Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Investment Advise needed from Zohaib Munish Malhautra and other Respected Members

Collapse
X
Collapse

Investment Advise needed from Zohaib Munish Malhautra and other Respected Members

Last updated: October 18 2010
22 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Investment Advise needed from Zohaib Munish Malhautra and other Respected Members

my comments in bold
    Originally posted by sbajaj View Post

Ans - It's a leased property ....rent was Rs. 1,83,000/ pm only ...It seems like investor has made a bundle on capital value ....and returns PM are not attractive or may be alternative investment is too good to be missed.

105psft lease rental for GIP-GF? not possible. The lease rentals are fixed at 150, plus 50-50 sharing of maintenance as per the latest plan. i am sure about this, even Pizza huts' location is decent.

It seem GV is expensive by 25-30 % .....retail shop cannot be more than 10k per sqft on ground floor in GN. We can't compare with banana.....Comparison with noida is not a right comparison.

Issue is we always feel that way when we buy property from private builders. Anyway prices work differently for commercial(compared to residential). Cost of commercial land is fixed at minimum 500% higher than residential and this benchmark is similar across the country. Cost of construction is almost twice hence higher loading, even NOC and clearances are very costly.Premiums differ once demand grows. Lease returns are much higher..

Wish you all the best....let's see what happens.
    We are seeing retail slowly getting in India, i think it will only get better with time
    Regards
    Sbajaj
    MM

Comment

Re : Investment Advise needed from Zohaib Munish Malhautra and other Respected Members

GIP - Property was leased 4-5 years when GIP was not even ready for public ....hence such low rentals ....todays rentals are not less than 150 - 200 per sqft ( sec 18).

whatever you said about Commercials are right ....no doubt about that.....My thinking is it's a high price for Greater Noida.

Regards
      Sbajaj

Comment

It seem GV is expensive by 25-30 % .....retail shop cannot be more than 10k per sqft on ground floor in GN. We can't compare with banana.....Comparison with noida is not a right comparison.

Wish you all the best....let's see what happens.

Regards
        Sbajaj[/QUOTE]

GV is different concept as it seems to be.
        reminds of big malls in durban n cape town.
        out of city, great place,
        how successful this concept in india only time will tell.

Comment

Grand Venezia is no doubt a unique and novel concept. But only time will tell how it shapes out. And as many members have pointed out that leasing will play an important role in the success of this mall.

Omaxe Connaught place is also trying its best to woo customers. Had a full page ad in TOI - Friday edition. It is offering 14% ROI and 7 years money back guarantee.

BTW Zohaib where are you. I would also value your views on my original query. Please opine

Comment

Zohaib , doesn't seem to be around from a couple of days. I hope everything is fine .

Originally posted by tilakj View Post

BTW Zohaib where are you. I would also value your views on my original query. Please opine
            Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
              Zohaib , doesn't seem to be around from a couple of days. I hope everything is fine .
              Zohaib has become Aamir Khan. He has hid himself somewhere. Let's find him out.

Behti Hawa sa tha woh....
              Udti Patang sa tha woh...
              Kahan Gayaa use Dhoondo...

Comment

Originally posted by tilakj View Post
                Hello All

I am an IT professional and currently own and reside in a residential property in Gurgaon.

In near future I plan to quit my job and start a retail garments business. For this I plan to sell off the residential house in Gurgaon and diversify my investment in residential + commercial property in Greater Noida. The current valuation of my property in Gurgaon is around 1.75 Crores.

