Watch Zee news... HC has cancel 589 Hct land acquisition of Patwari village so 17 builder projects are now on verge of danger.
Read more
256 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • अधिग्रहण की जानकारी होगी सार्वजनिक

ग्रेटर नोएडा : हाई कोर्ट के आदेश के बाद ग्रेटर नोएडा अथॉरिटी पिछले 10 साल में अधिग्रहीत की गई जमीन की जानकारी सार्वजनिक करेगी। इसके लिए अथॉरिटी ने तैयारी शुरू कर दी है। अथॉरिटी के सीईओ रमा रमण ने अथॉरिटी अफसरांे के साथ मीटिंग करके सभी विभागों से ब्यौरा देने को कहा है।

सीईओ ने बताया कि हाई कोर्ट ने अपने आदेश में कहा है कि अथॉरिटी ने पिछले 10 साल में जितनी जमीन अधिग्रहण की गई है, उसका पूरा ब्यौरा सार्वजनिक किया जाए। लैंड डिपार्टमेंट से पूरा ब्यौरा जुटाया जा रहा है। इसे जल्द सार्वजनिक किया जाएगा। ब्यौरे को वेबसाइट, समाचार पत्रों के माध्यम से सार्वजनिक कराया जाएगा। इस दौरान कितने बिल्डरांे को जमीन अलॉट की गई, यह भी बताया जाएगा। हाई कोर्ट का आदेश मिलने के बाद अथॉरिटी प्रक्रिया पूरी करने में जुट गई है। इसके लिए अथॉरिटी के सभी विभागांे को अलर्ट कर दिया गया है। प्रॉपर्टी, लैंड और प्लानिंग विभाग से ब्यौरा जुटाकर सार्वजनिक करने को कहा गया है। इसके लिए अथॉरिटी मंे सभी रेकॉर्ड खंगाले जा रहे हैं।

-Navbharat times
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Authority is too fast :)
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • BMW/NA/GNA/Builders should be nominated for Noble prize as they are single handedlyresponsible for fighting the global slowdown by building 300000 flats though forgeting that UP is not just Noida.

Seeing the news who can say that govt officials are lazy.
    CommentQuote
  • NEFBWA has decided to hold a peaceful rally on Saturday, the 23rd July, 2011 starting from Gautam Buddha Statue, Noida Entry Gate. We shall give a memorandum to Chairman, GNIDA at Camp Office Sector 14-A demanding an immediate solution of the Noida Extension issue. The rally will terminate at Sector 18, Noida.

This is an opportunity available to us bring to the notice of the Authority our genuine grievances in the wake of the recent judgements of the Hon'ble Allahabad High Court on the issue of land acquisition in Noida Extension and to press for an early solution of the same. Therefore, all flat buyers are requested to please gather in full strength at Gautam Buddha Statue at 4:00 p.m. sharp on 23rd July, 2011.
    CommentQuote
  • Courts should instruct GNA to first deduct amount which is payable to customers before returning the cost of denotified land to the builders. It is the only way all the customers money can be returned safely.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by king_jsr
    Thanks DSinghca.

Reposting for the benefit of a larger audience. Hope this is not against Forum Rules.

Everyone, it seems, is talking about the plight of "poor" farmers; be it the court, the politicians (all of them) or the media and even the bystanders (common folk who have not invested in Noida Extension). But are they really poor?? Isn't everyone misinterpreting the term Farmer. Our rural population of "Farmers" can broadly be divided between two categories Landowners which at best constitute 5% of India's rural population and Landless Labourers which make up the rest. The petitioners in the NE case are Landowners and not Landless Labourers. Everyone speaking on this issue needs to differentiate between the two.

For the sake of argument, lets set aside all other parties directly or indirectly related to or involved in this dispute (GNIDA, Builders, Buyers, BMW, Govt, Courts, Politicians) and talk a bit about these "poor" farmers.

Lets take the case of Mr. F the "poor" farmer who owns about 50 Acres of land.

In India the average net profit per acre per crop cycle works out to around Rs. 20,000; so if Mr. F does 3 crops a year (as their lawyer has claimed in the court) he pockets a cool Rs. 30,00,000 every year as net profit. Lets be generous and give Mr F some relaxation, let us for the sake of argument give him a 50% discount and assume that he earns only Rs. 15,00,000 per year. Obviously Mr F, being a farmer, does not pay any taxes. Taxes which help the Govt provide water, electricity, healthcare, education, security, law and order, etc etc etc. (And let us also forget the quality of these services for the time being, as its a much wider subject with a much wider impact). He does not pay any property tax either nor any sales tax.

Taxes are to be paid by the salaried class, the traders, the businessman, etc. For heaven's sake even the members of armed forces pay Income Tax, they are exempted from tax only if they are getting Disability Pension; but not "poor" Mr. F.

