Hi,

All the property in Noida extension that are in progress are on land that have been leased to builders by Noida Authority for 90-99 years.

With my limited knowledge on the subject I was not sure what would happen to the property after this period of 90 years? Will Noida Authority claim the land back for some other purpose and building demolished or asked to Vacate?

In Mumbai, the usual practice is that Builders provide all the Flat owners a 'Sharing Certificate' which mentions that the FLat owner also owns part of a Land. Do builders in Noida Ext issue such Certificate? I think No. Why?

Also, Would there be any Legal Hassle in re-selling the Flat as it is on a Leased Land?
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Its not only Noida Extension its in Noida too Land is Leased Hold.
    CommentQuote
  • Thats OK.
    But as I mentioned my concern was - What would happen to the property, by which I mean the Flats that are being booked, after the Lease Period expires?
    CommentQuote
  • Don't restart the "leasehold" issue again since it has been already discussed extensively on Noida Forum on this.
    for those "Leasehold" does matter most, would look for options in Ghaziabad and Faridabad.
    CommentQuote
  • Didnt got the thread for leashold issue

Hi Admins,

I searched the thread for the leasehold issue, but didn't got it.
    Request you to kindly guide me to the same.

And also, if you could answer the only question I had.
    What would happen to the property after the lease period expires? OWnership of flat would stay with the Flat Owner?

Apologies for the repeat thread...
    CommentQuote
  • either i didn't find the related thread,

though i think there will be some lease rent, like we have now when we purchase any flat like 100Rs PSF or so.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AtharIqbal
    Hi Admins,

I searched the thread for the leasehold issue, but didn't got it.
    Request you to kindly guide me to the same.

And also, if you could answer the only question I had.
    What would happen to the property after the lease period expires? OWnership of flat would stay with the Flat Owner?

Apologies for the repeat thread...

Hi Iqbal,

All noida n noida extension land is on perpetual lease i.e. after the lease period either the lease would be extendable or would be converted to freehold with nominal charges as it happened to many parts of Delhi too like east delhi etc. so it is not a part of major concern... or u can contact any property expert advocate who can guide you in detail....i was already aware of this and even the developer told me the same while booking my apartment.

Prashank
    CommentQuote