http://epaper.hindustandainik.com/

Seems now there some proof in the so called rumors of Metro going from City Center, Sector 50,82, 93, Expressway ......
Read more
146 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I wish the metro takes that route insted of heading towards Noida extn as some people are speculating, however the article has not mention of the proposed alignment. Or did I miss something?

CommentQuote
  • Can you please copy paste from the link?

The info is not there on the current page.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by marketbuzz
    Can you please copy paste from the link?

The info is not there on the current page.

Take the "Hindustan" Paper Hindi Edition ... its there on 3rd Page as Noida News... though on website they show Delhi Page.. Will Scan the news and let you know
    CommentQuote
  • its greater noida metro !

but this is about greater noida metro. also looks like the plan is to run on standard gauge rather than standard according to this article. which means noida metro can not enter greater noida! Strange is nt it?
    CommentQuote
  • Next Metro stop: Greater Noida to Nehru Place
    Post Comment Larger | Smaller
    Pragya Kaushika
    Tags : metro, delhi
    Posted: Friday , Mar 05, 2010 at 0112 hrs
    NOIDA/Greater NOIDA:

Discussion
    Blogs
    Maya,s poster smeari... - By Ashok K Gupta
    Bharat ratna for sac... - By V.K.Das
    Too much greed is a ... - By CK Raju Thrissur
    Yet another excuse - By Aditi Bhattacharya
    Whose economy mr. pc - By KVSKumar
    Lahore bomb blast - By Varind
    We want action and t... - By rajkumar

The convenience the Delhi Metro has brought to those who commute from Noida to the Capital has prompted the development authorities of Noida and Greater Noida to expand the Metro beyond Sector-32.

Plans are now afoot to extend the connectivity to Greater Noida and further link areas of Ghaziabad like Indirapuram and Nehru Place in Delhi with Greater Noida.

The chairman and CEO of Noida Authority, Mohinder Singh said the authority board has approved the extension of Metro route till Noida Sector-62.

The interchanging of trains will be at the Sector-32 station —- at present the last Metro station on the route. “The board members of both the development authorities have decided that the Metro route which will be extended to Sector-62, will also connect Ghaziabad and Delhi in future,” added the CEO.

The nearly 29-km Metro route will be extended to Ghazipur on NH-24 and further to Indirapuram.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by blueskyliner
    I wish the metro takes that route insted of heading towards Noida extn as some people are speculating, however the article has not mention of the proposed alignment. Or did I miss something?

ow there some proof in the so called rumors of Metro going from City Center, Sector 50,82, 93, Expressway ......
    BlueSkyLiner thats a post from you on the metro! :O

Bhai tu badal gaya!

Anyways i saw the above article on Indian Express but strongly feel that its only to boost the RE in the Noida GR Noida area and will fade off like the Jewar and Rly Station. Earlier the proposal said 5 stations on the Sector 50 - Pari Chowk route and now it says 29 Km and 22 stations.

I strongly feel (though I wish I am wrong) its another story that will soon fade off!

Bhai tu badal gaya!

Anyways i saw the above article on Indian Express but strongly feel that its only to boost the RE in the Noida GR Noida area and will fade off like the Jewar and Rly Station. Earlier the proposal said 5 stations on the Sector 50 - Pari Chowk route and now it says 29 Km and 22 stations.

I strongly feel (though I wish I am wrong) its another story that will soon fade off!
    CommentQuote
  • here is the article from hindustan
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • This is not a a story and would not fade off.

UP Govt has made some money selling huge number Noida GHP plots and now there is less scope of further milking Noida as the supply of land (GHP's) is limited in Noida.

Now, in the next 3 years, where would more money come from? Obviously, Greater Noida. Hence, the Noida - Greater Noida project would start soon.

Higher-up's must have, by now, bought acres and acres of land around the final Metro route and would make billions in the next 3 -4 years.
    CommentQuote
  • I haven't changed a bit :D. My idea is not to slam Metro but talk on FACTS.

Even on this posting I indicated that this article still doesn't tell us what route the Metro will take so lets no speculate about that.

Metro to G Noida - Known

Metro to G Noida, WHEN - UnKnown

Metro to G Noida, ROUTE - UnKnown

The issue I have is that every builder in Noida claims that Metro is somewhere near their project, most of the people fall for it and then come and report it on the forum which further misleads other people.

I have not seen a single authorized document that lays out the route plan for Metro to G Noida. However people have claimed to seen some PDF document for the proposed plan. My question to all these people is that do you really think it is worth falling for these tricks?

You are right, these articles and unauthorized floating maps are only to increase the RE prices and well people continue to fall for it!!

