Collapse

Godrej Frontier, Godrej Properties, Sector 80, Gurgaon

Last updated: March 15 2018
918 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Godrej Frontier, Godrej Properties, Sector 80, Gurgaon

I have been saying all along that corrections can happen anytime. One has to stick to the best of the builders/ good builders with a good location , to be on the safer side , but most of these prices r here to stay. Godrej is one of the best builders & location is excellent .

In the last 2-3 months , prices of GCx. rd. , Sohna rd. & Sectors 81 plus & many others have seen a jump in prices varying from 300/400 psf to 700/800 psf (approx.).

As i said earlier , when all Sector roads develop in a few years , distance between properties on NH & GCx. rd./Sohna rd. is hardly going to be a fifteen minutes drive. So , is there any objective rationale on the price difference between properties on GCx. rd. & NH , except the repeated reasons of GCx. being exclusive , with the best of builders & the rest of the blah, blah & counter reasoning already been given by me.

The rationale behind the shift on Godrej is very simple . We sitting here in the forum do not set the market or the prices. We can have endless discussions on the prices , but the market times it itself & sets the price . If u do not go with it , it could be the case of an opportunity lost . U have to be careful on the builder & the location .

Originally posted by amit2222 View Post
    Also, note that HUDA has decided to pay DLF few hundred crores for relaying the entire GCx road looking at the condition of road because of last month's heavy downpour and Huda unable to carry out work themselves on priority.

One Haryana Minister has met E Sreedharan to bring forth Metro on the GCx road faster before the timeline because of greater scope of RE activities in that area uptil Manesar. The deadline suggested was in 2015.

Second, may be end users can think about Bestech Park View Spa on Sohna road if they are going for bigger sizes like what Godrej offers and comparable quality of construction.

---------

Manoj, I am also a person who would love to be far from crowd. Might not live on hills of shimla ;-) yet aravalis in Gurgaon offer the same view except the pleasant weather which Shimla has. :-)

Coming back to Godrej, I am having a high regard for the company. Somehow I still feel the project is priced a way to high. If they would have launched 2 months ago when this thread was created by you the price would have been closer to 3000 and it would have been coined as killer project. Good amount of money would be left on table to make by investors even if the project has a lock in period. No questions on quality or commitment of Godrej behind the project, but when compared with other project just for the investment sake, there are still equivalent options around.

SIMSIM on 19-08-10
    "earlier they were expecting to launch 2700/ sft but now thanks to some crazy demand in real state we may have a hard time to get the desire flat 2700/sft B.S.P

i still feel they will going to give a good & a fair deal for all users "

TINESHA ON 20-08-10
    "This project should be interesting only at lower price say around 2700-2800 . Moreover we should be ready to pay 40 to 50 % within 6 months as construction will start within 3 months of launch date. There are not many people ready for such payment in that area.. "

"Good 4 end users who are looking 4 early possession . Resale for short term investors can be a problem as upfront will be too high.. "

ON 25-08-10
    "
    This project is worth buying around 2700 keeping in view this is old fail project of Frontier Group . Anything above Godrej will find it hard 2 sell...."
    MANOJ ON 26-08-10
    "A price of 3200/3300 plus would lead to a rethink on the project, whether to invest here or not ?"

AMITMM ON 26-10-2010
    "while this is not entirely baseless and the fundamentals/potential is there in long term in short term it has definately affecting the base pricing of projects.
    while we are debating the fair price to be 27-2800 the builder/investor lobby has quitely pushed it up.
    I expect now no project to come in below 3200. ( the prelaunch price may be 3000 for very limited supply).
    while this is unfortunate for the user, we will have to accept it and adjust our mindset/investment viewpoint accordingly.
    having said so i so hope to be proved wrong and see godrej/bestech at 2800 levels'

MANOJ 0N 27-08-2010
    "The price of Godrej is almost confirmed as 3400 psf less 100 (inaugural discount). I do not think this to be a good price, for investment."

Tinesha on 27-08-10
    "At this price coupled with bigger sizes in that location , They will find very hard to sell ....."

gargk on
    02-09-10
    "I think Emmar is available at 3600; certainly better location then Godrej..Not sure is it worth going for Godrej 3400... "

Manoj, if I may ask you the rationale behind re-evaluating this project with a price of 3550 in just a matter of 2 months..... BEWARE buddy....
    Market is overheated ... you might get struck here..
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

When we started debating this project than Godrej was talking of 60L all inclusive , Now it is 85L......

Comment

This could be the issue. I do not think it was Godrej talking on any price or at least i did not see any statement on the price by Godrej ( i could be wrong on this. If anybody has any statement of Godrej on the price front , please post it here ).

It was our preconceived notions talking on the price & now when something higher came up , its a bit difficult to digest , for all of us.

Originally posted by tinesha View Post

When we started debating this project than Godrej was talking of 60L all inclusive , Now it is 85L......

