One of my friend was discussing buying a Villa in Noida Extension but there are not many options available . one option is Amrapali Leisure Valley villa but the rates are on much higher side .. On project website Amrapali Leisure Valley Noida : Amrapali Leisure Valley : Leisure Valley, the prices are mentioned as 7000 per sq ft and the minimum size is 1825 sq ft villa which is 1.25 Crore.

On the other hand, if one purchase authority plots in Sector 02 or Sector 03, and construct their own kothi, then it would be profitable as well as person has complete ownership of that kothi . he can construct it according to his her own choice. Lets say, one purchase a 162 Sq Mtr plot whose current market value for a normal plot is approx 81Lacs (@50000 per sq mtr).

Assuming 60% construction on 162 Sq Mtr (1743 Sq Ft) plot, per floor constructed area is 1743*.6 = 1045 Sq Ft. The total covered area for 3 floors would be 1045*3 = 3135 Sq Ft. If one consider construction cost of 1500 Per Sq Ft (as per luxury standards), the total cost is 3135*1500 = ~47Lacs.

The total cost is 81Lacs + 47 Lacs = 1.28 Cr. Add to it approx 7 Lacs for Lease Deed and Registration charges then the net cost is 1.35 Cr.

Advantange -

1. Just spending 10 Lacs extra, one can have a 3135 Sq Ft villa instead of 1825 Sq Ft Villa.
2. The construction, design, material etc will be as per own taste
3. Complete ownership
4. Can park as number of cars.
5. In future, if authority allows then can sell one floor in case one needs the money.

There are many pros in this model. I am sure, there are cons also but the positives looks more.
Read more
19 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by techie2k10
    One of my friend was discussing buying a Villa in Noida Extension but there are not many options available . one option is Amrapali Leisure Valley villa but the rates are on much higher side .. On project website Amrapali Leisure Valley Noida : Amrapali Leisure Valley : Leisure Valley, the prices are mentioned as 7000 per sq ft and the minimum size is 1825 sq ft villa which is 1.25 Crore.

On the other hand, if one purchase authority plots in Sector 02 or Sector 03, and construct their own kothi, then it would be profitable as well as person has complete ownership of that kothi . he can construct it according to his her own choice. Lets say, one purchase a 162 Sq Mtr plot whose current market value for a normal plot is approx 81Lacs (@50000 per sq mtr).

Assuming 60% construction on 162 Sq Mtr (1743 Sq Ft) plot, per floor constructed area is 1743*.6 = 1045 Sq Ft. The total covered area for 3 floors would be 1045*3 = 3135 Sq Ft. If one consider construction cost of 1500 Per Sq Ft (as per luxury standards), the total cost is 3135*1500 = ~47Lacs.

The total cost is 81Lacs + 47 Lacs = 1.28 Cr. Add to it approx 7 Lacs for Lease Deed and Registration charges then the net cost is 1.35 Cr.

Advantange -

1. Just spending 10 Lacs extra, one can have a 3135 Sq Ft villa instead of 1825 Sq Ft Villa.
    2. The construction, design, material etc will be as per own taste
    3. Complete ownership
    4. Can park as number of cars.
    5. In future, if authority allows then can sell one floor in case one needs the money.

There are many pros in this model. I am sure, there are cons also but the positives looks more.

Don't you think that plots possession is still due in NE .. farmer tension is ON .. In same price 1.35Cr you can build luxrious kothi in swaran nagri in GN main .. and can live there by next year ..
    CommentQuote
  • If there is farmer tension then it holds true for Amrapali Leisure Valley as well.

Location of noida extension is much better than Swarn Nagri ..

Regarding plot possession, yeah it is due but still deals are going on .. for a normal plot premium is approx 40K psm and for a premium plot (park facing, wide road etc) the premium is touching 45k upwards (plus allotment cost of 10.5K psm) .

There must be reason behind people buying at such high premium as they are anticipating huge profit/appreciation in these plots ..

Even, one can consider buying sector 03 buildup houses constructed on 120 Sq Mtr land which are quoting arnd 58-62 Lacs . much better than builders villas and advantage is that they are RTM with ZERO maintenance charges ..
    CommentQuote
  • Sector 3 construction of houses is lower medium quality... go and try to see kichen/washroom etc.. .. you may have to spent 4-8 lakh more for walls, kichen and painting, pop etc..
    CommentQuote
  • Following are the cons in my view :-

Security is not provided by authority, RWA is highly guided by cost per house, which might mean more money in case of less density area
      Society/block upkeep depends on RWA which might be good or bad
      Problems of encroachment/illegal construction etc
      No general discipline wrt to utilization of common spaces like parking, green area
      Can become high density in longer run due to ppl selling off floors
      This is debatable...but i have noticed high disparity between ppl residing in Kothis.
      General appearance of blocks is not pleasant, as there is different facade in adjacent houses.

