Appropriate maintenance charges in a Society

Last updated: May 29 2015
19 | Posts
5300 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appropriate maintenance charges in a Society

I am starting this thread to know the monthly charges of different societies. I feel that builders are charging excessively. Like in vaishali( well established area)I am paying Re.1 per sq ft per month. In RNE builders are charging 1.5 per sq ft per month ( I know about River heights & Ashiana). These builders are charging advance for 2 yr. In RNE societies are relatively bigger so should cost less per sft because of some common basic amenities. Moreover the societies are relatively new as compared to vaishali / IP, so need less maintenance. Then why high charges?

I am not able to understand the logic except the greed. Please share how much other people are paying & where. Please try to find a solution how we can negotiate with builders for this after we take the posession.

Re : Appropriate maintenance charges in a Society

Mohan Bhai,
    Sad but its true, that there is no way out, but to pay the 2 years advance maintaince charges as per the builder's demand.
    In APC aswell, we all paid 41500 during the time of possession as 2 years AMC, which comes to 1.35 PSF. I know its little higher but also there is no other option.
    When you talk about the maintenance charges there are 2 components to it:
    1: Services like Watch and Ward, Garden, Security, Cleaning, Lift etc etc
    2: Products like replacement of internal street lights, replacement of lift components etc etc.

The maintaince charges of 1 to 1.5 PSF ONLY covers the services part of the maintaince, and does not include the products, so irrespective of whether the society is old or new the maintenance cost would remain the same.
    Yes of-course when the maintenance comes in the hand of RWA, this can be surely optimized without any profits in the mind, but if the agreement says 2 years maintenance remains with builder you don't have any option but to pay it.

PS: If you ask me about my personal preference, I would say, I never ever mind paying little high maintaince at Ashiana, coz I am getting more than what I am paying for. In a way, Ashiana does'nt leaves even 1 stone unturned, which can make the residents complain about the quality of maintenance. They maintain it like a 5 star hotel.

Comment

At Indirapuram, we pay Rs 1.2 psf as maintenance charges at
      Ashiana Upwan. Worth the price.

Comment

in ashiana palm court 1.35, in ashiana upvan 1.20. Is it inclusive of service tax? I understand its worth. But if river height charges 1.5 then is it justified?

Comment

Electricity ke kya charges hai minimum? if one doesn't use.
          Thanks

Comment

change of interior in underconstrucion flats?

hi this is not related with current topic

Anybody can comment on, whether we can ask to change interior of our flat while still underconstrion? for example --1.change of tiles-- from plain to vitrified etc. 2. adding modular kitchen, etc. whatever be extra charges over and above plain tiles , if somebody able to provide that.

senior members plz comment including AAM ADMI.

Comment

Originally posted by sunil79 View Post

Anybody can comment on, whether we can ask to change interior of our flat while still underconstrion? for example --1.change of tiles-- from plain to vitrified etc. 2. adding modular kitchen, etc. whatever be extra charges over and above plain tiles , if somebody able to provide that.

It depends upon builder to buider.

Comment

Originally posted by mohanpruthi View Post
                It depends upon builder to buider.
                WHAT about Jaypee, in non golf facing side ?

Comment

Originally posted by sunil79 View Post

Better make a call to builder and ask. Generally Reputed builders don't take up personal work.
                  If any builder ready to provide, he would be charging more than the actual cost for the same for sure.
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cookie View Post
                    Electricity ke kya charges hai minimum? if one doesn't use.
                    AT Ashiana PC, we pay 65 for the Grid and 45 for the DG. So in total 110/Month, if one does'nt use the electricity.
                    Also the common area electricity is anywhere in between 200-250/Month(For Lifts, Stair Lights, Park Lights, club etc etc).
                    So in total anything around 300-350/Month as fixed charges. I guess its reasonable enuf.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X