Last updated: October 15 2017
1310 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Vipul Lavanya, Sector 81-82, Gurgaon

Agreed....

Sometimes it is difficult to separate between hype and reality

I know some people say price wont come down...

Look the previous cycle ended in 2009, people say it came coz of the recession and market will never correct again it may only stagnate for a very short period of time...

I do not have an answer to this..the way this cycle unfolds in the next 6 months will be a great learning for all of us....the cycle which started in 2003 went on till 2008, now this rally starting in 2009...lets see how far it goes

This rally has tried to reciprocate the previous rally when the prices rose many folds, people say its still early times in the current rally and there still a lot of fire left..one must not forgot 2003-2006 was the inflexion point for india when we burst into the IT scene...that was a shift from one era to another..i dont have the answer as to how the current rally will unfold....

Also I agree to AmitMM that we should not just sit and wait for correction and not buy, its just that in the coming 6 months if somebody has money it may be better to look for value deals in resale as compared to fresh booking

Disclosure - I made 1 3 BHK investment in june and is on the look out for another one

Comment

the first indicators of a slowdown always come from a few numbers which i have learned to keep watch on.

1. figures of industrial/GDP growth
      2. Credit oftake of banks
      3.expansion/hiring plans of industries
      4.increment/bonuses of employees
      ( i dont count stock market until they dip more than 20% and that also not on news events)

i believe as long as these hold ground the market will hold too...

Originally posted by amit001 View Post
      Agreed....

Sometimes it is difficult to separate between hype and reality

I know some people say price wont come down...

Look the previous cycle ended in 2009, people say it came coz of the recession and market will never correct again it may only stagnate for a very short period of time...

I do not have an answer to this..the way this cycle unfolds in the next 6 months will be a great learning for all of us....the cycle which started in 2003 went on till 2008, now this rally starting in 2009...lets see how far it goes

This rally has tried to reciprocate the previous rally when the prices rose many folds, people say its still early times in the current rally and there still a lot of fire left..one must not forgot 2003-2006 was the inflexion point for india when we burst into the IT scene...that was a shift from one era to another..i dont have the answer as to how the current rally will unfold....

Also I agree to AmitMM that we should not just sit and wait for correction and not buy, its just that in the coming 6 months if somebody has money it may be better to look for value deals in resale as compared to fresh booking

Disclosure - I made 1 3 BHK investment in june and is on the look out for another one

Comment

I am not talking about slowdown of the economy i am talking abt a slow down in the real estate cycle....u will agree that there are tons of investors who have bought multiple units with nay intention of paying any further than 20-30%....now there can be too situations as prices have risen so fast

1. there are a new set of investors who are looking to buy from the first set of investors in resale
        2. people feel that the prices are too high and do not buy from the first set of investors, if these investors get stuck, they will end up selling their units at lesser price leading to market wide correction

Coz the market has risen so fast and there are people beleieving that it is not wise to buy at these prices initial investors may not be able to exit....

if there are more people who see that there is still money to be made by buying at these prices the initial investors will be able to exit and party goes on

Comment

true but only to an extent..

first never can the economy be decoupled from RE. RE correction will never happen in a growing economy...

second this time around the market is less leveraged.. as we are scared of correction so are investors...

yes agree the prices can not rise at same rate perpetually so will take a breather and so expect flat market in 2011 and correction not more than 10% and short if at all it happens...

for rally /cycle to break macro economic pointers will have to change downwords..

Originally posted by amit001 View Post
          I am not talking about slowdown of the economy i am talking abt a slow down in the real estate cycle....u will agree that there are tons of investors who have bought multiple units with nay intention of paying any further than 20-30%....now there can be too situations as prices have risen so fast

1. there are a new set of investors who are looking to buy from the first set of investors in resale
          2. people feel that the prices are too high and do not buy from the first set of investors, if these investors get stuck, they will end up selling their units at lesser price leading to market wide correction

Coz the market has risen so fast and there are people beleieving that it is not wise to buy at these prices initial investors may not be able to exit....

if there are more people who see that there is still money to be made by buying at these prices the initial investors will be able to exit and party goes on

Comment

100% agree with u..the market can be flat or 5-10% correction...even if there is a correction people dont buy as they wait for a further correction, so they realise the correction is over only after a the first rally as happned from sep 2009 to jan 2010....

So best option is keep on searching for the right deal...

Comment

I wasnt tracking the RE market when the downturn happened in 2008-2009.
              so qs for ones who were tracking it -

1. did builders reduce the price for existing projects by a certain % when it happened? So if sale were happening at 2500, did newer people get in at rates < 2500?
              Or
              2. did they start offering other free add ons etc?
              3. Were new comparable projects launched at lower prices than prevalent market rates? Eg. if Emaar had launched emerald floors at say 2500, did you see emaar launching emerald floors-2 at 2300?

Pls note that builder names & prices are just examples.

Just trying to understand what a 5-10% drop really means in monetary terms. Is it just resale market or new launches too.

Comment

First on the resale - The resale value/price goes down . As the number of buyers in the market reduces & people wanting to get out of the investments start making desperate sale, the prices start sliding down . The downtrend depends on the severity of the correction, how long does the correction last & correspondingly, the desperation of the investors, looking to exit .

Prices of the new projects r not reduced by the builders ( at least i am not aware of that happening ) . What happens is that builders through the brokers start offering freebies like free garage, free power back up, increased broker discounts etc. etc. So effectively, u may pay less for the same project, if there is correction . Again the extent of freebies, depends on the severity & duration of the correction .

Members, please correct me, wherever, i am wrong & add on points, i may have missed upon .

Originally posted by noobinre View Post

1. did builders reduce the price for existing projects by a certain % when it happened? So if sale were happening at 2500, did newer people get in at rates < 2500?
                Or
                2. did they start offering other free add ons etc?
                3. Were new comparable projects launched at lower prices than prevalent market rates? Eg. if Emaar had launched emerald floors at say 2500, did you see emaar launching emerald floors-2 at 2300?

Just trying to understand what a 5-10% drop really means in monetary terms. Is it just resale market or new launches too.
                Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Originally posted by noobinre View Post

1. did builders reduce the price for existing projects by a certain % when it happened? So if sale were happening at 2500, did newer people get in at rates < 2500?the only two projects i know which reduced prices were DLF belaire and Express Greens manesar. Dont remember the exact % all others did not change prices
                  Or
                  2. did they start offering other free add ons etc? none did that as far as i know
                  3. Were new comparable projects launched at lower prices than prevalent market rates? Eg. if Emaar had launched emerald floors at say 2500, did you see emaar launching emerald floors-2 at 2300? no fresh launch at similar locations were priced higher than the existing ones

the drop is only in resale market... this is more pronounced in plots as there is no benchmark pricing there even in same sector. here also those who are keeping very close tab benefit. others keep waiting for prices to drop further and suddenly prices start moving up again and most are not able cash in on drops.

the only example i know where the prices did not gain and appts are still available at below their launch even after 4/5 yrs is unitech verve in greater noida

Comment

demand letter -- vipul 81

Yesterday I have received demand letter for 3rd installment . It is dated 26th Nov & last date is 8th Dec but we received this courier on 13th dec . I had similar situation for 2nd demand letter also. Is it same situation for other buyers of Vipul Lavanya or there is some bad intention of Vipul management behind this late posting of letters ?

Comment

Talk to the management of Vipul, could be wrong intentions or some bum handling these demand letters .
                      Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Tags: "sector 81"
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X