Indias Largest Walmart opening in Greater Noida

Last updated: September 19 2012
47 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Indias Largest Walmart opening in Greater Noida

As per Wikipedia : Aam aadmi ka encyclopaedia

Gantry = A gantry (a.k.a. sign holder or road sign holder) is a traffic or advertsing assembly in which signs are mounted on an overhead support is supported.

Gentry = Gentry (origin French genterie, from gentil, "high-born, noble") denotes "well-born and well-bred people" of high social class, especially in the past

Comment

Originally posted by Magadh_Pride View Post
      Gantry = A gantry (a.k.a. sign holder or road sign holder) is a traffic or advertsing assembly in which signs are mounted on an overhead support is supported.

Gentry = Gentry (origin French genterie, from gentil, "high-born, noble") denotes "well-born and well-bred people" of high social class, especially in the past
      O Bhaiya Pride jee, You know what...........People are like you always eager to find even the small piece of S*** in the heap of thousands of grain. I feel pity on this. Koi banda chaand dikha raha hai aur tum bol rahey ho nahi yaar tumhari toh ungli tedhi hai
      Wikipedia sey utha kar copy paste kar diya tumney bhi, May b shayad tumhey khud bhi confirm nahi tha :-)

Comment

probably one of the largest amalgamation of commercial

With the kind of development/construction happenning in sector 18 noida ,i feel after 5 years its going to be probably the largest amalgamation of commercial/retail in ncr.I doubt any other future development of malls anywhere in Noida( city centre) or GN will ever be able to match it.

Existing hubs :-

a) GIP Mall
        b) Centrestage mall
        c) Sab mall
        d) Sector 18 market

Some of the projects under construction are as follows:-

1) GIP phase 2 GARDENS GALLERIA
        Total land area : 8.36 acres (approx)
        Total planned development : 5,71,000sq.ft.(approx)
        Retail/Entertainment/5 Star Hotel ( Marriott)

2) DLF- MALL OF INDIA
        6 specialty levels. 1.4 million sq. ft. of space. Over 430 retail outlets and five cinemas,over 140 restaurants and food joints, an entertainment zone, a supermarket, an amusement park and a three-level car park offering a whopping 2300 parking slots

3) WAVE-1
        Wave 1 is a mixed use commercial development with retail units (42,000 m2), five cinemas and 50,000 m2 of office space, with parking for 2500 vehicles. The development has two high rise towers, 37 and 40 storeys above ground level, plus an extended podium rising 16 storeys. The two towers joined at level 31 via a connecting bridge which extends for eight additional levels.
        All ground floor retail showrooms will open on road facing sector 18 market giving an entire zone a high street feel.

4) WAVE 11
        Total Area – Approx 30,000 sq meter.
        Area Bifurcated – Comprises of two towers, one is of 37 floor height approx and another is near about 47 floors high.
        Total SCO (Shop come Office) – Numbers of SCO will be approx 59.
        Total Car Parking – 3000 approx.
        Total Offices – It seems to have approx 1100 offices including both towers.

5) WAVE SILVER TOWER
        15 floors of office and retail space.

6) NOIDA AUTHORITY'S MULTI LEVEL PARKING
        Noida authority is planning to make automated multi-level parking for 5000 cars right opposite Hotel Raddisson. Earlrier this year tenders were floated for the same but no one bidded for it. Now authority has decided to go ahead with its plan and they themselves going to constuct this parking.

7) SECTOR 18 MAKEOVER
        It has been planned to make entire Sector 18 market a NO VEHICLE ZONE after this multi level parking is operational...turn the entire zone into a plaza and make walkways..parks...fountains etc and run golf carts all over the market.

Guys, your views on the above. Will all this turn this area into a major magnetic shopping/commercial hub ? Or will it turn this entire zone into a concrete jungle with infrastructure and traffic mess???

I feel a bit of both

Comment

Sabka Baap :
          Wave city center....
          As its developed from scratch...planning will be far better than sec.18

BPTP capital at expressway

Logix project at expressway

There are Top projects coming up....and its very good for the region......

Loss of profit is the builders problem....residents of Noida will have Top class commercials at their doorstep

Regd Walmart of Gnoida....work was slowly in progress....as the structure is nearly ready...its expected to be ready in 12-14 months

Grand venezia is also expected to be ready in 12 months.

Greater noida is an independant city and thus well managed commercials in that region will have their own clietele.

Noida expressway Projects will be BEST placed as far as commercials are concerned.....with 10 mins drive to Noida....and 10 mins drive to Gnoida....they can easily select where they want to go.

I definately dont want any mall, etc on expressway......small arcade, etc...Yes...but no mall.......This sector should be developed as the MNC hub of NCR and should have offices and hotels....

Then only its true potential will be used

Comment

I definately dont want any mall, etc on expressway......small arcade, etc...Yes...but no mall.......This sector should be developed as the MNC hub of NCR and should have offices and hotels....

I agree cent percent to the above

BUT i have my doubts on Wave city centre..it doesnt have the location advantage that sector 18 has. Moreover it will take a decade to take shape completely. People either coming from delhi or coming from expressway will prefer sector 18 rather than going 2 kms further inside the city.

Aam Admi ,so you arent bullish on all the future development taking shape in sector 18?

Comment

Wave city center project....is being developed completely by builder...and if UP election 12 doesnt put brakes on his project then it shud be having some development very fast.

What ever consumer needs nowadays is hassle free parking. Planning and maintenance.....all of which are lacking in sector 18....and NA plans of making sense out of the mess will not work for sure...as there are many ifs and buts.

In sector 18 for RETAIL...(not office) I am 110% sure that DLF will come out a winner....its location is good....no need to go in the sect 18 mess and its big enuf to basically have everything whats avaialble in any other mall.

If city center is well planned and executed on time....it could be a winner easily....With direct metro and flyover near amity, etc connectivity will be pretty ok...and NOT TO FORGET the HUGE DENSITY housings coming up in sector 7x and even Noida extension....They would love to go here rather than Sect 18

Delhi population is ever increasing and with no space for malls.....people will come to noida Thats guaranteed...

All in alll......i am very positive about DLF, GIP2, AND City center.....But NOT the sector 18 as its turning into a a Huge mess.

Muli level parkings will not solve any problem as people dont to park their cars in parking area and take a long walk to market for shopping.

Multi level parkings work best in malls..where u can conveniently take a lift and come to ur car....instead of exitting the market and walking 50-100 mtrs

Comment

Apna badappan dikha ke maaf karo, aap to acchi gantry ke log hain...

Originally posted by abhishek View Post
                O Bhaiya Pride jee, You know what...........People are like you always eager to find even the small piece of S*** in the heap of thousands of grain. I feel pity on this. Koi banda chaand dikha raha hai aur tum bol rahey ho nahi yaar tumhari toh ungli tedhi hai
                Wikipedia sey utha kar copy paste kar diya tumney bhi, May b shayad tumhey khud bhi confirm nahi tha :-)

Comment

truth of Walmart

Bharti Walmart

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                  Working...
                  X