We all know what has happened in NE, No the big questions is what will be the future of NE? What are the likely outcomes.. in my opinion:

1. Supreme Court will reverse the HC order and let builders proceed with construction.

2. Builders/ Authority will offer additional compensation to farmers and things will go on as it is.

3. All project is Noida Extension will be scrapped and land will be given back to the farmers.

4. Court will say lets make some public utility building / govt offices in Noida Extension

5. Legal Battle will go on for next 10 years and nothing will happen

Pls choose one or feel free to add your choice!
Read more
15 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • do we really need a separate thread for this?
    CommentQuote
  • In my opinion, Builders/ Authority will offer additional compensation to farmers and construction will go on
    CommentQuote
  • Created this bcoz till now i have only read about how bad the situation is and no one is talking about what can be the possible outcomes. if it has been discussed before then please post the links here for benefit of others.

Originally Posted by LChand
    do we really need a separate thread for this?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by finstar
    Created this bcoz till now i have only read about how bad the situation is and no one is talking about what can be the possible outcomes. if it has been discussed before then please post the links here for benefit of others.

you could have posted ur queries in a another thread where discussion about NE & 7X sectors situation is being done....
    New threads keep coming up...discussion/important point get distributed among various threads...& many threads get lost...

So better to keep a single thread for a discussion not multiple threads...

Tell me how this Poll will help... i am not discouraging but i am doubtful about constructive meaningful outcome of it...

bhai search karo threads..u'll get many related threads where you can put ur query...
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Mr Lchand,

I am of late seeing an arogance in your posts.. Its not that your posts had always been highly informative..Had always been some random comments..But always fun i must say...

of late you seems to be in an overdrive to criticize others and make fun of others and force your so called " senior member" status..

dont do it... just chill... tone down your writing style when suggesting something...

just a random suggestion... please dont mind...

jai

Originally Posted by LChand
    you could have posted ur queries in a another thread where discussion about NE & 7X sectors situation is being done....
    New threads keep coming up...discussion/important point get distributed among various threads...& many threads get lost...

So better to keep a single thread for a discussion not multiple threads...

Tell me how this Poll will help... i am not discouraging but i am doubtful about constructive meaningful outcome of it...

bhai search karo threads..u'll get many related threads where you can put ur query...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by finstar

Pls choose one or feel free to add your choice!

In each project, every floor will have one flat owned by Farmer. You'll have cows & goat in your corridor... we'll share lifts with various type of animals...

The cows will graze in the green area exclusively alloted to them within project premises. Cows will join you in swimming pool. You'll find yourself playing Badminton, Tennis with the opponent in Dhoti-Kurta. All vegetables & crops will be grown in the society itself. We'll have bio-gas generation unit in society & bio-gas line connecting directly to our kitchen. Green concept shall be utilized to maximum extent.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jaideepsr
    Hi Mr Lchand,

I am of late seeing an arogance in your posts.. Its not that your posts had always been highly informative..Had always been some random comments..But always fun i must say...

of late you seems to be in an overdrive to criticize others and make fun of others and force your so called " senior member" status..

dont do it... just chill... tone down your writing style when suggesting something...

just a random suggestion... please dont mind...

jai

i forgot to put smilies in my post..else you'll not have this view towards my post.:D..
    I have raised a valid point.... please don't consider it as arrogance... i apologize if you or any other member feels so...:)

PS: I am really tired today after office work. I am typing with single handed while lying on bed. Senior Member status is w.r.t no. of posts and has nothing to do with age or RE knowledge. I am very young & little kid.
    CommentQuote
  • just to share .............Once in an advertisement of Amrapali Project, builder referred Gaur round about as a "New Pari Chowk". is " gaur round about" going to be "New pari Chowk" I have doubts......:bab (38):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cookie
    just to share .............Once in an advertisement of Amrapali Project, builder referred Gaur round about as a "New Pari Chowk". is " gaur round about" going to be "New pari Chowk" I have doubts......:bab (38):

I have grown up on IREF reading Pari Chowk chalisa and always felt it is really a "fairies chowk". In short term the fairies dreams are crashing with reality for both old and new chowks. Hopefully our fairy 'BMW" would give something to the farmer "angels" for a happy endings.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vicky6
    I have grown up on IREF reading Pari Chowk chalisa and always felt it is really a "fairies chowk". In short term the fairies dreams are crashing with reality for both old and new chowks. Hopefully our fairy 'BMW" would give something to the farmer "angels" for a happy endings.

