Collapse

Unitech Verve, Greater Noida

Last updated: May 9 2015
45 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Unitech Verve, Greater Noida

I bought a flat in Untech Verve in 2007 with a delivery/possession date in late 2009; Four years later, there is no concrete date from Unitech. I had some hope earlier this year that we can expect possession by 4th quarter this year, and construction was going on at full pace. However, looks like there has been a dispute with the contractor and I was told not to expect possession before 4th quarter 2014! Does anyone out there have any updates???

Comment

Originally posted by neerajbasand View Post
      I bought a flat in Untech Verve in 2007 with a delivery/possession date in late 2009; Four years later, there is no concrete date from Unitech. I had some hope earlier this year that we can expect possession by 4th quarter this year, and construction was going on at full pace. However, looks like there has been a dispute with the contractor and I was told not to expect possession before 4th quarter 2014! Does anyone out there have any updates???
      Has anyone in the forum bought in this project and got possession letter ?

I recently made a visit to this project and talked to near by people, looks like possession has been offered in Tower T-6 's 2 BR apartments. Few apartments are being prepared for final handover.

Anybody, aware ?

Comment

I purchased in 2007 as well. Yes, I have the same information about possession being offered in Tower 6. Visited the site today. No work going on in Towers 1-4. Looks like a painful wait. Apartments in Tower 6 appear run down even before possession. I am not sure if they will maintain the specs that were promised. Doors appear to be of poor quality. None of the apartments really look ready for possession. At this point in time, I will just be happy to get the possession. I know that it has turned out to be my worst real estate venture .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

hey i hav visited the VERVE and want 2 buy. can any one pl. share the facts and experiance abt Unitech verve. kindly quote the Price of 3BHK.
          Last edited August 12 2014, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Unitech asked to pay Rs 4.77 cr for delay

NEW DELHI: A real estate firm has been directed by the apex consumer commission to pay Rs 4.77 crore to seven buyers for "huge delay" in handing over apartments to them, noting that the builder had attempted to make profit at the cost of others.

The National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission bench presided by Justice J M Malik noted that the apartments booked nine years ago in Greater Noida were yet to be delivered by Unitech Reliable Projects Pvt Ltd and asked it to pay Rs 4,77,58,658 with 18% interest to the seven consumers.

"There is a magic in that little word 'home'. It is a mystic circle and surrounds comforts and virtues, never known beyond its hollowed limits. However, customers are exasperated by senseless delay made by the Builder of a colony," the commission said.

"It must be borne in mind that there is a huge delay in handing over possession of the premises in dispute, i.e., about 9 years. The opposite party (builder) has made an attempt to feather its own nest, i.e., to make profits for itself, at the cost of others' expenses. The opposite party has utilized the amount for its own purposes," it said.

The commission also directed the firm to pay Rs 1 lakh each to the complainants for harassment and mental agony. According to the complainants, in 2006-07, the real-estate firm had advertized for availability of flats in their project 'Unitech Verve' in Sector Pi-II at Greater Noida that was scheduled to be delivered within 36 months of signing of allotment letter.

The seven complainants said that they had applied for flats, either individually or jointly, and had paid the money demanded by the builder. However, after the project got delayed, they filed a complaint before the commission in October 2012. The firm submitted before the commission that it was unable to hand over possession of apartments to them. It, however, submitted that it was ready to pay 10% interest to the consumers as per the agreement entered into between the parties. PTI

Unitech asked to pay Rs 4.77 cr for delay - The Times of India
            Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
            Working...
            X