Dear All,

If any body has any information on this project, please share it in the forum
Read more
891 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • There's alwasy a doubt when you give a cheque for the booking....thats why i preferred transefrring the money into godrej account instead of giving the cheque....that secures your booking and no hasels following up why the cheque hasn't been cleared....
    CommentQuote
  • yes the booking is confirmed when the check gets debited...
    but from the time you give the check the booking is in your name and its not open to allotment to others...
    thats the standard practice for most companies.

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Most likely Godrej is not going to cancel on any of the bookings , but u have a confirmed booking only after ur. cheque gets debited .

Correct me AmitMM , if i am wrong .
    CommentQuote
  • Yes , agreed , but the builder can always return yr. cheque & allot the unit to somebody else / somebody preferred , if he wishes to. He is not legally bound to give u a unit , at this stage .

Originally Posted by AmitMM
    yes the booking is confirmed when the check gets debited...
    but from the time you give the check the booking is in your name and its not open to allotment to others...
    thats the standard practice for most companies.
    CommentQuote
  • Godrej signing L&T for construction is not true - had a chat with their GM - they are still finalizing between shapurji and L&T - both good builder

I believe the construction period for Godrej will be atleast one year less than emmar mgf (given their past record), hence if you add up the interest cost for one year to the emmar palm hills project the cost per sqft for palm hills might come out to be higher at the time of possession - what say Manoj and Amit ?
    CommentQuote
  • Really cannot comment on this . Emaar Palm Hills construction should be starting by Dec. end/ Jan. next year & both would be using latest construction methods.

Not aware , as to when Godrej is planning to start construction. Maybe , u have an update on that .

Originally Posted by gaurav123
    Godrej signing L&T for construction is not true - had a chat with their GM - they are still finalizing between shapurji and L&T - both good builder

I believe the construction period for Godrej will be atleast one year less than emmar mgf (given their past record), hence if you add up the interest cost for one year to the emmar palm hills project the cost per sqft for palm hills might come out to be higher at the time of possession - what say Manoj and Amit ?
    CommentQuote
  • i think i missed the point. what has price to do with int. cost/const time if you have opted for a const linked plan.
    as far as i understand you tak a loan for x amount. its is disbursed under the const linked plan. you pay it over 'y" years the int is charged on it .
    so how will int cost be lower if the const is faster.:bab (38):
    at best you can save on your rental if you move in.......

Originally Posted by gaurav123
    Godrej signing L&T for construction is not true - had a chat with their GM - they are still finalizing between shapurji and L&T - both good builder

CommentQuote
  • So its this way>>

Case 1- If the construction starts early & completed early….You’ll pay the interest quickly…let’s say 6 lacs disbursement in 3 rd months…so your intt. is on 6 lacs…then from 4th month if you had taken another disbursement of 4 lacs…so your intt.(cumulative) would be on 10 lacs…the sooner you’ll reach near possession that more intt. you are paying…because you are asking more from bank at early stage….whilst, the only benefit, is that you’ll get this offset by rental income…1 year earlier…

Case 2- If the construction starts late & completed late….You’ll pay the interest Slowly…let’s say 6 lacs disbursement in 3 rd months…so your intt. is on 6 lacs…then from 14th month if you had taken another disbursement of 4 lacs…so your intt.(cumulative) would be on 10 lacs…the later you’ll reach near possession that less the burden of intt. you are paying…because you are asking less from bank at early stage….whilst, the only loss, is that you’ll not get this offset by rental income…

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Really cannot comment on this . Emaar Palm Hills construction should be starting by Dec. end/ Jan. next year & both would be using latest construction methods.

Not aware , as to when Godrej is planning to start construction. Maybe , u have an update on that .
    CommentQuote
  • Has any body's check been debited ? Have not heard anything from Godrej after giving them the check. Looks like L&T is not yet finalized .
    CommentQuote
  • Discussion is on for the builder its gonna be either L&T or shapoorji....
    Originally Posted by tarung
    Has any body's check been debited ? Have not heard anything from Godrej after giving them the check. Looks like L&T is not yet finalized .
    CommentQuote
  • So is Godrej waiting on builder to be finalized before debiting checks?
    CommentQuote
  • It seems construction will not start before mid 2011. Posession will be at the earliest mid to late 2013.

Godrej should give it both builders that will promote healthy competition.
    CommentQuote
  • As per the rumors in the market, Godrej which was to start construction within 3/4 months of launching the project , now intends to delay on the construction for some time & encash on the current boom in the market & on the hype created on the project .

God only knows, whether above is correct or just plain rumor mongering .
    CommentQuote
  • Just called Godrej according to them:
    1. Checks were sent yesterday and we should see a debit on our accounts in a day or two
    2. Next payment is due in 45 days from initial application date
    3. Construction is scheduled to start around mid December
    4. Construction contractor could be either L&T or sapruji.

I am not sure how they can begin construction in a month when they have not even finalized the builder
    CommentQuote
  • SKA your update on cheque deposit was correct -

My account just took a 5 Lakh hit
    CommentQuote
  • For all the buyers of GodrejFrontier - I have created the following mail group to keep each other informed of the developments. Please join.

http://groups.google.com/group/GodrejFrontier
    GodrejFrontier
    CommentQuote