Well Vicky

Pari Chowk is indeed beautiful and I love that place and I just shifted to Unitech Heights in Gr Noida though I have flat in Vaishali too where there is no Pari chowk. you are saying as investor and I see Pari chowk as an end users. and one thing more I have not grown up on IREF reading pari chowk Chalisa. after extensive search and calculating my Budget and personal choice I moved to Gr Noida where green is greener and water is sweeter.
    CommentQuote
    Well Vicky

Pari Chowk is indeed beautiful and I love that place and I just shifted to Unitech Heights in Gr Noida though I have flat in Vaishali too where there is no Pari chowk. you are saying as investor and I see Pari chowk as an end users. and one thing more I have not grown up on IREF reading pari chowk Chalisa. after extensive search and calculating my Budget and personal choice I moved to Gr Noida where green is greener and water is sweeter.

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. It is interesting how you defended old pari chowk and abused new pari chowk
    CommentQuote
  • 1st of all i don't understand what you are trying to say............
    There is no comparison between Parichowk and round about of Noida extension though I have made investment too in Noida extension in Mywood. so better Cut your Fimli phrases out.........
    Originally Posted by vicky6
    People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. It is interesting how you defended old pari chowk and abused new pari chowk
    CommentQuote
    1st of all i don't understand what you are trying to say............
    There is no comparison between Parichowk and round about of Noida extension though I have made investment too in Noida extension in Mywood. so better Cut your Fimli phrases out.........

My sympathies are with you.
    CommentQuote
  • Housing demand falls by 20% in Noida Extension - Times Of India
    Housing demand falls by 20% in Noida Extension

May 22, 2011, 03.29pm IST
    NEW DELHI: Housing demand in Noida Extension area in the National Capital region ( NCR) has fallen by at least 20 per cent following a court order directing return of land acquired for residential development to the original owners.
    Property developers and consultants said that most of the prospective home buyers are adopting a wait-and-watch policy for any purchase in Noida Extension, a part of Greater Noida area, and demand has fallen since the court order.
    The Allahabad High Court has denotified more than 150 hectares of land acquired by the Greater Noida Authority and directed the entire land to be returns to their owners.
    CommentQuote
  • BBC News - India land disputes pit farmers against middle class
    India land disputes pit farmers against middle class

By Shilpa Kannan BBC News, Delhi Bhatta Parsaul village was on fire after clashes over land rights
    Continue reading the main story Related Stories

Row over Gandhi 'atrocity' claims
      Scorched Indian village in 'atrocity' row
      Gandhi atrocity claims 'baseless'

In the first of a series of reports on land rights, we look at the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, where there have been violent clashes between local villagers and police in a dispute over land.
      It's a hot summer day and the air is thick with smoke from the diesel-powered trucks carrying bricks, cement and sand.
      There is a long line of vehicles along the road as the trucks jostle with bullock carts and tractors carrying bags of grain.
      The small, sleepy village of Sahberi is now part of an upcoming suburb called the Noida Extension, in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.
      Here, fighting for space between huge cow-dung mounds and broken farm machinery, are gleaming boards advertising swanky penthouses and apartment blocks.
      For urban Indians, this represents an affordable housing dream.
      Last year, Vikas Chauhan, 31, used his life savings to buy a one-bedroom flat in Amrapali Smart City, one of the many residential developments coming up in Sahberi. At a cost of 10m rupees ($223,000; £135,800), the property looked perfect.
      Vikas Chauhan thought he had his dream home locked down
      But in a ruling on 12 May, the Allahabad High Court struck down the acquisition of the land by the state authority.
      Mr Chauhan is now worried about his investment. "My money is stuck in this project. I can't buy anywhere else till they give me back my money," he says.
      "I invested one year back and now all the other developers have raised their prices. How can I afford a house now?"
      But Mr Chauhan is not alone.
      Legal wrangling Mohammed Mameen, 23, has also lost his home. His farming land was taken away to build a new real-estate development for people like Mr Chauhan.
      Mr Mameen's family has been farming for generations in the same land, located in the fertile upper Yamuna basin.
      The government in Uttar Pradesh has acquired thousands of acres of land along the Yamuna River to build housing blocks, highways, airport and even a Formula 1 track.
      Mr Mameen and other farmers from the Sahberi village decided to fight back and filed a case in the High Court.
      Continue reading the main story “Start Quote