Bhai tu badal gaya!

CommentQuote
  • Sanjeev bhai you need to travel on the express way to greater noida once..... if you see anything but vacant land = occupied land in noida let me know. Noida mein abhi bahut zameen hai bhai.... kahaniya aati raheningi! (Still hope I am wrong)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by blueskyliner
    I haven't changed a bit :D. My idea is not to slam Metro but talk on FACTS.

Even on this posting I indicated that this article still doesn't tell us what route the Metro will take so lets no speculate about that.

Metro to G Noida - Known

Metro to G Noida, WHEN - UnKnown

Metro to G Noida, ROUTE - UnKnown

The issue I have is that every builder in Noida claims that Metro is somewhere near their project, most of the people fall for it and then come and report it on the forum which further misleads other people.

I have not seen a single authorized document that lays out the route plan for Metro to G Noida. However people have claimed to seen some PDF document for the proposed plan. My question to all these people is that do you really think it is worth falling for these tricks?

You are right, these articles and unauthorized floating maps are only to increase the RE prices and well people continue to fall for it!!

I currently live bang opposite a metro station in Delhi. But still prefer to use my own car considering the over crowded trains. The metro is no doubt a boom for many but how many people who can afford a 60 Lakh flat would actually dispose of their cars and take the metro??? Specially with the mindset we north Indians have.....(may be my personal opinion but feel its true with my own exp.)
    CommentQuote
  • True. Not aligning to anyone's personal opinion, but the fact is till date I too didn't found metro a very good means of transport. It’s the last resort to travel to any location. Anyways I found I rarely need it. For office I use cab and for any other place I use my car (except in case when I didn't found parking a great problem at destination).

May be if DMRC think off to improve quality of metro in future (by making corporate ties, increase capacity, improve seating, providing WIFI connectivity, personal entertainment, non-stop routes…), metro could help cater transport needs of all section of society. But till date the fact is metro is not able to project itself as an alternate to our existing means of transport (and that's why ppl still use road transport/cars/cabs to even move to those places where they can alternatively reach by metro).

So if metro is near to your flat then it's one of the advantage, but definitely it is not one of the D' advantage.

Also as seen from past experience political entities tries to use these kind of news to move market as per their needs. e.g. "Greater Noida Airport" thing. So no one can and should make decisions based on future govt plans until these plans are finalized and funds are released to implement them.
    CommentQuote
  • There are two things

1. This news happens to be in Hindi Edition of Hindustan and nowwhere else ( not in english version also) ...I dont know if its a gimmick or what ... but it clearly mentions the sectors on the route..... has anybody more info on this...

2. Its apersonal opinion of anyone to use the Metro or not but I have used Metro and its a blessing for many many Commuters.... They are overcrowded ( in Office Hours)..no doubt but this itself proves the Utility.. I lived in Noida and I prefer'd going to Places like CP, KArol Bagh, via metro ...

Metro is evolving in Delhi and surely its a great means of transport for ppl even if he lives in 60 LAkh Flat.....
    FAR FAR better than Bus n Auto................nyday nytime
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gat_prakash
    There are two things

1. This news happens to be in Hindi Edition of Hindustan and nowwhere else ( not in english version also) ...I dont know if its a gimmick or what ... but it clearly mentions the sectors on the route..... has anybody more info on this...

2. Its apersonal opinion of anyone to use the Metro or not but I have used Metro and its a blessing for many many Commuters.... They are overcrowded ( in Office Hours)..no doubt but this itself proves the Utility.. I lived in Noida and I prefer'd going to Places like CP, KArol Bagh, via metro ...

Metro is evolving in Delhi and surely its a great means of transport for ppl even if he lives in 60 LAkh Flat.....
    FAR FAR better than Bus n Auto................nyday nytime

Prakash bhai, like I said earlier its only my personal opinion. Metro no doubt is a faster mode of transport, but will people really dispose their cars and considering the volume the metro now imagine what will happen when we have 100000+ new appartments? I am saying its crowded today what about two years down the line?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vishal1880
    Prakash bhai, like I said earlier its only my personal opinion. Metro no doubt is a faster mode of transport, but will people really dispose their cars and considering the volume the metro now imagine what will happen when we have 100000+ new appartments? I am saying its crowded today what about two years down the line?

Agreed... Metro can't replace Cars, Cabs but will surely provide an alternative....

And the question of being Overcrowded ... well we can't help ...... Now Noida authority is only selling GHP ..in the great interset of people :p...So Two years down the line ... GO by Metro or GO by Car ..... You will have ample company :D

cant help that bosss......
    CommentQuote