Collapse

Noida Extension-Wrong Name

Last updated: October 22 2010
41 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Noida Extension-Wrong Name

Anybody buying flat in Noida Extension knew it's under Greater Noida Authority because the booking form mentions the actual site address.

Noida Extension is an marketing gimmick to attract people, there is no harm in doing that.. yes builder should also mention the actual site address. I think builder can give more better name like what Zohaib suggested "New Greater Noida".

Even Indirapuram projects were sold as 'Indirapuram opp Noida electronic city'. No builder wants to associate with Ghaziabad because of its bad reputation in NCR. Today the place is known more as Indirapuram more than Ghaziabad.

Noida extension should also be given a better name by GN Authority...

Comment

Dear friend...New Greater noida...was a clerical error...typing mistake
      It would be best if an area under Greater Noida is called Greater Noida and an area in Noida is simply called Noida

I am still confused...Is Greater Noida having such a bad reputation...just like you wrote...no one wanted ghaziabad...is it same for greater noida...
      Till date no one has answered me this simple question

Is it because most of them have invested in Greater Noida and dont want to bad mouth it

becasue from whatever i have seen...that city is the most beautiful in NCR...and well planned....Is it having a bad repu like ghaizabad.. ????

Comment

Originally posted by zohaib View Post
        Dear friend...New Greater noida...was a clerical error...typing mistake
        It would be best if an area under Greater Noida is called Greater Noida and an area in Noida is simply called Noida

I am still confused...Is Greater Noida having such a bad reputation...just like you wrote...no one wanted ghaziabad...is it same for greater noida...

Is it because most of them have invested in Greater Noida and dont want to bad mouth it

becasue from whatever i have seen...that city is the most beautiful in NCR...and well planned....Is it having a bad repu like ghaizabad.. ????
        Its does not have bad reputation..but yes till date its not that "hot" on RE market...coz distance is "too much" for current time..but may be in future it would look like next door...so wait for that time when greater noida arrives on scene..

Comment

No one can compare Greater Noida and Ghaziabad.

Kaha Raaja Bhoj (Greater Noida) aur Kaha Gangu Taili.

Noida Extension has a great potential. It is a futuristic location.

And will be far better location compare to Greater noida in next five years.

NO RISK NO GAIN

Comment

[QUOTE=zohaib;101466]

Am not sure why u are hell bent after Noida Extn. does it really matter. When we all know that both are part of Greater Noida then how does one side of Greater Noida or its name carries a bad reputation compared to the other side and how does naming it Noida extn increase value. It is only abt location and nothing else.
            In all probability Gr.noida(noida extn) is poised to become the city in demand ~2020 and am sure the authorities will continue with this name and not change it to improve reputation.
            MM

Comment

Originally posted by Pradyot1315sqf View Post
              No one can compare Greater Noida and Ghaziabad.

Kaha Raaja Bhoj (Greater Noida) aur Kaha Gangu Taili.

Noida Extension has a great potential. It is a futuristic location.

And will be far better location compare to Greater noida in next five years.

Pradyot sir ..aapke noida sector 137 kae baare mae kya bichaar hae...how would u compare noida ext with noida 137?

Comment

Originally posted by ashok4814 View Post
                Pradyot sir ..aapke noida sector 137 kae baare mae kya bichaar hae...how would u compare noida ext with noida 137?

Ashok Ji

Noida Extension is my choice as an end user.

I havn't much idea about noida sec 137. ut my question is suppose u have to go sec 135, then what is possible route n time? Even it is only 1 km from sec 137.
                NO RISK NO GAIN

Comment

"Am not sure why u are hell bent after Noida Extn"

Seriously yaar, I am NOT at all against that area..infact its the best location and choice for any buyer who has limited budget and wants to be near many cities of NCR..delhi,noida,ghaziabad...even faridabad may be within 15-20 mins drive.

One can see clearly that people are comparing "Noida extesnion" and Greater Noida...Now that doesnt make sense...because ITS SIMPLY Greater noida.
                  Its like comparing Pari chowk and sector Alpha, beta, etc
                  On this forum also you will see that people are saying the Noida extension
                  is better than greater noida projects....Now isnt that funny...because whole of Noida extension is Greater noida.

And all this comes from people who have interest in Noida, Greater Noida..who are well versed with the area....so now imagine what is in the minds of people who are living in other parts...they all feel noida extesnion is still Noida..and Greater Noida is a "Cold" market....isnt that Unfair to a city. Its the hottest selling product in NCR today..and still No credit.

Thats only my concern. if this is Not rectified..then the real estate value of Greater noida will Not pick up...it will not "Arrive" in the real estate market..where in full reality...it already has...and in a Big Way
                  If Sector 18 of noida is a run away success commercially..then the hwole of Noida benefits....people in hyderabad, pune also have heard about it and say...yes noida has sector 18...we have heard about it. Gurgaon has MG Road...everyone knows about it..whether one has property there or not...
                  One single area of a city can propel it in the news thereby increasing its face value....its image

Gladly the Greater Noida authorities have also realised that all their efforts are going down the drain with noida enjoying all the hype about this area..and they have strictly told the builders to mention GNoida in their Ads...its evident now days.

