Even the farmers who have got back their land due to HC and HC verdict know that they can not do any farming on construction land. The top soil must have been sold off by the builders long back. So, according to latest media reports farmers are ready to negotiate with Greater Noida Authority and all they seek is a better compensation.

Do you think this issue will be resolved soon , let's say in a month or 2 ?

Sources ( all are today's news reports ) :

Noida farmers don't want land back, prefer better compensation - The Economic Times

Greater Noida farmers bound to sell land back to builders : North: India Today

U-turn : Farmers say they can talk price with Authority - The Times of India
Read more
50 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dear all

There is a march again today at 2 pm, noida extension chowk. Please be there. Lets not leave a single stone unturned till 26th July.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • this matter is not going to solve soon as some people here are suggesting....now this has become a long battle farmers now demanding for unreasonable price...they know authority cant return their land in the original shape...authority has no option left as builders and buyers are blaming them..builder wont pay them more coz buyer is also reluctant to meet builders further hike and farmer not settle for less...this will continue for more years unless and until some miracle occur..without the intervention of political party this matter is not going to solve in near future...ab to latth ka jor he chalega
    CommentQuote
  • Look 1000 rs /sq meter pe acquire kiya aur 1000 rs /sq meter development pe kharch kiya. 12000 rs/sq meter pe builders ko becha. GNIDA has enough margin to double the compensation and still continue. They cannot pay 50% because they have to make money with which UP has to be run. Entire UP is a sinkhole with no revenues just farming (which is tax free). Noida and GN basically pay for more than 50% of the UP budget so they have to make money on these deals. But if development stops they wont be able to make the money anymore so they should just give the farmers more money and quite down the issue. BTW Builders are also making good money . They got for 12000 per sqare meter so 1200 per square feet. Now they are alllowed far of 2.5 so effectively 500 rs per sqare feet. Construction cost 750 rs/ sq feet so they have total cost of 1250 rs/sq feet and selling to end user at 2000 rs/sq feet. This means they have 60% profit. Assume that 20% is given in bribes to NA and behenji still 40% profit. So even the builders can reduce their profit to 20% and give 20% as extra compensation. But GNIDA is the right party for compensation. Maybe the builders can tell GNIDA fix this or next time no 20% bribe
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by reena123
    Be aware of this person:bab (45):

He is just misguiding us.:bab (45):

Before that he informed us about a program organized by Aaz Tak at Gol Chakkar NE at 7 PM. But it was a program which was organized by a so called farmer leader and a reporter of Aaz Tak. No invester was there.

The information was totally fake.

So do not take him seriously.:bab (45):

Not sure true or false ...
    if it is true then this is a great jump for the POOR and ILLITERATE FARMERS to spread their demands in online media!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pghosh79
    Look 1000 rs /sq meter pe acquire kiya aur 1000 rs /sq meter development pe kharch kiya. 12000 rs/sq meter pe builders ko becha. GNIDA has enough margin to double the compensation and still continue. They cannot pay 50% because they have to make money with which UP has to be run. Entire UP is a sinkhole with no revenues just farming (which is tax free). Noida and GN basically pay for more than 50% of the UP budget so they have to make money on these deals. But if development stops they wont be able to make the money anymore so they should just give the farmers more money and quite down the issue. BTW Builders are also making good money . They got for 12000 per sqare meter so 1200 per square feet. Now they are alllowed far of 2.5 so effectively 500 rs per sqare feet. Construction cost 750 rs/ sq feet so they have total cost of 1250 rs/sq feet and selling to end user at 2000 rs/sq feet. This means they have 60% profit. Assume that 20% is given in bribes to NA and behenji still 40% profit. So even the builders can reduce their profit to 20% and give 20% as extra compensation. But GNIDA is the right party for compensation. Maybe the builders can tell GNIDA fix this or next time no 20% bribe

Dear Mr. Ghosh, if only life was as simple as you say. There is no way either GNIDA or the builders can make the kind of profit you have projected.