And since Mr. F is so poor, he is provided loans at 'subsidized' rates. Loans which are written off by the political party in power as and when needed by the political party, depending on their analysis of the forthcoming elections. Mr F buys fertilizers at 'subsidized' rates. Even seeds are made available to him at 'subsidized' rates. The diesel which goes into his tracter and pumps and generators is also sold at 'subsidised' rates. Mr. F also gets electricity at 'subsidized' rates.

Mr F hires Landless Labourers to work on his land during harvest season at the rate of Rs. 60 to 75 per day. Agriculture being an unorganized/unregulated sector, Mr. F does not have to pay any wages to his workers during off season. Mr. F does not pay or provide any employment related social benefits like PF, Gratuity, ESI, etc to any of his workers which is mandatory for Businessmen/traders in the organised sector. When his workers fall sick, they go to Govt run hospitals and seek additional income to sustain themselves under Govt funded schemes like NREGA. Effectively all these social benefits for Mr. F are once again subsidized.

To summarise, "poor" Mr. F earns Rs. 15,00,000 per year on the back of a series of 'subsidies'. "Subsidies" which are funded at tax payers expense. Almost every buyer in NE belonged to this group of Tax Payers who had been working really hard all these years so that "poor" Mr. F could continue earning a six figure sum every month.

Now lets take the case of Mr. M belonging to the typical Middle Class, who earns Rs. 3,00,000 per year, pays all the taxes to fund the 'subsidies' provided to Mr. F. So far properties in NCR which used to cost anything upward of Rs. 40,00,000 were beyond his limit and he had to continue living in rented accomodations.

NE came as a surprise blessing for Mr. M and thousands of Middle Class house holds as it was at a cost ranging from 10 lacs to 25 lacs.

Now thanks to the Greed of Mr. F, the dream of Mr. M to own a house of his own has gone for a toss. Worse still is the fact that the down payments made by him till date are gone as well, at least for the next few months.

The question I want to ask is, has justice actually been served by the honorable Supreme Court and honorable High Court. The lawyer representing the Landowners (I wont use the term Farmer which would also include Landless Labourers) said 1600 families would be affected by the 20th July judgement of the Allahabad High Court. But he did not mention how many of these 1600 families are actual landowners and how many are landless labourers, because as far landless labourers are concerned their plight is worse than that of the Middle class. And these labourers had lost their livelihood the day GNIDA took over the land in these villages. This judgement will bring no relief or benefit to them. They will continue being treated just as a statistic; nothing more, nothing less.

The landowners on the other hand are the only ones who will benefit from this decision. Govt had bought their land for few hundred crore rupees and then invested few thousand crores on infrastructure to make the area fit for residential/commercial use. Lets not ignore the most basic fact, which is- the cost of this land has gone up from Rs. 850 per sq mtr to 12-14,000 sq mtr after the Govt spent or promised to spend few thousand crores of, Tax Payers money, on developing infrastructure in the region. Without basic infrastructure like roads, water, electricity, schools, hospitals, markets, etc who would pay 12000 per sq mtr for undeveloped agricultural land.

And now that the Govt has spent Tax Payers money on developing the infrastructure the Landowners want more money. And our Courts have generously agreed to their plea and denotified the land. Dreams, hopes, aspirations and most importantly money of thousands of Tax Payers has been put on the back-burners so that few hundred landowners were not happy with few hundred crores which was given to them 3-4 years ago and wanted few hundred crores extra.

Builders have been making money so far and they will continue making money. A loss in 1 or 2 projects will not affect them as they are simultaneous working on dozens. Plus they always set up separate limited liability companies for each project; worst case scenario they will file for liquidation of their SPV created for their project in NE. Their other projects will continue without any troubles.

As far as politicians are concerned they are interested in UP only till the Assembly Elections. Politicians as a whole will start focusing on 2014 General Elections by this time next year and UP will no longer be of any concern to them.

The Officials of GNIDA will, in a worst case scenario, get transferred.

Media will find some new hot story / scam to follow.

The Landless Labourers, who lost their livelihoods 3 years ago, and the Middle class which had invested in NE projects will lick their wounds, say a few cuss words and get on with their daily struggle for survival. They never had a voice and they never will. Their concerns or needs were never important and they never will be. They will continue living the same life of obscurity that they have been living so far, nothing has changed in 65 years and nothing will.

After all this is India. Chalta hai Yaar.

DISCLAIMER: I am neither a Property Dealer, nor an investor in NE nor represent anyone directly related to the NE dispute. These are just my personal views as a citizen of India.

your basic premise is completely flawed and very very exaggerated. Only 2-3 farmers would have more than 50 acres of land. Don't forget most of the farmers are lying in the bracket of < 20 Acres. Also, Every piece of land doesn't yield 3 crops in a year. The lawyer's representation never said that they yield 3 crops.
    And above all, the court is not supposed to decide interests. Its just plain right or wrong. The government was wrong, court is right. And investors were mistaken in not doing due diligence. I hope, next time you make a loss in stock markets, you are not going to ask compensation for the sake of larger audience.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amarakbar
    Courts should instruct GNA to first deduct amount which is payable to customers before returning the cost of denotified land to the builders. It is the only way all the customers money can be returned safely.

