Recently over telephonoc discussion someone was telling me story about Yamuna Expressway plot. Almost all property dealers had applied in this scheme and got lucky also.
They took numbers of those unsuccessful allotee from YEA and start sending SMS that if you want to buy plot then pay double premium and take it from me.
The person who was unsuccessful in draw thought oh I lost it.... Rate on Yamuna Expressway now got tripled. He start making mind to buy there and start looking for brokers/succesfull allotees.Then again those brokers come in picture and said I can sell you for only double rate not triple.
So the person thought I am making a killing and geting it only at double price.
Since the orignal allotee paid only booking amount,he made handsome profit and without any further investment make an early exit as he very well know actual story.
And the greedy person who given his all saving in black as premium to broker in anticipation that will apply for loan and pay for plot now in trouble as lot of bank not giving loan for that plots because possession is after 4 years.
Yamuna Expressway authority also seems helped these broker by allowing plot transfer with a fee.
So moral of story never believe market rate as it is always hyped in most cases.Apply in these scheme and make early exit whith maximum profit in percentage term.
From end user point NOIDA/NOIDA Extn Real estate market seems best prices are stable and for investers Gurgaon is best as still in Gurgaon project getting launched at 2600 and within one month reached 3250.
Beware these kind of projects as this is nexus of builder/broker/big investers to create hype and force you to buy at 3250 or buy in resale market from those who bought at 2600.

Comments invited from those who have invested in YEA plots or those who bought in resale. Also let me know is it true or it's really going on..
Read more
81 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I agree it's Lottery. YEA authority revised rate at 5500/sqr meter. So probably I will give chance next time when YEA open scheme.

But shall not buy at 7000. At max 5500. Buying at 7000 is risk.
    But applying next is not much risk:

Reason : Suppose application cost is 1.5 lakh

YEA gives 6 month to pay next installment. By that time sell it or if find out it's a wrong investment just do not pay anything YEA will deduct 10 or 20% and will return money.
    If buyig at 5500 and get chance to exit at 7000 still it's good return.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chandra2034
    I agree it's Lottery. YEA authority revised rate at 5500/sqr meter. So probably I will give chance next time when YEA open scheme.

But shall not buy at 7000. At max 5500. Buying at 7000 is risk.
    But applying next is not much risk:

Reason : Suppose application cost is 1.5 lakh

YEA gives 6 month to pay next installment. By that time sell it or if find out it's a wrong investment just do not pay anything YEA will deduct 10 or 20% and will return money.
    If buyig at 5500 and get chance to exit at 7000 still it's good return.

Buying a lottery is , 100% risk. in RE or for that matter in any investment it is not recommended. RE investments have to be considered for 3-5 yrs minimum. these type of short terms gimmicks can be better played in stock market and are less risky comparatively.. eg investing in a bluechip is less risky than investing in Yea to gain some quick bucks in 6-12 months.
    CommentQuote
  • Saurabh, RE is a poor form of pure investment. It is a good investment if you put your family's residential and business interests also into it.

Which makes it totally personal and local. Broad generalisations are difficult.

Digvijay, I totally agree on YEA - an investors game, has no relevance for end user at all.

Munish, YEA plot is not a lottery because the unsuccessful applicant gets his money back. Still you can say It is like a lottery in the sense that 100 will apply, 1 will get it and 99 will waste their time and effort and get nothing in return.
    CommentQuote
  • Yamuna expressway plots to be "liveable" will take 15 years or maybe even
    20 years.
    For a region to have a sizeable population..one needs residents...thats usually in appartments (owners or tenants)...Untill unless a lot of appartments are built and sold off...donot expect people in that area.

Greater Noidas top location Pari chowk areas Plot areas are lying AT LEAST 70% vacant..Nri city plots, ansal golf links, swarn nagri
    They will take around 8-10 years more to have a sizeable population...Yamuna expressway plot areas are long long away

Greater noida airport...will remain in PAPERS...

Yamuna expressway will be the highlight..its service lanes are 4-6 lanes...making the connectivity excellent, but doesnt mean the area will be liveable

F1 will also add a Marketing value to the region..even though it may not add much at ground level...but for sure a great marketing tool

Night safari...will remain in PAPERS

IT Parks opposite Gautam buddha university will also add to some push to the area..but i am certain that people working there will prefer to live in Gnoida.

