Dear All,

If any body has any information on this project, please share it in the forum
Read more
891 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I agree , that is why i said GCx. rd. is a different ball game , but properties of good builders , which r right on NH8 , would have more advantages than GCx. rd. , which has more of a snob value . People who r discerning enough , would differentiate between snob value & convenience of living.

Originally Posted by tinesha
    I hv read expert opinion in the newspaper & according to him Golf Course Extension will be best place to live in coming years as this area will be developed from Ground ZERO....
    CommentQuote
  • In India , we go by perceptions , most of us have 'herd mentality' & snob value really counts. A typical "newly become rich" Punjabi Puttar would opt for GCx. rd. , but a discerning buyer , who has seen it all , would opt for a good property on NH .

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    I agree , that is why i said GCx. rd. is a different ball game , but properties of good builders , which r right on NH8 , would have more advantages than GCx. rd. , which has more of a snob value . People who r discerning enough , would differentiate between snob value & convenience of living.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    In India , we go by perceptions , most of us have 'herd mentality' & snob value really counts. A typical "newly become rich" Punjabi Puttar would opt for GCx. rd. , but a discerning buyer , who has seen it all , would opt for a good property on NH .

Yes but GC Extn will have high class gentry which is just impossible in New Gurgaon.....
    CommentQuote
  • I agree 100 % with u . GC Extn. rd. would be one of the best , but " NOT THE BEST " places to live with high class gentry & real high snob value . My point is that it would get real tough competition from good properties of NH .

Originally Posted by tinesha
    Yes but GC Extn will have high class gentry which is just impossible in New Gurgaon.....
    CommentQuote
  • But doe sit make sense to buy on NH 8 3700 when yiu can get properties 4500 on ext road....

Also u can ven get built up properties on the ext road like vatika in and around 5000+.....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tinesha

After reading all the posts silently on Godrej thread, I somewhat agree with Tinesha that given a location, price, society, surrounding infrastructure, brand, Commercial/Retail around the project.... Golf Course Xtn projects would score heavily against somewhat secluded Godrej upcoming project.

After all, in RE we run only for location first and then talk about other facilities around project and specifications of project. I still feel it will take at least 10 years for the area around Godrej project to come into limelight. Whereas on GCx road we have world class projects from DLF, Emmar and M3M and commercial establishment.

Godrej project would only be good for end users with a strategy of buy-hold-use rather than investors wanting to cash out after a year of launch. With the kind of investment the project is commanding it is better to pick up Emmar or DLF projects already under construction for the same returns.
    CommentQuote
  • Buying Godrej at 3550/3700 is definitely better than going for the newly launched CHD/Tulip/Today's at 3600-3700. I do not think anybody has doubts on this.

Amit001 , u r again doing un equal/wrong comparisons. Vatika stands nowhere in front of Godrej on Brand value , quality etc. etc..

Good properties on NH would attract similar , if not better , but more discerning clientele , in times to come.
    CommentQuote
  • I am not comparing vatika with Godrej...I am saying that the location advantage with course extn road over NH 8 is so much...

Good developer is on ething and location is another....

If NH 8 was such a good location why DLF was not able to see its projects, despite of being the best brand name...

While comparing we shud nt just look at the developer..i believe location shud be given 60% weightage and developer should be given 40% weightage in the decision....

In godrej people are giving 70% weightage to developer and only 30-40% weightage to location and price...

which does not seem right to me....

People can differ me on this....
    CommentQuote
  • amit2222 , the point is that many people prefer living in a place which is aloof & still near to all amenities ( me , being one of them ) .

GCx. rd. would be a concrete jungle in times to come & NH would offer something different to the discrete buyers.

When all Sector roads develop in a few years , distance between properties on NH & GCx. rd. is hardly going to be a fifteen minutes drive.

So , NH8 properties would have the best of both the worlds ie .. being secluded & away from the concrete jungle , but yet a few minutes drive to them.

Originally Posted by amit2222
    After reading all the posts silently on Godrej thread, I somewhat agree with Tinesha that given a location, price, society, surrounding infrastructure, brand, Commercial/Retail around the project.... Golf Course Xtn projects would score heavily against somewhat secluded Godrej upcoming project.

After all, in RE we run only for location first and then talk about other facilities around project and specifications of project. I still feel it will take at least 10 years for the area around Godrej project to come into limelight. Whereas on GCx road we have world class projects from DLF, Emmar and M3M and commercial establishment.

Godrej project would only be good for end users with a strategy of buy-hold-use rather than investors wanting to cash out after a year of launch. With the kind of investment the project is commanding it is better to pick up Emmar or DLF projects already under construction for the same returns.
    CommentQuote
  • DLF could not sell , because it tried to act ahead of the times. There was no demand for property on NH , a few years back. Did u ever think of going for a Vipul or Bestech or something similar in Sector 81 & plus , a few years back. Prices of 3000 plus were unimaginable for these sectors , a few months back .

The issue is that most of us get stuck in our limited visions ( that's true for me too , i am no visionary ) & we realize on the missed opportunities & cry on the spilled milk later. I see good builder properties , which r right on NH8 developing into something big , in times to come .

