HC said
Authority & Farmers if want can compromise & agree on it.
Read more
53 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Again, what can Buyers and Builders do in this, who are at the receiving end without any fault of theirs ??
    CommentQuote
  • Deadline

Originally Posted by Totaram
    HC said
    Authority & Farmers if want can compromise & agree on it.

Both aprty has to agree by 12 August otherwise on 17th August larger bench will hear the case.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Totaram
    Both aprty has to agree by 12 August otherwise on 17th August larger bench will hear the case.

Court has given time to the Farmers and the authority to negotiate and settle the matter out of court. This is the best decision, as farmers dont want their land back, but want extra compensation. Authority also does not want to give land back to farmers. So courts have given them sufficient time to settle the matter. So it is an opportunity given to both Authority and Farmers. By todays decision, court has indicated that not necessarily the decision will go in favour of farmers. So court has conveyed that as of now it is NEUTRAL, ON THE MATTER. This will put insecurity in the minds of farmers, whether the decision will go in their favour or not????. So they will try to negotiate with the authority at the earliest.

Opinins invited.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Kaashvi
    Court has given time to the Farmers and the authority to negotiate and settle the matter out of court. This is the best decision, as farmers dont want their land back, but want extra compensation. Authority also does not want to give land back to farmers. So courts have given them sufficient time to settle the matter. So it is an opportunity given to both Authority and Farmers. By todays decision, court has indicated that not necessarily the decision will go in favour of farmers. So court has conveyed that as of now it is NEUTRAL, ON THE MATTER. This will put insecurity in the minds of farmers, whether the decision will go in their favour or not????. So they will try to negotiate with the authority at the earliest.

Opinins invited.

Fully agree with you.This is the right step.However if Authority and Farmers do not reach an agreement by 12th,Court should consider Builders and Buyers also as affected party.
    CommentQuote
  • I think something like peace rallying like the one done last week really raises lots of attanetions ..

Also this peace rally ppl should raise voice against cong. Party and say that they will not vote to them as the whole mess is boosted & created by them only ...

Originally Posted by tyagi80
    Fully agree with you.This is the right step.However if Authority and Farmers do not reach an agreement by 12th,Court should consider Builders and Buyers also as affected party.
    CommentQuote
  • Not sure if NA is in any mood for an agreement. Buyer association must put pressure on them for coming to an agreement with the farmers.

Noida CEO rules out hike in compensation

NOIDA: With farmers on warpath over greater compensation for their acquired land, Noida ChairmanBalwinder Kumar on Tuesday said it was "practically not possible" to meet the key demand.

"There is no possibility of increase in compensation for land which has already been taken. If authority gives the hike to one village then the others too will demand. There will be no acceptable cut off date for such a hike. This is practically not possible," Kumar said after meeting farmers in Shahdra village at Sector 41.

He, however, assured them that he will convey their demand to the state government.

"If the state government hikes the compensation from back date, we will implement the order," he said.

Giving in to demands of agitating farmers whose land has been acquired,Noida Authority had yesterday promised to give them five per cent of the developed plots from next week and regularise 'abadi' or populated sections.

Continuing his drive to pacify Noida villagers, Kumar, who was accompanied by Deputy CEO N P Singh, assured the farmers that there would be prompt grievance redressal.

The farmers raised the 'abadi' land issue and told Kumar that several villagers were booked by Authority for encroachment though it was their 'abadi' land. Kumar told them such cases would be withdrawn.

He promised to provide them allotment letter for 5 per cent developed land in the next 10 days.

From Shahdara, Kumar went to Wajidpur village in Sector 135, where similar demands were raised by the farmers.

"We want written assurance and not verbal. Tomorrow this officer will be transferred and the new officer will claim he does not know what he had promised," said Hari Singh, a farmer.

Realty projects in Noida Extension which comes under theGreater Noida Industrial Development Authority, including in Shahberi and Patwari villages, have come to a halt after the Allahabad High Court quashedland acquisition there.

The Authority is now facing a flood of litigation from farmers against land acquisition.
    CommentQuote
  • Noida CEO is quite right infact..
    if they entertain one village.. other will also stand up.. There is no end of such things..

let them file cases in HC.. lets see if court entertain 8 yrs back acquisitions..
    CommentQuote
  • I am not too hopeful of a compromise between authority and farmers.
    It is difficult to bring all farmers from all villages on same page. Whatever may be offered by NOIDA, there is bound to be dissenting voices amongst the farmers.

High court is hoping that there will be some agreement and it will not need to pass a verdict, given the complexities involved.

In my opinion either of the parties or both the parties will move Supreme court after H.C delivers its verdict.