Cost of developing agricultural land is far greater than 1000/- psq meter. For instance GNIDA had to set aside 50% of the acquired land for parks, roads, sewer system, electricity, etc. GNIDA can sell only the balance 50%, so before spending even a single penny, the cost of land doubles for GNIDA to 2000 per sq meter.

The cost of constructing a 4 lane road comes to anything between 5 to 10 crores per KM. The cost of construction a waster water treatment plant comes to around 25,000 to 30,000 per kilo liter.

No one pays GNIDA for all these services and it needs to pay for the cost of such services out of the revenue it earns from selling land to builders, rent from land given on lease, etc.

You can read the detailed budget of GNIDA at the following link: http://files.gnida.in/rti/latestbudget.pdf

Whatever profits they might be making on any project, it gets re-invested in GN. GNIDA is not a limited company which pays divindends.

You can always file an RTI to get more detailed info.

As regards Builders, no doubt they are making money in GN/NE/YEA projects, but they can not be making 40% profits. No body makes that kind of profit, except companies involved in talent based industries like music or cinema or sports.
    CommentQuote
  • Would like to add few more points.

In addition to lumpsum money paid to farmers, authority is also supposed to give a small percentage (I think it was 3% earlier and now has been revised to 6 or 7% of acquired land) of developed land. I am not sure what is the ground reality of returning giving developed land like which portion of land is returned or in which area developed land is returned.

The most important part that everybody is missing out is that authority has leased out land only on 5% premium. Builders are supposed to pay balance amount over next 10 years.

Another point that I am not sure whether it is according to new Acquisition policy or was already exisiting is that authority is also supposed to pay annunity for 33 years to farmers.

I am not trying to defend authority but calculation is not as simple as it suggests i.e. Authority acquiring land at Rs. 800 sq meter and selling it to builders at Rs. 12000 square meter and thus earning 15 times more profit.

If detailed calculation is done, then I dont think authority is left with huge surplus.

Originally Posted by king_jsr
    Dear Mr. Ghosh, if only life was as simple as you say. There is no way either GNIDA or the builders can make the kind of profit you have projected.

Cost of developing agricultural land is far greater than 1000/- psq meter. For instance GNIDA had to set aside 50% of the acquired land for parks, roads, sewer system, electricity, etc. GNIDA can sell only the balance 50%, so before spending even a single penny, the cost of land doubles for GNIDA to 2000 per sq meter.

The cost of constructing a 4 lane road comes to anything between 5 to 10 crores per KM. The cost of construction a waster water treatment plant comes to around 25,000 to 30,000 per kilo liter.

No one pays GNIDA for all these services and it needs to pay for the cost of such services out of the revenue it earns from selling land to builders, rent from land given on lease, etc.

You can read the detailed budget of GNIDA at the following link: http://files.gnida.in/rti/latestbudget.pdf

Whatever profits they might be making on any project, it gets re-invested in GN. GNIDA is not a limited company which pays divindends.

As regards Builders, no doubt they are making money in GN/NE/YEA projects, but they can not be making 40% profits. No body makes that kind of profit, except companies involved in talent based industries like music or cinema or sports.
    CommentQuote
  • Realy yaar, kabhi kabhi to bahut jyada gussa aata hain. Humne galti kya kardi, flat book karwa ke? There is no system at place. We are still living in a "Jungel Raaj" and then people say that India is becoming world power.

And developed countries like US are quite clever in befooling us when they make statement like.

"India must play major role globally"

"We need India in our fight against terror. India is our key alliance in fighting terror"

But the ground reality is that even in 21st century, key issues in election in Capital of country is road, electricity, water etc and in other parts of country, people still yearn for "Bhar pet khana". I still have to walk for 3 hours to reach my home town (though I have been there only twice). No doctor, no school in vicinity. Still, we are world power.

Gay rights are more important than a proper land acquisition policy.

Originally Posted by reena123
    We should enjoy this mess (mess in NE, Noida, GN, YEW and may be it will cover hole country) because only this fire can solve the problem of NE.

This mess is just a result of The Honorable HC/SC decisions.

Some day some one will claim a new compensation for his land which was acquired for parliament
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by stpdcomonman

Gay rights are more important than a proper land acquisition policy.

