Dear All,

If any body has any information on this project, please share it in the forum
Read more
891 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :

• When we started debating this project than Godrej was talking of 60L all inclusive , Now it is 85L......
    CommentQuote
  • This could be the issue. I do not think it was Godrej talking on any price or at least i did not see any statement on the price by Godrej ( i could be wrong on this. If anybody has any statement of Godrej on the price front , please post it here ).

It was our preconceived notions talking on the price & now when something higher came up , its a bit difficult to digest , for all of us.

Originally Posted by tinesha

When we started debating this project than Godrej was talking of 60L all inclusive , Now it is 85L......
    CommentQuote
  • Does anybody know the Lock in period for Godrej roject .

We have lot of rumours abt one year or 30% of the BSP.

Does anybody know for sure ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    This could be the issue. I do not think it was Godrej talking on any price or at least i did not see any statement on the price by Godrej ( i could be wrong on this. If anybody has any statement of Godrej on the price front , please post it here ).

It was our preconceived notions talking on the price & now when something higher came up , its a bit difficult to digest , for all of us.

In the complete dicussion, I guess we have forgot to discount the fact thet this project is JV of Godrej-Frontier and not solely a Godrej Project... And also when same class builders are avialble at much cheaper rate just 4-5 km away ( DLF and Anant Raj in Manesar M-1) at much lower price, and if I can travel 15 Kms. I wont mind travelling 20 Kms. too, I dont find this project as a value proposition..

..Gaurav
    CommentQuote
  • I understand , it is 6 months or 30% of the BSP , whichever is later.

Originally Posted by tarung
    Does anybody know the Lock in period for Godrej roject .

We have lot of rumours abt one year or 30% of the BSP.

Does anybody know for sure ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gaurav_chugh
    In the complete dicussion, I guess we have forgot to discount the fact thet this project is JV of Godrej-Frontier and not solely a Godrej Project... And also when same class builders are avialble at much cheaper rate just 4-5 km away ( DLF and Anant Raj in Manesar M-1) at much lower price, and if I can travel 15 Kms. I wont mind travelling 20 Kms. too, I dont find this project as a value proposition..

..Gaurav

Moreover I personally feel as Left hand side of NH8 in Gurgaon commands a premium over right hand side. It would be opposite in New Gurgaon as the main residential area, Manesar and SEZ's in New Gurgaon is on of right side...

For me I would think that Vipul is a steal at 2850/2900 just opposite to Godrej may be 1 Km inside... but I cant just give 30-35% premium only on the builder name(Godrej) knowing that Vipul also have a decent name too...

I feel the high rates of Godrej would be enjoyed by the people invested in other projects rather than Godrej because Godrej is not leaving anything on table for Short Investors but the gap of price between Godrej and other projects will put a high opportunity cost on Godrej and benefit for near by projects.
    CommentQuote
  • Manoj.... baby I love you. You have been so very helpful to all of us. Therefore I am a bit concerned about you. Forget about everything and just evaluate the project as a businessman who wants to get ROI.

With the kind of money this project (I am omitting the brand "Godrej" for reasons above), I would definitely recommend you to invest in plots whereby you pay 10% every year like people used to do earlier on their PPF account.

Wait for DLF plots in Sec 73.... also heard that DLF is coming up with projects in Noida and Sonepat (they have a plot behind Jindal project). You have serious of launches in Gurgaon before Diwali. Rest your choice. But at least be prepared to pay until possession if u decide to invest in Godrej for a meaningful appreciation (keep in mind that the new buyer would pay a minimum 45% more than the total cost coming out now, it wud be hard).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gaurav_chugh
    Moreover I personally feel as Left hand side of NH8 in Gurgaon commands a premium over right hand side. It would be opposite in New Gurgaon as the main residential area, Manesar and SEZ's in New Gurgaon is on of right side...

For me I would think that Vipul is a steal at 2850/2900 just opposite to Godrej may be 1 Km inside... but I cant just give 30-35% premium only on the builder name(Godrej) knowing that Vipul also have a decent name too...

I feel the high rates of Godrej would be enjoyed by the people invested in other projects rather than Godrej because Godrej is not leaving anything on table for Short Investors but the gap of price between Godrej and other projects will put a high opportunity cost on Godrej and benefit for near by projects.

I agree. Good comparison Gaurav, at least on map coordinates.
    CommentQuote
  • amit , thanks for the concern . I see a minimum return of 400 to 600 psf in the next six to nine months , from Godrej & i feel that it would satisfy the businessman in me.

Mind u , i have still not got a confirmed booking in Godrej , but it looks a pretty good investment to me.

& yes , my next investment target is DLF plots in Sector 73 , but i am still evaluating the pros & cons of the location .

Originally Posted by amit2222
    Manoj.... baby I love you. You have been so very helpful to all of us. Therefore I am a bit concerned about you. Forget about everything and just evaluate the project as a businessman who wants to get ROI.

With the kind of money this project (I am omitting the brand "Godrej" for reasons above), I would definitely recommend you to invest in plots whereby you pay 10% every year like people used to do earlier on their PPF account.

