Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schools around Vaishali & Indirapuram...

Collapse
X
Collapse

Schools around Vaishali & Indirapuram...

Last updated: August 25 2011
7 | Posts
3941 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schools around Vaishali & Indirapuram...

Dear Friends, Taking a leaf out of a thread started on Noida forum where there is a valuable discussion going on regarding good schools in the area i request you to please provide inputs on the same issue but a different location Ghaziabad,

I understand that the topic does not have a direct relation with Real estate but this still help is exploring an area / vicinity on this aspect and would help end users / parents in prioratising the location & school for their kids and in the process making the forum multi dimensional and adding to the value of the same.

I would like to gain the inputs on the schools like:

Presidium , IP
    Amity, Vasundhara
    GD Goenka, IP
    Appejay, Noida
    DPS, IP

I am looking forward for an education launch for my son who is 2 & 1/2 and is currently in a play school. In my personal opinion and deep in my heart i wish to follow the same system followed by the International schools of identifying the potential of the child and pushing him towards his strengths rather than pushing to improve upon the weaknesses and ignoring the strengths in the process, which actually is the coneventional eductaion system, would have loved to get my son to any of the international schools but to be honest can not really afford them witha fee structure of 4-5 L per annum, so will have to look for the second best options :-(

I am staying at Vaishali so have been considering the above mentioned available options but would like to keep away my son from the gruelling stressful curriculum and peer pressure meant only for academics but wants a complete personality development with an open mind and wide horizons not just restricting him to the conventional academic brilliance...............

You can add to the list if you feel a certain other school is better than the above mentioned list in near by locations.......

Re : Schools around Vaishali & Indirapuram...

Wikimapia - Schools around Ghaziabad

Comment

Hi Saurabh, Thanks for your post but I am aware of almost all the schools, no. of schools, their names and location around the area but am looking at the qualitative feedback and insight on the schools (specifically for those listed in my post and if possible on the others as well) from the forum members who have a hands on experience of educating their kids in these schools.........

Thanks

Comment

In my opinion and many would argue against it, as long as the school is of good quality and follow basic principles, it should be ok - it doesn't have to be international school. It depends on the child and the parenting they get. I would like my child to be grounded than be in the company of rich kids, who don't have a sense of responsibility and end up doing drugs/sutta/mms's.
        I studied in a school located in a rural area and never spoke a complete sentence in English before class XII. And yet many a times my British colleagues ask for my opinion on reports and their language. And there is a hunger and middle class insecurity which propels children and youth of Hoi-polloi to do well.

Comment

Hi Harsh, agree with your thoughts, you have shared on the forum but i feel comparing between two generations would not be correct as it goes on to different time zones, available means , level of expectations and competition.
          People who do not know computers are still running businesses worth of crores effectively(does not mean to degrade them at all) but with changing times the scales too have changed and come what may every parent would like to opt for the best possible option for their child. So just wish to use this discussion as a guide so that atleast i dnt have to regret on my decision of selecting a particular school due to lack of knowledge and insight of the same.
          Obviously the first school for a child is home and first teachers are parents but there is a life beyond that as well for which you need to resort to external factors such as schools and since scholl has a much wider spectrum of learning and education and in today's times of working couples (whether willingly or unwillingly both the parents have to work and earn in order to provide their child with best of means and education) it gains even more significance.

Comment

I heard about a school in Noida....maybe JKG International or something(Not sure), which had the Book-less and No Home work culture....I guess you are looking for something on those lines.

Comment

Hi Ashish, not exactly a bookless and no homework school but am looking for a school which does not create unnecessary pressure on kids and concentrates on the overall development of child valuing its strengths and weaknesses in a positive way.Academics do have a significant place but oversignificance to academics is not my idea.

Dear Forum members with hands on experience of Vaishali & IP schools of their kids please help to share your experience on these to help in figuring out the good schools from the bunch that exist around and one should look out at...........

Comment

I await and welcome inputs from the experienced parents who are forum members on my query...........
                Also add ST Francis school to the list above.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X