So basically for Yamuna expressway region to see some "liveable" conditions and some population...one has to wait for following regions to be out of reach for end users:
    1. Noida expressway
    2. Greater noida region

Now this will take easily 15-20 years.

Its a NO NO for an end user trying to make a house for living...but YES YES for someone who wants to keep a plot for next genaration use..time frame of atleast 15 years.

I would like someone to shed light on the following Private Plotted developments in that region:

1. Supertech...Notoriuos builder...poor execution...is it safe???
    2. SDS...No idea about this builder...is it safe ???
    3. Jaypee...Good location and expect F1 next door..seems safe...any comments ???

Even though this is not in the region but someone told me about Ansal Megapolis which DOESNT come under Gnoida but on its border...just 7-8 kms from pari chowk and will have the metro coming close by (as gnoida metro is approved to come near boraki railway line)
    Price is cheap too..around 12k per sq yard or so...I have just heard about it from a few friends....Can anyone shed light on this as well

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • About SDS

it is the one who is making NRI residency, sec 45, Noida.
    Once I Went there (sec 45) on a bike, aah! the area is so dirty, even slum dwellers would puke. I lost my way due to the smell!
    this is not relevent Yamuna EWay, but given me an idea about the builder SDS.
    CommentQuote
  • JP plots rates

JPs recent plots rates from a broker
    CommentQuote
  • anyone booked in sds, jaypee or supertech plots ??

any idea about progress on above

also if anyone could shed light on ansal megapolis plots...i know the area is unreachable now..but any news related to it???
    CommentQuote
  • yes one of my cousin bought supertech plot 100sq for 17,50,000 all inclusive

but i dont like the valuation of supertech or jp plots(yamuna expressway) keeping in mind that greater noida is far far better for investment if one wants to invest rather than going into such plots where nothing is going to happen in the next 3 years & even after 5 to 6 years when some apprecation may be there it may not be a good 1

in my opinion supertech & jp plots r highly over valued
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by simsim
    yes one of my cousin bought supertech plot 100sq for 17,50,000 all inclusive

but i dont like the valuation of supertech or jp plots(yamuna expressway) keeping in mind that greater noida is far far better for investment if one wants to invest rather than going into such plots where nothing is going to happen in the next 3 years & even after 5 to 6 years when some apprecation may be there it may not be a good 1

in my opinion supertech & jp plots r highly over valued

Thanx for info...i absolutely agree...no comments on investment point of view...but for an end user to even think of living there...it will be around 15 years.

Greater noida today is a 10 year development and many many sectors in proper locations (within 3-4 kms from pari chowk) are lying vacant...

Jaypee plot is expensive and has high maintenance also...around 20 rs per sq. yard per month.

Whats the status of SDS plots...and does anyone has any idea about ansal megapolis...

Thanx in advance
    CommentQuote
  • Last year in July 09, one of relative bought Unitech Plot in Greator NOIDA, I guess in Sec Mu.

Plot Size 192 srd Total price in CLP is almost 34 lakh inclusive everything.

I guess Unitech Unihome plots are 6km from Pari chowk.
    CommentQuote
  • Unitech has a very bad reputation in Gnoida...it has many projects..

Unitech heights, cascade, horizon, capella, uniworld, habitat, unihomes

And none of them has been completed..and i visited the area few days back...all are as it is...and no sign of any progress

But if thats the rate he got in Greater Noida city...its quite good...i have seen the location..its near a lot of appartments.mostly unitech...so whenever unitech revives its projects/..the area will have population coming in...making the area liveable fast.

Anyone has any idea about this projects latest price ????
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by zohaib
    Unitech has a very bad reputation in Gnoida...it has many projects..

Unitech heights, cascade, horizon, capella, uniworld, habitat, unihomes

And none of them has been completed..and i visited the area few days back...all are as it is...and no sign of any progress

But if thats the rate he got in Greater Noida city...its quite good...i have seen the location..its near a lot of appartments.mostly unitech...so whenever unitech revives its projects/..the area will have population coming in...making the area liveable fast.

Anyone has any idea about this projects latest price ????

Zohaib, 80% flat buyers in NOIDA/GN don't believe in low density etc..
    Main Objective is connectivity and key distance from already existing location like Office/Airport/Rly-Station/School/Delhi.

