Guys,

I know many of us are looking for a plot and greater noida is still the one of the best options. Please share your view about differwnt sectors and ongoing prices. According to me following factors could be conaidered:

1. Developed sectors like alpha beta gamma, as pace of development is very slow in greater noida. Upcoming sectors will still take many year to be nicely habitat.
2.) under development sector: swarn nagri, 37 etc..
3.) sector closure to 130 mt road. If it comes one day they'll offer biggest return
4.) closure to yammuna exp way

Your opinion guys..
Read more
123 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by rajesh_vsworx
    u can check delta 2 sector also... Min plot 120 Meter here and opposite to OCP

Rajesh Bhai..

I have seen all sectors of Greater Noida.
    Swarn Nagari is best..after Alfa.

not going into cooperative plots .. due to hassles.

Ansal Golf link -1 is No doubt very Good option but small size plot availability is very low.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cookie
    Sigma-4 simplex 220 sqft is now not available below 70lac +.

One year back it was avaialble for 52-55L

250 smt villa Omicron 2 was available for 60L. Now close to 80L.

This has been the case when some of the learned members here kept saying that authority has disowned these sectors and wont see any increase in next 5 years.

May be, they had some vested interest to keep this area down and buy a lot.

Cookie, i consider you a friend and if i'm not wrong you have been looking for property for last one year and see where the price have gone.

Please go ahead and buy a piece of land in any other sectors of your choice. Don't delay it unnecessarily since its for your long term end use.
    CommentQuote
  • Jai

I have already decided to buy in Omicron -1A 200 sqmt built up house..
    in D Block..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cookie
    Jai

I have already decided to buy in Omicron -1A 200 sqmt built up house..
    in D Block..

I think the rates are close to 65 Lac, but not sure. How much you r paying for it?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shaitaan
    I think the rates are close to 65 Lac, but not sure. How much you r paying for it?

You are right... rates are around 64 -66 and more depending on location.
    my agent offered me in C Block In 64 lacs.. but I want in D block ..
    CommentQuote
  • Any idea how much omicron 1A authority flats will be available for? I think they are ~130 sqm
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friends,

Last year I was in the same predicament as Cookie seems to be in. A budget of 70, looking for a secure investment with a horizon of 5-6 years for end use. Having stayed in apartments for quite some time was interested in a plot - mimimum 200 meters. Saw all the prominent sectors. A fizzled out deal in Swaran nagri. While looking at the plots, I also became apprehensive about buying a plot and then the related tension of its safety, security and danger of squatters. I then saw an analysis by jai singh and jai jai on Omicron. Went to Omicron 2. Saw 250 meters, did not like its lay out (specially its crocked drawing room etc.) Got down to Omicron 1A. Simply fell for its simple and straight lay out. Next time went with my better half, she liked the 250 sq.m. Lots of choices offered. Thought about it. Within the budget of a plot, one gets a built up house. One gets 250 sq.m. of land and a built up house with a key. Chose the best property i.e. three side open house (which is a rarity in the NCR region), on the open side apporx. 500 meters. green belt (almost a private lawn). Deal was completed in 45 days and registry done. In another month, physical possession was also taken from the builder. Got security doors installed on all the openings of the house.

Hindsight: Approximately after one year, quite happy with the turn of events. Got healthy appreciation. Using the property as a weekend retreat for the time being. Feel good factors of owning both land and roof, especially after NOIDA/GNIDA announcement that no more schemes for plots would be forthcoming. Owner's peace of mind of having clean deal, clear title like registry, transfer etc. GNIDA website shows clear title in my name.

Setbacks: GNIDA's constant backtracking on finishing the developmental work in the sector. However, seeing Omicron-2 and other adjacent sectors beiing looked after well, am hopeful.

Thought of summarising my own story of buying a property after gaining expereince from others. I hope it makes sense.