Hmm... So now you basically want the farmers to pay money to the flat owners.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashokyadav
    Hmmm.. Dear... almost all thought same way only...
    But rest assure.. everything gonna be well in the end..
    I spoke to a person employed to a NE builder... he said many farmers are talking to builders for money...

And more over... this is issue between farmers and authority i.e. govt.. ]
    So its their responsbility to clear the dust.. ppl didnt put money in chit fund scheme or any un-approved colony...

I think authority didnt get good lawyers.. otherwise they could have shown the court that only 15% of land is used for flats.. on rest will be parks.. schools.. etc..

They should have shown the master plan to court like what they are gonna do with the land...

Rest assured that this is not gonna end as you might think. NE is dead for 5 years. If the farmers ask more money, builders cannot pay them until they get more money from the investors. And, there are investors from US who have "invested" in 3 flats, What are they gonna do ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gaurav_sri
    Arey bhai saab..Had it not been the election year and U.P. and Rahul Baba not trying to win some brownie points..You would have been enjoying monsoons and India- England match this time of the year.
    Mujhe to pakka yaqeen hain ki HC aur SC k judges k notes se bhara suitcase pahunch chuka hain to deliver a judgement in favor of "POOR" kisaans.

This is how pathetic you can get, accusing SC judges - just because you lost in is as pathetic as it can get. If you had little commonsense, you would have been accusing the people who ate the money and were into it for last 2-3 years rather than accusing SC/HC - who are probably amongst few indian institutions of which we can be proud of.
    Don't lose your sanity and morals for few lacs of rupees.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by king_jsr
    Thanks, but I'm not a lawyer; however would be more than happy to offer any help possible.

I'm just another salaried person who has spent more than 3 years searching for a decent property within my budget. I did not go for NE as I wanted 'ready to move' property.

king_jsr, I didn't think you would get so much appreciation on your error filled story/argument. But, looks like quantity always win over quality.
    just two questions to you - 1. what is the function of Judiciary according to our constitution ?
    2. Do you own any piece of farming land or have you ever talked to a farmer in what goes into farming over a year?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashish18
    your basic premise is completely flawed and very very exaggerated. Only 2-3 farmers would have more than 50 acres of land. Don't forget most of the farmers are lying in the bracket of < 20 Acres. Also, Every piece of land doesn't yield 3 crops in a year. The lawyer's representation never said that they yield 3 crops.
    And above all, the court is not supposed to decide interests. Its just plain right or wrong. The government was wrong, court is right. And investors were mistaken in not doing due diligence. I hope, next time you make a loss in stock markets, you are not going to ask compensation for the sake of larger audience.

Only two or three farmers have more than 50 acres???? Read the following lines from a news article:

Rizwana, who has 500 acres of land in Noida Extension.
    Rangi Lal of Bisrakh village has 300 acres of land given to Paramount, Earth and Stellar developers.

here's the link to the news.
    Farmers win land, but its fertility lost - Express India

You are partially right when you say majority of Landowners have less than <20 acres land size. The real situation is a lot worse than that. According to this REPORT out of the total 116,000 Hectares of cultivable land in GB Nagar, more than 68% are less than 1 Hectare in size. And this report was prepared in 2001, since then I am sure this percentage would have increased.

I do not need to say anything about the kind of life these Marginal Farmers have been living. Just search on google and you will find a tonne of farmer suicide cases. These people would have actually benefited from development in the region.

As regards your comments on making losses in stock market. Well I have incurred losses in the stock market but I have never blamed anyone for that loss.

I hope I have made my points clear. Now if you can present some data to back your frivolous statements, I would be more than happy to engage you in a debate. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashish18
    king_jsr, I didn't think you would get so much appreciation on your error filled story/argument. But, looks like quantity always win over quality.
    just two questions to you - 1. what is the function of Judiciary according to our constitution ?
    2. Do you own any piece of farming land or have you ever talked to a farmer in what goes into farming over a year?

Please brush up your Economics you wouldn't be surprised anymore. If you can't understand quality, don't pass it off as quantity.

Now coming to your questions. I'll skip the first question as it is a much wider debate which is not possible in this forum. But let me state just one thing. Any court in India can give judgments only on pleas made before it. So far the plea of the buyers is yet to be heard by the court.

As regards your 2nd question, well here it goes:

I come from a family of an erstwhile Zamindar, my maternal grand father was a zamindar in the pre-independence period. When the land reforms were introduced during 50s and 60s my grand father gave up all the surplus land. Now most of my uncles live on the rental income generated from the properties they have in a "developed city".

Now that I have answered your questions, I have one question for you.

As per the UP Zamindari Abolition and Land Reform Act, the ceiling on land holding was fixed at 40 acres in UP. How come these land owners still have more than 300-500 acres of land in their possession???
    CommentQuote