Land row: Mayawati announces new land acquisition policy

Lucknow:
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati has finally met farmers protesting for greater compensation for land and announced a new land acquisition policy which will come into effect from today.

She though clarified that the new policy will not affect land acquisition in Bhatta-Parsaul.

The chief minister said the private players will have to directly acquire the land and the government will only act as a facilitator.

She further added that farmers will be given 16 per cent of developed land.

Last month, farmers' agitation at Bhatta Parsaul in Greater Noida had turned ugly with four persons, including two farmers and as many cops losing their lives.

Earlier, BSP supremo charged Congress party over fuelling the agitation in Uttar Pradesh when she said, "The Congress was only responsible for the demonstrations by the peasantry."

"We will raise the issue in Parliament for bringing uniform land acquisition policy," Mayawati added while stating her strategy to resolve the land acquisition spat.

The Allahabad High Court on May 30 cancelled the 170 hectare land acquisition in Gulistanpur in Greater Noida. Earlier 100 farmers approached the court seeking justice as the government "forcefully" grabbed the farm lands.

The Mayawati government reportedly acquired the land for private real estate developers. The High Court also asked the state government to pay for any monetary loss to any farmer.

However, the Supreme Court on the same day refused to entertain a petition seeking a CBI enquiry into the alleged excesses and violence unleashed by the Uttar Pradesh government on farmers protesting against "forcible" acquisition of land at Bhatta Parsaul.

Assembly elections are due in Uttar Pradesh in 2012.
Read more
48 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by sanjeevchaudhri
    Yes.

Flat/land prices are high in Gurgoan as builders directly buy from farmers and Gurgoan Authority levies significant EDC changes.

Same would now happen in Noida/GN/NE.

Rush and buy ready to move-in properties but unfortunately these are in severe under supply in Noida.

but their is good supply in GHOST town Gr Noida ( Original one - from where G N thingi started all Greek letter sectors in Gr Noida , ALpha , Beta , Gama , Pi....

THESE one have not seen appriciation due to NE ... where as rising high yet with Ghosts ... :bab (45):
    CommentQuote
  • LUCKNOW: Under pressure over farmers' agitation, the Mayawati government in Uttar Pradesh on Thursday announced a new land acquisition policy under which its role in acquiring land for private developers would only be that of a facilitator.

The chief minister, who held a farmers' panchayat earlier in the day to discuss their problems, announced that the new policy will be implemented with immediate effect.

Facing flak over acquiring land for private companies, the government has decided that from now on, the developers would be acquiring land directly from the farmers.

The chief minister also said that such acquisitions could only happen with the agreement of 70 per cent of the farmers in a given area. In case of disagreement, the project would be reviewed, she said.

Giving details of the new policy, she said that in the affected villages where land has been acquired, the developer would have to construct a kisan bhawan as well as a model school.

The chief minister clarified that areas where land has already been acquired and compensation distributed to farmers including Bhatta-Parsaul and Tappal will be out of the ambit of the policy.
    CommentQuote
  • in that case if we talk about only Noida region, the risk factor is not that much high. The only risk will be protests by farmers as they need more compensation for their land. This will be the worst case.
    I feel Noida is in much better position than NE or GNoida regarding land acquisitions.
    CommentQuote
  • I am told by a broker in Noida that the farmers of village Sarai Sadar and Sadarpur are also preparing to file a writ in Allahabad High Court. These villages are in sector 45, 46 and 99. The broker has some of his family still living in these villages. Some of the farmers accepted the compensation from the authority 5-7 years ago. In some cases the farmer who took compensation has died and now his sons and family members are going to court.

Apparantly farmers have realized that filing the case in court is not a very expensive thing to do and odds are in their favour and also all or any money that they now get from government is a bonus.

So this circus is likely to continue for many more years to come.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sgslakshya
    in that case if we talk about only Noida region, the risk factor is not that much high. The only risk will be protests by farmers as they need more compensation for their land. This will be the worst case.
    I feel Noida is in much better position than NE or GNoida regarding land acquisitions.

Is there still land available in Noida to be acquired???
    CommentQuote
  • I think we are working with some assumptions here which might not be true.
    Assumption 1 - Farmers like the new policy. We dont know the farmer bodies reaction just now.
    I anticipate some large and active farmer bodies emerging now, which will of course be run by wannabe politicians or big landlords, who will try and ask for more in the policy, no matter how liberal it is.

Assumption 2 - The courts are sitting and waiting to provide largess to any farmer who approaches.
    Again, in the 2 high court verdicts giving the land back to the farmers, the Courts reasoning for cancellation was:
    n the first case the land was acquired for non-residential purposes and later used for residential
    In the second case while the urgency clause was applied, since the last 3 years no development has been done, so there seems to be no urgency as such.
    This means if farmers, on whose land development has taken place already and if the land was acquired for residensial purpose itself and most farmers have taken compensation - which I suppose will hold true for most new sectors of Noida, and a few on YEW (eg the Japyee township, which I hear was acquired much earlier), and many more, I think the court will not rule in farmers favor.

The courts lately have shown activism, intelligence and aware of ground realities. Don't assume judiciary to keep handing out doles in each case.

NitinIn the second case while the urgency clause was applied, since the last 3 years no development has been done, so there seems to be no urgency as such.
    This means if farmers, on whose land development has taken place already and if the land was acquired for residensial purpose itself and most farmers have taken compensation - which I suppose will hold true for most new sectors of Noida, and a few on YEW (eg the Japyee township, which I hear was acquired much earlier), and many more, I think the court will not rule in farmers favor.

