With all due regards to the senior members on this forum, waiting for a year or a similar timeframe doesn't seem like a very good option if one is planning to buy in one of the apparently safe sectors.

The prices in these sectors are creeping up like anything. Eight months back, when I booked, Paras Seasons was priced at 2850 psf + other charges for eight floor. The going price this month is 3440. If I were to book a year down the line, I would lose on a lot of options. This seems to be the case for almost all projects in such areas.

Are we waiting for a perfectly safe time to invest in RE? Can there ever be such a time? Real Estate always involves a bit of calculated risk. The key is to do the groundwork and research thoroughly before reaching a decision.

That said, I think even the people who had invested in the doomed NE projects aren't likely to lose any of their capital as well, isn't it?

Further, even one year down the line, for the same budget ranges, customers will have to settle for projects with some hitch or the other.
Read more
63 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • 90L is the current price for 3bhks in many RTM societies in Noida. Almost all societies of sector 50 are 90L+
    CommentQuote
  • And when we say 90L it is 1935+ areas in LP. Aap Janta would buy around 1415 which is close to 60L.

Andbody buying 1935 can ofcourse buy it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Gagan Singh
    Aap Janta would buy around 1415 which is close to 60L.

I think you meant to say AAM janta.....
    main bhi aam janta mein aa gaya as mere paas 1415 wala hai.... :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Gagan Singh
    And when we say 90L it is 1935+ areas in LP. Aap Janta would buy around 1415 which is close to 60L.

Andbody buying 1935 can ofcourse buy it.

& moreover, just for everybody's information, it seems 1935/1955 are most in demand. 3C's opened Tower 19 at 4000 & today no unit is available for less than 4100-4200 in resale market. I check for open inventory directly from 3C's regularly as I want a 1935 sq ft. for my extended family & only one flat for the topmost floor is available & not sold yet.

I am awaiting launch of Tower 17 & Tower 18 & anticipating the 3C offer price to be in range of Rs 4250/- to Rs 4300/- approx.

I am stating the above to highlight that a flat costing Rs. 90 lacs is well within the range of aam aadmi today(husband & wife earning from 9-5 jobs). And, the location, 3C brand value & project time lines are too good to miss at even a higher rate as compared to other projects competing with it. At least I feel that if I can not make a 2000 sq ft property in current market scenario & this close to Delhi now, I won't ever get a chance again.
    CommentQuote
  • So we can not even imagine the money Indians have today. You bring anything to Indian market and it is sold.
    CommentQuote
  • India is full of black money. Business community (small or big) evades tax. Agriculture people are exempted from tax. So there is no way one can find about the money these catogories have. Even properties are bought in resale by showing lesser price on paper to hide black money and to avoid stamp duty. India is lawless nation. Indians are not law abiding citizens.
    CommentQuote
  • yupp, it seems like a very big game otherwise North eye selling at 10000 doesn't seem feasible.

Originally Posted by vireshsangwan
    There are lots of people (investors) who don't even look at the under construction properties. They are interested in RTM only.

Regarding the price... I think its a BIG game and middle class people (like me and most here on IREF) cannot understand that. There are properties which quote double the other property which is merely 500 meters away. There is no logic why North Eye was booking at 9900 (without discount) and still people going-in for that despite properties available at 2500-2700 at that time. My relative picked two. No idea why? He just says... its luxurious project and has amenities like helipad etc. I asked are you planning to buy a helicopter or your company(employer) is? He said... you cannot understand luxurious projects... people are of good gentry etc. etc. I asked.. do you think people of gentry who will own helicopter or use it for conveyance will be friend with you or even talk to you... he said rehne de... 5 saal baad baat karunga... I cut the topic in fear that he stops talking to me or take things otherwise.

I find no point in investing in <1000 sqft apartments there as all the amenities like pool/helipad are of no use to the person.

I myself have invested in VFM money project in Noida (Ridge Residency) and thats all that is of my interest there. I cannot invest in projects claiming more that 3K/sqft even if I have money.

--
    Thanks
    Viresh Sangwan
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by alokgarg
    doing this from my day one here. on my first day, chandra ji PMs me, urging me to cancel my booking in LP. who does that to a newbie. I was worried for 2-3 days, that maybe I have blundered and this bhala manush is trying to help me. but after reading other threads, I decided that there is nothing to worry as his predictions are never right.

Alok, you did not write complete post about my PM. Sometime I comment on few people posts when I feel that they might be in full influence of brokers. Because I made same mistake by buying in PAN Oasis by paying high price and it's just another simple project. Because my knowledge about RE was ZERO. A month back in same project people bought at 2925 All inclusive and I paid 3275/sqft that too without woodwork.

I lost 350/sqft because I was in influence of broker and a newbie.

I always advise new members who visit IREF and have not bought anything, be a member for a month, read posts on different projects then take informed decision. You might end up buying 25th floor flat at 4200/sqft but you know what you are buying.

I guess you booked something on 20th or 22nd floor in LP. And I told you consider other options on top floors as they were available for 2400-2500 all inclusive with builders like Mahagun/Prateek in April/may 2010.
    And was Rs. 1000/sqft below than 3C LP price.

April-May 2010 was the best period for buying property in NOIDA when prices were bottomed out.