Best,

Ghai
    CommentQuote
  • Good and to the point analyysis ghaink......I am an end user and got a flat from Gr. Noida authority in Omicron -1 through the draw. I have to pay 42 L for a 120 sq. mt flat on third floor . The rate seems to be on the higher side because the i was told that i can get private apartment of same area in almost 36L there. I am not sure should i hold the flat or not. I have two questions
    (1)Also from the future perspective when can i expect good investment coming from this. (2) How long will i have to wait so that sectors become livable.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ghaink
    Dear friends,

Last year I was in the same predicament as Cookie seems to be in. A budget of 70, looking for a secure investment with a horizon of 5-6 years for end use. Having stayed in apartments for quite some time was interested in a plot - mimimum 200 meters. Saw all the prominent sectors. A fizzled out deal in Swaran nagri. While looking at the plots, I also became apprehensive about buying a plot and then the related tension of its safety, security and danger of squatters. I then saw an analysis by jai singh and jai jai on Omicron. Went to Omicron 2. Saw 250 meters, did not like its lay out (specially its crocked drawing room etc.) Got down to Omicron 1A. Simply fell for its simple and straight lay out. Next time went with my better half, she liked the 250 sq.m. Lots of choices offered. Thought about it. Within the budget of a plot, one gets a built up house. One gets 250 sq.m. of land and a built up house with a key. Chose the best property i.e. three side open house (which is a rarity in the NCR region), on the open side apporx. 500 meters. green belt (almost a private lawn). Deal was completed in 45 days and registry done. In another month, physical possession was also taken from the builder. Got security doors installed on all the openings of the house.

Hindsight: Approximately after one year, quite happy with the turn of events. Got healthy appreciation. Using the property as a weekend retreat for the time being. Feel good factors of owning both land and roof, especially after NOIDA/GNIDA announcement that no more schemes for plots would be forthcoming. Owner's peace of mind of having clean deal, clear title like registry, transfer etc. GNIDA website shows clear title in my name.

Setbacks: GNIDA's constant backtracking on finishing the developmental work in the sector. However, seeing Omicron-2 and other adjacent sectors beiing looked after well, am hopeful.

Thought of summarising my own story of buying a property after gaining expereince from others. I hope it makes sense.

Best,

Ghai

Could you please tell the time, price and sector of your property.
    CommentQuote
  • Do these plots have potential to be double of their current rates in 3-5 years time? I was thinking to sell my plot in b'lore (near electronic city) and shift my investment to a 200 sq mtr plot in omnicron.

What was the price 3-4 years ago? Just want to see how has been price movement in the last few years.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ghaink
    Dear friends,

Best,

Ghai

healthy appreciation ? Can you say in numbers ?
    CommentQuote
  • Ghanik ji...U entered very timely i think...That area has seen some good appreciation in last year only...

Its a landed property..so hope the trend continues...

What best i like about these gains is that they didn't get escalated over-nite, supported by some builder/dealer nexus etc...Since its steady..its healthy..
    CommentQuote
  • @FirstPost. You would have read in the other posts in IREF that having a flat in the new and upcoming sectors like Omicron is a long shot. Veterns on this forum advise that if one is going for a flat whether for end use or for investment he should concentrate on and around pari Chowk. I tend to agree with their view point. Given the huge inventory of flats in GN, the expanion rate of appreciation from Pari Chowk to Omicron would likely be painfully slow. In the price brakcet which you have got a 3rd floor flat, you could easily have got a 120 m built up house. Had that happened, you would have got at least 20% appreciation without setting foot in the house. (For the sake of your peace of mind, I sincerely hope that I am proved wrong). As far your second question, work to provide infrastructure in Omicron 1A has resumed and the revised deadline of thier completion is March, 2013. Two very brave families are already staying there. Best.

Ghai
    CommentQuote
  • @Jai Singh & Ashish18. It is Omicron!A, I bought a 250 m built up house in February-March, 2012. About the price, without being specific I would only say that judging by the offers being made to me and the prices being quoted on various realty sites, the appreciation is around 20%, though I have no intention of selling. Best.

Ghai
    CommentQuote
  • @YKumar. The layout plan of 200 m house is excellent. In fact, I liked it better than the 250 m. However, as happens in the case of every married man, my better half's wish prevailed. As far as the future potential of plots in GN is concerned, my view is that the major driving force in this case will be the prevailing exorbitant rates of land in the entire NCR region in specific and in neighbourhood in poarticular. GNIDA's annoucement to discontinue selling plots would also contribute to price esclation.

@Horizonkns. I agree with your assessment. The appreciation in these sectors may not be dealer driven and artificial.

Best,
    Ghai
    CommentQuote