Hi Guys,

Just wondering if it is true...
Has the Noida Extension been renamed to Greater Noida (West)
Now a days I see a lot of ads in newspapers on GN(W)..
I wonder why this renaming has been done and who did it.
Read more
7 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • yep

Noida Extension is now known as Greater Noida West.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ChupaRustam
    Hi Guys,

Just wondering if it is true...
    Has the Noida Extension been renamed to Greater Noida (West)
    Now a days I see a lot of ads in newspapers on GN(W)..
    I wonder why this renaming has been done and who did it.

the reason given by authorities for renaming (as given in hindustan times article 2-3 weeks back) is that this area (Noida Extension) was being sold by the name of "noida" but is not as developed as noida, and resembles more to greater noida than noida, hence greater noida west.
    CommentQuote
  • Nope guys. It was actually Gnoida west from the day one as if you scroll around you would find there was never any area registered with name Noida Extension with any of Govt. agency.

Bulders themselves developed this name for making benefit from Noida status. ( and they were right)

They are just making it officially clear about the actual name of the area.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dpkmjn2012
    Nope guys. It was actually Gnoida west from the day one as if you scroll around you would find there was never any area registered with name Noida Extension with any of Govt. agency.

Bulders themselves developed this name for making benefit from Noida status. ( and they were right)

Thanks

thats true. infact i feel the noida sectors on expressway, 70's, 100's sector n which ever new sectors r coming they shud b the one which shud b called "noida extension" instead of noida sector number 100, 200 or 1000
    CommentQuote
  • In that case, I would say it is the GNIDA who is misleading people. Becasue the area in question (NE) really looks like the northern tip of GN.

Originally Posted by dpkmjn2012
    Nope guys. It was actually Gnoida west from the day one as if you scroll around you would find there was never any area registered with name Noida Extension with any of Govt. agency.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • This really highlights how much nexus exists in builders-brokers and how much they can misguide the people to create false hype.... even IREF has dedicated section on NE, when NE doesn't even exist.

Honestly, i think somewhere down the line the brokers realised that NE name has too much stigma attached to it. So they started re-using the original tag GN(W). So that new buyers can be duped again.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dpkmjn2012

Thanks

correct.. may be bhiwadi or rewari are now called as Gurgaon Extension ...
    CommentQuote