http://epaper.hindustandainik.com/

Seems now there some proof in the so called rumors of Metro going from City Center, Sector 50,82, 93, Expressway ......
Read more
Reply
146 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Think about road as well whn we have 1Lakh aprtments

    Originally Posted by vishal1880
    Prakash bhai, like I said earlier its only my personal opinion. Metro no doubt is a faster mode of transport, but will people really dispose their cars and considering the volume the metro now imagine what will happen when we have 100000+ new appartments? I am saying its crowded today what about two years down the line?



    Sorry frds, getting into ur interesting discussions but i cudn't resist from asking one question to you :-)

    Like you said to Prakash what wud happen to metro when we have 100000+ new apartments then my question is think what wud happen to road traffic when we have these 100000 + new aprtments.

    I think metro is a great help/alternative of road transport.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by blueskyliner
    I wish the metro takes that route insted of heading towards Noida extn as some people are speculating, however the article has not mention of the proposed alignment. Or did I miss something?



    ow there some proof in the so called rumors of Metro going from City Center, Sector 50,82, 93, Expressway ......
    Almost one year ago the following news was all over the news papers. (Wait for one more year for the next update (dont be too surpised if the news is similar and words change)

    Expressindia » Story

    Greater Noida charts own Metro route

    Font Size -A +A
    Pragya Kaushika

    Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 2349 hrs IST
    Print Email To Editor Post Comments


    Most Read Articles Related Articles

    BJP chief whip s it out: 70% of MPs opp...At FS talks, Pak said call in Ministers next...Beach trial highlights Dubai cultural di...‘Bad influence’: Pak board bans Yousuf, Youn...BMC won’t pay, channels won’t show Sachin adBJP chief whip s it out: 70% of MPs opp...Now, schools, colleges to issue domicile cer...
    18 cracks spotted in 3 Metro corridors





    Ghaziabad Plan to extend Noida line from Sector-32 to Pari Chowk, then enter Greater Noida, say officials

    The Greater Noida Authority has decided to extend the Metro rail connection from Noida to Greater Noida.
    The proposal was discussed in detail at a meeting held on Tuesday between officials of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and the Noida and Greater Noida Authorities. “We discussed the detailed project report of the proposed Metro rail link made by engineers and senior officials. We are now preparing a blueprint for furthering Metro connection in Gautam Budh Nagar district,” a senior Greater Noida Authority official, who was present in Tuesday’s meeting, said.
    At present, DMRC’s phase-two plan in Noida comprises a seven-kilometre stretch from the Delhi border to Sector-32 city centre in Noida. There are six stations on the line, expected to be opened by later this year.
    According to a senior Greater Noida Authority official, the proposed Metro line to Greater Noida would have another five stations in Noida before connecting to Greater Noida at Pari Chowk. “The five more stations in Noida are planned at Sector-50, Sector-78, Sector-101, Sector-82, and Sector-92,” the official said.
    The official said the five new stations till Pari Chowk, along the proposed extension, will cover a distance of 29 kilometres in Noida. “After the Metro enters Greater Noida, the corridor will stretch up to 35 kilometres,” the official said. “The location of stations in Greater Noida will be finalised by an experts’ panel.”
    According to the official, the Noida and Greater Noida Authorities have put the estimated cost for the proposed Metro facility at Rs 4,000 crore.
    Additional Chief Executive Officer of the Authority, P N Batham, said at present there are plans to have eight stations once the Metro enters Greater Noida.
    DMRC spokesperson Anuj Dayal said, “The Greater Noida Authority has asked us to prepare a detailed project report (DPR) as there are plans to come up with an airport express link from Noida’s Sector-32 to the proposed international airport in Greater Noida (at Jevar). We have to prepare the terms of reference to prepare the DPR.”

    Fact sheet
    5 additional stations in Noida
    29 additional km in Noida
    8 stations proposed in Greater Noida
    35 km stretch in Greater Noida
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by coke_indian
    Sorry frds, getting into ur interesting discussions but i cudn't resist from asking one question to you :-)

    Like you said to Prakash what wud happen to metro when we have 100000+ new apartments then my question is think what wud happen to road traffic when we have these 100000 + new aprtments.

    I think metro is a great help/alternative of road transport.

    Hi Coke (is it Coca Cola wala Coke or Coke wala Coke?)

    Well roads will be pathetic but their are plans that my actually be executed (sector roads on both sides of the Eway) new under passes most of the roads in the city have become signal and those that arent are in the process widening of the Okhla Barrage (Sarita Vihar Bridge) the biggest bottle neck will be the the area from Mahamaya to Sector 14A. This should some how still manage the increase in the traffic (the Noida Delhi link road is being made signal and the proposal for east - west express way (connceting Akshardaham to Rajouri Garden) has been approved.

    However, the point here is not to say weather the metro is good or bad, it undoubtably is a boon, however the capacity can only be inceased by 50% making 6 coaches inplace of the existing 4 and thats it.......
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by coke_indian
    Sorry frds, getting into ur interesting discussions but i cudn't resist from asking one question to you :-)

    Like you said to Prakash what wud happen to metro when we have 100000+ new apartments then my question is think what wud happen to road traffic when we have these 100000 + new aprtments.

    I think metro is a great help/alternative of road transport.

