Noida extension is the Region of "OVER SUPPLY"

After being FLOODED with Oversupply of Residentials....the region is ALL SET to Oversupply the Commercial also

LETS NOT EVEN TALK ABOUT Societies In Inside.....and project Inside the Region....
But JUST The number of Projects available on MAIN ROADS is Mind boggling
(I am Also CASUALLY Ignoring the Gaur commercila Mall at roundabout which will eventually come up in Big way)- Just talking about Neighborhood Shops arcades

FROM NH24 Side TO GAUR ROUNDABOUT - Apprix 2 kms of main road
Supposedly the most prime traffic movement area......this is the supply

1. Gaur commercial Below GC 17 - Commercial

2. Palm Olympia - HAS a Commercial Zone

3. Exotica DreamVille - HAS a comemrcial Zone

4. Vedantam - HAS a commercial

5. Saya Zion - HAS a commercial

6. Aarza 1 , Aaarza 2 - Pure commercials

7. AVL Street - Pure Commercial

For Simplicity.....lets assume all other floor shops to be garbage....and only consider GROUND FLOOR SHops Only

Approx 2 kms ......Approx 25 Shops on GF average (some have less..some have more...but on average 25 shops can be considered OK)

Thats MORE THAN 150 SHOPS ON GROUND FLOOR ALONE....ONE AFTER ANOTHER....From Pal Olympia TO gaur city roundabout !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEN IF ONE TURNS TOWARDS 130 MTR ROAD......There is a Wide Commercial Belt..... for nearly 2 kms !!!!!

And will have commercial projects like

1. Gaur city mall

2. Regalia emporio

3. Amrapali Golf homes has a Commercial

Then From Gaur roundabout to Gnoida (Old road, Not 130 mtr)

There is

1. Trustone city

2. Airwill inelli city

ETC ETC ETC

In a Nutshell.....

HUGE SUPPLY of Shops also one the way in Noida extension.....

YES Each project has 1000 flats And above...and a Small commercial complex for their daily needs is a good thing......

BUT

Selling at 18000 psf is a different story.....with more than 40% loading.....and Huge Oversupply

Every society DOESNOT Need more than 10-12 shops (each 200-400 sq.ft max) for Daily needs

1. Grocery
2. Milk and Vegetables
3. Chemist
4. Bakery
5. Clinic
6. ATM
7. Sweets
8. Fast Food / take away
9. Salon
10. Stationary
11. Tailor
12. Cosmetics

Is basically what is needed for every society

Are 20-40 shops on average are needed in EVERY COMPLEX ????
Read more
47 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • take reference of Indrapuram area for better understanding about demand supply ration.
    Societies shops on ground floor would sail through easily in the flooded market. I have doubts on the success of so called commercial cum MALLs.
    In Indrapuram there are few Malls but only one Shipra Mall is successful despite being vibrant and having fully packed socities.
    CommentQuote
  • Crossings Republik is another Good example....But indirapuram and Crossings are More or less small area and Sort of Individual sectors
    Small Residential zones

CR commercials are doing very good and so are indirapuram....MOSTLY GROUND FLOOR

But in case of Noida extension.....there are projects One after the other.....for Kms at a stretch...and Not to forget the COMMERCIAL BELT to be developed along 130 mtr expresssway from Gaur roundabout

As far as Malls are concerned.....My Thumb Rule....ANY BUILDER SELLING MORE THAN 40% (Limit) of his inventory is going to screw the investor and end user alike.....Brands want hassle free lease agreements...they dont wnt to deal with 10 investors for a 4000 sq.ft requirement

In Noida extn I have noticed....the Builder is Not making Daily needs maret (not more than 15 shops required) BUT dozens of shops intended to be sold at much higher rates (on top of 45% loading)

Many Builders have even bribed the Authority to convert Residentials to Commercials....(Unlaunched towers, etc)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Cookie
    take reference of Indrapuram area for better understanding about demand supply ration.
    Societies shops on ground floor would sail through easily in the flooded market. I have doubts on the success of so called commercial cum MALLs.
    In Indrapuram there are few Malls but only one Shipra Mall is successful despite being vibrant and having fully packed socities.

