Hi All,

This is my first post on this forum. I have been reading through this forum since last 1-2 months and found this forum very informative specially posts by AverageJoe, AamAadmi and many others.

I am looking for RTM option in greater noida and my budget is approx 50 lacs(including white + black).

I have been to greater noida myself 3-4 times in past 2-3 weeks and have seen sites myself and with dealers as well.

I saw the apartments like NRI city, Unitech and many more in Chi-pi. Also, I came to know about independent house/villa options in alpha, beta and gamma sectors.

I can get a nice 3BHK in my budget as also mentioned by AverageJoe in his post. Also, I can get 70sqmtr villa, 2.5 floor built, corner, around 5yrs old, nice construction quality with land rights in the same budget or even lesser very easily.

Sectors(for ex. Chi-pi) which are considered/advised as good for apartments are very low in terms of occupancy as compared to very high occupancy levels in A or B or G sectors.

These sectors have markets as well for daily needs and the prices are same in Beta II sector as well which houses the Omaxe CP.

My main point is, what is in apartments that no one is talking about Independent villa options in A or B or G sectors(or maybe I missed 1-2 forums in the heap of forums for apartments).

Experts please guide me if there is some catch or I am missing something here. I am planning to buy one within this year and may be I finalize one before Diwali itself.
Read more
14 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Villa has no doubt its own elegance provided it is built up on more than 200 sqy this depends person to person but I always prefer Apartment mainly because of security reasons and secondary Budget and Maintenance.
    Originally Posted by prashant.b
    Hi All,

This is my first post on this forum. I have been reading through this forum since last 1-2 months and found this forum very informative specially posts by AverageJoe, AamAadmi and many others.

I am looking for RTM option in greater noida and my budget is approx 50 lacs(including white + black).

I have been to greater noida myself 3-4 times in past 2-3 weeks and have seen sites myself and with dealers as well.

I saw the apartments like NRI city, Unitech and many more in Chi-pi. Also, I came to know about independent house/villa options in alpha, beta and gamma sectors.

I can get a nice 3BHK in my budget as also mentioned by AverageJoe in his post. Also, I can get 70sqmtr villa, 2.5 floor built, corner, around 5yrs old, nice construction quality with land rights in the same budget or even lesser very easily.

Sectors(for ex. Chi-pi) which are considered/advised as good for apartments are very low in terms of occupancy as compared to very high occupancy levels in A or B or G sectors.

These sectors have markets as well for daily needs and the prices are same in Beta II sector as well which houses the Omaxe CP.

My main point is, what is in apartments that no one is talking about Independent villa options in A or B or G sectors(or maybe I missed 1-2 forums in the heap of forums for apartments).

Experts please guide me if there is some catch or I am missing something here. I am planning to buy one within this year and may be I finalize one before Diwali itself.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cookie
    Villa has no doubt its own elegance provided it is built up on more than 200 sqy
    Villa of this size will be outta my budget. Options are available in Paramount Golf foreste, but its under construction and will take atleast one year for possession.

this depends person to person but I always prefer Apartment mainly because of security reasons
    i have talked to the neighborhood in A,B and G sectors. Security is not an issue (atleast till now). Chaiwalas there also looked positive on this aspect.

and secondary Budget and Maintenance.
    not a major differentiator as per my opinion

By saying villa, I does not meant something luxurious, I meant independent home. I am talking about 60,70,120 sqmtr options in GN.
    CommentQuote
  • Safety/Security Concerns, Power backup and others that's why I selected Apartment over Villa.

Originally Posted by prashant.b
    Hi All,

CommentQuote
  • If you want to buy your own land...and want best gantry...then stick to Nri city and Jaypee

All the goverment sectors have local people......theya re mostly ex villagers who bought or got these plots after the govt. acquired there plots.

If you have no issues with that....then its ur call
    CommentQuote
  • See here

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/noida-real-estate/18228-apartment-or-independent-house-it-is-an-endless-debate?t=20426

Bottomline is, it entirely depends on your priorities. To some security is the KEY, to some future expansion scope is the KEY and to some less interference is important and to some community life is important.

Define your OWN priorities and accordingly decide. There is absolutely no right or wrong answer.
    CommentQuote
  • Independent houses in XU-III

In case of you want a big independent house (120 sq.mtr) in this budget you can consider in XU-III (new construction with class infra.). I own a park facing 120 sq.mtr house in XU-III (authority cost Rs.40.6 lac). It will still take 2-3 more years to live in. Unfortunately my budget is just short and consequently I want to sell it and want to buy 90 sq. mtr independent house in same location. rgds,
    CommentQuote
  • Prashant,
    I am exactly in the same situation as you. Seeking a house in GNOIDA in 50 lac budget. But the rates in GNOIDA belied my expectations. They are far higher than what I thought. E.g. 200m plot in Alpha or Beta sectors quoted at 70+ Lac !!
    Still I liked Omicron built-up houses which are relatively cheaper but people are suggesting to stay away from them as they are very far off. So, I am still in quandary.
    CommentQuote
  • Another thing is that broker nexus is very very strong in GNOIDA. Every 2nd person in GNOIDA is a broker and you'll rarely get to speak to real owner of a house.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AverageJoe
    Safety/Security Concerns, Power backup and others that's why I selected Apartment over Villa.

