Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this Change the Commercial Scene in Greater Noida?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Will this Change the Commercial Scene in Greater Noida?

Last updated: October 10 2012
195 | Posts
25741 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this Change the Commercial Scene in Greater Noida?

It seems like Greater Noida is FINALLY going to have a Commercial / Mall which will can be Proudly talked about.

After seeing the PATHETIC Planning, Leasing and Managing of its First 2 malls...Ansal Mall and Nri mall..both located at one of the best locations in the city (At Pari Chowk).....Is the city going to see its first proper Commercial..??

From what it looks like...Grand Venezia COULD be the Commercial the city is desperate for....

While there is absolutely No Hope for other Malls..this mall has everything going right for it.

1. Cash Rich Builder and very good location

2. He has Pumped in Solid Money for Quality and Planning

3. He has NOT Sold the entire mall to investors and is holding nearly 70% of Inventory with him..which he will lease it as per his own terms and conditions.

4. Mall management by Star Centers, one of the reputed companies. Select city walk is one of their success stories

5. Sheraton 5 star Hotel is confirmed and work on

6. Indias First Underwater World..which is being made to international standards
    India's first oceanarium to come up in Greater Noida

7. A 1 Lakh sq.feet Furniture City in the Complex..which will cater majorly to Upper middle and middle class crowd...and on the side will be some premium brands as well. Knowing the fact that this region (Noida-Greater Noida) is the epicenter of probably one of indias largest Residential Flat developments..and that too High density..with Lakhs of flats Under consturction...the idea of having a SUPERMARKET for Furniture, Home Fittings, etc that too by companies which are NOT PREMIUM...sounds a smart idea.

8. Big Hypermarket has been signed..but name is not being disclosed.

9. A well spaced and designed Food court with many choices will be ready

10. Nearly 50-60% Space has been leased out and Brands like Shopper stop, Max, Zara, KFC, Fast Trax, Big Cinemas, Marks and spencer have taken up space in the mall.

The Mall is expected to Open within the next 10 months !!!

As far as I am concerned...the Biggest plus this Mall has...is that 70% of space is with the Builder..and he has NOT Sold it to Investors.

So the Ball will always be in his court.....he can get any brand at any rate...and that according to me is the Biggest reason why this Mall could be a successful mall.

Catchment area.....Greater Noida, Noida expressway sectors.

Concentration on....MIG, Upper Middle class and students...along with tourists

I am keeping my fingers crossed
    Last edited May 10 2012, 09:29 PM.

Re : Will this Change the Commercial Scene in Greater Noida?

Big Stores like shopper stop and max are good options since it caters to MIG class as well.
    Hyper market and Furniture Bazaar would probably do good business since there is no Mall/commercial of this kind on expressway and also there is no possibility for such commercials and Malls to come in near Future on Expressway.

I am eagerly waiting.............
    Thanks

Comment

Yaar samajh mein nahi aaya kya bolna chahtey ho!!

You started your post by that GN mein already 2 malls hain...& both are flop shows...I think you better focus on issues with current malls and then how this new malls is going to be different in addressing the current issues....

Otherwise there will be this 3rd mall as well in the list of flops. As long as I understand GN doesn't need big brands as Shoppers stop or things as Underwater World.....but a practical place to shop around for its residents without heading Noida ...and it should be so exciting that it should actually pull even residents of nearby regions...

so Furniture city I agree is smart idea & should actually be crowd puller..

Comment

Originally posted by neptune View Post

You started your post by that GN mein already 2 malls hain...& both are flop shows...I think you better focus on issues with current malls and then how this new malls is going to be different in addressing the current issues....

Otherwise there will be this 3rd mall as well in the list of flops. As long as I understand GN doesn't need big brands as Shoppers stop or things as Underwater World.....but a practical place to shop around for its residents without heading Noida ...and it should be so exciting that it should actually pull even residents of nearby regions...

This Mall will cater to Expressway sectors too.
        Thanks

Comment

Both the Malls in Gnoida were completely sold out to INVESTORS....it could be anyone ...a person living in mumbai...an NRI...an ex farmer...blackmoney...doesnt matter....The Moment this is done....the Commercial goes for a toss...here is why.

If for example Big Bazaar is approached by Ansal management..and Big Bazaar asks for even 30,000 sq.feet space...thats AT LEAST 3O INVESTORS Involved....Even if ONE INvestors doesnt agree to terms and conditions...the deal will NOT Take place.

Forget Greater Noida...even Malls in Saket faced the same issue...and the same issue is faced by many Malls in Gurgaon..bang on MG Road....and thats what happened with the star city mall in mayur vihar which is the biggest flop mall inspite of being steps away from metro station and in a fully inhabited area of MIG , Upper MIG delhi

Shoppers Stop, Pantaloons , Max...which give multi brands under one roof are excellent for many segments...incl. MIG.

Undewrwater world is an excellent concept and will definately attarct many people.....The approach of this mall is very convenient..and its on a busy developed area of Gnoida.

This mall is huge..and not some 50,000-1 lakh sq.feet mini mall.
          so there is a lot of scope.

The Footfall attraction would be Greater Noida and noida expressway.

There is office space and 5 star hotel as well.....

Its a Mixed use commercial.....

All depends on Marketing and Publicity...which as per my info will be done in a proper way.