And since you have raised this topic of Indirapuram...I have a few questions....

1. Apart from Shipra sun city....which society in Indirapuram has Max. number of Flats

2. Does it have a Commercial, if yes...then how many shops it has

I dont have Solid info about Ghaziabad...so would like to understand the scenairo....also if u have any idea about CR...do answer same for CR also....

It wuld be very interesting for me...to keep that in mind....when comapring Comemrcials in Noida - Gnoida region

Thnx
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by zohaib2012
    And since you have raised this topic of Indirapuram...I have a few questions....

1. Apart from Shipra sun city....which society in Indirapuram has Max. number of Flats

2. Does it have a Commercial, if yes...then how many shops it has

I dont have Solid info about Ghaziabad...so would like to understand the scenairo....also if u have any idea about CR...do answer same for CR also....

It wuld be very interesting for me...to keep that in mind....when comapring Comemrcials in Noida - Gnoida region

Thnx

Jaipuria Sunrise and Aditya Mega City have commerical and Malls both.
    Guar city 2nd largest after Suncity and have 3 level huge commercial.

What I have observed in all societies, shops on ground floor are doing good.
    I have not been CR since long time. However, in CR there are less supply of commercial shops comparatively. Biggest residential society I dont remember the name, assotech,Prateek etc have no dedicated commerical in CR.
    CommentQuote
    Jaipuria Sunrise and Aditya Mega City have commerical and Malls both.
    Guar city 2nd largest after Suncity and have 3 level huge commercial.

What I have observed in all societies, shops on ground floor are doing good.
    I have not been CR since long time. However, in CR there are less supply of commercial shops comparatively. Biggest residential society I dont remember the name, assotech,Prateek etc have no dedicated commerical in CR.

In CR the commercials are very SMARTLY planned....
    Thats what I was pointing at

Not every society has a commercial

The commercials are connected to soceities with an EXCELLENT netwrok of Footpaths....I have not seen such well laid out footpaths this side of NCR

One can walk from society to commercial and back very safely...and comfortbaly

This concept SHOULD BE followed by new sectors and cities like Gnoida....

Also I didnt undersatnd.....So Aditya Mega city has the Highest number of flats in Indirpuram (leaving aside shipra sun city ) ?????

If Yes....how mnay flats approx

If No....then which society has...and how many flats they have (approx)

I will go and visit and study it
    CommentQuote
    In CR the commercials are very SMARTLY planned....
    Thats what I was pointing at

Not every society has a commercial

The commercials are connected to soceities with an EXCELLENT netwrok of Footpaths....I have not seen such well laid out footpaths this side of NCR

One can walk from society to commercial and back very safely...and comfortbaly

This concept SHOULD BE followed by new sectors and cities like Gnoida....

Also I didnt undersatnd.....So Aditya Mega city has the Highest number of flats in Indirpuram (leaving aside shipra sun city ) ?????

If Yes....how mnay flats approx

If No....then which society has...and how many flats they have (approx)

I will go and visit and study it

See
    I dont know much and can explain as a normal observer. check on google earth to get the rough idea about density.
    Don't forget Suncity may be a big township but has maximum numbers G+3 floors.
    CommentQuote
    Noida extension is the Region of "OVER SUPPLY"

After being FLOODED with Oversupply of Residentials....the region is ALL SET to Oversupply the Commercial also

LETS NOT EVEN TALK ABOUT Societies In Inside.....and project Inside the Region....
    But JUST The number of Projects available on MAIN ROADS is Mind boggling
    (I am Also CASUALLY Ignoring the Gaur commercila Mall at roundabout which will eventually come up in Big way)- Just talking about Neighborhood Shops arcades

FROM NH24 Side TO GAUR ROUNDABOUT - Apprix 2 kms of main road
    Supposedly the most prime traffic movement area......this is the supply