Comment

Does anybody know the Lock in period for Godrej roject .

We have lot of rumours abt one year or 30% of the BSP.

Does anybody know for sure ?

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
            This could be the issue. I do not think it was Godrej talking on any price or at least i did not see any statement on the price by Godrej ( i could be wrong on this. If anybody has any statement of Godrej on the price front , please post it here ).

It was our preconceived notions talking on the price & now when something higher came up , its a bit difficult to digest , for all of us.
            In the complete dicussion, I guess we have forgot to discount the fact thet this project is JV of Godrej-Frontier and not solely a Godrej Project... And also when same class builders are avialble at much cheaper rate just 4-5 km away ( DLF and Anant Raj in Manesar M-1) at much lower price, and if I can travel 15 Kms. I wont mind travelling 20 Kms. too, I dont find this project as a value proposition..

..Gaurav

Comment

I understand , it is 6 months or 30% of the BSP , whichever is later.

Originally posted by tarung View Post
              Does anybody know the Lock in period for Godrej roject .

We have lot of rumours abt one year or 30% of the BSP.

Does anybody know for sure ?

Comment

Originally posted by gaurav_chugh View Post
                In the complete dicussion, I guess we have forgot to discount the fact thet this project is JV of Godrej-Frontier and not solely a Godrej Project... And also when same class builders are avialble at much cheaper rate just 4-5 km away ( DLF and Anant Raj in Manesar M-1) at much lower price, and if I can travel 15 Kms. I wont mind travelling 20 Kms. too, I dont find this project as a value proposition..

..Gaurav
                Moreover I personally feel as Left hand side of NH8 in Gurgaon commands a premium over right hand side. It would be opposite in New Gurgaon as the main residential area, Manesar and SEZ's in New Gurgaon is on of right side...

For me I would think that Vipul is a steal at 2850/2900 just opposite to Godrej may be 1 Km inside... but I cant just give 30-35% premium only on the builder name(Godrej) knowing that Vipul also have a decent name too...

I feel the high rates of Godrej would be enjoyed by the people invested in other projects rather than Godrej because Godrej is not leaving anything on table for Short Investors but the gap of price between Godrej and other projects will put a high opportunity cost on Godrej and benefit for near by projects.

Comment

Manoj.... baby I love you. You have been so very helpful to all of us. Therefore I am a bit concerned about you. Forget about everything and just evaluate the project as a businessman who wants to get ROI.

With the kind of money this project (I am omitting the brand "Godrej" for reasons above), I would definitely recommend you to invest in plots whereby you pay 10% every year like people used to do earlier on their PPF account.

Wait for DLF plots in Sec 73.... also heard that DLF is coming up with projects in Noida and Sonepat (they have a plot behind Jindal project). You have serious of launches in Gurgaon before Diwali. Rest your choice. But at least be prepared to pay until possession if u decide to invest in Godrej for a meaningful appreciation (keep in mind that the new buyer would pay a minimum 45% more than the total cost coming out now, it wud be hard).

Comment

Originally posted by gaurav_chugh View Post
                    Moreover I personally feel as Left hand side of NH8 in Gurgaon commands a premium over right hand side. It would be opposite in New Gurgaon as the main residential area, Manesar and SEZ's in New Gurgaon is on of right side...

For me I would think that Vipul is a steal at 2850/2900 just opposite to Godrej may be 1 Km inside... but I cant just give 30-35% premium only on the builder name(Godrej) knowing that Vipul also have a decent name too...

I feel the high rates of Godrej would be enjoyed by the people invested in other projects rather than Godrej because Godrej is not leaving anything on table for Short Investors but the gap of price between Godrej and other projects will put a high opportunity cost on Godrej and benefit for near by projects.

I agree. Good comparison Gaurav, at least on map coordinates.

Comment

amit , thanks for the concern . I see a minimum return of 400 to 600 psf in the next six to nine months , from Godrej & i feel that it would satisfy the businessman in me.

Mind u , i have still not got a confirmed booking in Godrej , but it looks a pretty good investment to me.

& yes , my next investment target is DLF plots in Sector 73 , but i am still evaluating the pros & cons of the location .

Originally posted by amit2222 View Post
                      Manoj.... baby I love you. You have been so very helpful to all of us. Therefore I am a bit concerned about you. Forget about everything and just evaluate the project as a businessman who wants to get ROI.

With the kind of money this project (I am omitting the brand "Godrej" for reasons above), I would definitely recommend you to invest in plots whereby you pay 10% every year like people used to do earlier on their PPF account.

Wait for DLF plots in Sec 73.... also heard that DLF is coming up with projects in Noida and Sonepat (they have a plot behind Jindal project). You have serious of launches in Gurgaon before Diwali. Rest your choice. But at least be prepared to pay until possession if u decide to invest in Godrej for a meaningful appreciation (keep in mind that the new buyer would pay a minimum 45% more than the total cost coming out now, it wud be hard).

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X