What would you suggest from a 5 year horizon - a plot in greater noida around pari chowk at around 25k or a plot in tdi kundli at around 20 k in one of the better blocks ?

Suggestions welcome.
Read more
475 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by ver_amit
    I travel from Pitampura to GN and vice-versa atleast 5 times a month and distance is around 55 kms as said by you but it never takes more than 1 hour 20 mins to reach other side. Till ISBT, i can reach with in 50 mins and due to next 10 of red lights (turn to IP college, university, model town, azadpur, ashok vihar etc), it takes another half+ hour which is routine traffic to cross these areas (no matter from where you come). It proves that now a days if connectivity is good then distance doesn't matter.
    Connectivity to GN is superb from any delhi area and best part is that Noida is just 20 mins away from there. Ghaziabad main residential colonies like RajNagar, Kavi Nagar can be reached in 40 minutes using NE road from GN.

Now dont say that sonipat, panipat, ambala, chandigarh, kullu manali etc can be reached faster from Kundli. I am just talking about reachability for NCR regions.

GN is quite reachable, takes total 1hr 10 minutes to reach Dwarka . Noida is only 25 minutes away . I grew up in South Delhi..GN is closest substitute. All major shopping (wedding, electronics,house furnishing,clothing etc. etc) is done at Noida..and if something more than Lajpat Central mkt fills that gap which is another 15 min away from Noida..Among Dwarka,Noida and GN --I would rate GN to be best living area.
    If someone is worried about gentry--than most of my school classmates from IIT/IIM/REC/working as Sr. managers in MNC/NRI's have bought properties in Greater Noida only. Why?
    In early 2003/2004.. these ppl were already earning a lot, and Gurgaon hadn't come up back then. And GN was only planned alternative. no talk of even expressway then. These folks are not speculators, haven't exited yet and plan to move in next 2-3 years
    Dwarka is great for renting/mostly retired govt. officials live there.
    Good GN flat was 45lakh all inclusive and good dwarka flat was 25 lakh in 2004. Hence folks who bought in GN in 2004 come from better socioeconomic background or had extra 20 lakh lying around 7 years ago.
    CommentQuote
  • if someone is worried about gentry--than most of my school classmates from IIT/IIM/REC/working as Sr. managers in MNC/NRI's have bought properties in Greater Noida only. Why?

because GN is the closest thing to the IITK campus. i miss it.
    in fact, me and my wife, after returning to india were thinking of shifting to dehradun,roorke, or haldwani and teach in some engineer college.we were fed up of crowd and infra of indian metro cities.
    but then we saw GN and found it resembling iitk campus.
    we then decided to make our home here. i hope to close a deal soon.

its all thanks to the negative publicity of GN that we are getting RTM villa for price of 2BHK of noida/ggn
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jai_Singh

because GN is the closest thing to the IITK campus. i miss it.
    in fact, me and my wife, after returning to india were thinking of shifting to dehradun,roorke, or haldwani and teach in some engineer college.we were fed up of crowd and infra of indian metro cities.
    but then we saw GN and found it resembling iitk campus.
    we then decided to make our home here. i hope to close a deal soon.

I guess many of us had gone through the same thought process. dehradun,roorke, haldwani, Haridwar, Uttarkashi, etc are all great place to have a peaceful life.

The only issues are education for the kids at the moment and health care at a later stage. In case your parents are with you then both the issues at the moment.

Job may or may not be a major issue for these group of people as they just need some small job to meet their "day to day expenses". Without a job also, many of these people can survive by digging in their savings, but that may not be an ideal option.

For kids education, whether you like it or not, a metro gives a head start. The most of the Indian metros are complete collapse of infra and a gas chamber.

GN is an excellent balance between the two and hence many like us felled in love with GN.

Jaibhai, if you don't mind, can you please share what did you thought for a regular income?
    CommentQuote
  • sonipaT is best for a business person residing in north or west delhi

lets now compare from a north or west delhi
    Business class person.. (lalla jis)
    Sonepat : 20,25 min distance ..by car
    Whether there is traffic or not..
    Gnoida: takes atleast more than 1 hour so a businessman having his unit in north or west delhi would prefer sonipat..
    As prices in delhi are out of reach..

Secondly he is getting a 300sqyd villa with all modern facility and 5 bedroom builtup area..
    On a 15m wide road and 2,3 reserved parking..
    At a rate in which he cant even buy a 100sqyd floor in pitampura ..

Thirdly .. Everyone want to see there investment growing even if it is end user ..
    And all of us know about the sonepat potential in upcoming years ..