I am still in favor of builder constructed villa. I have been living in a authority allotted plot for 20 years....and it is very painful as people from different backgrounds have different priorities in life. Taking a decision in such scenario in RWA is very difficult.

Personally i have experienced hawkers being allowed by RWA for vegetable shopping, PPL claiming ownership of parking spots, Money for upkeep diverted to ppls' personal accounts, religious functions held with loudspeakers without considering comfort of neighbors.......
      I am still in favor of builder constructed villa. I have been living in a authority allotted plot for 20 years....and it is very painful as people from different backgrounds have different priorities in life. Taking a decision in such scenario in RWA is very difficult.

Personally i have experienced hawkers being allowed by RWA for vegetable shopping, PPL claiming ownership of parking spots, Money for upkeep diverted to ppls' personal accounts, religious functions held with loudspeakers without considering comfort of neighbors.......

CommentQuote
  • 50K per sq ft, the rate looks very high for Authority plots..

Do we have any builder plot project there in noida extention.

Also can anyone please help to know any builder plot project on noida expressway.
    CommentQuote
  • do you think that Amrapali will be maintaining the villa society for whole life? One or other day, it will be taken care by the RWA and then the issues mentioned by you

--
    ---

will be applicable there as well .. just see, what happened in Jaipuria (lift issue) . do you think builder is alone responsible for same ? Who is responsible for lift management as of today?

I agree that there are pros of independent kothi then there there are few cons also ..
    CommentQuote
  • rjd1984 - there is no builder plot project in noida extension .. there are lot of flats (approx 2.5 L as per old FAR) but no plots except Authority plots .. all other plot which are illegally sold by developers must be avoided .. when one can pay 3200 psft for a builder flat on 25th floor then 50000 per sq mtr for a plot is not high at all . but yeah, one should have that much budget as well ..
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, i do think that Amrpali or an agency deputed by amrapali would be taking care of the villa society for whole life...that is the way it has been done till now. Example being Jaypee's GN villas, Sushant lok in gurgaon and any villas provided by builders.

i havent seen these issues with any of the areas developed by private builders...for them its is a business run of finances and their service guidelines rather then personal interests of the members living in the society.
    ON jaipuria issue, the issue itself got highlighted coz Jaipuria's name was involved, I havent seen any issues in media where RWA was involved coz RWAs' are "ghar ki kheti" with minimal accountability. Whom you can sue...mr gupta or Mr sharma coz he is president of rwa?

In builder areas, there are designed places for functions which do not interfere with personal lives of residents...functions are held in those places rather than a tent in front of house.Can u complain to president of RWA is he is breaking the rules which residents agreed upon?

in my view, the pros listed by you make sense economically for brokers and investors but not for end users. This is why the appreciation for builder plots has been more than authority plots. The price difference between authority plots and builder plots IN GN or in other areas are a testimonial for this fact.

Originally Posted by techie2k10
    do you think that Amrapali will be maintaining the villa society for whole life? One or other day, it will be taken care by the RWA and then the issues mentioned by you

--
    ---

will be applicable there as well .. just see, what happened in Jaipuria (lift issue) . do you think builder is alone responsible for same ? Who is responsible for lift management as of today?

I agree that there are pros of independent kothi then there there are few cons also ..
    CommentQuote
  • techie bhai .. I feel that you have invested in NE sector 3 built up houses .. Hehe don't fool people here ..

First you are saying all builder villas are bad which is truth but at the same time you are trying to project high rates of sector 2/3

second you are saying sector 3 houses are better where everyone will agree sector 2 plots are better than sector 3

daal mein kuch kaala hai boss ..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rjd1984
    50K per sq ft, the rate looks very high for Authority plots..

Do we have any builder plot project there in noida extention.

Also can anyone please help to know any builder plot project on noida expressway.

It should be 50K/psm... so approx 4500 psf rate...;) just 20% higher side from flat rates
    CommentQuote
  • balak,

you did not get intention of the post ..

anyone can make it out that I am not comparing sector 03 builtup house and sector 02/03 plots .. I am comparing builder's VILLAs with

Sector 02/03 plots(future kothi) & Sector 03 120 Sq mtr houses ..

and definitely, sector 02/03 plots are better than sector 03 houses .
    CommentQuote
  • Basic funda of RE (NE)..3 lakh flats (add 25% more.. thanks to 3.5 FAR).... and just 4000 plots in sector 2/3 and 700 house in sector 3....

What would future of those plots/houses...rates are just 4200-4400psf ...RTM houses (almost) and possession of plots... within 6 months (max)... so should we put money in Rs. 3500 psf flats and wait for 3 years+...

1000sqf flat will be just 750-780 build-up.. so extended LIG withi 35 lakh (assuming 3500 rate all inclusive with parking, PLC, S.tax)...... 1500sqf flat..1180max buildup.. so called 3 room LIG....Loading...25-40% in few cases... so your buildup cost is 35lakh/780 psf = 4500 psf.. WOW...too costly na.

