1. I want to know what is the Metro plan for greater noida , the time lines and the route. If anyone has any information kindly share. Thanks
Read more
12 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • No plans for now. GN Master plan is in limbo until Yamuna expressway completes in 2 years
    CommentQuote
  • Instd sm1 should take permit to run feeder bus from Sector-32 to Gr. Noida Via Expressway.. It will be gr8 Hit.
    CommentQuote
  • http://www.hindustantimes.com/Greater-Noida-is-next-stop/Article1-621878.aspx

Does this looks promising or one more "hyped" news to attract eyeballs and investment?

My concern is, if it is a hyped news then innocent "end-users" will fall for the bait.

Pls. share suggestions/feedback/thoughts on the news article.

-SS
    CommentQuote
  • Metro will come later than sooner!!

On ground reality I dont feel Sectors beyond 72.....upto Parichok will be more than 30% occupied by 2014, with only exception of sec - 93 and parichok.

I do not see a reason why the govt (state and central) will make it operational before 2014(investment of 5K crores). Will definitely be bad utilization of our funds if it happens before that.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra
    On ground reality I dont feel Sectors beyond 72.....upto Parichok will be more than 30% occupied by 2014, with only exception of sec - 93 and parichok.

I do not see a reason why the govt (state and central) will make it operational before 2014(investment of 5K crores). Will definitely be bad utilization of our funds if it happens before that.

As per standards a MRT (Mass Rapid Transportation) system is required by a region/city/sector which has a population of more than 7-8 Lakhs

Just because Delhi was Grossly late in understanding this doesnt mean that rest should do the same.

This Metro line has NOTHING to do with center or delhi govt. Its entirely the call of UP Govt.

Donot forget that this region has probably the largest Land bank in NCR Region (One of the Top real estate destinations in India)

Delhi has an infux of more than 5 Lakh people annually

Delhi NCR Region is the ONLY destination for Jobs amongst North India (the most dense part of India...which is soon going to be the most populated country of the World)

Govt.Of UP along with Noida and Gnoida Authorities have understood all this very well..that in a region where there is a huge potential for Residential and commercial developement (one of the best in India)...they own a huge Land bank.

Now to market this..they need to have infra projects.
    As per a Layman There was absolutely NO NEED for a Taj Expressway to Agra....but see what that single project of Road has done to the region..It has opened up one of the largest land banks in this region.

To Make the best out of this huge land bank, Noida and Gnoida authorities have planned an EXCELLENT project.

Not only with metro the Land with Noida and Gnoida authority will increase in value but also the Private player they are trying to rope in will get much more than one can imagine...Like Jaypee got for the Taj expressway.

Even if Noida, gnoida authorities shell out 5000 crores for this...be rest assured that the price of the Land with them along the Noida expressway will increase.

1000 acres is approx 40,00000 sq. mtrs (40 Lakh sq.mtr)

With this project even if we assume that Noida authority will be able to gain approx. Rs.1000 per sq.mtr ...They will gain 400 crores

This is just for an area of 1000 acres ....they have huge land banks with them...the land is with them...no issues from villages etc etc

Pls keep in mind...not only the builders increase the prices of flats, plots when a metro is close by....the Govt also increases the price of the Land they will sell to builders, etc

With metro coming through their vast land bank, this will be the ONLY region in Delhi NCR where such huge amounts of land will be available for builders, SEZ, etc etc with a expressway and Metro both...Imagine how much Authorities will make from this

Note that Noida authority has done an excellent planning of using the drain to construct the metro thereby reducing the loss of land with them.

This is just a glimpse of what Authority will make directly by selling their own land.

They will increase the Circle rates too which will give them more money from registry, etc etc.

Top class planning by Noida and Gnoida authority

CommentQuote

Many years back when Maha Maya flyover was planned and started to build and we used to cross that chaotic area all my family members used to say why mayawati for making money building a bridge on this barren land.... why the hell its needed when there is no traffic here...and then it was left hanging in limbo once mulayam came back to power...again when mayawati came back to power she completed the project...

Guys tell me now was that a wise decesion by mayawati to build it or not ??? can we do without it today ????? It is the "shaan" of Noida today ... why people are so worried that no population etc etc etc...eak baar Metro banney do phir aagey aagey dekho hota hey kya....
    CommentQuote
  • A mass rapid transportation system is as a "standard" required in areas / regions which have a population of 7-8 Lakhs or more.

People are comparing things with Delhi...where everything is pathetically planned.

Noida-Greater Noida region as a whole have a population of more than 8-9 Lakhs today.