Comment

Hey..Thanks for the clarity.
            I think success of a mall is not fully depending on planning but its a highly complex (marketing) issue..I stayed and travelled extensively in certain mall cities globally with an event management company and this is how I think are success factors for a mall /commercial space..

1)Connect with locals (or tourists as per objective) shopping needs.
            2)Has Cineplex /Multiplex factor
            3)Has SUPERMARKET [Most Important] & Kids PlayZone /Gizmos
            People do not shop clothes every weekend but do require grocery
            diary-vegetable-meat-fish.. I can tell you examples of cities with 20
            malls but the most crowded & successful are the ones having
            Carefour.Geant.Wallmart....
            4)Has Unique Identity /Concept factor to pull the crowd..
            -Amphitheater,Aquarium /Underwater Zoo-Park /dancing fountain
            5)Event Management -Most important to have weekly attractions as Acrobatic/Dance shows-performances /Plays /Skits/ Magician themes
            6)Proximity to visitors /Metro /Bus ..

What I want to say is if Local residents od a region prefer to eat Indian food & Mall has all big names of international cuisines except Haldiram it is a big flop....thats it!!!!

Comment

I think we will need to wait and watch. Making something successful in forums like this is quite easy. G Noida at present is not ready for another mall looking at the population. Expressway is not fully occupied so will dwindle between Noida and G NOida. Delhi crowd is not going to travel to G Noida in any case.

So i think we need to give some time before the residential in expressway gets fully occupied. There are some existing malls + upcoming OCP and MSX and few others even on eway. I think they are more than enogh to cater gnoida population at this moment.

Even Ansal mall which is a flop mall has started getting some traction so such a big mall as GV located at G noida seems like a risk which may pay off and may not,time will tell.

The positive thing about this mall is the promoter who seems to be focused and not coming out with other projects in vicinity atleast as what i hear.

Comment

Hey..Thanks for the clarity.
                I think success of a mall is not fully depending on planning but its a highly complex (marketing) issue..I stayed and travelled extensively in certain mall cities globally with an event management company and this is how I think are success factors for a mall /commercial space..

1)Connect with locals (or tourists as per objective) shopping needs.
                2)Has Cineplex /Multiplex factor
                3)Has SUPERMARKET [Most Important] & Kids PlayZone /Gizmos
                People do not shop clothes every weekend but do require grocery
                diary-vegetable-meat-fish.. I can tell you examples of cities with 20
                malls but the most crowded & successful are the ones having
                Carefour.Geant.Wallmart....
                4)Has Unique Identity /Concept factor to pull the crowd..
                -Amphitheater,Aquarium /Underwater Zoo-Park /dancing fountain
                5)Event Management -Most important to have weekly attractions as Acrobatic/Dance shows-performances /Plays /Skits/ Magician themes
                6)Proximity to visitors /Metro /Bus ..

What I want to say is if Local residents od a region prefer to eat Indian food & Mall has all big names of international cuisines except Haldiram it is a big flop....thats it!!!!

This Mall has been leased out in the exact same way you are talking about....

5 screen Multiplex
                Big Hypermarket
                Multi brand Showroom like Pantaloons
                Multi Cuisine Food court...VFM plus some family restaurants

And yes there will be many events organised

They are even planning dedicated bus services for pick and drop

The failure of Ansal Mall is not because there are no buyers in city.....There are enough buyers to run a mall...only that the mall failed in proper planning and leasing

Comment

Originally posted by matajdel View Post
                  I think we will need to wait and watch. Making something successful in forums like this is quite easy. G Noida at present is not ready for another mall looking at the population. Expressway is not fully occupied so will dwindle between Noida and G NOida. Delhi crowd is not going to travel to G Noida in any case.
                  Greater Noida's population is increasing and not to forget the Students...which are NO.1 in food court, movie ticket sales.

There is enough population in city....I saw the city aftre some time and there is a definate increase....Surprisingly inspite of Ansal being a uselss mall....there were more than 1-2,000 people in the mall...
                  Gamma market is always full..ALpha 2 market is always full

Its just a matter of attracting these crowds to one region..and that can happen...if everything of their need is available under one roof...and Leasing of GV is indicating towards it

So i think we need to give some time before the residential in expressway gets fully occupied. There are some existing malls + upcoming OCP and MSX and few others even on eway. I think they are more than enogh to cater gnoida population at this moment.
                  There is a definate mismatch in supply and demand...but I am talking about this particular mall.....not the ones which will fail....There are not one but mnay toally empty and failed malls in gurgaon also...thats stupidity of builders and planners....
                  Centerstage mall has lost badly to GIP..inspite of being in one of indias most prized commercial district.

What Gnoida needs is One good mall to keep population happy....what rest of empty malls would do...would be the headache of their investors and builders.....

Even Ansal mall which is a flop mall has started getting some traction so such a big mall as GV located at G noida seems like a risk which may pay off and may not,time will tell.

The positive thing about this mall is the promoter who seems to be focused and not coming out with other projects in vicinity atleast as what i hear.
                  The most important positive factor of this mall is NON INVOLVEMENT OF INVESTORS....ITS OWNED AND LEASED BY BUILDER.

This ensures that mall is never having problmes in leasing

Comment

Originally posted by matajdel View Post

Msx is no where in competition. It seems badly stuck behind.
                    Thanks

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X