Collapse

Indias Largest Walmart opening in Greater Noida

Last updated: September 19 2012
47 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Indias Largest Walmart opening in Greater Noida

If one looks at Greater noida as a city....it was deliberately planned as low density residential area specially ctaering to middle and upper middle class gantry. The mall, shopping area running presently in the city were not leased after detailed study which just shows how dumb even big builders like ansal can or...or rather their management....as they say...paisa aa gaya par aqal nahin....omaxe most certainly has listened to someone who understands that market well and decided to open its mall with such a format...rather than opening with a reebok, nike or some useless store. I dont know about rest of the ml but footfall in Easyday (which is very well stocked and presented hypermart at good prices..with international feel) is 100 percent guarantee...rest of OCP...may or may not work.......

Same goes for GV....90 p.c of that mall has to cater to middle, upper middle class gantry.....if not...expect shops to close down.....

Comment

What is your opinion about Delhi1? I think it could be flop at these prices.

Noida/G Noida only have some re-sale activity in the safe projects. Other than that, new projects are getting very poor response. Seems like nothing would move till next year election.

Originally posted by aam aadmi View Post
      If one looks at Greater noida as a city....it was deliberately planned as low density residential area specially ctaering to middle and upper middle class gantry. The mall, shopping area running presently in the city were not leased after detailed study which just shows how dumb even big builders like ansal can or...or rather their management....as they say...paisa aa gaya par aqal nahin....omaxe most certainly has listened to someone who understands that market well and decided to open its mall with such a format...rather than opening with a reebok, nike or some useless store. I dont know about rest of the ml but footfall in Easyday (which is very well stocked and presented hypermart at good prices..with international feel) is 100 percent guarantee...rest of OCP...may or may not work.......

Same goes for GV....90 p.c of that mall has to cater to middle, upper middle class gantry.....if not...expect shops to close down.....

Comment

DELHI 1.......One of the Best locations possible..the location is supreme..BUT it has its issues....a clear cut indictation that 3c failed to understand Noida market

Commercial shops in that project....then its a diff ball game all together...most of the shoppers want to park their car one place and have evrything under one roof....a clear cut example if the astounding success of ambience (which has flopped many malls in gurgaon) and GIP (which has impacted sector 18 and centerstage, etc).

With Mall of india coming across GIP..sector 18 will be supreme in terms of Retail footfalls....the only region which can offer some competition to it is the Noida city center area...its a huge land bank..open...and bang on metro station...if planned and developed in proper way it cud be a stiff competition

Commercial / Retails shops in Delhi 1....i feel will Not be successful

Residential in delhi 1...Rates too high, maintenance too high, very high ticket price...and even though delhi has too much money..but still indians are indians....at cheaper price one can get an excellenet property like unitech grande, jaypee golf facing units in noida...Delhi 1 can never compete with Openness and expansiveness + exclusivity (golf course below) of such projects.

For 5-8 crores one can get a Floor in Jor bagh area (NDMC) which is A grade property in whole of India

Residentail in Delhi 1....way ahead of its times..3c shud have actually waited for 5-6 years to launch this type of project in noida...they shud have waited jaypee and unitech to come up in resale prices....

Hotel Delhi 1...5 star hotel ....location is good...and may work...i write may....as it depends on who runs it.....Dont forget that one of the TOP locations in East delhi has one of the biggest Flop commercial area.
        Mayur vihar District commercial Belt...next to Mayur vihar phase 1 metro.....it has DND across the road...very expansive area....its in DELHI (not in Noida)...It has Metro just few metres.....it has seamless connectivity to South, Central, East and Old delhi...it has nearly hundreds of Uppermiddle class gantry living within walking diatnce.....and YET IT HAS FAILED...VERY BADLY.....its malls, hotel...all flopped....

So in commercial....its a lot about ONE stop solution....variety of shopping....Leasing.....which delhi 1 cannot compete with sector 18 or even upcoming city center noida.......

In my opinion Delhi 1 should have had a 5 star hotel...Only 1 floor of commercial retail shops dedicated to High End brands....and Flats ranging from 2000 to 5000 sq.feet...with entry price tag of 1.5 crores....
        It should NOT have office spaces...as that greatly effects the gantry in locality and parking woes....

Keep a high end product High end.......and dont make the mistake of competing with South Delhi in terms of brand value....to attract south delhi rich class...offer them much higher standards at cheaper price....

Bigger apprtment at same price funda doesnt work in delhi...as i said..one can get a Builder Floor unit in Jor Bagh at 5 crores....and Jor Bagh is Jor Bagh....no sector of noida, Gurgaon can match it..ever

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunjabi View Post
          I agree in general that to have successful mall you need population living around that mall BUT the business model of walmart in the US is that they have most stores located outside the city limits and customers spend time/money to go to a walmart outside the main city. They may be trying the same tried and tested formula in India by locating their malls outside the main cities where rentals are cheap....
          See I will not comment on US business model but in India business model of any other country may not work as psychology of Indian Janta is completely different then other countries. Walmart has just started to open stores in NCR and I think Walmart will definitely open several stores in NCR (atleast 1 in every NCR city) with in next new years time to keep in mind of 25 Million public. Atleast for Walmart it will definitly face a huge competition from Big Bazaar, Reliance , More , Easy , Spencer. From others Walmart may take a gain but From BIG BAZZAR (isssse sasta kahi nahi) , Walmart will face tough competition. Let us see what will happen...