The number of students in Greater noida alone are more than 50-60,000
    SEZ along gnoida expressway will employ thousands in the coming 2-3 years.

The daily ridership along this route as per DMRC has been projected at 60-70,000 per day.

On one hand we love to blame the govt when we see metros full to the level..stations jampacked...roads full to the limit but then when something is planned in advance to meet the demand tomorrow by the govt. we question it. Many people come to Greater noida and wonder why roads are made in sectors where houses are yet to come up.

There is something called "Planning" and gnoida and noida authorities have taken a step towards it.

Even financially they will make millions by increasing the land prices in the area (govt selling land, auctions, etc etc)

Its a very smart move..in which not only the authorities will make a lot of money...the public will benefit..end users and investors.
    CommentQuote

correctly said MM.....no govt will invest if no output is there in terms of money........

i was reading a article abt delhi metro n it mentions that delhi metro is still not getting the amnt it has expected during its budgeting...:bab (59):

metro came to delhi just due to CWG...n i can feel that now there will not be any development further for next few years on the track
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vishalsharma
    correctly said MM.....no govt will invest if no output is there in terms of money........

i was reading a article abt delhi metro n it mentions that delhi metro is still not getting the amnt it has expected during its budgeting...:bab (59):

metro came to delhi just due to CWG...n i can feel that now there will not be any development further for next few years on the track

I couldn't digest it. Metro didn't come due to CWG. In next 10 years, not only in Delhi and NCR but you will see metro running in other cities like Mumbai, Hyd, blore, jaipur etc.

Metro is now necessity. India is still far behind interms of good public transport. Metro will definitely expand. Whole Delhi and NCR will be covered in coming years be it Gzd, bgarh, noida, ggn, narela.

BTW - Welcome Back Zohaib. I am sure, you didn't miss any post even when you were out. IREF is an addiction.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks guesswho...i am reading thru the posts as i got a good break during this weekend

Regd Metro...Time will tell...the people who are making the decisions have a better idea of what they are making and what they are not...and belive me no govt. (delhi or U.P) will think of such projects unless they are sure hey will rake in millions....whoever said that delhi metro is not making what it shud have is simply giving bullshit.

India is one of the most corrupt nations of the World and also the Most populated (soon)...has huge land banks....has cheap labour..cheap technicians..and a population which NEVER rebels...a price hike in potato, milk and petrol is enough to keep the common man in control....each and every project made by govt. has made these babus and politicians millionaires....so leave the calculations to them.....Gnoida and Noida authorities must have been fully satisfied the money metro will make for them "Directly or indirectly"....If you and I know about it...then we wouldnt be "Common Men"

A recent revelation by a cousin of mine who is big in U.P politics told me about the farmers agitation on yamuna expressway being actually staged by mayawati so that Jaypee could get more land in Gnoida region rather than Aligarh....These people have it all calculated...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guesswho
    I couldn't digest it. Metro didn't come due to CWG. In next 10 years, not only in Delhi and NCR but you will see metro running in other cities like Mumbai, Hyd, blore, jaipur etc.

Metro is now necessity. India is still far behind interms of good public transport. Metro will definitely expand. Whole Delhi and NCR will be covered in coming years be it Gzd, bgarh, noida, ggn, narela.

BTW - Welcome Back Zohaib. I am sure, you didn't miss any post even when you were out. IREF is an addiction.

Dear i think at this point in time cities like Amritsar, Ldh in north needs Metro as an urgent need as far as public trnsport is concerned......but why still there is no work on the grnd ....bcoz Govt. need funds to bring metro on track...delhi govt.invest the funds in CWG, so i think they will run short of funds for the next phases........this is my opinion ....can be different from urs.......
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vishalsharma
    Dear i think at this point in time cities like Amritsar, Ldh in north needs Metro as an urgent need as far as public trnsport is concerned......but why still there is no work on the grnd ....bcoz Govt. need funds to bring metro on track...delhi govt.invest the funds in CWG, so i think they will run short of funds for the next phases........this is my opinion ....can be different from urs.......

Noida metro has no link with funds or permission from delhi...its an internal project of U.P and precisely between noida and Gnoida authorities....and dont worry about money...all these goverments have more than enough.
    Mayawati spend billions in the last 3 years...it didnt come from her earnings

Its depends from party to party..politician to politician....One can argue to lengths that why gurgaon had more money being pumped by govt. than faridabad..or why noida/Gnoida enjoy more input from govt. than ghaziabad...

Leave alone Amritsar...Mumbai doesnt have a metro yet...Just a pathetic rail network...While calcutta had it way back....

CommentQuote