Yes its confirmed....that Easyday (walmart,, india) has taken up 1.2 lakh sq.feet space in omaxe connaught place sector beta (near gnoida authority office) to open its largest hypermart in india within a year. Work is going on at decent pace.

Keeping in mind the gantry of Gnoida ( students and middle, upper middle class) this is sure shot winner.

Grand venezia work is going on at excellent pace and reported to have signed 150 brands by builder himself (no investor involved)...opening within a year.

This will be Great for Greater noida residents as well as societies on Noida expressway (due to easy approach and no traffic issues and even less distance)
It takes 10 mins to reach Pari chowk from sector 93.

Negatives: Ansal plaza mall which is showing some signs of recovery with nearly 40 brands operating in their mall will take a big Hit...also upcoming malls will have big problems as well...as Greater noida malls will cater to Gnoida, Noida expressway only....and not from delhi, ghaziabad like noida malls.

These 2 malls GV and OCP are going to be more than enough to cater to requirements of Gnoida, noida expressway residents for next many many years
Read more
47 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I hope WalMart brings its online shopping portal also.

One does not need to waste petrol to buy daily use items then. Why are Indian retail chains not going online.

Recently I bought a from an online portal and the price was the lowest and the delivery was prompt with payment by cash on delivery. If this is the future then why will one will go to atta market and bargain with local shopkeepers who will try to sell you a defective piece.
    CommentQuote
  • Even Big Bazaar has online shopping but in india such formats havents seen success...as in india customer care and quality control are far behind.....plus...locations of such hypermarts are not far away but very much in the city....see GIP, mahagun metro mall, ambience mall....they are not far from residential areas.

Indians are more family oriented and having a weekly family day out os common amongst MIG indians....visit hypermarts in noida, gurgaon and you will see from beta, saas, bahu, sasur, bacchey.....all enjoying....

The weather conditions are NOT adverse like in western countries

While a bachelor or a young woman, man is net savvy in india...not the older generation....

Most of the Indian hypermarts are doing business becoz of their discount formats...thats why people travel upto 10-12 kms to go to their sabse sasta hypermarket and get best deals...its a hands on experience with many last minute deals and offers....literally on daily basis...which is very diffcult to judge and decide upon Online...plus it will be a headache for stores to update them online also

While online shopping is picking up for Known brands with limited period offers....but for routine shopping....this will not be preferred in india...

Yes Free home delivery works big time with people who have bikes, scooters...gng to hypermarts...shopping...and then leaving them in store to be delievere free of cost within few kms to ur home...in 24 hrs
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amarakbar
    I hope WalMart brings its online shopping portal also.

One does not need to waste petrol to buy daily use items then. Why are Indian retail chains not going online.

Recently I bought a from an online portal and the price was the lowest and the delivery was prompt with payment by cash on delivery. If this is the future then why will one will go to atta market and bargain with local shopkeepers who will try to sell you a defective piece.

Onliine shopping has good future. Online shopping portal of Ezone | BigBazaar | Pantaloons is

FutureBazaar: Discover great deals in Laptops, Mobiles, Computers, Electronics, Home Fashion and Clothing

Till date from this Online Shopping Portal whenever I BUY I satisfied a lot.
    CommentQuote
  • I am happy something good is happening in Greater Noida. Things are picking up although slow but not stopped.
    CommentQuote
  • Aam aadmi,

I totally agree with you on Delhi1. 3c tried to do bring everything in this project at such a high price and that too in a small plot size of 12.5 acres. I could see four seasons hotel taking 1/2 of the space and the contract b/w the two company seems to have a complete delivery by 2015. So, if there is any delivery, then this is going to be the top priority of 3C in this project. Office space in this project doesn't even make sense to me and I will be surprised if they would be able to sell all the residential units till delivery. 3c sales agenda looks to be completely dependent on providing higher commission to brokers who go back and find some suckers. There are lot of people really stuck with their money in this project and nothing seems to be moving so far. Minimum office space of 1500sqft brings the price to be close to 2cr(all inclusive) and doesn't seem to be worth when ready to move-in office space are currently available at 60% of the price.