As for Indian public forget it that person from Delhi / GZB / Noida will go to GN after spending lots of patrol & Toll Tax for SHOPPING on weekly/monthly basis. Few persons will visit it just once and then will go never from 30 to 40+ more distance.

I simply let you know 1 my own case. I live in Shalimar Garden GZB from where BIG BAZAAR EDM (GZB) is 9 KM , BIG BAZAAR IP (GZB) is 10 KM and BIG BAZAAR Karkarduma (DELHI) is 6 KM. From last 2 years me & my wife mainly prefer to purchase weekly/fortnight basic from BIG BAZAAR Karkarduma (DELHI) as it is quite close from us & also CAR Parkting Charges of shopping mall is ZERO always anytime/anyday (good facility of shopping mall isn't it). US Market can not compare with Indian JANTA.
          Last edited July 3 2011, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aam aadmi View Post

Hotel Delhi 1...5 star hotel ....location is good.....

In my opinion Delhi 1 should have had a 5 star hotel...

Mayur Vihar has one 5 Star hotel (Hilton) , one other 7 Star hotel (Hilton) going to operational with in 6 months , and one 5 star suites. All of these location are only 2 KM far from AkasharDham Mandir. I think even in 5 Star Hotels OVERSUPPLY will hit badly.

Comment

Forget few people...NO ONE will go from delhi to GN for shopping......But if anyone understands Gnoida market....This Easyday / Walmart will NOT need footfalls from delhi to sustain itself.

There is not a single Large format hypermarket operating in Greater noida...and there is no plan in future also....Yes a Big bazaar will open in MSX mall but thats around 30k sq. Feet....GV has not disclosed its hypermarket plan...and i am certain it will not be of this size.

Wallmart is a world player and has resources which no one can match....u can visit easy day in mahagun metro mall in GZb and see the difference urself...not only prices are less...but quality, presentation and feel is much much better than other hypermarts operating in India.

Gnoida has a sizeable 2-3 lakhs MiG, Upper middle class gantry and not to forget the numerous societies coming up in noida expressway.

Thousands of flats will be ready in 137,168, 143, et sectors which are 10 mins from Gnoida...and for them noida sector 18 will be further...more traffic...expensive parking..etc....and many of them wud come to GV or Such Huge Hypermarts ...

Greater noida commercial will ONLY cater to greater noida residents and noida expressway societies from sector 137 onwards ...thats why having One GV and One such Huge hypermart is enough to cater the footfalls.

As far as i know...already this news has generated tremendous response amongst Gnoida residents..and one can expect excellent response....and with a brand like wallmart which is the biggest fish in hypermart business in the world...and a huge set up in a very decent location....i personally feel....no other hypermart in Gnoida will be able to compete with it

If OCP manages to open a 5-6 screen multiplex and a good food court in the same mall....its a sure shot success...and from what i know.....this is the exact plan

Comment

I hope WalMart brings its online shopping portal also.

One does not need to waste petrol to buy daily use items then. Why are Indian retail chains not going online.

Recently I bought a from an online portal and the price was the lowest and the delivery was prompt with payment by cash on delivery. If this is the future then why will one will go to atta market and bargain with local shopkeepers who will try to sell you a defective piece.

Comment

Even Big Bazaar has online shopping but in india such formats havents seen success...as in india customer care and quality control are far behind.....plus...locations of such hypermarts are not far away but very much in the city....see GIP, mahagun metro mall, ambience mall....they are not far from residential areas.

Indians are more family oriented and having a weekly family day out os common amongst MIG indians....visit hypermarts in noida, gurgaon and you will see from beta, saas, bahu, sasur, bacchey.....all enjoying....

The weather conditions are NOT adverse like in western countries

While a bachelor or a young woman, man is net savvy in india...not the older generation....

Most of the Indian hypermarts are doing business becoz of their discount formats...thats why people travel upto 10-12 kms to go to their sabse sasta hypermarket and get best deals...its a hands on experience with many last minute deals and offers....literally on daily basis...which is very diffcult to judge and decide upon Online...plus it will be a headache for stores to update them online also

While online shopping is picking up for Known brands with limited period offers....but for routine shopping....this will not be preferred in india...

Yes Free home delivery works big time with people who have bikes, scooters...gng to hypermarts...shopping...and then leaving them in store to be delievere free of cost within few kms to ur home...in 24 hrs

Comment

Originally posted by amarakbar View Post
                    I hope WalMart brings its online shopping portal also.

One does not need to waste petrol to buy daily use items then. Why are Indian retail chains not going online.

Recently I bought a from an online portal and the price was the lowest and the delivery was prompt with payment by cash on delivery. If this is the future then why will one will go to atta market and bargain with local shopkeepers who will try to sell you a defective piece.
                    Onliine shopping has good future. Online shopping portal of Ezone | BigBazaar | Pantaloons is

FutureBazaar: Discover great deals in Laptops, Mobiles, Computers, Electronics, Home Fashion and Clothing

Till date from this Online Shopping Portal whenever I BUY I satisfied a lot.

Comment

I am happy something good is happening in Greater Noida. Things are picking up although slow but not stopped.
                      Last edited July 3 2011, 11:16 AM.
                      Thanks

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X