Could someone give an update on the airport approval for greater Noida, i have been hearing that some early construction has started, though this does not seem possible as there is nothing in the news.
Read more
42 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • plz share news paper link with us, as of now Greater noida didnt get NOC from GMR.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi no there is no newspaper article to it infact it was purely based on hearsay. The last newpaper article on this issue says that there is another GOM meeting scheduled on 24th August which will decide the fate of the airport. I believe this meeting will further be postponed. It is also mentioned that with the T3 phase of the Gurgaon airport , there might not be any fresh requirement or passenger traffic in the coming years.

Pls read :http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Wait-for-Greater-Noida-airport-gets-longer/articleshow/6170761.cms
    CommentQuote
  • This is a political game. Congress wants BSP support and they might say yes to Mayawati. What happens between GMR and Gr. Noida (UP govt)will be decided by "money"
    CommentQuote
  • I wonder why the airport shall not be constructed in G. Noida. In fact I believe just to profit the GMR group the necessary approvals are delayed. Many western cities have two or three airports. Delhi airport is congested and ill planned ( even after all the renovations). I have been to many airports around the world, even the contry like Thailand (Bangkok) is having a better airport.
    I think G. Noida( Jewar ) airport is ideal since it provides excellent infrastructure. The land is abundant and so are the roads. A true modern and international airport can be planned and made in Jewar.

Other issue is tussle between Mayawati and Congress. I just wonder why Mayawati dont propose to Rahul Gandhi, both are single, and both can decide the progress of future airport and .
    CommentQuote
  • Today in navbharat times & danik jagran wrote abt Javer airport ,
    BSP MP met with Prime minister in this regard, PM was also positive on that & give assurance to them of taking decision as soon as possible most probably postive.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by KMP_FNG
    Today in navbharat times & danik jagran wrote abt Javer airport ,
    BSP MP met with Prime minister in this regard, PM was also positive on that & give assurance to them of taking decision as soon as possible most probably postive.

hi,
    this is positive do u have the link for this news?
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • terminal 3 is made at cost of 40000Cr

there is no scope of new airport in jewar , govt just spent in upgrading terminal for 40K Cr with increased capacity.. 2wice of handled by uncommisioned terminal and the old one always worked twice its capacity ..

means new one has 4 times capacity the old one ..

where is the neeed for new airport then..

new capex not possible

rgrds
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Digvijay
    . I just wonder why Mayawati dont propose to Rahul Gandhi, both are single, and both can decide the progress of future airport and .

YUCKKKKKK....... imagine if that happens - how would the future generations of gandhis look like
    CommentQuote
  • It does'nt matter how much is the capacity of IGI Airport, here r few reasons for its requirement -

1. due to demand from cities like Ghaziabad, Noida , Greater noida , Aligarh, Mathura, Faridabad & Palwal.
    2. It will be easy for tourist to commute agra via Greno Airport.
    3. Air traffic in near to IGI Airport will be too high in coming years.
    4. For development of Infrastructure & Job opportunity of Delhi touch UP belt concern showed by UP CM to PM.
    CommentQuote
  • Hoping for the best!

Anwway , there does seem to be a slowdown of a sort for the airport due to the t3 terminal and the expenditure incurred. However, its no big deal if two airports are built in delhi ncr

lets Hope for the best! Pls keep updating as and when someone has some news...

Airport should make a lot of difference for those who have invested in these areas?
    CommentQuote
  • Proposed Jewar Airport is approx 70 Kms from Mahamaya Flyover and IGI is approx 25 Kms from Mahamaya flyover... now which one will impact those in Noida more?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by KMP_FNG
    It does'nt matter how much is the capacity of IGI Airport, here r few reasons for its requirement -

1. due to demand from cities like Ghaziabad, Noida , Greater noida , Aligarh, Mathura, Faridabad & Palwal.
    2. It will be easy for tourist to commute agra via Greno Airport.
    3. Air traffic in near to IGI Airport will be too high in coming years.
    4. For development of Infrastructure & Job opportunity of Delhi touch UP belt concern showed by UP CM to PM.

Well while the other reasons seem justified, a airport to cater to Agra does not seem a good enough reason. However, ggn and noida no doubt are booming ncr regions and the proximity from delhi to g noida is only getting better. If there should be a second airport, it should def be this one only!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vishal1880
    Proposed Jewar Airport is approx 70 Kms from Mahamaya Flyover and IGI is approx 25 Kms from Mahamaya flyover... now which one will impact those in Noida more?

Is this correct? The reason i ask is that in all news articles , they have mentioned that the distance between the gurgaon and the proposed airport is approx 70 kms...which was being sited as the biggest issue for airport clearence
    CommentQuote
  • Just bcz mayawati wants it, airport is not going to come up. Its just stunt to jack up property prices near yamuna expressway.
    Forget about airport till next atleast 20 years.
    Originally Posted by forummember
    Is this correct? The reason i ask is that in all news articles , they have mentioned that the distance between the gurgaon and the proposed airport is approx 70 kms...which was being sited as the biggest issue for airport clearence
    CommentQuote