My question to respected members is:

1. If I need to invest near 1 Crore in a residential property (preferably plot and later construct it), where should it be. As I live with Family my priorities will be security and availability of daily need shops in near vicinity.
                Be around pari chowk area as its most populated and is in the heart of the city. Security, etc concerns are similar as in gurgaon. You have lived there. Gated societies (even plotted areas) are best, and to be safeer incest 1-2 lakhs in electronic surveillance and you will be much better off. Around Pari chowk you get everything, from top schools (GD Goenka also coming), good hospitals, marktets, malls, banks, etc

I have visited Greater Noida a few times in past with my Wife and although it presently gives a secluded look we have been highly impressed with its well planned infrastructure. I have a gut feeling that it would be the best location in NCR in around 5-7 years.
                It would be certianly an excellent place to live in..with more open spaces and all facilities next door. BUT if you work in delhi then commuting will be an issue....Greater noida is best suited for people who work on greater noida, NEPZ, Noida expressway

The areas that we liked were Alpha-1, Alpha-11, NRI City. I am not sure if my budget will allow me to buy a plot and construct 1 or 2 floors on it.
                You have a top budget...you should be easily be able to close the deal My sincere advice..with such a good budget..stay away from govt. plots...the gantry is very very average

2. More importantly Where should I invest in commercial property. As I plan to start a retail business i would need a commercial shop either in an open market like Alpha commercial belt or in some mall like Grand Venezia,etc.
                Greater noida has a middle and upper middle class population and mainly student population....any commericla which caters to them will be successful.
                The issue is that there is a huge supply and limited demand...one has to select the commercial space very very carefully, and all that depends on Leasing. You never know a mall which is unknown today may spring a surprise.
                So my advice if you are planning to shift to Greater Noida:
                1. Buy residential close to pari chowk...there are plenty options...gated societies are best...not only NRI City..there good societies in sectors behind NRi city which are very good..and offer good VFM.
                2. DONT BUY COMMERCIAL...you can rent it out..rentals are low....wait for malls, etc to complete and see how they perform..most of the mall space is held by investors..you will have no problem finding an inventory. There is oversupply in the region..you will have no problem finding good inventory..
                You will see within 2 years the mall spaces coming up and how they fare...In 2004 commercial space in Gnoida was sold are 6000-7000 psf (ground floor)...now after 6 years its around 10,000 psf.

Invest your commercial money is something else...like f.d, , etc etc..

Grand venezia is a top product..till now everything they have done has been spot on...but now they are enteringa VERY VERY crucial area....LEASING....if they are able to understand the market need of Gnoida and the fact that many malls will come up around...they needs to lease it well....if they do..they will succeed.

By holding a lot of space they have done a smart thing...i hope they lease it out well

What are the current rates per sq ft for shops on ground/upper ground floor in malls like Grand Venezia.
                Talk to property dealers..you will get handsome discount...initially when shops were sold..the investors bought ..rates were less then...i am sure you should be able to get something at around 12,000 psf.
                But again once complete and leased out then you will have a better choice..plus other malls as well.
                With so much supply...the rates will not shoot up through the roof.

I have been following this forum, especially posts from Zohaib,Munish Malhautra amongst others and feel that this is the best platform to help you guide in the right direction. So please help me take right decisions. Thank you all.
                Thanks for your appreciation

PS: BTW Gurgaon property prices have been spiraling upwards in last few months. Would it be advantageous to hold on to my plans for an approx an year so that I can bargain better. Cause Greater Noida I feel would not be so volatile in next 1-2 years. Or am I wrong here?
                Greater Noida needs a push...and as of today the only push i see is metro...if it starts then some push will be there...else donot expect the rates to come up in the same ratio as noida

Comment

Zohaib , great to see u back in action & i hope everything is all right. U were missing from the forum , for a couple of days or so.
                  Last edited October 17 2010, 10:41 AM.
                  Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
                    Zohaib , great to see u back in action & i hope everything is all right. U were missing from the forum , for a couple of days or so.
                    Thanks a lot for your appreciation and concern friend...i am absolutely fine...had some functions to attend outside the city...

Comment

Originally posted by guesswho View Post
                      Zohaib has become Aamir Khan. He has hid himself somewhere. Let's find him out.

Behti Hawa sa tha woh....
                      Udti Patang sa tha woh...
                      Kahan Gayaa use Dhoondo...

Thanks a lot friend..i was actually expecting something like " thanks zohaib for not posting"

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X