Wait for DLF plots in Sec 73.... also heard that DLF is coming up with projects in Noida and Sonepat (they have a plot behind Jindal project). You have serious of launches in Gurgaon before Diwali. Rest your choice. But at least be prepared to pay until possession if u decide to invest in Godrej for a meaningful appreciation (keep in mind that the new buyer would pay a minimum 45% more than the total cost coming out now, it wud be hard).
    CommentQuote
  • What difference does it make if this project is JV of Godrej-Frontier and not solely a Godrej Project. Do u think Godrej would get associated to a wrong product to taint its image ? It looks like a real silly reason for not investing in this project.Anant Raj is a good builder , no doubt , but Anant Raj is also about to revise the prices to 3000/3100 & at that price it would no longer be cheap . DLF, Manesar has not much takers , since it has he stigma of a failed project attached to it

Originally Posted by gaurav_chugh

..Gaurav

I do not understand , what u r trying to say here. Godrej is right on the NH & Vipul is about 1.5 Kms. inside. There is absolutely no comparison on the location . Vipul & Godrej , r poles apart on Brand image . Vipul is pretty decent too (no doubts on that , but it is at the best , a B class builder) . On the quality front , Vipul is far behind .

U r talking of a price differential of 11 to 13 L ( considering a 1800 sq. feet apartment ) between the two. Since , clientele for both would be totally different & and for an discrete end user looking for a brand name & the best of location & quality , that is not a huge differential.

CommentQuote
  • I have confirmed news that Godrej is launching the project tomorrow (24th October) at a closed location with some real estate agents. The rate is Rs. 3,700 (too much for that location).

Instead of professionally launching the project, they have chosen to do the booking in a few rooms booked by them in a small Gurgaon Hotel.

There are investors who would just jump in and book flats but intelligent end users should stay away from such exorbitant launch price.
    CommentQuote
  • For investment purpose Godrej is good I also think it will give 500(minimum) return in next 3 months.

I invest in property where I can live. I dont like traffic noise specially in night when trucks use power horn, even if you put double glass windows it wont stop 100%. I will invest in NH 8 project which are atleast 500 meter away from NH8.

I am looking for 2BHK(max budget 60L prefer around 50L ) ready to move in apartment to buy for my current need. Any suggestion?
    CommentQuote
  • What difference does it make if this project is JV of Godrej-Frontier and not solely a Godrej Project - Joint venture is with a company which already failed. Do u think Godrej would get associated to a wrong product to taint its image - It would certainly not but statistics says more than 90% mergers and venture fail and the outcome of strategy would only be known with time ? It looks like a real silly reason for not investing in this project. Every one has own perceptions Some might feel silly otherway. Anant Raj is a good builder , no doubt , but Anant Raj is also about to revise the prices to 3000/3100 If thats the case an investor who is not invested in Anant Raj should forget Godrej and go there.. I already mentioned the price gap would be enjoyed by investors of other projects & at that price it would no longer be cheap . DLF, Manesar has not much takers , since it has he stigma of a failed project attached to it - That's just because of timing error and so is the case with Godrej Its a old wine in new bottle.... DLF can also come up with such tactics later ... better invest in that at low price

I do not understand , what u r trying to say here. Godrej is right on the NH & Vipul is about 1.5 Kms. inside You are saying a person would enjoy the travel of15-17 Kms all the way to Godrej and then suddenly would give up to go 1.2 Km further, It doesnt makes difference for me to travel 17 Km or 18.2 Km . There is absolutely no comparison on the location . Vipul & Godrej , r poles apart on Brand image But Vipul has experience In gurgaon . Vipul is pretty decent too (no doubts on that , but it is at the best , a B class builder) . On the quality front , Vipul is far behind May be you haven't experienced their quality I have a friend staying at Belmonte Its truly exceptinal much better than what DLF offers.

U r talking of a price differential of 11 to 13 L -Put the differntial in your pocket.. As a businessman I would do that and try to avoid niche market... Market dynamics can change anytime better be in fast moving market ( considering a 1800 sq. feet apartment ) between the two. Since , clientele for both would be totally different & and for an discrete end user looking for a brand name & the best of location & quality , that is not a huge differential - But Godrej has no neighborhood. It might not be huge for an investor but for an end user that difference is huge. Most of service class people having salary of 15 LPA even wont get a loan of that amount.

In total I don't disagree to your points Its just different point of view of 2 people We think differently thats why we are humans otherwise we would have been computers...
    CommentQuote
  • The price could be 3750 & not 3700 , but still no confirmations on that.

Whether to invest or stay away , is all together a different matter .

But , i agree that these Godrej guys have been really behaving like unethical buffoons .

Originally Posted by abhi
    I have confirmed news that Godrej is launching the project tomorrow (24th October) at a closed location with some real estate agents. The rate is Rs. 3,700 (too much for that location).

Instead of professionally launching the project, they have chosen to do the booking in a few rooms booked by them in a small Gurgaon Hotel.

There are investors who would just jump in and book flats but intelligent end users should stay away from such exorbitant launch price.
    CommentQuote
  • & one more thing , all my comments on properties on NH & its advantages r not Godrej specific , but r for all good properties which r right on NH8 ( in case , somebody missed out on my intentions & takes me as a Godrej broker).
    CommentQuote