I want to sell my flat in Gaur Green Vista. Apart from listing in websites (which i have done) can anyone please tell what more i can do about it?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Read more
19 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by chilliflakes
    I want to sell my flat in Gaur Green Vista. Apart from listing in websites (which i have done) can anyone please tell what more i can do about it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, ask for a reasonable price in these times if you are serious about selling. As you must be aware, market is not very conducive.
    CommentQuote
  • Its less for sure

Yes, i have kept that in mind and quoted price of Rs. 5343 psqft. Its less and think would make deal good for buyer too.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chilliflakes
    Yes, i have kept that in mind and quoted price of Rs. 5343 psqft. Its less and think would make deal good for buyer too.

Have a look at this article, you might have to change the definition of 'low quoted price' ... Peak time for real estate investors is over..
    Real estate bubble burst now a matter of time: Vallum Cap

And this is not a paid news, Newyork times also posted the same:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/business/global/a-housing-slump-in-india.html?pagewanted=all

Conclusion from these articles (if you believe): If you want to sell then sell ASAP otherwise it is highly possible that you wouldn't get another chance to make profit..
    Rest is on your personal decision and luck...
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, I Understand. Worst come i will again put it on rent....the rent amount do covers major part of my EMI. Thanks for info
    CommentQuote
  • Dont sell your good assets in panic . Wait for good times to be back.
    This is not a good time for the economy so there is negative news all around.
    Dont listen to brokers and people who are spreading negative news, those are the ones who want to make a killing out of your property.
    Acquiring a ready to move house is going to be even more hard in the days to come as raw material gets costly and difficult to acquire.
    That article is a scrap and is not realistic in indian scenario.
    Those who sold gold at a loss at 22k are now repenting as its back to 31k range.
    Reality prices can not crash as the cost is also also high for developers.There can be a max 10% correction in prices due to investors.
    Prices will bounce back as economy recovers and interest rates are cut , till then its better to hold on.
    Even I hold a property and have put it on rent to tide over this bad time.
    Is not a good time to sell as you will not get the right price for your flat.Its better to hold on and wait for this time to pass.
    CommentQuote
  • Even I am on the same boat and want to sell my flat.
    General enquiries are there for the first month, but now hardly any.
    As per brokers, there is crash crunch and people are not willing to buy property these days.

My problem is that I have lost my job recently and paid for my house for whatever I had, to save EMIs. I am not sure how long will this continue and I do not have holding capacity for long.

Lets hope this Diwali brings some happiness all around.
    CommentQuote
  • This may stay max. till elections are over(1 yr duration)
    Market will surely revive after that.
    However their will not be any crash in prices , I am getting people who are willing to buy but willing to pay 2-3 lakhs less.
    I have decided to hold on and not panic, I am not willing to sell at that price .
    I am sure before going for elections Congress , SP will do their best to improve investment mood.
    No one will like a hung parliament so one or the other collations will get a good majority.
    Nowadays people are willing to stay on rent and postponing their decision to buy till interest rates come down.
    So as soon as interest rates start to soften , it will revive market but surely we have to show patience.
    CommentQuote
  • I understands the correction and stuff but since markets move in tandem.......i would potentially be in loss in case i want to re-invest in some other property of higher price.
    I was getting good rent on the property(that was increasing every year)....and if things dont turn out as expected i would again put it on rent.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by investor1234
    Dont sell your good assets in panic . Wait for good times to be back.
    This is not a good time for the economy so there is negative news all around.
    Dont listen to brokers and people who are spreading negative news, those are the ones who want to make a killing out of your property.
    Acquiring a ready to move house is going to be even more hard in the days to come as raw material gets costly and difficult to acquire.
    That article is a scrap and is not realistic in indian scenario.
    Those who sold gold at a loss at 22k are now repenting as its back to 31k range.
    Reality prices can not crash as the cost is also also high for developers.There can be a max 10% correction in prices due to investors.
    Prices will bounce back as economy recovers and interest rates are cut , till then its better to hold on.
    Even I hold a property and have put it on rent to tide over this bad time.
    Is not a good time to sell as you will not get the right price for your flat.Its better to hold on and wait for this time to pass.

Although these articles are written by very crediable people with proper economic details, graphs and logic but since they are not favoring our interests so these are scrap..
    Anythings, which says a possibility of correction is scrap.. Analysts are wrong since real estate is a miracle asset which doesn't follow any law of economics... It will keep on rising rising and rising, sky has no limits.. I agree with you :D
    Please paste few articles which can suggest the other trend (price increase) :).....
    CommentQuote
  • Bhai..I dont disagree to the fact that prices will correct by max. 10% in short term.
    However I stay bullish on real estate just by my own reasons.
    There are many factors which wont allow a drastic price cut.
    However everyone has their own views , and nothing wrong in it.
    Even I am not god and can get wrong also as I dont know future.
    Still I just have my gut feeling that real estate is still the best asset class for a 5 year investment horizon.
    CommentQuote
  • real estate is good asset...........5 years or more..........depends on.....Location............. Its that simple
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by difam45
    Even I am on the same boat and want to sell my flat.
    General enquiries are there for the first month, but now hardly any.
    As per brokers, there is crash crunch and people are not willing to buy property these days.

My problem is that I have lost my job recently and paid for my house for whatever I had, to save EMIs. I am not sure how long will this continue and I do not have holding capacity for long.

Lets hope this Diwali brings some happiness all around.

My POV if flat is at good location and in reputed society then only you can expect that price may rebound in a year time or remain constant but do not expect any improvement by Diwali even for these flats. If you are getting a reasonable price then it will be better to sell out. Do not expect that you will get any premium prices and let me tell you if after 3 months you decided to sell in panic then you will get atleast 10-15% less, what you are getting today.
    CommentQuote
  • I had decided to sell my RNE 2BHK flat few months ago. Though I did get calls from so called genuine buyers but it always fizzled out in the last minute. Looks like there were several cheaper deals available for buyers. Anyway, I have decided not to sell my flat. When the market is down, it is time to buy and not sell. Post 2014 elections and once RNE societies become RTM prices will appreciate.

However, if you have bought the property on a bank loan like me then you are really forced to think in terms of appreciation vs loan interest. RNE is next Indirapuram and that alone is a good enough reason for me to hold on. You also don't want to repent 5 years down the line and think I wish I hadn't sold it ! IMO, Real Estate investments should be made considering returns in 5-10 years.
    CommentQuote
  • Agree with you on your point that it will be better to hold rather then sell in the falling market, but again it all depends upon your holding capacity. A distress sale in rising market even happen at cheap price so a distress sale in falling market is a major loss to seller. So if you have long period holding capacity then its fine else sale it at the earliest before the negative sentiment spread out like virus. The logic that property price will not fall as construction cost is high is all meaningless. All logic related to construction and labor cost that it is high is not at all logical. As a flat cost in a smaller city is much cheaper with not so much difference in land prices. For construction the torsteel, cement , bricks they are also getting at same price what the builder get in Delhi NCR or rather they will get a cheaper price due to bulk order so by logic their construction cost shall be lower. Those who come to these metros from small/medium town can check the cost of flat in their region and it will give them a fair idea of actual price.
    CommentQuote
  • In my opinion, there will be a major difference in land cost as well. Even within gzb, u will land rates varying from 15000 psq yd to 100000 psqyd depending on location.....
    CommentQuote