Now when NOIDA itself have 1 Lakh+ flat + another 1.5 lakh in NE who will move to Greator NOIDA in Flats until not working in Greator NOIDA ?

So, so many GHP launched in NOIDA have redcuced chances of new flats in Main Greator NOIDA.
    But land is land and always appericate... not flats.

I don't think any future of buying flats in main G.N until they are resonably cheap than NOIDA. But plots will always command high value in GN.

GHP in GN which are already in construction will complete but new launches...will be limited to Expressway in GN and also price will be like NE. Lot of builders who have complete projects in GN still giving adv in paper for ready to move flats..

But buying plot in GN has great potential. Bajaj sahab have given one example of Faridabad Nahar paar :

Flats are selling at lower price than launch price but plot giving 5 times return.

Same will be the case with GN for another few years. Situation will improve when Metro will come to Greator NOIDA and common people can avoid KILLER Expressway for daily commute probably by 2020.
    CommentQuote
    Zohaib, 80% flat buyers in NOIDA/GN don't believe in low density etc..
    End Users always want a low density project, a project which has less density is always in demand

Main Objective is connectivity and key distance from already existing location like Office/Airport/Rly-Station/School/Delhi.
    There are 2 aspects of distance...kms and time.
    You can travel from Pari chowk to India gate sooner than from Gurgaon

Appartments along Noida expressway if using service lane will take more time to reach railways station and airport.
    But in terms of kms..will be around 10 kms less than Gnoida.

Now when NOIDA itself have 1 Lakh+ flat + another 1.5 lakh in NE who will move to Greator NOIDA in Flats until not working in Greator NOIDA ?
    Greater Noida is an Education hub and many Office spaces in construction in the city

Moreoevr People working on Noida expressway will also be interested in Gnoida..as one could live in a proper city..with all facilties incl. schools, commercials, malls, hospitals ready and just 5-10 mins drive from their offices
    .Not to forget the excellent road network and the most beautiful city of NCR

So, so many GHP launched in NOIDA have redcuced chances of new flats in Main Greator NOIDA.
    But land is land and always appericate... not flats.
    Depends on location of Land...Many areas have seen higher appreciation for flats than land.
    Noida will appreicate faster than Gnoida...and this trend will continue

I don't think any future of buying flats in main G.N until they are resonably cheap than NOIDA. But plots will always command high value in GN.
    Most of the Nuclear families will be interested in Appts not Govt. Plots. With more office spaces...the number of small families moving in city will increase who prefer to live in appartments.

GHP in GN which are already in construction will complete but new launches...will be limited to Expressway in GN and also price will be like NE. Lot of builders who have complete projects in GN still giving adv in paper for ready to move flats..
    Without a doubt the main action of appartments will be Noida expressway and Greater noida new sectors (so called noida extension). There are many ready to move in appartments in Gnoida city, the issue is that they are well spaced out in various sectors.
    People in India simply have just got used to seeing projects concentrated in one area.

But buying plot in GN has great potential. Bajaj sahab have given one example of Faridabad Nahar paar :
    Faridabad is a seperate market than greater noida.
    Nahar par area is terrible for end users

Flats are selling at lower price than launch price but plot giving 5 times return.
    5 Times return in Greater Noida Plots...Not now....pls recheck
    but definately if you get a property in govt scheme..lottery..expect a 20% raise within a month

Same will be the case with GN for another few years. Situation will improve when Metro will come to Greator NOIDA and common people can avoid KILLER Expressway for daily commute probably by 2020.

Metro is planned to be on by 2013 and as far as avoiding Killer expressway is concerned..its the problem in whole of Delhi NCR.
    Delhi Blueline Buses kill more than 100 people every year.
    Gurgaon expressway killed around 100 people last year

I am certain you are an Investor and Not an end user

Requirements for an end user and Investor are very different.

-My friend bought an appt in Jamia in Delhi and made 300% profit in 3 years. But its a nightmare for an end user

Its not necessary that an area which gives maximum returns also gives you the best standards for End Use

I would suggest kindly specify your suggestions for "Investor" or "End Users" as many people who are new to Real estate may follow the wrong suggestions.