As already mentioned, Security n Safety is good in these sectors as well. Power backup can be purchased(UPS with batteries).

Originally Posted by aam aadmi
    All the goverment sectors have local people......theya re mostly ex villagers who bought or got these plots after the govt. acquired there plots.

If you have no issues with that....then its ur call

if we get proper papers then I don't think there can be any issue. Also, the neighborhood is good in those areas. People are not villagers but are working in MNCs or businessman.

gbhai
    yeah, but the independence you have in independent house is unbeatable like you can rent out a floor or add a floor if permissible.

MSBagri
    I have already seen your thread and posts in different threads. I have been there as well. But I need RTM with good neighborhood. Omicron and nearby areas are not livable for coming 2-3 years.

jaijai
    You can get a 60-70sq mtr land with 2.5 floor built up in your budget. My budget is same so can give you some pointers if you are really interested.
    Its good to have a broker in these kind of deals as most of us(atleast me) are not fully aware of paper work required for the process. Broker makes this task hassle free. But, do not blindly believe any broker(even if they are your relatives- its my opinion). Do a ground check of the land rates and construction cost idea as per construction quality. Do you calculations properly and estimate the cost of the house. Brokers will always quote a minimum of 5lac margin in seller's rate. So Beware!!

I have not came across any major point of concern in purchasing an independent house apart from security. I am putting up on rent in Indirapuram (HRC Apartments) right now and know the security realms that most of the apartments follow. If there is any kind of sticker on your vehicle(of same color as of original society parking sticker) then the vehicle can seamlessly enter/exit your apartment. Any paddler can enter the premises if he is well dressed. So I do not feel secure even in apartments(may vary from person to person).

Please share if senior members has any more concerns in their mind.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by prashant.b
    As already mentioned, Security n Safety is good in these sectors as well. Power backup can be purchased(UPS with batteries).

gbhai
    yeah, but the independence you have in independent house is unbeatable like you can rent out a floor or add a floor if permissible.

Prashantbhai, you should look at security when no one is staying at home or when your aged parents or wife and kids are alone or you are stuck at some marriage ..

Again, this might be a major issue to someone and may be just a small matter to someone. Personally I know, my aged parents are much more happy and free in apartment .. can stay away from home more than 6 months without any major worries (except small items like bills/letters, pension, etc.).
    CommentQuote
  • Prashant,
    We can sync up and share our leads. However, I am going on vacation next week. If you feel comfortable, give me ur email id so that I can get in touch with you once I am back from vacation.
    CommentQuote
  • 50 L is good budget for 120 meter house
    u can get single storey in alpha,beta,delta

or u can get 120 meter house around 40 lac in 36/37
    CommentQuote
  • I was facing same kind of question almost 1 and half year back when I decided to stay in G.Noida for long term (I am an end user). Plots always seems very attractive and there are certainly some advantages (your own land, build 2/3 floors/ do whatever you want, no big maintenance cheques every month etc) but for me the biggest consideration is always security. I agree to that it can be compromised in Apartments too but probability is very less compare to vacant house/villa for few days.
    Another point in buying is the construction cost (if its a completion or bare plot). Now a days constructing 2+ floors can cost quite a lot, if looking for good construction with all iron cover from back/front, good wood work so any one going for plots must consider his construction budget too.
    Last and most important thing, buy what makes you happy and if its all well thought decision. Every one has their own preferences and perspective. I tried to share my own. Best of luck.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gbhai
    Prashantbhai, you should look at security when no one is staying at home or when your aged parents or wife and kids are alone or you are stuck at some marriage ..

that's a valid point. that's why i am calling in my parents after dussehra.

Originally Posted by rajesh_vsworx
    If you feel comfortable, give me ur email id so that I can get in touch with you once I am back from vacation.

I am planning to visit GN again on weekend next to dussehra,i.e..17-18Oct.

Originally Posted by rajesh_vsworx
    50 L is good budget for 120 meter house
    u can get single storey in alpha,beta,delta

can you please share some pointers/leads if you have any?

Originally Posted by ver_amit
    Another point in buying is the construction cost (if its a completion or bare plot). Now a days constructing 2+ floors can cost quite a lot, if looking for good construction with all iron cover from back/front, good wood work so any one going for plots must consider his construction budget too.

That's why I am looking for house with 2-2.5 floors built up. Spending 2-3L in upgrading/replacing some things is normal. Its like getting wood-work done in your newly bought apartments.

Last and most important thing, buy what makes you happy and if its all well thought decision. Every one has their own preferences and perspective. I tried to share my own. Best of luck.

Thanks n same to you dear :)

I have shortlisted some properties and will get my parents see the location themselves. Let them take the final decision :bab (42):

Thanks to all of you for your valuable suggestions. All suggestions were sound enough to confuse me even more

Will share any other pointer if I came across while house hunting. :bab (6):

I have shortlisted some properties and will get my parents see the location themselves. Let them take the final decision :bab (42):

Thanks to all of you for your valuable suggestions. All suggestions were sound enough to confuse me even more

CommentQuote