1. Gaur commercial Below GC 17 - Commercial

2. Palm Olympia - HAS a Commercial Zone

3. Exotica DreamVille - HAS a comemrcial Zone

4. Vedantam - HAS a commercial

5. Saya Zion - HAS a commercial

6. Aarza 1 , Aaarza 2 - Pure commercials

7. AVL Street - Pure Commercial

For Simplicity.....lets assume all other floor shops to be garbage....and only consider GROUND FLOOR SHops Only

Approx 2 kms ......Approx 25 Shops on GF average (some have less..some have more...but on average 25 shops can be considered OK)

Thats MORE THAN 150 SHOPS ON GROUND FLOOR ALONE....ONE AFTER ANOTHER....From Pal Olympia TO gaur city roundabout !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEN IF ONE TURNS TOWARDS 130 MTR ROAD......There is a Wide Commercial Belt..... for nearly 2 kms !!!!!

And will have commercial projects like

1. Gaur city mall

2. Regalia emporio

3. Amrapali Golf homes has a Commercial

Then From Gaur roundabout to Gnoida (Old road, Not 130 mtr)

There is

1. Trustone city

2. Airwill inelli city

ETC ETC ETC

In a Nutshell.....

HUGE SUPPLY of Shops also one the way in Noida extension.....

YES Each project has 1000 flats And above...and a Small commercial complex for their daily needs is a good thing......

BUT

Selling at 18000 psf is a different story.....with more than 40% loading.....and Huge Oversupply

Every society DOESNOT Need more than 10-12 shops (each 200-400 sq.ft max) for Daily needs

1. Grocery
    2. Milk and Vegetables
    3. Chemist
    4. Bakery
    5. Clinic
    6. ATM
    7. Sweets
    8. Fast Food / take away
    9. Salon
    10. Stationary
    11. Tailor
    12. Cosmetics

Is basically what is needed for every society

Are 20-40 shops on average are needed in EVERY COMPLEX ????

Very good capture of information. Thanks zohaib2012.

Why it should have only groceries and consumables? Any why to have TOO NARROW vision - to meet the need of residential complexes.

Think big.

It is poised to be a big business/office complex. Without jobs and earning opportunities any area is DOOMed. Like GK (Greater Noida) is developing forever. Even retired people get sick and tires of being there.

GNW around Gaur Chouk is likely to become location with one of the best infrastructure.
    ~ Roads (130m wide , 60m wide). Currently widest recognized road is less that 100m wide with 26 lanes)
    ~ Metro, so that people from other places could reach Gaur Chouk
    ~ There are some world class apartments being developed (Gaur Saunderum, Saya Zion, ...). There are many other apartments being developed.
    ~ Shopping centers, many
    ~ Office complexes, many
    ~ Hopeful to have some hospitals and educational institutions

Since it will have middle and upper middle class population, hopefully they can make a good, rather great place to live.

(Note: I have lived in Ottawa, Tokyo, Stockholm, San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, Dallas, New Jersey, New Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Noida, etc... We owned home in USA and Canada. I have understanding of real estate of India, USA, Canada and Sweden.)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dhundhun
    Very good capture of information. Thanks zohaib2012.

Why it should have only groceries and consumables? Any why to have TOO NARROW vision - to meet the need of residential complexes.

Think big.

It is poised to be a big business/office complex. Without jobs and earning opportunities any area is DOOMed. Like GK (Greater Noida) is developing forever. Even retired people get sick and tires of being there.

GNW around Gaur Chouk is likely to become location with one of the best infrastructure.
    ~ Roads (130m wide , 60m wide). Currently widest recognized road is less that 100m wide with 26 lanes)
    ~ Metro, so that people from other places could reach Gaur Chouk
    ~ There are some world class apartments being developed (Gaur Saunderum, Saya Zion, ...). There are many other apartments being developed.
    ~ Shopping centers, many
    ~ Office complexes, many
    ~ Hopeful to have some hospitals and educational institutions

Since it will have middle and upper middle class population, hopefully they can make a good, rather great place to live.

hahaha..