They forced us out of our lands and homes. I don't know any other job other than being a farmer - how can I be a farmer without any land?”
      Mohammed Mammen Farmer
      Now their victory in the land acquisition case is inspiring other villagers to take to the courts to demand their land back.
      "This verdict establishes the right of the farmer over the land he tills," Mr Mameen says.
      "They forced us out of our lands and homes. I don't know any other job other than being a farmer - how can I be a farmer without any land?"
      While most villagers who had to give up land are angry their livelihood was taken away, many say the main cause of their anger is the paltry compensation offered.
      The existing land act dates back to 1894. Under this, the government can acquire any piece of land for projects in "public interest" - such as hospitals, roads and other infrastructure-related projects.
      But, increasingly, this law is being used to sell land to real-estate developers to build apartment blocks.
      That's putting poor farmers in direct conflict with the wealthy middle classes across the country.
      While the land dispute in Sahberi is being fought in the courts, a similar dispute in the nearby village of Bhatta Parsaul turned into a bloody battle between angry villagers and the local police.
      Female family members watched their husbands and brothers being arrested in Bhatta Parsaul
      Haystacks were set on fire, homes looted and four people died when farmers demanded more compensation for land the authorities had acquired to build an expressway to the Taj Mahal.
      This agitation triggered angry reactions from across the country.
      It also put pressure on the Indian Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh, to amend the land laws.
      The prime minister admitted the government "needs to think afresh on the land bill".
      He said he recognised land acquisition had become a sensitive issue and acquisition of prime land aroused valid concerns.
      "Industrialisation is essential for our country to solve problems of unemployment and poverty," he said.
      "That process has to be equitable and one way to ensure it is so is to see that land acquisition does not become an instrument of depriving farmers of their livelihood."
      No easy solution The government is planning to take up the land acquisition bill in parliament during the monsoon session beginning in July.
      This new bill would have specific guidelines for valuing land and a social impact study would be made mandatory before evictions.
      Continue reading the main story “Start Quote

There is a need for political will and honesty of purpose while implementing this law”
      Mukul Rohatgi Senior lawyer, Supreme Court of India
      But some people feel the solution is not that easy.
      A senior lawyer of the Supreme Court of India, Mukul Rohatgi, says the problem is not in the law but in its implementation.
      "There is a need for political will and honesty of purpose while implementing this law," he said.
      Mr Rohatgi says the main issue is that public purpose needs to be well defined.
      Secondly, the price of compensation and the manner of dispensing this compensation needs to be laid out clearly.
      Thirdly, he says, there needs to be special courts to arbitrate in land disputes, so that cases are heard in a fast-track manner and issues resolved quickly.
      The Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry calculated in 2009 that land disputes had stalled 133 projects, halting $100bn of investment.
      Uncertain future Meanwhile, builders are attempting to win back consumers' confidence.
      The Amrapali group has offered customers an option to shift to other projects nearby. Their project, called the Smart City, had 5,700 units on 35 acres of land in the Sahberi village.
      Another builder, Mahagun, had sold independent villas in the disputed area and has offered customers a refund.
      More than 50 developers were planning projects in the Noida Extension area. There is now uncertainty among buyers.
      Mr Chauhan is still hopeful of getting his dream home. But as he and many other middle-class people look for affordable housing, the resulting boom in real estate is driving villagers from their farms.
      More than two-thirds of India still relies on agriculture for a living. Unless the government modifies the land acquisition act, more and more farmland will be taken to fuel India's fast-growing economy. Mukul Rohatgi Senior lawyer, Supreme Court of India
      A senior lawyer of the Supreme Court of India, Mukul Rohatgi, says the problem is not in the law but in its implementation.
      "There is a need for political will and honesty of purpose while implementing this law," he said.
      Secondly, the price of compensation and the manner of dispensing this compensation needs to be laid out clearly.
      Thirdly, he says, there needs to be special courts to arbitrate in land disputes, so that cases are heard in a fast-track manner and issues resolved quickly.
      The Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry calculated in 2009 that land disputes had stalled 133 projects, halting $100bn of investment.
      Uncertain future Meanwhile, builders are attempting to win back consumers' confidence.
      The Amrapali group has offered customers an option to shift to other projects nearby. Their project, called the Smart City, had 5,700 units on 35 acres of land in the Sahberi village.
      Another builder, Mahagun, had sold independent villas in the disputed area and has offered customers a refund.
      More than 50 developers were planning projects in the Noida Extension area. There is now uncertainty among buyers.
      Mr Chauhan is still hopeful of getting his dream home. But as he and many other middle-class people look for affordable housing, the resulting boom in real estate is driving villagers from their farms.
      More than two-thirds of India still relies on agriculture for a living. Unless the government modifies the land acquisition act, more and more farmland will be taken to fuel India's fast-growing economy. Mukul Rohatgi Senior lawyer, Supreme Court of India
      More than two-thirds of India still relies on agriculture for a living. Unless the government modifies the land acquisition act, more and more farmland will be taken to fuel India's fast-growing economy.
    CommentQuote