Originally Posted by aam aadmi
    DELHI 1.......One of the Best locations possible..the location is supreme..BUT it has its issues....a clear cut indictation that 3c failed to understand Noida market

Commercial shops in that project....then its a diff ball game all together...most of the shoppers want to park their car one place and have evrything under one roof....a clear cut example if the astounding success of ambience (which has flopped many malls in gurgaon) and GIP (which has impacted sector 18 and centerstage, etc).

With Mall of india coming across GIP..sector 18 will be supreme in terms of Retail footfalls....the only region which can offer some competition to it is the Noida city center area...its a huge land bank..open...and bang on metro station...if planned and developed in proper way it cud be a stiff competition

Commercial / Retails shops in Delhi 1....i feel will Not be successful

Residential in delhi 1...Rates too high, maintenance too high, very high ticket price...and even though delhi has too much money..but still indians are indians....at cheaper price one can get an excellenet property like unitech grande, jaypee golf facing units in noida...Delhi 1 can never compete with Openness and expansiveness + exclusivity (golf course below) of such projects.

For 5-8 crores one can get a Floor in Jor bagh area (NDMC) which is A grade property in whole of India

Residentail in Delhi 1....way ahead of its times..3c shud have actually waited for 5-6 years to launch this type of project in noida...they shud have waited jaypee and unitech to come up in resale prices....

Hotel Delhi 1...5 star hotel ....location is good...and may work...i write may....as it depends on who runs it.....Dont forget that one of the TOP locations in East delhi has one of the biggest Flop commercial area.
    Mayur vihar District commercial Belt...next to Mayur vihar phase 1 metro.....it has DND across the road...very expansive area....its in DELHI (not in Noida)...It has Metro just few metres.....it has seamless connectivity to South, Central, East and Old delhi...it has nearly hundreds of Uppermiddle class gantry living within walking diatnce.....and YET IT HAS FAILED...VERY BADLY.....its malls, hotel...all flopped....

So in commercial....its a lot about ONE stop solution....variety of shopping....Leasing.....which delhi 1 cannot compete with sector 18 or even upcoming city center noida.......

In my opinion Delhi 1 should have had a 5 star hotel...Only 1 floor of commercial retail shops dedicated to High End brands....and Flats ranging from 2000 to 5000 sq.feet...with entry price tag of 1.5 crores....
    It should NOT have office spaces...as that greatly effects the gantry in locality and parking woes....

Keep a high end product High end.......and dont make the mistake of competing with South Delhi in terms of brand value....to attract south delhi rich class...offer them much higher standards at cheaper price....

Bigger apprtment at same price funda doesnt work in delhi...as i said..one can get a Builder Floor unit in Jor Bagh at 5 crores....and Jor Bagh is Jor Bagh....no sector of noida, Gurgaon can match it..ever
    CommentQuote
  • Good thread. am happy to see the man back:)

Walmart seems to have chosen a wrong partner in omaxe which they will realise very soon.
    Delhi1 as of now seems to be under wraps but in 4 yrs it will become a milestone project. 3c has already collected the money for the project. they are now timing it with the market.
    Anyway, i am not sure where can we get a builder floor in Jorbagh for 5-6cr?
    CommentQuote
  • After a long gap, it is so nice to see our beloved Aam Aadmi is back.

Welcome back :bab (48):
    CommentQuote
  • aamo ke mosam me aaya "aam aadmi"....:D now dont get :bab (45):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra
    Good thread. am happy to see the man back:)

Walmart seems to have chosen a wrong partner in omaxe which they will realise very soon.
    Delhi1 as of now seems to be under wraps but in 4 yrs it will become a milestone project. 3c has already collected the money for the project. they are now timing it with the market.
    Anyway, i am not sure where can we get a builder floor in Jorbagh for 5-6cr?

