My main intention of narrating the below experience is just to alarm fellow IREF members with whom and from whom i have learnt and still learning to invest in Real Estate.

Most of the experienced IREF members consider Mahagun as an Average to good builder but my POV is different and I would still like to suggest you to stay away from Mahagun as it has lost its credibility after delivering pathetic projects in Crossings Republik & Mahagunpuram.

Mahagun has cheated people by increasing the no. of floors and creating mumbai challs in CR. The quality of materials used is also pathetic..my friends are suffering big time who had put in their hardearned money in CR.

Also, refer to the mahagunpuram blog at Mahagun - MahagunPuram, NH24, Ghaziabad for the pathetic state of this project. all 1200+ investors are facing the heat.

Mahagun has stooped to a below average level..cautious is the word for them...and do not invest in their projects...It is time when we say good bye to these builders who always took the investors to ride.

Many may say that you may refer to their noida's project and so on..let me tell you..a good builder remains good whether it builds in north or south..noida or ghaziabad...rest you all are intelligent.

It is better to shed extra money for a reputed builder for a place like home rather investing in a wrong builder.

This mantra has been learned from experienced members in IREF.
Read more
73 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I have seen MAhagunpuram consturction...it is just pathetic I have ever seen. The pillars are made of thinnest of iron bars. just not a worth of project to live...

But then people gave me all explanations 16+ lacs what will you get and I know how desperate people are to own a pieace of house...so here we go builder is just doing what we all have allowed them to do..

Fact is most of the people in this project are holding more then 1 unit and why to make some quick money...huh
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nikkugautam
    I have seen MAhagunpuram consturction...it is just pathetic I have ever seen. The pillars are made of thinnest of iron bars. just not a worth of project to live...

But then people gave me all explanations 16+ lacs what will you get and I know how desperate people are to own a pieace of house...so here we go builder is just doing what we all have allowed them to do..

Fact is most of the people in this project are holding more then 1 unit and why to make some quick money...huh

Thanks Nikku for the symphony !

My main intention by creating this thread is to convey the message to the fellow boarders that it is better to pay little extra for a better builder than paying these greedy builders like Mahagun.

It would be very difficult to compare ki mahagun mascot aur mahagun puram mein se worst kaun hai...and coming days mywoods would be on the same line too...
    CommentQuote
  • Will be nice to know from other members their views,,

I have generally seen people talking nice of this builder quality and commitments
    CommentQuote
  • Not Mahagun… but most of local builders in Ghaziabad/Meerut are using 2nd hand iron rods/material for construction. One of my friend’s father is a contractor in Ghaziabad and work on builder’s contract for residential/commercial projects…

They got 2nd hand iron material in GDA’s scrap auction and then they use it in residential/commercial projects. So builder is not aware.. what is being used by contractors… approx 50-60% material is used for construction of govt related projects…. Houses/flats.. etc…
    CommentQuote
  • Guys

That's really Dampening News for Mahagun Lovers. But still I feel, I could be wrong, citing one particular project to question Builder's intention and credibility would not be fare.

I can give few examples of reputed builders like Stellar and Arihant whose delivered projects like Stellar Icon in Gr noida and Arihant Arthura in Indrapuram respectively had got cracks in the buildings though those cracks were immediately covered up to avoid the Flat owner's Ire and to save the reputation.

Not meant to justify Mahagun if he is compromising with construction.

Thanks and Happy Diwali:)
    CommentQuote
  • Is it the case that mahagun has started taking things for granted and trying to take undue advantage of their reputation? if yes then they are going to go down the valley like many others.
    CommentQuote
  • It is not only Mahagun but look at every other one in the market.

Situation is so bad that if you ask any one how would you rate any builder in whole NCR region then no one knows how to judge them.

Organisation like CREDAI is just a another crooked platform for all these C grade builder they talk about transperency and look who all are the president and members.

People just keep guessing and keeping there fingure crossed as what they will get at the end.

This is the reason why choosing RTM apartments is not so bad decision now a days infact it will save you more in long run.
    CommentQuote
  • What about Mahagun M.aple Sec 50 project ? It's almost on time and I had word with a buyer of that project and he confirmed that Mahagun is not increasing super area etc at time of possession. And seems like most are happy with quality of Maple as resale rate is 6500-7000 and project is sold out.

Builder's like Mahagun who already have delivered multiple project in NOIDA, people can go and check quality.

Comparing NOIDA project with CR/Mahagunpuram is not fair. As CR/Mahagunpuram rates are almost same and builder is not making any profit so quality will be cheap.

But NOIDA projects are appreciating fast so quality will be better as builder making good money.

Regarding High density, that is common with everyone and NOIDA projects will not be exception.

BTW, I paid only 2705/sqft to Mahagun Sec 78 project so I am not that much concerned, those who buying at 4000+ rate should get worried.

When I paid 2700/sqft that time ATS was selling at 4000 and LP was selling at 3500 that's too at better location, if I expect it to be of that quality then it's my mistake.
    CommentQuote
  • one has recently mentioned on Moderne thread that quality is not good in moderne. If anyone else visited, please confirm.
    CommentQuote
  • I tend to agree with this ..
    As the feedback I see from Mahagun Mascot project in CR is same the quality is not up to the mark compared to other big builders in same area.
    I think it is not fault of contractor it is upto Mahagun to verify the material used by them like diameter of steel brand etc..
    I think after getting good name with their previous project in IP and other places they started to take investor for granted.
    I got few line in a sales pitch like sir apko tho pata hi hoga hum kitnae reputed builder hain we are best in NCR blah blah .. yes quality is taking a hit.
    CommentQuote
  • This is old way to drive

Farmers problems is over..................................eq 1

15 months are over.........................................eq2

Resale is now open .........................................eq3

adding all equations

and multiplying with a rumor that mahagun is a worst builder

u get a result

nice deal in resale

so pls guys dont sale ur flat at price less than 3700
    CommentQuote
  • This is old way to drive
    Farmers problems is over..................................eq 1

15 months are over.........................................eq2

Resale is now open .........................................eq3

adding all equations

and multiplying with a rumor that mahagun is a worst builder

u get a result

nice deal in resale

so pls guys dont sale ur flat at price less than 3700
    CommentQuote
  • if one thinks that by spreading a rumour on this site, suddenly cheap resale will be available, he is mistaken. even if 1 or 2 plan to sale, they wont call the guy who is writing -ve abt mahagun for that.
    CommentQuote
  • There is a link for a youtube video in the blog linked in the opening post of this thread:

Mahagun Mascot Inspection - Cement Quality - YouTube

Video is clearly showing a person chipping away the plaster of the wall with his bare hands.

I hope people living in that project are offering prasad in the temple on regular basis and also praying for their safety.
    CommentQuote
  • You tube reveal the quality... Oh my God !! How one can live in such apartment..
    Most of us thought the Mahagun is best in 78, but reality is here...

Its difficult to imagine for other projects also.. We give hard earned money to builders but getting such quality.. terrible ,

What may be solutions to overcome such problems, if builder provide such apartment at the end.
    CommentQuote