After RRTS reaching here the minimum plot rate would reach 50,60000 ..
    means 200% appreciation in 4,5 years atleast u can expect ..

Now education . Rajeev gandhi education city
    Is coming up. With several colleges and universities .. Work gping on. One can expect them in 4 years ..
    Dps gd goenka. Many. Famois school are present there ..
    Also jindal's coming with a multispecislity hospita , school , and college ..
    security is one of the main components
    Sonepat is the lesast know for crime in whole NCR..

connectivity is not an issue ..

dlf and anantraj sez. Going to complete in 4 years .. It would create a lot of high profile jobs here .too ..

and also supply here is very less
    As compared to other ncrs..

I had said beofre and i am saying even now i am bullish on villas in whole ncr ..
    Especially sonepat ..
    becoz i beleive in having my own piece of earth to live in ..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sauravsbban
    Gnoida: takes atleast more than 1 hour so a businessman having his unit in north or west delhi would prefer sonipat..

Secondly he is getting a 300sqyd villa with all modern facility and 5 bedroom builtup area..
    On a 15m wide road and 2,3 reserved parking..
    At a rate in which he cant even buy a 100sqyd floor in pitampura ..

Thirdly .. Everyone want to see there investment growing even if it is end user ..
    And all of us know about the sonepat potential in upcoming years ..

After RRTS reaching here the minimum plot rate would reach 50,60000 ..
    means 200% appreciation in 4,5 years atleast u can expect ..

Now education . Rajeev gandhi education city
    Is coming up. With several colleges and universities .. Work gping on. One can expect them in 4 years ..
    Dps gd goenka. Many. Famois school are present there ..
    Also jindal's coming with a multispecislity hospita , school , and college ..
    security is one of the main components
    Sonepat is the lesast know for crime in whole NCR..

connectivity is not an issue ..

dlf and anantraj sez. Going to complete in 4 years .. It would create a lot of high profile jobs here .too ..

and also supply here is very less
    As compared to other ncrs..

I had said beofre and i am saying even now i am bullish on villas in whole ncr ..
    Especially sonepat ..
    becoz i beleive in having my own piece of earth to live in ..

See as per my views Only really big factor which will be actually +ive for Sonipat-Kundli is the announcement of RRTS (High Speed Bullet Metro at 150 KM per hour) by Center Government for 3 inter-connected Routes (Meerut-GZB-Delhi, Sonipat -Kundli-Delhi, Bhiwari-Gurgaon DLF-Delhi). But this is a very costly project and it will cost several times more than DELHI METRO DMRC Project.... No body knows that when this work actually physically be started, as at this time everything is in Files of NCRPB.... If this project really happen then I am sure than Kundli may reach 50K+ PSY in next 5 years otherwise NOT no chance.

As for Less Crime in Sonipat ... Come on yaar, in India Crime is at high speed every where.... Read any local news paper of Sonipat and just follow all 1 week news, you will find 100s of crime cases in Sonipat every week. Read below local news paper posted for you !!!

Sonipat News | Sonipat Hindi News | Local Current News of Sonipat | Haryana
    CommentQuote
  • For income in GN- my friends parents are retired from central government, have a lavish pension. Other friends work in Adobe/HCL and other companies in Noida. Sonepat--don't know that area--idea of only business people living is enough to scare off :-).
    Local schools/ GN expressway schools are good , as for higher studies..i guess all depends after entrance exams where one lands up.
    AFAIK, no business ppl in GN--all salaried folks in RTM apartments..(input from someone who frequents this area since last 6 yrs.)..So GN works best for retired, ppl working in Noida.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sauravsbban

Secondly

OK bhai, maan liya Kundli is the best investment destination, even better than NP.

Now what next ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gharondabhai
    OK bhai, maan liya Kundli is the best investment destination, even better than NP.

Now what next ?

Aaare Gharondabhai , Aap haar maane walo mai nahi ho ;) !!!! keep this debate on.... GN is Really far ahead at this time & Leading destination of NCR.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by saurabh2011
    Aaare Gharondabhai , Aap haar maane walo mai nahi ho ;) !!!! keep this debate on.... GN is Really far ahead at this time & Leading destination of NCR.

The key is WISDOM .. bekar ki behesh mein kya faida? :bab (48):
    CommentQuote
    The key is WISDOM .. bekar ki behesh mein kya faida? :bab (48):

Yes.. You Are Right.

BTW on Tuesday I went to ST Micro Greater Noida with one of my Crossing Republic Friend.... Great IT Company in GN & having 2500+ Employee, some of them are good paid 20+ Lac per annum. Khoob ghooma GN , N-Eway... Sab Kuch Uksski Car Mai ;).... Maaja Aaya, Pizza Khaya GN ke Dominos Mai...