Originally Posted by amit001
    I am not comparing vatika with Godrej...I am saying that the location advantage with course extn road over NH 8 is so much...

Good developer is on ething and location is another....

If NH 8 was such a good location why DLF was not able to see its projects, despite of being the best brand name...

While comparing we shud nt just look at the developer..i believe location shud be given 60% weightage and developer should be given 40% weightage in the decision....

In godrej people are giving 70% weightage to developer and only 30-40% weightage to location and price...

which does not seem right to me....

People can differ me on this....
    CommentQuote
  • Also, note that HUDA has decided to pay DLF few hundred crores for relaying the entire GCx road looking at the condition of road because of last month's heavy downpour and Huda unable to carry out work themselves on priority.

One Haryana Minister has met E Sreedharan to bring forth Metro on the GCx road faster before the timeline because of greater scope of RE activities in that area uptil Manesar. The deadline suggested was in 2015.

Second, may be end users can think about Bestech Park View Spa on Sohna road if they are going for bigger sizes like what Godrej offers and comparable quality of construction.

---------

Manoj, I am also a person who would love to be far from crowd. Might not live on hills of shimla ;-) yet aravalis in Gurgaon offer the same view except the pleasant weather which Shimla has. :-)

Coming back to Godrej, I am having a high regard for the company. Somehow I still feel the project is priced a way to high. If they would have launched 2 months ago when this thread was created by you the price would have been closer to 3000 and it would have been coined as killer project. Good amount of money would be left on table to make by investors even if the project has a lock in period. No questions on quality or commitment of Godrej behind the project, but when compared with other project just for the investment sake, there are still equivalent options around.

SIMSIM on 19-08-10
    "earlier they were expecting to launch 2700/ sft but now thanks to some crazy demand in real state we may have a hard time to get the desire flat 2700/sft B.S.P

i still feel they will going to give a good & a fair deal for all users "

TINESHA ON 20-08-10
    "This project should be interesting only at lower price say around 2700-2800 . Moreover we should be ready to pay 40 to 50 % within 6 months as construction will start within 3 months of launch date. There are not many people ready for such payment in that area.. "

"Good 4 end users who are looking 4 early possession . Resale for short term investors can be a problem as upfront will be too high.. "

ON 25-08-10
    "
    This project is worth buying around 2700 keeping in view this is old fail project of Frontier Group . Anything above Godrej will find it hard 2 sell...."
    MANOJ ON 26-08-10
    "A price of 3200/3300 plus would lead to a rethink on the project, whether to invest here or not ?"

AMITMM ON 26-10-2010
    "while this is not entirely baseless and the fundamentals/potential is there in long term in short term it has definately affecting the base pricing of projects.
    while we are debating the fair price to be 27-2800 the builder/investor lobby has quitely pushed it up.
    I expect now no project to come in below 3200. ( the prelaunch price may be 3000 for very limited supply).
    while this is unfortunate for the user, we will have to accept it and adjust our mindset/investment viewpoint accordingly.
    having said so i so hope to be proved wrong and see godrej/bestech at 2800 levels'

MANOJ 0N 27-08-2010
    "The price of Godrej is almost confirmed as 3400 psf less 100 (inaugural discount). I do not think this to be a good price, for investment."

Tinesha on 27-08-10
    "At this price coupled with bigger sizes in that location , They will find very hard to sell .....:D"

gargk on
    02-09-10
    "I think Emmar is available at 3600; certainly better location then Godrej..Not sure is it worth going for Godrej 3400... "

Manoj, if I may ask you the rationale behind re-evaluating this project with a price of 3550 in just a matter of 2 months..... BEWARE buddy....
    Market is overheated ... you might get struck here..
    CommentQuote
  • You are right Manoja,

Its abt the vision..there are thre kind of going arnd in the market

1. People who want to stick to main gurgain as thet believe that being part of main Gurgain will be very privledged thing in time to come and do not want to move to new gurgaon (I belong to this one)

2. People who are betting on NH 8 and share youe vision about the area...there are good chances that it will be tru...question is of time

3. Dwarka Expressway supporters like DURB

Real estate is about taking the bet..so..it could be either of the three visions which will give the maximum returns...

I just feel that people are going crazy bat godrej coz of its brand and due to teh fact that there are no other good projects in gurgain right now from company directly...

on a standalone basis i believe its a slightly above average investment with a time horizon of 1-2 years but with peolke having 3+ years time horizon it may turn out to be very good depending on how the area shapes up

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    DLF could not sell , because it tried to act ahead of the times. There was no demand for property on NH , a few years back. Did u ever think of going for a Vipul or Bestech or something similar in Sector 81 & plus , a few years back. Prices of 3000 plus were unimaginable for these sectors , a few months back .

The issue is that most of us get stuck in our limited visions ( that's true for me too , i am no visionary ) & we realize on the missed opportunities & cry on the spilled milk later. I see good builder properties , which r right on NH8 developing into something big , in times to come .
    CommentQuote
  • I agree it wud have been a killer 3000-3200

But definately not at 3700

Also, note that HUDA has decided to pay DLF few hundred crores for relaying the entire GCx road looking at the condition of road because of last month's heavy downpour and Huda unable to carry out work themselves on priority.