The flat buyers seem most un organised as of now, and may end up paying a heavy price.
    CommentQuote
  • I was tired of hearing negative news. Finally something to cheer about. I hoped for something like this. Now the ball is in authority, builder, buyer and farmer court. the issue is as follows-
    -Farmers are not united. some want land back, some want money, some are politically motivated.
    -Buyers are also not fully united, though most of them want house, some of the investors are probably opting to exit.
    -Authority and Govt are not seeing eye to eye, for obvious reasons.
    -Builders are the only ones who seem to be on the same page.

Lets wait and watch. According to me some compromise could happen.
    CommentQuote
  • Farmers would have NO END to their demand ..

High Court should give the verdict with Solution rather Chaos .. HC should ask all data from NA, Farmers, builders, Buyers and should tell how much incresed compensation should be provide to Farmers ....

Originally Posted by ashokyadav
    Noida CEO is quite right infact..
    if they entertain one village.. other will also stand up.. There is no end of such things..

let them file cases in HC.. lets see if court entertain 8 yrs back acquisitions..
    CommentQuote
  • I DONOT UNDERSTAND THE LOGIC OF COURT OF FIRST QUASHING THE ACQUISITION AND THEN ON ANOTHER DAY ASKING THE AUTHORITY TO NEGOTIATE AND SETTLE THE DISPUTE. THEY COULD VERY WELL ASKED THE AUTHORITY TO NEGOTIATE IN THE FIRST PLACE AS IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE JUDGES DIDNOT KNOW OF THE IMPLICATIONS. NOW THEY WANT A LARGER BENCH TO HEAR THE SAME AND AT THE SAME TIME THIS ISSUE IS TO BE SETTLED OUT OF COURT BY THAT TIME.

THE PANIC AND DESPAIR IN THE MINDS OF FLAT BUYERS HAS BEEN CREATED BY COURTS ONLY.
    CommentQuote
  • Agreed all these chaos. This is complex matter and Judgement should have been earlier by a Single Judge rather a large Panel.
    Judge refer the Land as Farmer's 'Mother' which eventually Farmers want to sell at heigher price ... don't Forger a Judge only ... issue a warrent even against APJ Abdul Kalam also for just Rs 25000.
    Hope now a larger panal of Judges wud provide fair solution ...

Originally Posted by rpanand25
    I DONOT UNDERSTAND THE LOGIC OF COURT OF FIRST QUASHING THE ACQUISITION AND THEN ON ANOTHER DAY ASKING THE AUTHORITY TO NEGOTIATE AND SETTLE THE DISPUTE. THEY COULD VERY WELL ASKED THE AUTHORITY TO NEGOTIATE IN THE FIRST PLACE AS IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE JUDGES DIDNOT KNOW OF THE IMPLICATIONS. NOW THEY WANT A LARGER BENCH TO HEAR THE SAME AND AT THE SAME TIME THIS ISSUE IS TO BE SETTLED OUT OF COURT BY THAT TIME.

THE PANIC AND DESPAIR IN THE MINDS OF FLAT BUYERS HAS BEEN CREATED BY COURTS ONLY.
    CommentQuote
  • yes, farmers will surely negotiate with authority to end this matter, lets hope for the best
    CommentQuote
  • Noida enigma:Builders, flat buyers hopeful of solution soon

Noida enigma:Builders, flat buyers hopeful of solution soon - Indian Express
    CommentQuote
  • Authority must reach agreement

In my view authority should reach an agreement with some villages & then move to other villages. Let them settle with a village where farmers are willing to negotiate.
    I have seen many villager who has taken compensation are saying we will not return compensation in case of return the land. Authority can make Kararnama with these type of villages, which must be binding so that there arevsome relief.
    At stake is billions of rupees. Ultimately what the farmers will get with the land only. Compromise is also in their best interest.
    Authority & builders both should realise that Noida extension is not going to be huge profit fetching venture. They will be thankfull even when they have 10-15% profit. Sooner the agreement better for all. Otherwise loss, loss & loss to every one.
    Yesterday night i was watching NDTV debate anchored by Ravish, Dushyant Nagar, farmer leader was saying Builders has paid 10,000 Rs rate in crossing republic but why not u r paying such rate in noida extension. My reply is only 20 % land in noida extension is getting for residential so u can aspire 10,000 Rs rate for these 20% area. But how can u expect that rate when schooll, hospital, road, park, greenery etc are constucted. Other area is for industries where every state is providing land on tocken rate so that people get job, government get tax & so on.

Is the provision of all the public service in crossing republic or anywhere in India like in Noida. I think no. In crossing republic, builders has just constructed Building so they have paid 10,000 Rs. No park etc.Right.
    Noida is exceptional place, where there is no free hold land. Its act say no one can have private land (except villages i think). This is the problem. Let the State & central government change the law & allow private builder in noida to directly purchase land from farmers as free hold land.
    CommentQuote