Airport Contruction Greater Noida Update

Last updated: August 25 2010
42 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Airport Contruction Greater Noida Update

Delhi needs 2 airports..... even 3

Point is not the distance between 2 airports, this is a stupid rule implemented by our govt(is already broken in Goa), nor that how comfortable are we to use the airport closer to our house, nor how much our population demands, and also not whether GMR has just constructed T3...all these stunts are mere political and are being used for making money.

Point is to attract tourism, improve globalization, and match up to other cities of the world.London and Vancouver have 6 airports, population is no where close to Delhi. Many cities in US have 3 or more airports, most of them are less populated than Noida, Gzb and Faridabad.
    Lets think beyond mayawati/gr noida,lets think beyond distance between 2 airports.Fact is Delhi the capital of India doesnt have 2 airports.
    Another fact is becoz of sheer numbers whatever gets constructed for public, does not go waste, gets overused
    Last edited by Munish Malhautra; August 1 2010, 01:15 AM.
    MM

Comment

Well.. the Delhi Intl Airport is getting total overhaul.....so no airport for greater noida in near future...

Comment

Munish - thats an unfair comparison between the cities of US/Canada and India. The question is not of population but of the population with disposable income to fly and nearness to business. For both those purposes, Delhi serves quite well .... I doubt if we have that kind of percentage here.

Comment

Originally posted by vaibhav_arora View Post
          Munish - thats an unfair comparison between the cities of US/Canada and India. The question is not of population but of the population with disposable income to fly and nearness to business. For both those purposes, Delhi serves quite well .... I doubt if we have that kind of percentage here.
          I appreciate your post.
          IGI is currently the busiest airport in South Asia. India will have enough people travel by air as GMR itself predicts 100 million air passengers in 10-12 years. even thought it can cater to it but does is make sense to choke the roads leading to a single airport. as a traveler we will always have a choice and personally for me living in Noida it give me 2 options(though both are 40 kms away

also go thru the link below.

http://www.financialexpress.com/news...s-govt/259794/

To add: Delhi has more people than many cities put together who have multiple airports who can afford air travel.
          Last edited by Munish Malhautra; August 2 2010, 02:56 PM.
          MM

Comment

Originally posted by Munish Malhautra View Post
            I appreciate your post.
            IGI is currently the busiest airport in South Asia. India will have enough people travel by air as GMR itself predicts 100 million air passengers in 10-12 years. even thought it can cater to it but does is make sense to choke the roads leading to a single airport. as a traveler we will always have a choice and personally for me living in Noida it give me 2 options(though both are 40 kms away

also go thru the link below.

http://www.financialexpress.com/news...s-govt/259794/

To add: Delhi has more people than many cities put together who have multiple airports who can afford air travel.

Thankyou for the link. You are almost breaking news. Long way to go nonetheless

Comment

Nazafgarh, bijwasan, new palm viahr (not ansal palm vihar) etc are just less than 5 kms. away from international airport at delhi but there rate is 10 lakhs for 200 yards plot.

So I am surprised why this hala for airport in G. Noida or Meerut.

Comment

Originally posted by kuldeep444 View Post
                Nazafgarh, bijwasan, new palm viahr (not ansal palm vihar) etc are just less than 5 kms. away from international airport at delhi but there rate is 10 lakhs for 200 yards plot.

So I am surprised why this hala for airport in G. Noida or Meerut.
                Kuldeep,
                People are ready to shell 20L for 200 yard plot in G . Noida but wont pay 10L in Bijwasan and Najafgarh.
                U know why?
                Because its the end user psychology and perception for places which get developed. Why has Gurgaon developed compared to Bijwasan? The development of Gnida/yea is going to be huge 10 yrs down the line. can u say that abt Nazafgarh?
                MM

Comment

UP govt. is saying airport will come up in Meerut. Now they also say it will come up in G Noida also. Noida extension is having approx. 35k acres to be developed, 25k acres are there in yamuna expressway. That is why lot of projects are coming up. Clearly, few years down the line it will be oversupply situation and I do not know when G. Noida number will come to be hot.

Comment

UP govt. is saying airport will come up in Meerut. Now they also say it will come up in G Noida also. Noida extension is having approx. 35k acres to be developed, 25k acres are there in yamuna expressway. That is why lot of projects are coming up. Clearly, few years down the line it will be oversupply situation and I do not know when G. Noida number will come to be hot.
                    Kuldeep,
                    This is off topic. Discussion is about whether Airport coming to Gnida or not?
                    Comparison of Gnida, yea, Noida extn is avl on 20 other threads......plz keep your discussion in sync with the topic.
                    MM

Comment

Brother you started talking about the Airport and ended talking about land availibility.... whats the point??

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X