One Haryana Minister has met E Sreedharan to bring forth Metro on the GCx road faster before the timeline because of greater scope of RE activities in that area uptil Manesar. The deadline suggested was in 2015.

Second, may be end users can think about Bestech Park View Spa on Sohna road if they are going for bigger sizes like what Godrej offers and comparable quality of construction.

---------

Manoj, I am also a person who would love to be far from crowd. Might not live on hills of shimla ;-) yet aravalis in Gurgaon offer the same view except the pleasant weather which Shimla has. :-)

Coming back to Godrej, I am having a high regard for the company. Somehow I still feel the project is priced a way to high. If they would have launched 2 months ago when this thread was created by you the price would have been closer to 3000 and it would have been coined as killer project. Good amount of money would be left on table to make by investors even if the project has a lock in period. No questions on quality or commitment of Godrej behind the project, but when compared with other project just for the investment sake, there are still equivalent options around.

SIMSIM on 19-08-10
    "earlier they were expecting to launch 2700/ sft but now thanks to some crazy demand in real state we may have a hard time to get the desire flat 2700/sft B.S.P

TINESHA ON 20-08-10
    "This project should be interesting only at lower price say around 2700-2800 . Moreover we should be ready to pay 40 to 50 % within 6 months as construction will start within 3 months of launch date. There are not many people ready for such payment in that area.. "

"Good 4 end users who are looking 4 early possession . Resale for short term investors can be a problem as upfront will be too high.. "

ON 25-08-10
    "
    This project is worth buying around 2700 keeping in view this is old fail project of Frontier Group . Anything above Godrej will find it hard 2 sell...."
    MANOJ ON 26-08-10
    "A price of 3200/3300 plus would lead to a rethink on the project, whether to invest here or not ?"

AMITMM ON 26-10-2010
    "while this is not entirely baseless and the fundamentals/potential is there in long term in short term it has definately affecting the base pricing of projects.
    while we are debating the fair price to be 27-2800 the builder/investor lobby has quitely pushed it up.
    I expect now no project to come in below 3200. ( the prelaunch price may be 3000 for very limited supply).
    while this is unfortunate for the user, we will have to accept it and adjust our mindset/investment viewpoint accordingly.
    having said so i so hope to be proved wrong and see godrej/bestech at 2800 levels'

MANOJ 0N 27-08-2010
    "The price of Godrej is almost confirmed as 3400 psf less 100 (inaugural discount). I do not think this to be a good price, for investment."

Tinesha on 27-08-10
    "At this price coupled with bigger sizes in that location , They will find very hard to sell .....:D"

gargk on 02-09-10
    "I think Emmar is available at 3600; certainly better location then Godrej..Not sure is it worth going for Godrej 3400... "

Manoj, if I may ask you the rationale behind re-evaluating this project with a price of 3550 in just a matter of 2 months..... BEWARE buddy....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit2222
    Also, note that HUDA has decided to pay DLF few hundred crores for relaying the entire GCx road looking at the condition of road because of last month's heavy downpour and Huda unable to carry out work themselves on priority.

---------

SIMSIM on 19-08-10

TINESHA ON 20-08-10

ON 25-08-10
    "
    MANOJ ON 26-08-10

AMITMM ON 26-10-2010

MANOJ 0N 27-08-2010

Tinesha on 27-08-10

gargk on
    02-09-10

If I hv to invest 85L than I will buy on Golf Course Extn Road only as Address & High gentry locality is very important for keeping high profile in life . I wish I had flat on Golf Course / M G Road........

CommentQuote
  • I have been saying all along that corrections can happen anytime. One has to stick to the best of the builders/ good builders with a good location , to be on the safer side , but most of these prices r here to stay. Godrej is one of the best builders & location is excellent .

In the last 2-3 months , prices of GCx. rd. , Sohna rd. & Sectors 81 plus & many others have seen a jump in prices varying from 300/400 psf to 700/800 psf (approx.).

As i said earlier , when all Sector roads develop in a few years , distance between properties on NH & GCx. rd./Sohna rd. is hardly going to be a fifteen minutes drive. So , is there any objective rationale on the price difference between properties on GCx. rd. & NH , except the repeated reasons of GCx. being exclusive , with the best of builders & the rest of the blah, blah & counter reasoning already been given by me.

The rationale behind the shift on Godrej is very simple . We sitting here in the forum do not set the market or the prices. We can have endless discussions on the prices , but the market times it itself & sets the price . If u do not go with it , it could be the case of an opportunity lost . U have to be careful on the builder & the location .

---------

SIMSIM on 19-08-10

TINESHA ON 20-08-10

ON 25-08-10
    "
    MANOJ ON 26-08-10

AMITMM ON 26-10-2010

MANOJ 0N 27-08-2010

Tinesha on 27-08-10

gargk on
    02-09-10

CommentQuote