Aim was to why to pay price for 20th 25th floor as 10th floor when resale market is not same for all and it's proven fact.
    Then me and Lee had healthy discussion on floor wise price.

Read all my post and I never write from builder side neither I promote my project where I book it.

Infact I suggest people to wait and buy latter as if prices escalate at a level when no point in buying under-construction or newly launched tower.

Objective of my previous post is to save few innocent buyers from buying in resale at 4200/sqft based on hype created by brokers.
    Just don't buy it will automatically come to right level. Because most of the flats in 3C projects owned by brokers and they have to sell it.

Ab jo log gaat laga ker baithe hai ke kab murga mele 4200/sft pay kerne wala and wo halal kare.. will always write "Ignore my post." I am not loosing anything only Murgaa will loose.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chandra2034
    Alok, you did not write complete post about my PM. Sometime I comment on few people posts when I feel that they might be in full influence of brokers. Because I made same mistake by buying in PAN Oasis by paying high price and it's just another simple project. Because my knowledge about RE was ZERO. A month back in same project people bought at 2925 All inclusive and I paid 3275/sqft that too without woodwork.

I lost 350/sqft because I was in influence of broker and a newbie.

I always advise new members who visit IREF and have not bought anything, be a member for a month, read posts on different projects then take informed decision. You might end up buying 25th floor flat at 4200/sqft but you know what you are buying.

I guess you booked something on 20th or 22nd floor in LP. And I told you consider other options on top floors as they were available for 2400-2500 all inclusive with builders like Mahagun/Prateek in April/may 2010.
    And was Rs. 1000/sqft below than 3C LP price.

April-May 2010 was the best period for buying property in NOIDA when prices were bottomed out.

Aim was to why to pay price for 20th 25th floor as 10th floor when resale market is not same for all and it's proven fact.
    Then me and Lee had healthy discussion on floor wise price.

Read all my post and I never write from builder side neither I promote my project where I book it.

Infact I suggest people to wait and buy latter as if prices escalate at a level when no point in buying under-construction or newly launched tower.

Objective of my previous post is to save few innocent buyers from buying in resale at 4200/sqft based on hype created by brokers.
    Just don't buy it will automatically come to right level. Because most of the flats in 3C projects owned by brokers and they have to sell it.

Ab jo log gaat laga ker baithe hai ke kab murga mele 4200/sft pay kerne wala and wo halal kare.. will always write "Ignore my post." I am not loosing anything only Murgaa will loose.

Got impressed with your good way of thinking and great thoughts. I also know several persons in NCR SOCIETIES who purchase their flats 4-7% higher price on same time then others due to BROKERS but after booking they can not do anything. I see that in few NCR areas buyers are in full influence of BROKERS and such buyers will realize it only after few years once societies will be hand over to buyers and all BROKERS goes off from there.
    CommentQuote
  • here is actual PM by chandra. just to establish some facts, i booked in LP in tower 25 at 3200 psf - 6% discount in july 2010. my booking is on 17th floor in a 27 floor building. I am posting this PM without further comments.

Mr Garg,

You have booked in one of finest project in NOIDA. But have paid too much for 17th floor flat. If you have taken park facing then what park you will see from 17th floor ?

Here is my advise :

1. I feel for 17th floor which should not be in much demand should have got better rate means old rate of 3000 and then 6% direct discount.

2. The rate you paid for this flat same rate might be available in resale in Ph-1 due to over supply in NOIDA which have delivery time of 24 months on agreement as mentioned by someone.

3. For your flat it might be 39 months from allotment + grace period. (Do not expect before 4 years)

So, If you are in NOIDA have ample time to explore :
    Cancel your booking. Look for resale in LB or LP Ph-1. It is ok to pay 100-200/sqft more for 8th or 10th floor flat which has possession date of 24 months rather than of 39 months.

Remember Mahagun sold their Sec 78 project at 2550 all inclusive for 17 th floor in April 2010. Mahagun have good reputation as 3C.

So, I would suggest you are paying too much. You total price might cross 3500+ with all other charges.

In Noida flat above 12th floor not in demand much and normally builder sell it at much lower price. There are lot more other good builder selling at 2600 all inclusive.

Well, I am not broker. Just like you a innocent buyer and have bought in PAN Oasis Sec 70 and Mahagun Sec 78 project.

Check a thread "At what rate you booked" in IREF.
    You will come to know price trend in NOIDA.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by alokgarg
    here is actual PM by chandra. just to establish some facts, i booked in LP in tower 25 at 3200 psf - 6% discount in july 2010. my booking is on 17th floor in a 27 floor building. I am posting this PM without further comments.

Good suggestions for a new buyer by Chandra. Very few persons are there who really think for others.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Chandra, its helpful..
    Originally Posted by saurabh2011
    Good suggestions for a new buyer by Chandra. Very few persons are there who really think for others.
    CommentQuote
  • Reading at the PM from Chandra, I feel he was just trying to help out Alok. I do not see any negative intents in the post.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, that was a fair suggestion by Chandra. After all, its the buyer's choice that matters and Alok has taken a good decision eventually.
    CommentQuote
  • Premium is not too high and not much difficult to manage in case of Noida. Direct deal with builder only provides you comfortless in the deal but if you have a chance to save some lakhs in resale then exploring that should be the first option.

Sensible advice...
    CommentQuote