What you are saying appears to me like it will even surpass NOIDA in excellency. :bab (45):
    world class apartment hahaha Jaypee will be feeling the heat certainly :o

Greater noida west is full of hopeless builders specially builders who are developing commercials
    CommentQuote
    hahaha..

What you are saying appears to me like it will even surpass NOIDA in excellency. :bab (45):
    world class apartment hahaha Jaypee will be feeling the heat certainly :o

Greater noida west is full of hopeless builders specially builders who are developing commercials

I have lived in Ottawa, Tokyo, Stockholm, San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, Dallas, New Jersey, New Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Noida, etc... We owned home in India, USA and Canada. I have understanding of real estate of India, USA, Canada and Sweden.

Your comments are inappropriate, specially if you are moderator. How many places you have lived and experienced?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dhundhun
    I have lived in Ottawa, Tokyo, Stockholm, San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, Dallas, New Jersey, New Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Noida, etc... We owned home in India, USA and Canada. I have understanding of real estate of India, USA, Canada and Sweden.

Your comments are inappropriate, specially if you are moderator. How many places you have lived and experienced?

I can't imagine how you can mention these NE societies/commercials as world class after comparing them with Developed countries cities?;)
    Forget outside india, It will be insult even if you can compare them with Chandigarh ( main).
    CommentQuote
  • I am not a (DALLA in local language). I am telling from my experience with living and visiting places around the world.

This is one of the places I lived (office cum residence). I get idea of World Class from this type of places. Within a KM, Nobel Prize Head Office is located. On other side, within a KM, Palace is located. This place is prime tourist attraction.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hindustan
    I can't imagine how you can mention these NE societies/commercials as world class after comparing them with Developed countries cities?;)
    Forget outside india, It will be insult even if you can compare them with Chandigarh ( main).

I lived 5 years in main Chandigarh. I have no reasons to insult any place in the world, it is the way you interpret and that interpretation is not correct. Chandigarh will always stand tall among best cities in India. And that does not stop other cities from coming up.

I am looking 5-10 years ahead. You are most likely to find this place much different. Right now, truly speaking GNW in not even in infancy.

This thread might be eye-opener to many. I was thinking of writing the same, but did not have enough time for that. Again thanks to zohaib2012 for this thread.
    CommentQuote
  • I think, people have to be prepared to see smart cities coming up in India. They have to be ready to accept the fact that others started living in places better than them.

In 10 years, India could have 5-10 smart cities offering better condition that any place today in India. Any they will be world class.

I have seen how people get frustrated, how people get mad, when things change. One of my friends came to Canada on work. He is vegetarian. He lost balance of mind, when he found that cauliflower is expensive that Chicken and then he was sent back. Those days in India, cauliflower was Rs 2 a piece and chicken was Rs 40 a Kg. In Canada cauliflower was $3 a piece and chicken was $2 a Kg. Those days, when you came to Canada, be prepared that chicken will be cheaper than cauliflower, otherwise you can't survive.
    CommentQuote
  • My point is,To make any city smart, Planning is needed. With residential & commercials there is also need to plan roads,parks, schools, hospitals, Offices (SEZ) , water. electricity, Police stations to cope with the needs of people.
    But as per current scenario in NE, authority focusing only on selling land for residential/ commercials to builders.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hindustan
    My point is,To make any city smart, Planning is needed. With residential & commercials there is also need to plan roads,parks, schools, hospitals, Offices (SEZ) , water. electricity, Police stations to cope with the needs of people.
    But as per current scenario in NE, authority focusing only on selling land for residential/ commercials to builders.

Answer to your question is in Politics. Mr. Prime Minister has promised several smart cities (100s). He has to show report card in 5 years. The report card has to have Smart Cities. To meet count on smart cities, some of the existing cities has to be upgraded to smart cities. If you look at opening post of this thread, GNW fares one of the best chance. Read that part carefully.

Which places can be upgraded to Smart Cities quickly and with least investment?

I think, list is expected this month. Also, visit Pragati Maidan between May 22-25, 2015, there is exhibition for this.
    CommentQuote