With all due regards to the senior members on this forum, waiting for a year or a similar timeframe doesn't seem like a very good option if one is planning to buy in one of the apparently safe sectors.

The prices in these sectors are creeping up like anything. Eight months back, when I booked, Paras Seasons was priced at 2850 psf + other charges for eight floor. The going price this month is 3440. If I were to book a year down the line, I would lose on a lot of options. This seems to be the case for almost all projects in such areas.

Are we waiting for a perfectly safe time to invest in RE? Can there ever be such a time? Real Estate always involves a bit of calculated risk. The key is to do the groundwork and research thoroughly before reaching a decision.

That said, I think even the people who had invested in the doomed NE projects aren't likely to lose any of their capital as well, isn't it?

Further, even one year down the line, for the same budget ranges, customers will have to settle for projects with some hitch or the other.
Read more
63 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • It looks so, like after lots of disturbance in NE. Noida sectors builders are hiking rates and inventories are reducing... In Jab-feb you can get rate below 3K below 10th floors in 7X sector and now all are above 3K and higher floors.
    Not sure if this trend is false or true. Builders in proper Noida sectors are making money after NE incident. I think from end user perspective the buying is always need based and depends upon current and future scenario of funds when looking for under construction property.
    Investor can wait for safe time or oppurtunities.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by absentraveler
    With all due regards to the senior members on this forum, waiting for a year or a similar timeframe doesn't seem like a very good option if one is planning to buy in one of the apparently safe sectors.

The prices in these sectors are creeping up like anything. Eight months back, when I booked, Paras Seasons was priced at 2850 psf + other charges for eight floor. The going price this month is 3440. If I were to book a year down the line, I would lose on a lot of options. This seems to be the case for almost all projects in such areas.

Are we waiting for a perfectly safe time to invest in RE? Can there ever be such a time? Real Estate always involves a bit of calculated risk. The key is to do the groundwork and research thoroughly before reaching a decision.

That said, I think even the people who had invested in the doomed NE projects aren't likely to lose any of their capital as well, isn't it?

Further, even one year down the line, for the same budget ranges, customers will have to settle for projects with some hitch or the other.

ok then...dont wait...go on a buying spree
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by absentraveler

You are right. Under construction properties are cheaper (because there is a risk of non/delayed-delivery, time & opportunity cost of money). Waiting for a complete property means that all those risks are no longer present. The builder is free to charge whatever the market supports.

All the experts who will advise you to wait are not experts, but people unwilling to take the risk. Which is absolutely fine. Some people have that appetite, others don't.

From where they are currently, prices will go up (exceptions being the overpriced properties like North Eye). With inflation running at 8% the cost of materials would be rising at a similar rate. Cost of labour and services would also be rising.

In fact in a region like Noida where the level of activity is frenetic, issues of availability of labour, concrete, and other services also becomes a problem (and drives up prices).

All you can do, is some due diligence as to the antecedents of the developer etc. and have the belief that they will complete it in time.
    CommentQuote
  • Each and every individual are different, they have their own priorities, urgency, preferences, financial condition and requirements.

It depends on ready and under construction ... logic will be different.

If you look purely on financial term...apparently it may look buying NOW is the best option...... however, if you go in details of the financial engineering then buying ready to move makes better financial decision.... again depends upon how sophisticated investor you are.

Without going in details, the answer is, it depends on INDIVIDUAL. There can not be any catch all answer.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ondabhai

If you look purely on financial term...apparently it may look buying NOW is the best option...... however, if you go in details of the financial engineering then buying ready to move makes better financial decision.... again depends upon how sophisticated investor you are.

True. But there is a presumption that you have an avenue to invest that will retunr at the same rate at which the property is appreciating and that you will be able to set aside the money going towards interest payments/EMI and not blow it up on fast cars and fast women. ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by madgeek
    True. But there is a presumption that you have an avenue to invest that will retunr at the same rate at which the property is appreciating and that you will be able to set aside the money going towards interest payments/EMI and not blow it up on fast cars and fast women. ;)

Well said ...... as for me its really difficult to put aside money and save for some investment as big as property buying.....moreover investing in something giing return as much a property investment is another challenge ......:bab (39):
    CommentQuote
  • Nice one...:bab (59):

Originally Posted by madgeek
    fast cars and fast women. ;)
    CommentQuote

EMI gives you discipline otherwise you are not gonna put aside this money every month on the name of investment.

BTW I can understand fast cards, but what do you mean by fast women ;-)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Gagan Singh
    EMI gives you discipline otherwise you are not gonna put aside this money every month on the name of investment.

BTW I can understand fast cards, but what do you mean by fast women ;-)

gagan ----Fast women = Tez Aurat....

What we are talking of is based on our analysis of some past situation....Sen has not been able to breach the Jan 2008 mark...every 6 months it is predicted that it will cross 21000 but still......
    Buying a property is very easy but the problems arises when you have to sell it .....

Systematic investment in a good equity fund and periodically transfering an amount to MIPs once the target of 20-25% is achieved,can be beneficial in matching the property returns in times of confusion...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by loneranger
    gagan ----Fast women = Tez Aurat....

What we are talking of is based on our analysis of some past situation....Sen has not been able to breach the Jan 2008 mark...every 6 months it is predicted that it will cross 21000 but still......
    Buying a property is very easy but the problems arises when you have to sell it .....

Systematic investment in a good equity fund and periodically transfering an amount to MIPs once the target of 20-25% is achieved,can be beneficial in matching the property returns in times of confusion...

I think the discussion is more from the end user perspective, they would not like to sell it. But if they keep on waiting the prices would shoot. We all are saying prices are not increasing LB launched at 2600 is now 4000 in 1.5 Years, LP started at 2700 is now 3900 in resale.

I would say there is no thumb rule to it, but we should keep our eyes open and just not decide strictly that IT IS NOT THE TIME TO INVEST or IT IS TIME TO INVEST.

Go with a good reputed builder and have patience you will get the results.
    CommentQuote

Not always property price increase in short term (5 year time horizon), take example of NP/GN... that's why I said it depends on many factors.

Enduser and Investors are quite a different ball game...

as an end user, you need it now means you buy it now, you don't care too much about appreciation. Appreciation is something 'nice to have' feature for you.
    as an investor, appreciation is all you know, you see the opportunity and you seize it.... sometime you may wait like a vulture to spot the prey.

...... and leave those people aside who everyday thinks tomorrow will be a better day and miss today.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ondabhai
    Not always property price increase in short term (5 year time horizon), take example of NP/GN... that's why I said it depends on many factors.

Enduser and Investors are quite a different ball game...

as an end user, you need it now means you buy it now, you don't care too much about appreciation. Appreciation is something 'nice to have' feature for you.
    as an investor, appreciation is all you know, you see the opportunity and you seize it.... sometime you may wait like a vulture to spot the prey.

...... and leave those people aside who everyday thinks tomorrow will be a better day and miss today.

Main kuchh nahin jaanta...i want LB to go to 6500 till possession in 2013 (1st quarter)... :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by LChand
    Main kuchh nahin jaanta...i want LB to go to 6500 till possession in 2013 (1st quarter)... :)

you are wrong LChand Bhai 6500 is not the correct figure.

It will jump to 8000 till your possession. ;-)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Gagan Singh
    you are wrong LChand Bhai 6500 is not the correct figure.

It will jump to 8000 till your possession. ;-)

agar 8000 hua toh party jaroor doonga....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by LChand
    agar 8000 hua toh party jaroor doonga....

;-):bab (4)::bab (4):
    CommentQuote