I am starting this thread to understand which of two is a better buy.

I am Software Professional so my workplace can change from Noida to Gurgaon and some of my friends suggest me for Faridabad as GGN prices are Sky High and there is Water/Electricity issue too.

I have visited Geater Noida and like a few options there but distance is a big issue for there also, if I buy a flat there I will be stuck with companies of Noida only.

is Faridabad a better city that Gr Noida or not, Can someone living there tell me about it I am not very familar to faridabad and also haven't been there much.

Also Please suggest I have to live there (say in next 3-4 Months), which are the good ready to move in Societies there.

Thanks
Rathore
Read more
17 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Greater noida is best for those who are working only on Expressway and Greater Noida. Not for those who work elsewhere.
    If you work in GGN and can't afford GGN, Neharpar could be the best option for you.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by srkrathore

I am Software Professional so my workplace can change from Noida to Gurgaon and some of my friends suggest me for Faridabad as GGN prices are Sky High and there is Water/Electricity issue too.

I have visited Geater Noida and like a few options there but distance is a big issue for there also, if I buy a flat there I will be stuck with companies of Noida only.

is Faridabad a better city that Gr Noida or not, Can someone living there tell me about it I am not very familar to faridabad and also haven't been there much.

Also Please suggest I have to live there (say in next 3-4 Months), which are the good ready to move in Societies there.

Thanks
    Rathore

Greater Noida is definitely much better than Faridabad as far as planning/infrastructure is concerned..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by search12
    Greater Noida is definitely much better than Faridabad as far as planning/infrastructure is concerned..

That goes without saying.........Its well known fact,
    CommentQuote
  • It is the most well planed and green city of northan india. Even far better than chandigarh. Only problem is its connectivity which will not be a big problem in comming days.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by search12
    greater noida is definitely much better than faridabad as far as planning/infrastructure is concerned..

greater faridabad is improving very fast. Yes it will take another 3 years.

Here no one is doing fighting or stopping project like happening in up.

Mayawati start project then akhilesh stop

akhilesh start project then mayawati stop.

Best option move out from up and invest in haryana.
    CommentQuote
  • I am an owner in Naharpar and to me Grass is greener on the other side.

Frankly, for someone working in Gurgaon, Naharpar is not feasible but the other side of Faridabad is.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Pradyot1315sqf
    It is the most well planed and green city of northan india. Even far better than chandigarh. Only problem is its connectivity which will not be a big problem in comming days.

Eghh!!! Have u really been to chandigarh and have sen the ambiance there?

Its uncomparable to any other Indian city by far in any factor..... Be it Prosperity/Infra/Quality of people/ Culture etc. Absoultely no comparison
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jeetcp
    I am an owner in Naharpar and to me Grass is greener on the other side.

Frankly, for someone working in Gurgaon, Naharpar is not feasible but the other side of Faridabad is.

This is probably the same pinion that I had when I visited neharpar.Moreover neharpar cannot offer a quality life style and to travel to gurgaon you have to go through some dirty village areas and main faridad's crowdy sectors
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Karrish
    greater faridabad is improving very fast. Yes it will take another 3 years.

Here no one is doing fighting or stopping project like happening in up.

Mayawati start project then akhilesh stop

akhilesh start project then mayawati stop.

Best option move out from up and invest in haryana.

According to me its overpriced. A 3 BHK floor should not cost more than 30 lakhs all incl.
    CommentQuote

Thanks
    Rathore

Which location has more jobs for you?
    How long do you plan to stick to your current job?
    Where does bhabiji works? where her jobs are?

Instead of loosing in both way, think properly and select either GGN or Noida.
    CommentQuote
  • Reply to gharondabhai

Originally Posted by gharondabhai

Which location has more jobs for you?
    Both the locations has almost same jobs.
    How long do you plan to stick to your current job?
    My Company has branches at both the locations so that not an issue.

Where does bhabiji works? where her jobs are?
    She is a consultant Dietitian, so she can work in any hospitals or spa centres and they are same in both GGN and Noida.

Instead of loosing in both way, think properly and select either GGN or Noida.

The major issue which people are telling me for Gr Noida is traveling in Night as in S/W line there are always late night Offices, and my friends are saying that Expressway is not safe after 9 PM.
    How many of you agree with that.

What about traveling from Nehar par to Gurgaon/Noida in Night how safe it is?
    CommentQuote
  • Reply to ankjet

What about the pahari wala highway, some say that it's a smooth ride from fridabaad to GGN?
    Is that safe if yes the how safe it is for travelling in night.

Originally Posted by ankjet
    This is probably the same pinion that I had when I visited neharpar.Moreover neharpar cannot offer a quality life style and to travel to gurgaon you have to go through some dirty village areas and main faridad's crowdy sectors
    CommentQuote
    The major issue which people are telling me for Gr Noida is traveling in Night as in S/W line there are always late night Offices, and my friends are saying that Expressway is not safe after 9 PM.
    How many of you agree with that.

What about traveling from Nehar par to Gurgaon/Noida in Night how safe it is?

No place is safe. You need no statistic to say safe or unsafe .. you just need one bad experience.

If your job schedule is irregular with odd hours then you need to live near to your office. Both NP and GN are far from GGN. Night driving is dangerous, specially more dangerous if you are on a 2 wheelers.
    CommentQuote
  • 1. The Noida expressway you are talking about will be used by a Huge % of tourists in a few weeks...as its connected to yamuna expressway.
    So dangerous after 9pm....is all bullshit....kehne ko to there have been car jackings on MG road and infront of GIP also

2. Greater noida is ONLY for people who work on Noida expressway, NEPZ, yamuna expressway and ofcourse gnoida itself

3. faridbad to gurgaon connectivity ...u can see urself and decide

4. Infra of Gnoida is by far the best in NCR...but u cannot live there and work in gurgoan.....very much like u cannot live in gurgaon and work in Noida

5. Zyada central location chahiye...then go for Builder floors in Dwarka...(which is direct to noida by metro and next to gurgaon)

OR

Go for Ghaziabad...which enjoy better central location than rest of NCR cities....

.....with a limited budget u cant have everything.....thats a luxury people with High budget have...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ankjet
    Eghh!!! Have u really been to chandigarh and have sen the ambiance there?

Its uncomparable to any other Indian city by far in any factor..... Be it Prosperity/Infra/Quality of people/ Culture etc. Absoultely no comparison

Exactly, Chandigarh is not comparable with any city in India for all factors you mentioned.

Used to walk in Chandigarh without fair even at 2 AM in night from sector 17 to sector 19 to sector 24. No fear. such was patrolling there. Each sector is sufficient. No one even dare to break red signal, such was heavy fine there.

Not does planning is good but culture is superb and that what makes Chandigarh so different at least as far as UP is concern.
    CommentQuote