To conclude:

1. For Investment purpose...Noida expressway has a good potential in Noida , Greater Noida region...Delhi and Gurgaon are always good for short term investors

2. Govt. Plots are best for investment..safest....give max gains

3. Greater Noida is an excellent place for an END user who has work in Greater Noida, Noida expressway, Noida SEZ region...Anyone who works in Delhi, travels a lot by airport...should NOT buy in Gnoida for END USE

This is my personal opinion and spl. for END USERS
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with you all points.

End User :
    1. Rich End user
    2. Middle class end user having budget of upto 30L

You always talk about Rich end user. I written about middle class.

Metro : 2013.... 3 year 3 month left..
    My projection : Add atleast 3 years becuase it's India.

Low density : I live in USA and all these dream shown by builder in India already exist here.
    http://www.fcgov.com/ City where I live. Have 4-5 Golf course, 8-10 tennis court within 10 miles and atleast 50 children park. All these developed by city not private builders. And you can buy a 3 BHK well built home for 250k USD (Rs. 1.15 crore) built on .5 acre land and home loan is just 5% fixed for 30 years.

Why I am writing it here : I feel that real estate is becoming much more costlier in India than developed countries like USA.

Most of golf course are free for public, but I never played...I don't know how to play. Tennis court I go sometimes.

The day an honest government will come in India, Indian RE will crash by 50% if they start tracking original owner and soruce of income. But I am talking about hypothetical situation. Nothing will happne in real so enjoy.
    CommentQuote
    I agree with you all points.

End User :
    1. Rich End user
    2. Middle class end user having budget of upto 30L

You always talk about Rich end user. I written about middle class.
    Middle class Service class if buys govt plots in Greater Noida for End use will have problems. Appartment complexes work because of Middle class service class with nuclear families

I try to give general comments relating more to advantages in a location not necessarily for rich end user.

I still maintain that If anyone has office in NEPZ, noida expressway, Greater Noida region...buy in Pari chowk region...for END USE and you will get best value for money all facilties. in pari chowk one has property between 25 lakhs (2 bedroom under construction) to upto 8 crores (estate homes Jaypee greens greater noida)...

But if you work in Delhi or use airport, railways too often...pls donot consider it...

Metro : 2013.... 3 year 3 month left..
    My projection : Add atleast 3 years becuase it's India.
    2013 thats the projection by DMRC...all paperwork is over...No land , political or finance issues... implementation is left and due to construction on empty lands, DMRC themselves have claimed that they will be able to complete in 2013

Low density : I live in USA and all these dream shown by builder in India already exist here.
    http://www.fcgov.com/ City where I live. Have 4-5 Golf course, 8-10 tennis court within 10 miles and atleast 50 children park. All these developed by city not private builders. And you can buy a 3 BHK well built home for 250k USD (Rs. 1.15 crore) built on .5 acre land and home loan is just 5% fixed for 30 years.

Why I am writing it here : I feel that real estate is becoming much more costlier in India than developed countries like USA.

Thats because India is not developed like them, where people have better standards of living in a Small town than Delhi.
    India is the most populated country in the world and i am certain wil remain so forever....The cities which have proper facilties and JOBS are grossly limited:
    1. North India ...Only DELHI NCR
    2. South India....Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore
    3. West India / Central India: Bombay
    4. East India...Calcutta

Thats total 6 cities which offer good job oppurtunities and Good basic facilites like Education, Medical, etc etc

Most of golf course are free for public, but I never played...I don't know how to play. Tennis court I go sometimes.

You cannot compare markets in USA and India AT ALL.
    For simple reasons:

1. There are very few cities in India which have access to good schools, hospitals, jobs.
    In the whole of North India (most dense region of India..with population probably more than whole of USA)..You have just One City with Good Jobs...Delhi NCR...and every other facility which one needs to raise a family...good schools, colleges,etc etc..but the main factor is Jobs. There is Only one international airport (proper one) in Delhi NCR only...I donot see any region challenging this Region in another 50 years at least.

2. If you think Delhi NCR market is high then i am sure you will get a major shock if you see the pigeon holes in the middle of slums sold for 2 crores in Bombay....

The day an honest government will come in India, Indian RE will crash by 50% if they start tracking original owner and soruce of income. But I am talking about hypothetical situation. Nothing will happne in real so enjoy.

Honest govt....that will NEVER HAPPEN...

CommentQuote