Omaxe has a poor last 4 year...no doubt...and most certainly I wud have personally love to see this walmart in GV....as in my opinion...its always great to have a One complete mall....in true sense...

MM remember i told you long time back that many builders take advice of investors very seriously...if they have a good management.....and yes for a change Omaxe management did listen...and took weeks to understand the concept..closed the deal....and listened to a Non-investor in omaxe...:))

Delhi 1....if executed well will be top class...no doubt

And Yes approx 5 crores is what a friend paid for a second floor apprtment in Jor bagh...just walking distance from jor bagh metro station....Area is less though...but its Jor Bagh
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ondabhai
    After a long gap, it is so nice to see our beloved Aam Aadmi is back.

Welcome back :bab (48):

Sir....aam aadmi to aam hi hai....har jagah milega :))
    CommentQuote
  • Good to know that walmart will come up in GN and this may help GN crowd to stick to GN for shopping. Currently, my relatives travel to Delhi every weekend irrespective of Ansals plaza at pari chowk.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aam aadmi

MM remember i told you long time back that many builders take advice of investors very seriously...if they have a good management.....and yes for a change Omaxe management did listen...and took weeks to understand the concept..closed the deal....and listened to a Non-investor in omaxe...:))

Yup thats true. the investor / builder lobby is run like that and since u are aware of this, you know the difference.....

basically the 4-Bs of Real estate will never let it go out of bounds...Broker, Builder, Bank and Babu(politicos)
    CommentQuote
    Sir....aam aadmi to aam hi hai....har jagah milega :))

Yeh aam nahi - yeh toh aam ras hai - yeh mushkil se milta hai - lekin jab milta hai toh bhai wah !!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nishant2hit
    Good to know that walmart will come up in GN and this may help GN crowd to stick to GN for shopping. Currently, my relatives travel to Delhi every weekend irrespective of Ansals plaza at pari chowk.

Ansal plaza is one of the flop malls of NCR due to pathetic mall management and leasing. It will have more problems once GV is operational

I am 99 p.c sure ( as 100p.c guarantee kisi ki nahin) ki the crowning Glory of Commercial in Gnoida will be Grand Venezia IF....i repeat IF....they manage to rope in a good Hypermart equivalent to their size....
    Rest everything has been done amazingly well..simply too good....

OCP with its walmart deal will definately attract footfalls in walmart...cant say abt rest of mall....depends on leasing...

Big Bazaar and haldiram in MSX will have its own dedicated clientle...but rest of mall will not work....I have checked their leasing plans...nothing special...

Rest all commercias will have major footfall issues.

for local shopping....Jagat farm and Tughalpur are undisputed in Gnoida

How i wish there was only One Mall in Greater noida...either a GV or OCP....and rest only sector markets...wud have been good for investors.....anyhow...this is a fault in planning gnoida authority....

As for the residents....within 10-12 months they will have very good options in city

Har shahr ka time aata hai....i remember in year 2001...my friend used to travel all the way to karol bagh for shopping from gurgaon....within 3-4..saara maamla badal gaya....
    CommentQuote
    Har shahr ka time aata hai....i remember in year 2001...my friend used to travel all the way to karol bagh for shopping from gurgaon....within 3-4..saara maamla badal gaya....

Not agree on above 2-3 lines, Still all traditional DELHI Market has its own value. Still several public form all around the NCR comes specially for shopping in Traditional DELHI market areas like Lajpat nagar , Sarojni Nagar , Karol Baag , Delhi Haat...... But believe me however few Delhi person may visit few Gurgaon Mall for once or twice but will never go there for shopping purpose even once in 6 month/year. GN may excite at this time with new Malls but for other NCR cities shopping MALLS are opened like kukurmutte and public not crazy about them now. I live in GZB and just with in 8 KM of radius all around from my area there are more than 17 big malls either located in GZB or in Delhi (sahadra , kakarduma , luxmi nagar , mayur vihar......), and hence crazyness about MALLS has gone now and still traditional DELHI Markets has its own value as previous.
    CommentQuote