Some employee in ST Micro even coming form Gurgaon Raajeev Chawk by Company Cab and as per them it take 90 Minutes to him and no problem at all, Company Cabs of ST Micro is really of very good quality. In ST Micro GN, Employee are coming from every location of NCR, NCR has been expended. Huge public in NCR has makeup their minds of traveling more than 1 hour (1 way) for their jobs.
    CommentQuote
    I guess many of us had gone through the same thought process. dehradun,roorke, haldwani, Haridwar, Uttarkashi, etc are all great place to have a peaceful life.

The only issues are education for the kids at the moment and health care at a later stage. In case your parents are with you then both the issues at the moment.

Job may or may not be a major issue for these group of people as they just need some small job to meet their "day to day expenses". Without a job also, many of these people can survive by digging in their savings, but that may not be an ideal option.

For kids education, whether you like it or not, a metro gives a head start. The most of the Indian metros are complete collapse of infra and a gas chamber.

GN is an excellent balance between the two and hence many like us felled in love with GN.

Jaibhai, if you don't mind, can you please share what did you thought for a regular income?

G-harnoda bhai...

i'd mentioned in my post that we were thinking of joining engineering college as faculty members. there are many pvt engg/mgt institutes that have come up in dehradoon-roorkee-haridwar best.

along with in might have tried my hands in travel/food industries like opening a small but hepp food joint there.
    CommentQuote
  • one thing i would like to point out.

Its true GGN has more jobs than Noida-GN combined and more high paying jobs.
    But it we compare of only IT/BPO jobs then Noida and GGN fair equally.
    Recently, all the IT companies have shown good performance in their year reports and its the finance, consultancy etc companies that are feeling the heat. Rupee is falling which will all more benefit the IT companies.Thats good for noida-GN area.

PS: i dont wish bad for GGN or any part of india. i wish all grow
    CommentQuote
  • i am not against gnoida .. but yes as a north delhi resident i prefer nh1 sonepat

Originally Posted by saurabh2011
    See as per my views Only really big factor which will be actually +ive for Sonipat-Kundli is the announcement of RRTS (High Speed Bullet Metro at 150 KM per hour) by Center Government for 3 inter-connected Routes (Meerut-GZB-Delhi, Sonipat -Kundli-Delhi, Bhiwari-Gurgaon DLF-Delhi). But this is a very costly project and it will cost several times more than DELHI METRO DMRC Project.... No body knows that when this work actually physically be started, as at this time everything is in Files of NCRPB.... If this project really happen then I am sure than Kundli may reach 50K+ PSY in next 5 years otherwise NOT no chance.

As for Less Crime in Sonipat ... Come on yaar, in India Crime is at high speed every where.... Read any local news paper of Sonipat and just follow all 1 week news, you will find 100s of crime cases in Sonipat every week. Read below local news paper posted for you !!!

Sonipat News | Sonipat Hindi News | Local Current News of Sonipat | Haryana

dear . For your kind information ..
    Soil test has been done for the route .. Project's dpr has been prepared and approved by ncrpb ...
    Now they are analysing different source of funding ..
    And also monorail is cheaper in terms of cost than
    Monorail ..
    Metro cost 125cr per km
    While monorail elevated cost 75cr perkm ..
    And also there a metro proposed till sonepat ..
    connectivity is stil not a problem because of signal free nh1..
    Soon with in 2 year there would be special trains running from delhi to sonepat..
    With good frequency this is also proposed..
    Man stil at 21,23000 persqyd u are getting a home in a gated community .. Wuth every basic facility ..
    CommentQuote
  • The simple fact is that for NCR connectivity, GN is one of the best options and for people with specific preferences e.g. just for north delhi business people kundli might work. The thread's aim is to discuss about GN and Kundli plots investment keeping the view of complete NCR.
    For person living in Pune or Banglaore, GN or Kundli both are useless so same way, if you just talk about north Delhi, it has no sense to compare with GN. For them Azadpur, Narela, bawana or many cheaper lal dora areas are better than Kundli in terms of reachability, appreciation or day to day business commutation.
    And if LalaJi has lot of money better buy good house for few crores in Shalimar Bagh, Rohini, Ashok Vihar or any other good area, why to look even for Kundli? I know many good businessmen living in North delhi and they would never prefer to leave the place for anywhere else.. doesn't matter if they can afford to buy 2000 sqmtr house in GN or in Kundli in same money.
    Hope it sums up.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote