Last updated: September 19 2014
88 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Spencers Hypermarket Greater Noida

Originally posted by NeenaO View Post
    Zohaib,

how are the prices/quality in comparison to honey money top, local shops etc
    do they have any special price day like big bazaar wednesday....

Appreciate your revert.

Thanks

Honey Money Top is nowhere compare to such chains.

What i always felt is that honey money top was taking advantage of lack of such chains in gnoida and selling most items at mrp.

Being in commercial leasing i thought their hypermart in msx will be very good, but conpared to such chains, its very pale.

Not only in sheer range but pricing / discounts , display and consumer friendly set up (ramps, trolley escalators, etc) Spencers is far ahead of honey money top.

I put it at par with good hypermarts in noida and gurgaon.

Regd special offers, discount days, you need to contact the store.

In a nutshell...this is the best store in any category in gnoida so far.

Comment

The best about this store according to me apart from beinh a proper hypermart with good stock of all household items...is one of the best park and shop facility i have seen in ncr

No long walks back to parkings dragging trolleys, no stuffy lifts, no limited parkings....

One simply park at any of basement and can reach car in a few seconds with shopping trolley.

Ramps, ramp escalators ensure even a senior citizen or a 10 yr old will not have any issues taking trolley to car comfortably

I think Stores like Honey Money top who were selling products at mrp and other items at very high rates have to now plan new strategy to sustain their sales.

This is very good for any region...competition

Reliance super too was rearranging their store when i visited couple of days back.

Comment

Thanks Zohaib...!! i completely echo your thoughts on this one...a must visit for Greater Noida residents...as promised posting some pics...had problems directly pasting the pics as they were heavy so appending it as attachments...

Spencers Hypermart (Ansal Plaza) - Greater Noida

What was pleasantly surprising was -

1. Nov Veg sections...chicken,mutton (along with their varieties/variants) ...marinated BBQ stuff..variety of fishes ( Blue Crab,Tiger Prawns, Pomphret ,Rahu, Pangas, Katla)....
        2. Bakery section...pretty much everything that i've seen in other marts...
        3. Snack bar/Street food counter ...the best being "shawarmah"...& Paani Puri...
        4. And how can i forget the Cheese counter/Nuttie delights counter....refer to my pics...to check out the variety...:p
        5. Shopping bill ~4.5K....but deducting offer & discounts ..it came upto ~2.5K..now one may say the MRP would be inflated, but my say would be ...Spencers is a national chain and product MRP stays relatively constant across ....so overall a good deal for the stuff's we bought...!!

6. And the most surprising being...i was there in the mart for about 2 hours with my family...from 7:30 pm - ~ 9:30pm and we didn't realize the time we spent...and yesterday being a Saturday..not once did i see any hooliganism or gentry issues that i expected...the rush of people you see in the pics about 9:30 pm is an unusual sight and is rare in a Greater Noida Mall at that hour....it was mostly married couples/families who were flocking the mart...good start ...hope Spencers paves way for more good things for the region....happy shopping !!
        Attached Files
        Last edited July 6 2014, 03:19 PM.

Comment

GThomas...thank you for pics...

MRP is decided by Brand and never the hypermarts....so whatever discounts u get are genuine.

If a bottle of oil is printed MRP of 500 in a hypermart....it will be same in any store.

Kindly answer below:

1. How convenient it was for you to park your car and enter the hypermart AND to take full trolley back to your car

2. How convenient was ur billing ?

3. How did you find the discounts and available stock compared to other hypermarts in NCR ??

4. How did you like the layout of hypermart ??

Also, I repeat....the TOP management of Spencers is very much active in going through suggestions now as its newly opened.

So if u feel ANY suggestion needs to be given...THIS IS BEST time....

Give it directly to store manager in their feedback form

And if u wants post it here, i will forward it direct to top management

Enjoy

PS: very happy to know that u can spend 1-2 hrs comfortably and enjoying at same time

DO SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH OTHER GNOIDA RESIDENTS

Support your local markets IF they are providing you quality, service and value for money

MAJORITY people from middle and upper middle gentry i have interacted with for my surverys feel Gnoida markets are NOT suitable for them...its getting embedded in their minds....so do share ur experienxlce with others.

If gnoida residents dont suppport efforts of brands....then too shall start conprimising on quality, sevice, etc etc etc....and eventually shut down and leave.
          Last edited July 6 2014, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Latest Feedback from another Source who spend 3-4 hours yesterday evening (Sunday) in the Hypermart, just observing the feedback from Gnoida residents:

1. As per him, he has never seen such a good turnout for a store in any market of Gnoida..Actually Shopping

2. Majority of Crowd was Service Educated class thereby giving them a feeling of comfort for family crowd shopping in the hypermart. Local and Villager Youth too were present but being in minority were behaving themselves.

3. The crowd seemed like any decent crowd in rest of NCR hypermarts such as GIP Big Bazaar

4. It seemed like the residents were waiting for such a store for a VERY LONG time and hence seemed very satisfied with it

5. Most of them when asked liked 3 major things in the hypermart......Availability of Stock, Convenient / Comfortable experience and Discounts.
            As I mentioned before.....Majority service class had no option but to pay at MRP in Honey Money Top because it gave them the Ambience for their families. But not this has changed and Honey money Top needs to change its strategy Big time.

6. Some Local Youths were trying to play around on the Trolley escalator by walking on it wrong side and being loud and cheap as always, but were stopped on time by Guards.

7. People enjoyed the concept of shopping as well as grabbing a bite in the store itself.

8. The convenient park and shop facility was loved by most family class crowd.

9. Many people had suggestion for Ansal management to Improve their CAR PARKING ENTRY ....Apparently there was a queue at Entry and service was slow

10. Some had suggestion to have more sitting area near exit

Comment

Hi All,

I was there in Spencers yesterday(sunday) evening with my family and yes,I agree to the points mentioned by Zohaib and others.

I was too pleasantly surprised to see the automatic ramp to take the trolley back to the car very easily.
              The size of the store is big,though may be smaller than Big Bazaar of GIP but is good enough to stop you going to GIP for this .

Well stocked and easy to store.Good Gentry.

Suggestions from my side:

1) ATM
              2)Some more options for kids and ladies to eat-Say ice cream section for eating.and more options to snack if not a dinner kind of option.This will make people spend more time inside the store
              3)Surely more security to discourage goons
              4)Boards to point buyers to wash rooms.I didn't see any in the B1
              5)Not too much to suggest further improvements at this stage

Comment

Mr.priyadarshi

I suggest pls fill their feedback and it over direct to store manager or if he says put it in suggestion box

From my side...i am adding all suggestions from various sources incl. This forum into a draft and will send it to my friend who is respl. For lease of this store and he will pass it to top management in calcutta next weekend.

Usually 2-3 weekend footfalls...a clear pattern emerges....

Enjoy

Comment

I am not sure but i have been told that as a part of customer feedback....each and every bill is being stamped with Store managers name and mobile number.

I strongly suggest that gnoida residents who visit this hypermart, do give ur feedback or suggestions.

As senior management is personaly nvolvolved for approx. A month....

Comment

Thanks all,
                    The best thing there was that no need to go to Ansal's lift. Stupid mall has just 3 lifts and those too don't have a syncing software, so everytime we have to push all the buttons.

For spencer we needn't to go to the mall at all, just use the escalator go to the spencers and come back without going to those damned lifts.
                    Nice job spencer

Comment

The point raised by mr.sangal.....has been my favourite feature of the hypermart...and i personally congratulated the people respl. For same.

Ansal mall is a very poorly designed, operated and managed mall.....and over the period of time has completely lost footfall from the upper middle, educated class.

The design of hypermart approach ensures the biggest negative of mall is sidelined

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X