Noida Extension Buyers Unite Against Builders

Last updated: August 29 2012
564 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Noida Extension Buyers Unite Against Builders

Farmers ready to sell land to builders, on their terms

It's all about money. It is highly unlikely, and practically very difficult, that land returned in Shahberi village will be used for agriculture ever again. Farmers in Shahberi and all other villages in Noida Extension have made it clear that they are "not against development". It's just that they want more money for their land.

Itaidha village head Roop Chand said, "Farmers want to sell directly to builders." Farmer Saroj Singh in Shahberi said, "If we are given market rates, we have no problems in selling land directly to builders."

"When land was acquired, we thought the deal would fetch us good money. That's why 90% villagers have claimed compensation. It was a mistake," said Rajpal Singh of Khairpur.

Before the authority notified land for acquisition, farmers used to sell plots at Rs 3,500 per sqm. The area borders with Ghaziabad and builders there are offering Rs 10,000 for one sqm of land. "But the authority offered farmers Rs 850 for one sqm of land. This is highly unfair," Saroj said.

And farmer leaders, who ran the campaign against the authority, are already worried by the trend. "Builders are trying to negotiate with farmers by offering Rs 300 to Rs 500 more for one sqm of land. With this rate, an individual will end up getting Rs 1 crore to Rs 2 crore more. The amount is enough to motivate farmers to go for fresh deals," said farmer leader Manveer Bhati. But even he had a piece of advice. "Farmers should bargain collectively."

-HT

Comment

Farmers have stopped construction work in rest of proejcts
      Attached Files

Comment

But,I don't think that farmers can directly sell it to builders now. NA got strict orders from SC for not approving any residences in NE and they can't approve any utilities even if builder makes apartment there.

Comment

TOI has full page news of Noida Extension Debacle in todays Newspaper. Its all Authorities and Govt blunder I would say.
          I would advice all investors in Noida extension to exit if they have the option to get refund. Things look really grim.
          Thanks

Comment

My Dad has investment in Mywood. Though management is saying there is no issues with the flats,I am not satisfied and confused what to do. I don't see good prospects of that area
            Thanks

Comment

Cookie Bhai,

Get your father's money easily if builder is giving. Too much headache and there are tons of other places in NCR for investment.

Comment

Originally posted by cookie View Post
                My Dad has investment in Mywood. Though management is saying there is no issues with the flats,I am not satisfied and confused what to do. I don't see good prospects of that area
                tough call. I think you should consult a lawyer and find out what does the supreme court judgement actually rule on. the headline maybe a quashed acquisition. but on what grounds. For e.g. Allahabad High court declined a petition where the farmers had taken the money. there was yet another ruling where the farmers had waited too long before filing petitions etc. another e.g. Jaypee properties are completely clear in YEA. Some ground work will do you good.

You shouldn't have to do it. But such is life.

Comment

Farmers too are cheated

I will not say it farmers greed but taking the land back has somehow tarnished their hope to get extra bucks. Out of court settlement would have been best. Now farmers will rue the fact that once againg they have been cheated by bloody politicians, authority and builders.
                  Is there any way by which the land be made fertile again?

Farmers win land, but its fertility lost - Indian Express

Concrete mixed with fertile top soil makes land useless for agriculture purpose

Farmers in Noida Extension may have won the legal battle of reclaiming their lands from builders and Greater Noida Authority, but the fact that the land is not areable anymore due to the presence of concrete has dampened the spirit of victory.

On the heels of the Supreme Court order to return the land acquired from farmers for real estate projects, Muntazir and Intessab of Shaberi village rushed to the site of Amrapali developers and started pulling out the iron bars used for construction. Midway through their plans to re-start farming, the two realised that the developers had dumped so much concrete that the land was not any more fit to sow a single seed.

“We are illiterate people and have grown up by knowing the art of tilling and sowing. Our families are glad that we have got our land back. But on reaching the site I realised that the land will no longer be fertile to grow vegetables or crops,” said a dejected Muntazir.

Comment

Originally posted by madgeek View Post
                    tough call. I think you should consult a lawyer and find out what does the supreme court judgement actually rule on. the headline maybe a quashed acquisition. but on what grounds. For e.g. Allahabad High court declined a petition where the farmers had taken the money. there was yet another ruling where the farmers had waited too long before filing petitions etc. another e.g. Jaypee properties are completely clear in YEA. Some ground work will do you good.

You shouldn't have to do it. But such is life.
                    I read in TOI yesterday that a senior official from GNIDA quoted that some formers from Gulistanpur went to Highcourt after Shahberi verdict and their plea was rejected saying that they have alreay accepted compensasation.
                    Do you have any idea about it and about the areas where compensation has been accepted.

Comment

even i heard that, and in haryana where land acquired for the nuclear power plant farmers have no choice except agitate and burn the effigy, since most of farmers have taken compensation to give their land for the plant.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X