What are your views on this situation? Is this real INJUSTICE to the farmers or just their Greed.

The timings is very correct for farmers, Elections next year, support from Congress, Under Construction projects after excavation land can not be back to the original fertile state.
Read more
Reply
31 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • this is just farmers GREED...........nothing else.......they have wasted all their money in luxurious cars.....so now they want more........even though still farmers have more money than the buyers......and when court&congress r supporting them blindly nothing can be done .........we have to wait and watch...
    CommentQuote
  • Main issue with NA...first of all they should not allotted land to builders when legal case is already filed in HC.builders also enjoyed with authority to hide real facts to investors and now everybody struck badly except Govt( they got whatever they required)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by prashant1980
    this is just farmers GREED...........nothing else.......they have wasted all their money in luxurious cars.....so now they want more........even though still farmers have more money than the buyers......and when court&congress r supporting them blindly nothing can be done .........we have to wait and watch...


    Do we think they got the enough compensation? does anybody has that details ?
    CommentQuote
  • Several members say that farmers of NE are too much greedy, as I am also a IT professional and several of my friends have invested in NE hence I also more inspired by this line "farmers of NE are too much greedy" but still sometimes I also think the other way,

    If farmers are more greedy to sell their own land at good market price which was taken by the authority under emergency clause forcefully without their willing then what about us, are we was also not greedy to purchase a 2 BHK flat near Noida in 15 Lac so that it appreciated soon to 30+ Lac. Now finally it will be seen that whose greedy-ness will be full filled. But if we see both side of coin that if someone is greedy to sell his goodies now at higher price which was forcefully stolen , then other person is greedy to buy others stolen goodies at lower price (at least half price then current adjacent market). My this comment is only for NE Investors (not END USERs) and not for Noida sectors.

    Farmers are also greedy but some facts, Farmers do not sell their land 2 years before in NE it was forcefully captured in Emergency Clause (Hatiyaye gaye thi) at throwaway prices by authority without their consent, if farmers of NE sell their land with their own consent (like did in RNE, directly to builder at 5-10K PSY) then I must say that if such issue appears in future then only , only & only farmers was responsible. cases was pending in court from last 2 years and several dharna pradarshan also done by farmers of NE during last 2 years, please find old news papers (I can also do if any member need such news).

    Simply answer me. If anybody stolen the 5 Tola (50 Gram) GOLD Bangles of your wife 4 years before and police got find the thief now after 4 years then which options you will prefer by theif 1. Take GOLD Bangles Back , 2. Take GOLD price of 5 Tola as per 4 years old GOLD rate (60K) , 3. Take GOLD price of 5 Tola as per today GOLD rate (110 K). Now in place of yourself & thief you can put FARMERS & AUTHORITY.
    CommentQuote
  • of course they got enough compensation.....and many of them have started their own construction business in several areas of greater noida and indirapuram if we talk about PATWADI...80% of them already had their compensation and now they r in no mood to return that.....so we r in great trouble...as i own 2 flats in gaur city...i just want the flats i dont want money which i had already given 1 year ago.....we(buyers+builders) should come together to face this situation
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by saurabh2011
    Several members say that farmers of NE are too much greedy, as I am also a IT professional and several of my friends have invested in NE hence I also more inspired by this line "farmers of NE are too much greedy" but still sometimes I also think the other way,

    If farmers are more greedy to sell their own land at good market price which was taken by the authority under emergency clause forcefully without their willing then what about us, are we was also not greedy to purchase a 2 BHK flat near Noida in 15 Lac so that it appreciated soon to 30+ Lac. Now finally it will be seen that whose greedy-ness will be full filled. But if we see both side of coin that if someone is greedy to sell his goodies now at higher price which was forcefully stolen , then other person is greedy to buy others stolen goodies at lower price (at least half price then current adjacent market). My this comment is only for NE Investors (not END USERs) and not for Noida sectors.

