No doubt Greater Noida is one of the most emerging cities and happening cities in NCR. Although it has a good infrastructure, yet basic facilities such as transport, power, schooling, medical facilities are still at basic level or in some cases non existant, particularly in terms of shortage of power!!!. However given the fact that over the coming years once the major IT sector and other developments in commercial property area, are in place, its bound to improve the vacinity and hence will bring the feel good factor for residents of Greater Noida.

Based upon the development seen in Noida over the last three years, although they have managed to develop lots of residential properties yet most of them are still lying unoccupied and hence makes me wonder if this growth will sustain such an expensive price to pay to live at Noida.

Every one feels positive about investing at Greater Noida with a potential growth to follow in future, but the question is how many years??
Read more
15 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • How long one will have to stay invested at Greater Noida to see Growth in Real Estate

Hi, it shall take 2 to 3 years more, till Metro comes to Greater Noida.
    CommentQuote
  • too optimistic Dude, it will take 5 years at least to make any money in Greater Noida
    CommentQuote
  • The amount of Land still availaible in Noida is probably 2 times the size of Greater Noida...... even 20 years is being optimistic
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with Vishal - 20 year returns will be fantastic.

Once Yamuna expressway is built, over next 15 years whole area will become well developed.

Definitely a very long term play. Worth it only if buying a really big estate worth crores with black money.
    CommentQuote
  • yeah before investing in greater noida .. i wud suggest plan for having kids if u dont have already .. the property will only be useful to ur kids !! hehehe
    CommentQuote
  • I personally stay in greater noida last 3 years & can say that this city is less for investing & more for real residents who wish to live in a green pollution free environment & have their own transportation.

Public transportation is developing but at a slow pace, you can call auto to your doorstep you just need their numbers which is easy if you are frequent traveling they keep in touch with you else taxi hire services are available in abundance.

Even in 20 years next this place is not going to be like delhi or noida bcoz the way it is developed & the GN authority is quite strict.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rinku
    I personally stay in greater noida last 3 years & can say that this city is less for investing & more for real residents who wish to live in a green pollution free environment & have their own transportation.

Public transportation is developing but at a slow pace, you can call auto to your doorstep you just need their numbers which is easy if you are frequent traveling they keep in touch with you else taxi hire services are available in abundance.

Even in 20 years next this place is not going to be like delhi or noida bcoz the way it is developed & the GN authority is quite strict.

Rinku,

You are correct in your justification but till date Gnida has been kept under wraps due to Noida. Gnida is a favored destination of CM of UP. Real growth will come once new sectors of Noida get overpriced in 5yrs and Gnida will become less strict:)

Real life example-I used to drop my son to a play school in sector 50, 5 years back. Sec 50 was relatively new in early 2005. His school was probably the only colorful landmark then being a playschool. Then after 5 years(in april 2010) i came back to the same school this time for my younger son(i was out of India in between for a few years and i had not visited sec 50). i couldnt find the school as it got covered/surrounded by the towers and new houses. The school what was the only visible and attractive construction 5 yrs back was now lost in the concrete surroundings. Price of land then was 20K psqy now 75K psyd. i couldnt believe what had happened.

Edit: For Gnida to become like what Noida/Gurgaon are now , yes it will take atleast 10-15 years. This is bound to happen.
    CommentQuote
  • In a rapidly urbanising country - evrything will get developed- and populated. The only Q is how long !

Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra
    Rinku,

You are correct in your justification but till date Gnida has been kept under wraps due to Noida. Gnida is a favored destination of CM of UP. Real growth will come once new sectors of Noida get overpriced in 5yrs and Gnida will become less strict:)

Real life example-I used to drop my son to a play school in sector 50, 5 years back. Sec 50 was relatively new in early 2005. His school was probably the only colorful landmark then being a playschool. Then after 5 years(in april 2010) i came back to the same school this time for my younger son(i was out of India in between for a few years and i had not visited sec 50). i couldnt find the school as it got covered/surrounded by the towers and new houses. The school what was the only visible and attractive construction 5 yrs back was now lost in the concrete surroundings. Price of land then was 20K psqy now 75K psyd. i couldnt believe what had happened.

Edit: For Gnida to become like what Noida/Gurgaon are now , yes it will take atleast 10-15 years. This is bound to happen.
    CommentQuote
  • Thats an almost realistic assessment .

Originally Posted by vishal1880
    The amount of Land still availaible in Noida is probably 2 times the size of Greater Noida...... even 20 years is being optimistic
    CommentQuote
  • In the last 10 years we have seen growth of 6-10% per annum which has amounted to 160-250% in avg to good locations. This comparatively is lower than other areas(Noida and Gurgaon) where growth has been in excess of 300%.

In the next 10 years the growth could be similar if not more. Basically Gnida is a place to enjoy open spaces, greenery etc and is not meant to become a hot humdinger of a location like Noida or Gurgaon, there are a lot of promises but i guess it is better to be conservative.
    CommentQuote
  • once metro construction will start for gn things will going to change in gn very rapidly

just keep an eye on the metro development which is going to take place at some time which is much easy to track rather than thinking about time frame which no1 can predict

but one thing is sure gn has a huge potential & with good public transport & basic amenities this place may rock one day
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by simsim
    once metro construction will start for gn things will going to change in gn very rapidly

just keep an eye on the metro development which is going to take place at some time which is much easy to track rather than thinking about time frame which no1 can predict

but one thing is sure gn has a huge potential & with good public transport & basic amenities this place may rock one day

Yes and everyone want this One Day to be Tomorrow.

And Tomorrow never comes
    CommentQuote
  • & if this becomes reality , it would be disastrous for many .

Originally Posted by guesswho
    Yes and everyone want this One Day to be Tomorrow.

And Tomorrow never comes
    CommentQuote
  • Greater Noida is a long story - I say 2025 ( 15 years from now) - It will show it's proper colours not before that....come what may.

Whether it's F1 - five star hotels - IT parks - residential ..metro ...bla blah ....real benefit is only after 15 years but in 2025 prices will be alltogether different for this area.

Hold it only if you have long term appreciation in mind else move on....112 sqmtr plot in Noida is any given day more valuable than 250 sqmtr in Greater noida.

Basically i term this place for Next Genratiion......but holds good potential.

Regards
    Sbajaj
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sbajaj

Basically i term this place for Next Genratiion......but holds good potential.

Regards
    Sbajaj

Agree with this:)
    CommentQuote