Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will NE residential projects be safer to live?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Will NE residential projects be safer to live?

Last updated: November 21 2011
23 | Posts
2701 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will NE residential projects be safer to live?

Foundations of most of the NE projects are already laid and buildings erected to some floors. now when NE issue will be resolved,say after 2-6 months, desperate builders will increase number of floors to make up for their loss.so they will increase height of buildings but they cannot change foundation of these buildings. basic thing which we all know is that strength of a building depends on its foundation,also design will remain unchanged according to earlier planned height. NCR falls in seismic zone 4,which is high level of being earthquake prone. so will these buildings be safe enough to live now?

Re : Will NE residential projects be safer to live?

Statistically, earth can be hit by another planet or object any time as all of them has different orbits and criss-cross multiple times.

Statistically, a human can die in a road accident in India is more than rail crash and lesser than air crash.

Statistically, more Indian dies due to food poisoning related issue than Bird Flue.

So is statistically NE falls under zone 4 and I can die in a earth quake.

Live today. Plan for tomorrow but don't worry too much for tomorrow ... tomorrow may never come in your life.

Comment

Tomorrow may never come.

Well said, Haronda Bhai.

Har Ghadi Badal Raha Hai Roop Zindagi
      Chaav Hai Kahhi Hai Dhoop Zidnagi
      Har Pal Yahan Jee Bhar Jiyo
      Jo Hai Sama Kal Ho Na Ho

Cheers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravi_Kant View Post
        Tomorrow may never come.

Well said, Haronda Bhai.

Har Ghadi Badal Raha Hai Roop Zindagi
        Chaav Hai Kahhi Hai Dhoop Zidnagi
        Har Pal Yahan Jee Bhar Jiyo
        Jo Hai Sama Kal Ho Na Ho

Cheers!!!
        Ravibhai, aap to sentu ho gaye ho

Comment

1.Nearly all "Govt certifying authorties" are ON SALE...

2.DEFINATELY a Building whose foundation has been laid for 15 storeys as per initial plans SHOULDNT be increased to 20-22 Storeys

But keeping in mind POINT NO.1
          anything is possible

Comment

If anyone spend a day in any construction site will observe many and many mistakes done by those untrained and most importantly non responsible workers. Their supervisors are unable to monitor all the times and this things happen all the day.

Interestingly, inspection by authority happens, money change hands and all things are PASSED!!

This is not only in RE, same goes for everything in India, including the cars on road.

If you see some of the buses in rural part, if you see their tyres, brakes ... it's amazing that we are having so few accidents.

Take it easy!!

Comment

The issue is when you are paying 20-80 lakhs of your hard earned money...some will even pay EMIs for good 20 years of their lives......and above all the whole family lives in it 24 hrs a day....people get more jittery

Keeping above in mind.....

A building whose foundation has been laid...Floors in it shouldnt be increased so much....just to make use of FAR

It plain WRONG....

If that happens...i suggest resale and move on....

Comment

Originally posted by aam aadmi View Post
                The issue is when you are paying 20-80 lakhs of your hard earned money...some will even pay EMIs for good 20 years of their lives......and above all the whole family lives in it 24 hrs a day....people get more jittery

Keeping above in mind.....

A building whose foundation has been laid...Floors in it shouldnt be increased so much....just to make use of FAR

It plain WRONG....

If that happens...i suggest resale and move on....
                it is actually authority's responsibility to ensure that buildings be constructed according to best of safety norms,just to ensure builders profit FAR canot be increased arbitrarily for buildings foundation of which has already been laid,safety of individuals is far more important than builder's profit.FAR should be increased for buildings yet to be constructed.

Comment

This is a serious issues and saying that one can die any moment doesn't fit so why bother doesn't fit.
                  My experience:
                  I had given token (Rs 1000 ) to purchase a flat but it was a high rise and no builder was telling me about earthquake resistance of the building.

Well i let go my token and decided not to buy an apartment if i'm not satisfy with safety. No builder /project has given me that sense of safety till now. hence now i'm looking for an independent house.

Comment

Jaibhai, when it is question of your life then it is undoubtedly SERIOUS.

However, there is a difference between prudent and phobia.

Only a very few can tell about strength of a building by just seeing the foundation. The foundation of a 16 floor and 20 floor building does not LOOK too different on naked eyes.

So no one can guarantee you that your building is indeed made for NN number of floors.

It's ultimately comes down to builders with quality track record.

To be a bit comfortable, look at the stats of building collapses ... not too many.

Go for a reputed builder and think less

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X