The courts lately have shown activism, intelligence and aware of ground realities. Don't assume judiciary to keep handing out doles in each case.

NitinIn the second case while the urgency clause was applied, since the last 3 years no development has been done, so there seems to be no urgency as such.

Nitin
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ThePunjabi
    I am told by a broker in Noida that the farmers of village Sarai Sadar and Sadarpur are also preparing to file a writ in Allahabad High Court. These villages are in sector 45, 46 and 99. The broker has some of his family still living in these villages. Some of the farmers accepted the compensation from the authority 5-7 years ago. In some cases the farmer who took compensation has died and now his sons and family members are going to court.

Apparantly farmers have realized that filing the case in court is not a very expensive thing to do and odds are in their favour and also all or any money that they now get from government is a bonus.

So this circus is likely to continue for many more years to come.

what i heard is Sarai Sadar is 100% encroachment on NA land and Sadarpur is 70% encroachment on NA land. Let see if farmers can challenge these sectors,
    CommentQuote
  • abhi bhi time hai bhai logo - noida xxx bhool jaao kuch saal ke liye aur Delhi , Faridabad dekho - west delhi, north delhi has still enough land bank left

thori himmat karo dosto - unauthorised colonies of delhi are NOT illegal colonies - they might lack few aminities but great for people who want to get in their own home

rohit
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    abhi bhi time hai bhai logo - noida xxx bhool jaao kuch saal ke liye aur Delhi , Faridabad dekho - west delhi, north delhi has still enough land bank left

thori himmat karo dosto - unauthorised colonies of delhi are NOT illegal colonies - they might lack few aminities but great for people who want to get in their own home

rohit

You know better that this forum has mostly IT people only and most unauthorised colonies are not worth it for this target audience for the obvious reasons like no loans and not so good gentry.

So why bother mentioning that in a thread about BMW's new policy? Start a new thread about unauthorised colonies and I'll post there.
    CommentQuote
  • Warren:

Delhi unauth are good for investments and that too if you can afford risks.
    Definitely investment point of view it's the best.

But given the gentry of people here and that too most IT guys, most cant afford black money as well with no loans.
    CommentQuote
  • Everyone is trying to make a buck or few in this whole process.
    Respected judiciary will make some, farmers will make much more than many of us who are posting here and behenji will get her vote bank.

I think with so much of end user effected, definately supreme court will come to rescue of aam aadmi.

Can anybody explain to me if lets say builder has to pay more to farmers, how officially he will pass on the cost to end customer ? As goes with my name, I am confused on this part ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Confused
    Everyone is trying to make a buck or few in this whole process.
    Respected judiciary will make some, farmers will make much more than many of us who are posting here and behenji will get her vote bank.

I think with so much of end user effected, definately supreme court will come to rescue of aam aadmi.

Can anybody explain to me if lets say builder has to pay more to farmers, how officially he will pass on the cost to end customer ? As goes with my name, I am confused on this part ?

Builder has enough ways to pass the burden he can simply add super area by 5-10% and u end up paying 2-4Lacs, he can also charge u by way of IDC, EDC etc etc. Point is not price as of now. Point is the aam admi issue as u rightly mentioned. Keeping lands barren or for agricultural use never bring prosperity to an economy, its the urbanisation and technology use which does. A region having flats for people to stay, hospitals and schools, offices and infra is far better proposition, than open fields.
    Infact farmer wants to sell their land, but only if they get a good compensation. Who wouldnt want to sell land for profit including u and me, its no rocket science, if i get a buyer who pays me well for my property, i will sell it. yes if price is not good then all the more reason to make things work out. A regulation across country is definitely needed.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren

Delhi unauthorised colonies are 200 times better than Noida xxx reason you pay the whole money so no debt - you move in the first day so the feeling of owning a home - huge liquidity is available in those colonies - wearing big brands and going for weekend parties at blue eye kind of pub that too through team parties only burns whole -

Understand your weakness - which is the no job security and act according to that.

PERIOD

rohit

I suggest that you start 2 new threads:

1. Benefits of unauthorised colonies over Noida xxx.

2. All the evils plaguing the IT guys.

No one will stop you if you do that. No need to to teach anyone how to live his/her life. This is a real estate forum, not a yoga camp run by Baba Ramdev. :D :D

Now back to the BMW's land acquisition policy. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra
    Guys(users/investors) dont worry and panic as some vested interests are doing their level best to push their own interest.

The situation is not as bad as it is being positioned. things will be worked out between govt-authority-builder-farmer.........enduser/investor needs to wait and watch and stay put.

This is a repeat post of mine.....

Its a fact people r creating so much hype even media....this is a mass issue..so it can not be go against people.....
    so there is no need to put guess ki flat expensive ho jayenge.....

Currently there is so much land bank which mayawati govt has already aquired..it will take atleast 10 years to develop....

and i do not think there will be any new launches in next 6-7 month atleast ....but the remaining unsold flat might get expensive 10-15 % to cover extra funding..but it does not impact the people who has already invested.

There is so much inventry to come...extra money can be recovered there...in otherway it will benefit the people who has already invested......

It's my opinion....this area is not a small piece of land...so govt will take any action to develop this area as planned earlier...change of metro route is example of this.....i guess no one should worry..and keep a horizon of 5 year then what this area will become....daily itna sauchenge to dikkat ho jayegi......property is not share market... short term in property is atleast 2-3 years.Now a days these appartment has change the definition of short term to 6 months to 1 year.

Gud luck to every invester/enduser in NE......:bab (4):
    CommentQuote
  • Seems that few posts were deleted by mod from this thread where all of us got some gyan about what IT and IT people are about :)
    CommentQuote