Now see 1300sqf hosue (120sqm) in sector 3.... RTM.. rates are just 4K-4200/psf...approx lower loading 12%... psf buildup area cost is less than 3K.. and Guess what.. balance area is your own lawn and backside open space...not like builders common lobby/stairs.. etc.. + 120sqm LAND

Now which one is CHEAP...????

1000sqf flat with Rs. 4500-4600 rates for buildup area in which can be used by end user OR 1300sqf area with 3200-3300psf rate. .and that too RTM approx..

Now coming back to plots... assuming HIGEST price...50K/psm for 162sqm (1750psf) = Maximum rate is 4500psf for Plots... if you construct house..2 and half story.. your psf cost is less than 2500/psf.. + your OWN land....
    CommentQuote
  • I agree - the calculations are in favor of our plot vs society flat.

Market price is a very realistic indicator of demand for a particular type of accommodation.
    The calculations done here are not complicated, any person interested in buying a house would be aware of these facts. Then why...still plots are cheaper.

IMHO, society flats/plots provide an environment to end users where they need not worry about anything else, like security, maintenance upkeep...it is all taken care by the society.

Even if we ignore the security and maintainance aspect, even then, building your own house requires lots of time and effort.
    The steps - buy the plot, find an architect, find choose and finalize a layout, choose fittings, construction elements, monitor the progress - make sure your money is not diverted / misued...the construction,theft, electricity connection, water connection, construction approval etc...personally i find this very hassling.
    The add on to the cost would be your personal efforts and time invested in this...which cannot be quantized in terms of money.

On the other hand...builder flats/villas provide a ready-made solution to all these steps plus hassle free life after moving-in

It is a choice based on personal circumstances....if i can afford to take time out of work...then maybe a plot with my custom design....if i cant...then a society flat/villa

Originally Posted by fritolay_ps
    Basic funda of RE (NE)..3 lakh flats (add 25% more.. thanks to 3.5 FAR).... and just 4000 plots in sector 2/3 and 700 house in sector 3....

What would future of those plots/houses...rates are just 4200-4400psf ...RTM houses (almost) and possession of plots... within 6 months (max)... so should we put money in Rs. 3500 psf flats and wait for 3 years+...

1000sqf flat will be just 750-780 build-up.. so extended LIG withi 35 lakh (assuming 3500 rate all inclusive with parking, PLC, S.tax)...... 1500sqf flat..1180max buildup.. so called 3 room LIG....Loading...25-40% in few cases... so your buildup cost is 35lakh/780 psf = 4500 psf.. WOW...too costly na.

Now see 1300sqf hosue (120sqm) in sector 3.... RTM.. rates are just 4K-4200/psf...approx lower loading 12%... psf buildup area cost is less than 3K.. and Guess what.. balance area is your own lawn and backside open space...not like builders common lobby/stairs.. etc.. + 120sqm LAND

Now which one is CHEAP...????

1000sqf flat with Rs. 4500-4600 rates for buildup area in which can be used by end user OR 1300sqf area with 3200-3300psf rate. .and that too RTM approx..

Now coming back to plots... assuming HIGEST price...50K/psm for 162sqm (1750psf) = Maximum rate is 4500psf for Plots... if you construct house..2 and half story.. your psf cost is less than 2500/psf.. + your OWN land....
    CommentQuote
  • These all excuses dont true in real pictures. people can not afford houses/plots.. so 60% guy make such excuses.. 40% .. still true..

What about Noida.. anyone can get 2BHK up to 60 lakh budget...right.. but why not plots.... anyone think about it.. guess.. what PRICE... minimum price is 1lakh/psm ...so you may have to spend 1 crore... right.. OR more.. up to 1.5 crore in few sectors...

In any place in India.. Plot prices are double than same size FLAT.. that is true... right..

So what the hell people are buying plots/houess in rest of locations with HIGHER amount when they can still buy FLATS... and have all facilities....as you said... are they fool....????

Now again read.. If you are getting plot SAME rate of any luxury flat in NE... 4200-4300psf... than why dont go ...

I am not talking about NE... pick any location in India.. lets take Delhi... If you get chance to get PLOT at 20% higher in Worst case ROHINI Sector 36. which is not yet developed and still farm land.... and 20% lower amount.. flat in semi developed Rohini Sector 28/29.. Which one will you pick..????

hope you got your answer...

If not.. see the past 3 year NE history... NE rates.. construction was stopped and no work from past 1 year.. .Flats rates up by Rs 800-1000psf... AND same location.. plots were available 30K/psm rates... Now... 50K/psm..... still 300% premium than flats. .right..

So guess if construction is started in NE (Assuming all ok)... plots rate will be zooooooooooooooooooooom
    CommentQuote
  • then why despite authority plots being affordable in GN, still they are not selling?

comparing it with developed areas areas likde delhi/ noida/gurgaon is not logical.
    CommentQuote