    Hi Coke (is it Coca Cola wala Coke or Coke wala Coke?)

    Well roads will be pathetic but their are plans that my actually be executed (sector roads on both sides of the Eway) new under passes most of the roads in the city have become signal and those that arent are in the process widening of the Okhla Barrage (Sarita Vihar Bridge) the biggest bottle neck will be the the area from Mahamaya to Sector 14A. This should some how still manage the increase in the traffic (the Noida Delhi link road is being made signal and the proposal for east - west express way (connceting Akshardaham to Rajouri Garden) has been approved.

    However, the point here is not to say weather the metro is good or bad, it undoubtably is a boon, however the capacity can only be inceased by 50% making 6 coaches inplace of the existing 4 and thats it.......
    CommentQuote
  • Obviously Coke wala Coke

    Originally Posted by vishal1880
    Hi Coke (is it Coca Cola wala Coke or Coke wala Coke?)

    Well roads will be pathetic but their are plans that my actually be executed (sector roads on both sides of the Eway) new under passes most of the roads in the city have become signal and those that arent are in the process widening of the Okhla Barrage (Sarita Vihar Bridge) the biggest bottle neck will be the the area from Mahamaya to Sector 14A. This should some how still manage the increase in the traffic (the Noida Delhi link road is being made signal and the proposal for east - west express way (connceting Akshardaham to Rajouri Garden) has been approved.

    However, the point here is not to say weather the metro is good or bad, it undoubtably is a boon, however the capacity can only be inceased by 50% making 6 coaches inplace of the existing 4 and thats it.......



    Hi Vishal1880(Year - 1880 main borned Vishal or 18th day in 1980 main borned Vishal),

    I was just concerned about thinking similar scenario as you mentioned to Prakash.

    Thanks any way !
    CommentQuote
  • 18th of 1980..... now whats ur reply :P
    CommentQuote
  • My Reply :-)

    Originally Posted by vishal1880
    18th of 1980..... now whats ur reply :P


    This is a personal information and can be misused. In foreign countries revealing any kind of personal information is prohibited.

    And since you know as per this forum discussions, we live in a very unsecured area(Noida - Crime Capital) where people get killed and families are victimized . So pls remove it if this is ur real dob :p

    I hope nobody wud mind since thats only on a lighter note :-)

    (My individual views about Noida are not as mentioned above)

    Regards !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vishal1880

    However, the point here is not to say weather the metro is good or bad, it undoubtably is a boon, however the capacity can only be inceased by 50% making 6 coaches inplace of the existing 4 and thats it.......

    Hi,
    Sorry to barge in :)
    But you are wrong. The capacity can be increased to much more than 400%
    Now the trains have 4 coaches which can be extended to 8.
    Now the trains have the frequency of 5-15 min. it can be increased to 90 seconds. You can do the math :)

    Also, the overcrowding that you are seeing right now will get eased off once metro start getting new coaches and trains, which are in shortage now.

    I think with expansion of metro route, its gonna become the primary means of transport in delhi NCR.

    The attitude of people in NCR to show-off their vehicle will slowly leave way once the new generation having much more exposure to the phenomenon of global warming and value of time, replace the old one.
    CommentQuote
  • Guys,

    Irrespective of the fact whether we all shift from cars to metro or not, this is for sure that metro will ease our life in the way or other by providing an additional mean of transport--which is considerable safe and secure!

    Also, from real estate point of view this will definately add to infrastructure development, here the proposed route of metro from NOIDA32 to Noida 62 and noida 32 to greater noida will play its role..

    Don't forget metro is now going to connect most of the corners of delhi along with major NCR towns...

    How?..as sector 62 and most part of greater noida will emerging market for MNC offices and with the increasing cost of operations most of the co's planning to shift from cabs to metro( to cut short their travel cost) so metro will play its role ( no doubt its route is of utmost importance)..

    what you say????
    CommentQuote
  • Ok, I am ataching the metro plan of noida-GN here

    As I had written earlier, I am sharing the 4 screenshots of metro approved pdf part of Noida-Gr. Noida (This site dint let me upload this big size:
    Sanctioned Metro Noida-GN-actual plan-DMRC.pdf:Your file of 394.5 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype. )
    sect-50 --> 101 sect noida (adjacent to proposed golf course of authority) -->......

    ... See urself.... If anybody think its fake, check this with DMRC official.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Ok .. Sector 50- Sectr 101... uske baad ka Route ???

    Sent u a PM plzz check ..
    CommentQuote
  • city center to 50, 75, 76 , 101, 104, 110, 82, 91, 137, 142, 144, 145, 146, 147, GN
    CommentQuote
  • how will the metro will go from city center to 50/75/76 via the crossing ahead of sia mandir? i booked in oasis so was thinking how near the metro will be to me
    CommentQuote
  • From 50, it will go from infront of ALok Vihar and so...

    Originally Posted by neerajbhatt
    how will the metro will go from city center to 50/75/76 via the crossing ahead of sia mandir? i booked in oasis so was thinking how near the metro will be to me
    CommentQuote
  • Metro Route City Center to Sector 137

    From the screen shots posted by amagarwal, it appears that Metro would follow the Nalla from Sector 50 till Sector 137.

    I have drawn the route in red color on google map (attached).
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote