Greater Noida is now coming up in a big way as an industrial and educational hub. Major players are now focussing on developing infrastructure here as the place offers good connectivity and enough unexplored land. Ansal API, one of the oldest real estate players, is developing independent bungalows, premium floors, highrise apartments at Megapolis, small and large offices in Corporate Park in Noida and IT offices in the IT SEZ in Greater Noida.
Read more
43 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • There is no doubt that the city seems to be well planned and green at present.

But Safety and security is a big problem here. And even it will not improve in future also.
    Being a education hub, there are (will be) more number of students as compared to residents, so more sound pollution during the nights, besides what is said in this thread.
    CommentQuote
  • Great Vishal, ur comments were awesome :-)

Originally Posted by vishal1880
    Yes its coming up well all right. The International airport is almost ready and they are planning to shut down the IGI in Delhi considering its word class features, even Swarnabhumi in Thailand, Hethrow, Gawick, JFK etc is sending experts to Gr Noida to study the world class infrastructure to be replicated their.

CWG comitte has decided to shift the Venue to Greater Noida (Jaypee Sports City).

The Night Safari is giving stiff competiton to Singapore....

The property rates are zooooming (imagine a simple 2 BHK LIG flat going upwards 1 Crore)

People say this is just a trailor in a few years once the Boraki Railway station becomes operational New Delhi railway station may get shut down and all traffic will be diverted to the new Greater Noida Station.

P.S. PUN WAS INTENDED.

Its gonna be No Man Iseland since I hardly see anyone on road or in commercial complexes. :-)
    CommentQuote
  • Hi All,

I see very funny views about Greater Noida and feel they are correct.

i have felt Transport is also a big problem there(addition to Security etc etc)

Though we all can see how GNauthority plots on Yamuna express way are not only sold but are priced up ! This is same Yamuna express way where farmers are having their crops and as per my discussions, this situation will remain same there for next years. (Correct me in this if I am wrong)

Now after airport has been officially caned(Though it was never hoped except exteme GN lovers), most hopeful ppl are scared.

Untill and unless industries(Specially IT, KPO, BPO, Electronics/ Consulting) are arrived in GNoida like they exist in Gurgaon, Greater Noida will grow like this only. Being education hub will not help much. Though its nice to have so many institutions there.

But yes, I wud compare G Noida's growth to Manesar.

(I have a doubt if companies will come in GNoida so soon)

One only thing which is good there is Road planning/House planning which will help GN to grow in next........?????? years

Regards.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by coke_indian
    Hi All,

Though we all can see how GNauthority plots on Yamuna express way are not only sold but are priced up ! This is same Yamuna express way where farmers are having their crops and as per my discussions, this situation will remain same there for next years. (Correct me in this if I am wrong)

Regards.

Yamuna expressway almost complete, Coke. Yamuna expressway plots are a great investment if you can deal with encroachment problems. Go for really large plots and reap extra-ordinary rewards in 20 years.
    CommentQuote
  • Yamuna Express Way Plots

Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    Yamuna expressway almost complete, Coke. Yamuna expressway plots are a great investment if you can deal with encroachment problems. Go for really large plots and reap extra-ordinary rewards in 20 years.

Yes Venky, I know they are good investment opportunities. Authority plots are always either DDA or NDA or even GDA

Thanks !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Venkytalks

Venky .. i had been to the site last week .. still some time before the expressway can be completed .. also do u think the prices in this area will escalate ? have been observing Gnoida since last 7-8 yrs and havent seen much escalation so far
    CommentQuote
  • Expressway being completed from Agra side. LArge stretches are finished

The N-GN expressway interchange with Yamuna expressway is not yet finished, road beyond will be built after that I think - Some 20 Km is just village road.

Prices will not escalate that much - but in 20 years will become valuable as the whole area develops - which it will, slowly.

G NOIDA will develop much faster now, those who waited patiently for 10 years will reap the rewards in the next 5 (not immediately). 15 years of waiting is of course not a joke.

Originally Posted by trialsurvey
    Venky .. i had been to the site last week .. still some time before the expressway can be completed .. also do u think the prices in this area will escalate ? have been observing Gnoida since last 7-8 yrs and havent seen much escalation so far
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    Expressway being completed from Agra side. LArge stretches are finished

The N-GN expressway interchange with Yamuna expressway is not yet finished, road beyond will be built after that I think - Some 20 Km is just village road.

Prices will not escalate that much - but in 20 years will become valuable as the whole area develops - which it will, slowly.

G NOIDA will develop much faster now, those who waited patiently for 10 years will reap the rewards in the next 5 (not immediately). 15 years of waiting is of course not a joke.

very true .. but i must say i am a bit disappointed with the development pace of greater noida ... good decision i took some 7-8 yrs back not to buy a house there .. its almost available in similar rates even today ! :D
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • POWERPrivatised Power distribution and 24 hours power
    availability.

3740 MW Power generation plant coming within 10 kms radius.Condition of power supply dependent upon Haryana
    State Electricity Board. ?????????????????????????????????????
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vishal1880
    POWERPrivatised Power distribution and 24 hours power
    availability.

3740 MW Power generation plant coming within 10 kms radius.Condition of power supply dependent upon Haryana
    State Electricity Board. ?????????????????????????????????????

GNOIDA - 3740MW power plant - coming up
    Gurgaon - Condition of power supply dependent upon Haryana
    State Electricity Board.
    (I think they are trying to say that Gurgaon doesnt have its own power plant project and is dependent on the state electricity board)
    CommentQuote
  • No i mean "Privatised Power distribution and 24 hours power
    availability." where is this do they mean all socites have private power thru gensets?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vishal1880
    No i mean "Privatised Power distribution and 24 hours power
    availability." where is this do they mean all socites have private power thru gensets?

hmm well some tussle goin on at the moment between RPG and UPPCL .. hopefully if this gets resolved then things will improve ..
    CommentQuote
  • It/bpo

but all things is waste with out IT/BPO
    CommentQuote
  • Industries specially IT +

Originally Posted by rajesh81
    but all things is waste with out IT/BPO

Yes IT sector and other industries can bring GNoida to a new height which it deserve. It has most of the qualities which a developed city shud have : Well planned roads, well planned housing, well planned markets, good connectivity and educational hub.

Also it has a SEZ's which assures less tax to companies operating from these SEZ's.

Though Lack in Transport and as usual Security.

Gurgaon did not have even these facilities when IT co's started coming there. (Except one : Near to Delhi and IGI)

Lets see what happens after completion of taj ex way. I don see much difference in regard of companies since Taj is leading to Agra where companies have no interest. Yes Tourism point of view may rise a bit and Transport.
    CommentQuote