Collapse

Noida Extension-Wrong Name

Last updated: October 22 2010
41 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Noida Extension-Wrong Name

i disagree friend....from sai mandir to gaur city...its the most Underdeveloped part of Noida...nothing there...If such logics go...Indirapuram should also be called Noida extension...where its actually 1 km from prime noida..and vaishali...delhi extension....just across the road of delhi....this is very bad for greater noida city....it not only tarnishes its image...as it shows that builders dont want to use its name...plus inspite of being the hottest selling area in NCR..its not getting its due...A very Basic example...All these threads and posts about "Noida extension" should have been in Greater noida section...

Builders do exactly this manupilation...aaj naam badal ke becch rahen hain...kal layout badal ke bech denge....they are playing with all...this way of business should stop..its very unhealthy...call a spade a spade...I have personally noticed that nearly 50-60% of people from other parts of NCR or delhi who are not much acquanted with this are feel that this is Noida
    Last edited by zohaib2012; August 21 2010, 04:33 PM.

Comment

forget people in delhi ,
      there are so many people in other parts of the country who buy based on the broker feedback , and no one tells them that it is greater noida not noida ext

Originally posted by zohaib View Post
      i disagree friend....from sai mandir to gaur city...its the most Underdeveloped part of Noida...nothing there...If such logics go...Indirapuram should also be called Noida extension...where its actually 1 km from prime noida..and vaishali...delhi extension....just across the road of delhi....this is very bad for greater noida city....it not only tarnishes its image...as it shows that builders dont want to use its name...plus inspite of being the hottest selling area in NCR..its not getting its due...A very Basic example...All these threads and posts about "Noida extension" should have been in Greater noida section...

Builders do exactly this manupilation...aaj naam badal ke becch rahen hain...kal layout badal ke bech denge....they are playing with all...this way of business should stop..its very unhealthy...call a spade a spade...I have personally noticed that nearly 50-60% of people from other parts of NCR or delhi who are not much acquanted with this are feel that this is Noida

Comment

Still there is nothing wrong is that name. Thou say "Whats in the name"
        But if builders call it greater noida, 90% of prospective buyers won't even consider these projects thinking they are in developed Greater Noida (towards Pari chowk) and while so many options available within Noida itself right now. Calling it Noida extension pulls the buyers which otherwise would not have been possible by calling it greater noida. You can think of it pure marketing strategy. It is not fraud because it is greater noida on paper.

Comment

So basically my question is ...is Greater noida having such a bad reputation in real estate market that builders shy from using its name.Because this didnt happen when indirpuram was sold, manesar was marketed, vaishali..
          Crossing republik was also not sold as noida extension..
          Is Greater noida having such a bad repu..because I donot agree with you at all that people think greater noida is aroud pari chowk...you will be surprised to know that many people think that sector 93 in noida is in greater noida...

Comment

I definitely do not see this an issue.
            From Noida Sector 18 as central point Gr. Noida is 25 kms going from eway, 17 Kms going from Bhangel road and 12 kms going from Sai Mandir road.
            Am not sure what prompted authorities/builders to give that name but what i can think of is the distance from Noida which is least(12 Kms).

I dont see Noida Extn any good an address as compared to Greater noida. The word Noida is anyway common in both difference is only between the words Extn and Greater
            Now one can choose from among the words. I am sure most people are not considering names while buying a property, they are choosing the location.

Had it been for name Crossing Republik is the best
            MM

Comment

I feel its only unfair for Greater Noida as a city..A very small but conclusive example is that on this forum also..you can see thousands of comments and views in Noida section for "Noida extension"..when all this cud have been in Greater noida section, boosting its image
              Pls remember that most of the investors are not locals who understand the difference..most of them have not even seen the areas...they feel its Noida and Greater noida contnues to be a distant city for them..which they imagine as being in a jungle....This was a en oppurtunity for the city as a whole to shed that image...so that people who have invested or who plan to invest have an idea that Greater noida is not only pari chowk but a bigger area.

The fact is that today "so called Noida extension" is the Hottest selling area in NCR..and will continue to do so for some time.
              Whether one buys or not....but people will know that a certain area is progressing and progressing well.

Indirapuram helped Ghaziabad shed that image...people who bought or didnt..all knew that Ghaizabad is hot selling..thereby boosting its image.

One can say very conveniently that name doesnt matter..but it does...in this case..the loser is greater noida...big time..

Sector 15, 14 is NOT Maharani bagh extension or delhi extension
              Indirapuram is NOT noida extension
              Vaishali is NOT Delhi extension
              Manesar is NOT Gurgaon extension

such cheap marketing leads to wrong branding, wrong image

All ads of builders have maps which lead to site area...any person can see clearly from it..that its NOT near pari chowk...It cannot be justified that this extension name can be used becoz people have an image of Greater noida....I am just curious..that when will this image be changed ???

And certianly my friend its not just a difference of "extension" or "greater"...maybe for people who know about this area...but what about investors..the majority of people who are creating a brand image of a city..they are clueless

Comment

If u keep on calling it Noida extn it will get that name and that is what is happening here.
                My perception is that even though there are many projects coming there it is only attracting the middle class people and for sure not hottest selling.

New supply of houses in Noida Extn will be consumed by the market and everyone gets a hit including Noida and G.noida, but is very important to curb the rising prices else middle class can never buy a house in or around Noida. Yes places like CR definitely get hurt.
                MM

Comment

Munish
                  I absolutely agree with you.A place is named after what people call.With such hype created abt noida extension,it would obviously called noida extn and i think such names are convenient also instead of having numerical digits
                  Last edited by bharat204301; August 24 2010, 11:21 AM.

Comment

It seems that there is some problem with name 'noida extension' as supertech and Amrapali showed their projects in Greater Noida instead of noida extension in today's newspaper " Hindustan". Are they officially denied to use 'noida extension' or some new trick is there ? Only God knows!

Originally posted by bharat204301 View Post
                    Manish
                    I absolutely agree with you.A place is named after what people call.With such hype created abt noida extension,it would obviously called noida extn and i think such names are convenient also instead of having numerical digits

Comment

The Greater Noida authority has probably woken up.
                      And rightly so....The area is Greater noida..and with so much hype about it..and so many buyers...and projects lined up...its definately a hot selling area...Greater noida should gain from this...as a City..

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X