Good Post overall and most funny about Gay Rights ;-)
    CommentQuote
  • if this is the case....then what about EDC/ IDC's......and service tax that goes to autherity & Govt......does it directly get debited in BMW's account......

Rajeev

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dtw_Rajeev
    if this is the case....then what about EDC/ IDC's......and service tax that goes to autherity & Govt......does it directly get debited in BMW's account......

Rajeev

Rajeev,

I have already given the link to GNIDA's budget. This also includes actual figures for 2010. This contains a very detailed break-up of every rupees that GNIDA collects and every rupee that GNIDA spends. Go through the file and you will find your answer. If need details of any particular item, please use RTI.

And I am not saying that there is no corruption in GNIDA. In fact I am not in a position to comment either way.

In any case the money which is paid as bribe is never recorded anywhere.

I hope I have clarified.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by stpdcomonman
    Would like to add few more points.

In addition to lumpsum money paid to farmers, authority is also supposed to give a small percentage (I think it was 3% earlier and now has been revised to 6 or 7% of acquired land) of developed land. I am not sure what is the ground reality of returning giving developed land like which portion of land is returned or in which area developed land is returned.

The most important part that everybody is missing out is that authority has leased out land only on 5% premium. Builders are supposed to pay balance amount over next 10 years.

Another point that I am not sure whether it is according to new Acquisition policy or was already exisiting is that authority is also supposed to pay annunity for 33 years to farmers.

I am not trying to defend authority but calculation is not as simple as it suggests i.e. Authority acquiring land at Rs. 800 sq meter and selling it to builders at Rs. 12000 square meter and thus earning 15 times more profit.

If detailed calculation is done, then I dont think authority is left with huge surplus.

Thanks mate. Very well said.

And whatever surplus is left with the GNIDA, it is invested by GNIDA in the region. No one and I mean no one takes this surplus money.
    CommentQuote
  • IF NOIDA AUTHORITY AGREES TO PAY HIGHER COMPENSATION, WHO BEARS IT??

EVEN THE COURTS CANNOT QUASH ALL LAND ACQUISITION, WHATEVER BE THE REASON, AS WISHED BY FARMERS OTHERWISE CREDIBILITY OF COURTS WOULD BE AT STAKE.IN CASE COURT DECIDES THAT COMPENSATION SHOULD BE HIGHER IS IT NOT INCUMBENT UPON THE AUTHORITY TO BEAR THE DIFFERENCE GIVEN THAT THE EXHORBITANT RATE THEY HAVE SOLD TO THE BUILDERS WHO HAD IN TURN PASSED IT ON TO US????
    CommentQuote
  • THE SURPLUS WITH GN HAS TO BE CALCULATED PROPERLY AND AN OFF THE HAND CALCULATION WOULD NOT PRESENT A CLEAR PICTURE. NO DOUBT BECAUSE OF THE VERY THOUGHTFUL ANALYSIS ON THE PREVIOUS POST WE HAVE SOME IDEA ABOUT THE VARIOUS COMPONENTS OF COST OF LAND ACQUISITION AND DEVELOPMENT.

REGARDING 10 YEAR PERIOD ALLOWED FOR PAYING THE COST AMOUNT BY THE BUILDERS, I ASKED THE MARKETING PERSON AT AMRAPALI AS TO HOW THE BUILDER WOULD TRANSFER THE FLAT IN MY NAME ON COMPLETION SAY AFTER 3 YEARS IN CASE THEY THEMSELVES WOULD GET FULL POSSESSION AFTER 10 YEARS IN CASE 10 YEARS IS ALLOWED. HE TOLD ME THAT THE BUILDER HAS TO DEPOSIT THE COST WITHIN 10 YEARS THAT IS THE OUTER LIMIT. SINCE BUILDER RECEIVES THE AMOUNT BY THE TIME HE COMPLETESTHE PROJECT FROM THE FLAT BUYERS HE DEPOSITS THE ENTIRE AMOUNT TO GET LAND DEED IN HIS NAME. IF SO THE AUTHORITY WOULD BE HAVING THE AUCTIONED AMOUNT WITHIN SAY 3-4 YEARS DEPENDING UPON COMPLETION AND NOT DURING 10 YEARS IN INSTALEMENTS.
    CommentQuote
  • Now,Haryana farmers cry foul over land acquisition

From yesterday's TOI. Rahul Baba has disturbed a Hornets Nest. Now farmers in every city/state will wake up and start asking for more compensation.