Just as a thought...the whole of NCR ,maybe even India...has some idea about Sector 18 Noida market..one of the biggest commerial areas around.
                  Now how would the advocates of "Name doesnt matter" respond if the following were done:

1. DND Flyover...Delhi extesnion flyover
                  2. Sector 18 market..South Delhi extension market
                  3. Great India Place mall...South Delhi Extension
                  4. Noida metro station...Mayur Vihar Extension metro station
                  5. Noida Greater Noida expressway....Kalindi kunj expressway

and so on

Dear friends....I am looking at the big picture..If you take away the benefits of the name..then there is a negative impact on the city.

If no one has issues with names..then why all these builder projects have fancy names...and not names like...."EROS Group presents..Suraj Awas Samiti"....3C Launches..."Jeewan Jyoti"....Jaypee Greens "Hariyali Yojna"

In a nutshell as a layman...I can only understand one thing
                  Either noida extension name is wrong..and in my opinion be removed
                  OR to accept that Greater Noida is a "Cold and Thanda" market and no builder wants to take a chance by using its name, and to remove this stigma....auhtorities should use the hype created by these sectors of Greater noida

Comment

We are unnecessary spending enegeries on trival issue.

If both buyers and builders are happy with Noida Extension name, what is the issue? Just calling a new name does not change ANYTHING.

Everyone knows that LP has no LOTUS and Golf City has no GOLF COURSE and so on.............

GN is good or bad is another issue...depends upon relative factors.

Comment

Zohaib,
                      my comments in bold. Basically what u are repeatedly saying is right but is not a major concern area. It does not come in the list of top 10 priorities while chosing a property. The most important are Location, Price, Builder, Layouts etc

Originally posted by zohaib View Post
                      "Am not sure why u are hell bent after Noida Extn"

Seriously yaar, I am NOT at all against that area..infact its the best location and choice for any buyer who has limited budget and wants to be near many cities of NCR..delhi,noida,ghaziabad...even faridabad may be within 15-20 mins drive.

One can see clearly that people are comparing "Noida extesnion" and Greater Noida...Now that doesnt make sense...because ITS SIMPLY Greater noida.
                      Its like comparing Pari chowk and sector Alpha, beta, etc
                      On this forum also you will see that people are saying the Noida extension
                      is better than greater noida projects....Now isnt that funny...because whole of Noida extension is Greater noida.
                      There is no harm in comparing different locations. DOnt we compare between GK1 and GK2? they are in the same south delhi but different locations. ALso there is a big price differential. In Noida dont we compare sec 16 with sector 15? again there are lots of differences. Why is sector 25 called Jalvayu vihar and why is sector 30 called Ramvihar?

And all this comes from people who have interest in Noida, Greater Noida..who are well versed with the area....so now imagine what is in the minds of people who are living in other parts...they all feel noida extesnion is still Noida..and Greater Noida is a "Cold" market....isnt that Unfair to a city. Its the hottest selling product in NCR today..and still No credit.
                      yes i agree but in the end, The address in Noida extn will still read like this" Mr. Zohaib, Flat number-33, Eros Aptts, Noida Extn, Greater Noida, Distt UP".

Thats only my concern. if this is Not rectified..then the real estate value of Greater noida will Not pick up...it will not "Arrive" in the real estate market..where in full reality...it already has...and in a Big Way
                      If Sector 18 of noida is a run away success commercially..then the hwole of Noida benefits....people in hyderabad, pune also have heard about it and say...yes noida has sector 18...we have heard about it. Gurgaon has MG Road...everyone knows about it..whether one has property there or not...
                      One single area of a city can propel it in the news thereby increasing its face value....its image

Its okay prices are determined by many factors definitely not by name. And if prices of knowledge park which is also known as noida extn increases its basically gr noida prices increasing, isnt it.
                      Plus there is still a lot of land avl in Noida so anyway gr. noida(noida extn) is still a minimum 5-7 yrs away from glory

Gladly the Greater Noida authorities have also realised that all their efforts are going down the drain with noida enjoying all the hype about this area..and they have strictly told the builders to mention GNoida in their Ads...its evident now days.
                      AT the end how does it matter when money is going to the same pockets? Its like this i get 8% return from Investment A and 9% from Investment B.

Just as a thought...the whole of NCR ,maybe even India...has some idea about Sector 18 Noida market..one of the biggest commerial areas around.
                      Now how would the advocates of "Name doesnt matter" respond if the following were done:
                      1. DND Flyover...Delhi extesnion flyover
                      2. Sector 18 market..South Delhi extension market
                      3. Great India Place mall...South Delhi Extension
                      4. Noida metro station...Mayur Vihar Extension metro station
                      5. Noida Greater Noida expressway....Kalindi kunj expressway
                      and so on
                      Dear friends....I am looking at the big picture..If you take away the benefits of the name..then there is a negative impact on the city.
                      If no one has issues with names..then why all these builder projects have fancy names...and not names like...."EROS Group presents..Suraj Awas Samiti"....3C Launches..."Jeewan Jyoti"....Jaypee Greens "Hariyali Yojna"

The above points are a deviation from the subject and are not related with the discussionwe can argue the whole day abt why is your name Zohiab and my name Munish

In a nutshell as a layman...I can only understand one thing
                      Either noida extension name is wrong..and in my opinion be removed
                      OR to accept that Greater Noida is a "Cold and Thanda" market and no builder wants to take a chance by using its name, and to remove this stigma....auhtorities should use the hype created by these sectors of Greater noida
                      yes thats right, its purely a sales trickby authority and builders to differentiate on prices and location. money as i said is going to the same pockets Like i said gr noida is still minimum 5-7 yrs away from being anywhere near hot
                      MM

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X