    Farmers are also greedy but some facts, Farmers do not sell their land 2 years before in NE it was forcefully captured in Emergency Clause (Hatiyaye gaye thi) at throwaway prices by authority without their consent, if farmers of NE sell their land with their own consent (like did in RNE, directly to builder at 5-10K PSY) then I must say that if such issue appears in future then only , only & only farmers was responsible. cases was pending in court from last 2 years and several dharna pradarshan also done by farmers of NE during last 2 years, please find old news papers (I can also do if any member need such news).

    Simply answer me. If anybody stolen the 5 Tola (50 Gram) GOLD Bangles of your wife 4 years before and police got find the thief now after 4 years then which options you will prefer by theif 1. Take GOLD Bangles Back , 2. Take GOLD price of 5 Tola as per 4 years old GOLD rate (60K) , 3. Take GOLD price of 5 Tola as per today GOLD rate (110 K). Now in place of yourself & thief you can put FARMERS & AUTHORITY.


    I agree and consent with your views. There are many forces at play here. Farmers want more money... and then more... and more. GREED! Authority wants to acquire at lowest possible rate and sell to builders. There is a lot of OTHER money involved, which is never spoken about. GREED! Builders want to make maximum profit too. They take money in advance and delay construction. If buyer delays, they charge interest and if they delay... no interest is paid back. GREED!

    Basically, there is no one trade that is not greedy. The problem is not with Supreme Court’s judgement alone... problems are everywhere. Also, had the apex court given a green signal to the Authority without any check and balance... the practice of imposing Section 17(a) would have become even more rampant and no authority would have taken a longer route... every authority would have always acquired land under Section 17(a).

    My take is... the apex court, while recognizing that the process followed by the authority was faulty... should have penalized the authority by enhancing compensation multiple fold. So far the farmers at Noida Extension were paid maximum of Rs. 800 per sq. mt.... Supreme Court should have asked the Authority to pay a total of Rs. 8,800 (Rs. 800 compensation and Rs. 8,000 as penalty) to the farmers... penalizing the authority by 10 times the compensation rate. THAT... I believe would have set a good example for all government bodies, state and center, against misusing section 17(a)... yet safeguarding the interest of all other parties involved... namely, farmers, builders and buyers.
    CommentQuote
  • Farmers were paid 400 per sq meter for a land that was later sold at 8000 per sq meter in white and 7000 sq per meter over that in colored money to builders by Gr. Noida authority. Farmers didn't want their land to be sold, at-least at that rate.
    Also the abadi plot they were later promised were not given to them even after 3-4 years.

    As a owner of land if it happens to anyone, he is bound to protest. First bulldoze a farmers home & fields, don't give him compensation, ask him to collect 1 lakh per 3-4 acre and then call him liar and greedy.

    If courts protects their interests, call courts un-intelligent.

    Why interests of home owners interest were not safe-guarded -"as they were not party to the case". And courts was not hearing their point of view.

    a. Farmers Case was that the acquisition was illegal. Courts said yes.
    b. Gr. Noida Authority to prevent courts from favoring farmers, Said that millions of homes r coming up and they could be affected. Courts said then u conniving thieves should compensate them but the acquisition is being declared illegal, null and void.

    Now home owners r affected, they should definitely move court and launch a case of compensation - no one is stopping them. That is a different case from farmers interests all-together. Isn't it?

    Why do farmers & investors or end users be called greedy or bad. We all are trying to survive and earn food for our families & create better future for our kids. Are we not? should compensate them but the acquisition is being declared illegal, null and void.

    Now home owners r affected, they should definitely move court and launch a case of compensation - no one is stopping them. That is a different case from farmers interests all-together. Isn't it?

    Why do farmers & investors or end users be called greedy or bad. We all are trying to survive and earn food for our families & create better future for our kids. Are we not?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jankit
    Farmers were paid 400 per sq meter for a land that was later sold at 8000 per sq meter in white and 7000 sq per meter over that in colored money to builders by Gr. Noida authority. Farmers didn't want their land to be sold, at-least at that rate.
    Also the abadi plot they were later promised were not given to them even after 3-4 years.