Now,Haryana farmers cry foul over land acquisition

Tanushree Roy Chowdhury | TNN

Mewat (Haryana): Farmers from nine villagers of Mewat have been sitting on a demonstration to protest against the low compensation paid for 1,600 acres of land acquired for developing an Industrial Model Township in the district last year.
    The villagers were paid a paltry sum of Rs 16 lakh per acre despite the area being adjacent to the severely delayed Kundali-Manesar-Palwal Expressway and the Gurgaon-Alwar state highway.
    According to farmers,when the state had transferred approximately 40 per cent of the compensation amount,it brought in a change in the acquisition policy to divide the state into various zones and thereby fix rates accordingly.However,villagers said that the neighbouring village of Jakhopur has been given a compensation of Rs 55 lakh an acre,simply because it lies in Sohna in Gurgaon district.
    The villagers also alleged that the acquired land was fertile and that cultivation is their only source of livelihood.The government should not only raise our compensation slabs but also ensure that one member from each family be given a job in the industries that will be setup in the area, said 70-year-old Noor Nissar,an elderly from Kheri Sur village.
    The acquisition has affected close to 4,000 families residing in these villages,namely Kheri Kankker,Rojka Meo,Mehrola,Badhela,Dherdhoka,Bahadri,Rupa Heri,Rewasan and Kanwar Sikka.The land was acquired by HSIIDC in mid-2010 for its developmental projects.
    Neither the MP not the MLA has bothered to pay any heed to our plight.The deputy commissioner of Mewat also by-passes us while crossing this stretch, said Sarpanch Ramzan Khan,Rojka Meo village,who had 15 acres of land acquired by the state.
    CommentQuote
  • poore india mein sirf khetti hogi...i think farmers have taken the "Go Green" concept very serioulsy.

I hope ShahJahan didn't aquire the land under emergency clause odrwise court may order to demolish TaJMahal :bab (59):

From yesterday's TOI. Rahul Baba has disturbed a Hornets Nest. Now farmers in every city/state will wake up and start asking for more compensation.

Now,Haryana farmers cry foul over land acquisition

Tanushree Roy Chowdhury | TNN

Mewat (Haryana): Farmers from nine villagers of Mewat have been sitting on a demonstration to protest against the low compensation paid for 1,600 acres of land acquired for developing an Industrial Model Township in the district last year.
    The villagers were paid a paltry sum of Rs 16 lakh per acre despite the area being adjacent to the severely delayed Kundali-Manesar-Palwal Expressway and the Gurgaon-Alwar state highway.
    According to farmers,when the state had transferred approximately 40 per cent of the compensation amount,it brought in a change in the acquisition policy to divide the state into various zones and thereby fix rates accordingly.However,villagers said that the neighbouring village of Jakhopur has been given a compensation of Rs 55 lakh an acre,simply because it lies in Sohna in Gurgaon district.
    The villagers also alleged that the acquired land was fertile and that cultivation is their only source of livelihood.The government should not only raise our compensation slabs but also ensure that one member from each family be given a job in the industries that will be setup in the area, said 70-year-old Noor Nissar,an elderly from Kheri Sur village.
    The acquisition has affected close to 4,000 families residing in these villages,namely Kheri Kankker,Rojka Meo,Mehrola,Badhela,Dherdhoka,Bahadri,Rupa Heri,Rewasan and Kanwar Sikka.The land was acquired by HSIIDC in mid-2010 for its developmental projects.
    Neither the MP not the MLA has bothered to pay any heed to our plight.The deputy commissioner of Mewat also by-passes us while crossing this stretch, said Sarpanch Ramzan Khan,Rojka Meo village,who had 15 acres of land acquired by the state.
    CommentQuote