    As a owner of land if it happens to anyone, he is bound to protest. First bulldoze a farmers home & fields, don't give him compensation, ask him to collect 1 lakh per 3-4 acre and then call him liar and greedy.

    If courts protects their interests, call courts un-intelligent.

    Why interests of home owners interest were not safe-guarded -"as they were not party to the case". And courts was not hearing their point of view.

    a. Farmers Case was that the acquisition was illegal. Courts said yes.
    b. Gr. Noida Authority to prevent courts from favoring farmers, Said that millions of homes r coming up and they could be affected. Courts said then u conniving thieves should compensate them but the acquisition is being declared illegal, null and void.

    Now home owners r affected, they should definitely move court and launch a case of compensation - no one is stopping them. That is a different case from farmers interests all-together. Isn't it?

    Why do farmers & investors or end users be called greedy or bad. We all are trying to survive and earn food for our families & create better future for our kids. Are we not?

    Must say, greatly written. close to reality.

    Sometime I wonder why lawyers of farmers are winning every case, are they more qualified & get paid higher then Builder/Authority Lawyers. Who is paying Farmers highly qualified lawyers ????

    Must say, greatly written. close to reality.

    Sometime I wonder why lawyers of farmers are winning every case, are they more qualified & get paid higher then Builder/Authority Lawyers. Who is paying Farmers highly qualified lawyers ????

    Must say, greatly written. close to reality.

    Sometime I wonder why lawyers of farmers are winning every case, are they more qualified & get paid higher then Builder/Authority Lawyers. Who is paying Farmers highly qualified lawyers ????

    Must say, greatly written. close to reality.

    Sometime I wonder why lawyers of farmers are winning every case, are they more qualified & get paid higher then Builder/Authority Lawyers. Who is paying Farmers highly qualified lawyers ????
    CommentQuote
  • Sometime I wonder why lawyers of farmers are winning every case, are they more qualified & get paid higher then Builder/Authority Lawyers. Who is paying Farmers highly qualified lawyers ????


    Who says India's farmers r poor? No sir who called them poor or uneducated? That's like Americans thinking Indian live on tree-tops & are snake charmers.

    Now why are they winning, as their case is crystal tight and there has been gross injustice, which even Gr. Noida Authority & Buiders are not declining.
    All Gr. Noida Authority means to be saying in all these debates is > this is how we have been acquiring land. This time be just became little too greedy & thought farmers wont protest & because Supreme Court doesn't have a corrupt chief judge like K. G. Balakrishnan. :P.
    On serious note the Supreme Court has off-late under H'able 'S. H. Kapadia' been active in tackling curruption and has given very strong judgments against states and center. That is why it is hurting everyone. As a change always hurts!
    CommentQuote
  • Consumers should ask the Courts to instruct GNA to first deduct amount which is payable to customers before returning the cost of denotified land to the builders.

    It is the only way all the customers money can be returned safely.

    Courts have also understood that builders have got this land in connivance with GNA without any auction and FAR of this land was also increased to help the builders.
    CommentQuote
  • Only 10% of land cost has been paid by builders. Land cost is usually around 20-30% that means only 3% of project cost is with authority. Buyers have typically paid from 30%-50%. There is not enough money with authority to compensate all buyers.
    CommentQuote
  • If land cost is only 3% of project cost then builders must be sitting with huge pile of cash and earning good interest.

    This must be the reason why every one turned to be a builder in NE.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amarakbar
    If land cost is only 3% of project cost then builders must be sitting with huge pile of cash and earning good interest.

    This must be the reason why every one turned to be a builder in NE.


    Builders won't be sitting on large pile of cash because a large portion of the construction cost goes in basement and foundation construction.
    CommentQuote
  • I am not a civil engg but I think that major cost goes into finishing of flats. Civil cost can easily be worked out by a qualified civil engg.

    Plus the amount of interest income this advance is generating also needs to be taken into account considering 10% compounded return.
    CommentQuote
  • What about 5% land in abadi? was that promised to them at the time of acquisition or is this a new demand ?
    CommentQuote