:bab (59): I have confirmed news that Vipul is coming out with new residential project in sec 81/ 82 in coming days . Do anyone has any information about sizes , price & exact location !

Also I need members advise on short term investment in Vipul in comparision with Bestech .:bab (4):
Read more
1245 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • AmitMM, whats the resale price of Vipul now..any idea u have
    CommentQuote
  • I had an offer of 2900, about a week back . The price looked to be negotiable .

Originally Posted by amit001
    AmitMM, whats the resale price of Vipul now..any idea u have
    CommentQuote
  • till a few days back units were there at 2900. quotes are now inching to 3000 levels seeing the neighborhood prices..

AmitMM, whats the resale price of Vipul now..any idea u have
    CommentQuote
  • AmitMM as we said all these are theoretical prices and not transactions based prices... Somebody offered me 2850 and one 2900 just today
    CommentQuote
  • I wish there was a system in Indian real estate where all the resale transactions are recorded and there was a database where people could check the last few transaction rates for each project...People notionally keep on increasing the prices and the air spreads that the resale prices are inching up....where as there are actually no deal happening at that prices
    CommentQuote
  • I got an offer for 2900 from a forum member, today . Price is negotiable . :)

I wish there was a system in Indian real estate where all the resale transactions are recorded and there was a database where people could check the last few transaction rates for each project...People notionally keep on increasing the prices and the air spreads that the resale prices are inching up....where as there are actually no deal happening at that prices
    CommentQuote
  • i am aware of 2 deals at 2900 which happened nov end...
    wish there was public data reflecting transaction rates but unfortunately such transperency in indian RE is eons away...

AmitMM as we said all these are theoretical prices and not transactions based prices... Somebody offered me 2850 and one 2900 just today
    CommentQuote
  • I agree AmitMM 2900 is the price and there are still deals at that price in the market 25-50 +-
    CommentQuote
  • yes and ppl are already quoting higher... seeing this even the ones ready to sell lower will gradually inch their prices up and soon new rate benchmarks establish.
    i am a firm believer of market efficiency and know that price discrepancy disappears soon...

I agree AmitMM 2900 is the price and there are still deals at that price in the market 25-50 +-
    CommentQuote
  • Agreed....

Sometimes it is difficult to separate between hype and reality

I know some people say price wont come down...

Look the previous cycle ended in 2009, people say it came coz of the recession and market will never correct again it may only stagnate for a very short period of time...

I do not have an answer to this..the way this cycle unfolds in the next 6 months will be a great learning for all of us....the cycle which started in 2003 went on till 2008, now this rally starting in 2009...lets see how far it goes

This rally has tried to reciprocate the previous rally when the prices rose many folds, people say its still early times in the current rally and there still a lot of fire left..one must not forgot 2003-2006 was the inflexion point for india when we burst into the IT scene...that was a shift from one era to another..i dont have the answer as to how the current rally will unfold....

Also I agree to AmitMM that we should not just sit and wait for correction and not buy, its just that in the coming 6 months if somebody has money it may be better to look for value deals in resale as compared to fresh booking

Disclosure - I made 1 3 BHK investment in june and is on the look out for another one
    CommentQuote
  • the first indicators of a slowdown always come from a few numbers which i have learned to keep watch on.

1. figures of industrial/GDP growth
    2. Credit oftake of banks
    3.expansion/hiring plans of industries
    4.increment/bonuses of employees:D
    ( i dont count stock market until they dip more than 20% and that also not on news events)

i believe as long as these hold ground the market will hold too...

Agreed....

Sometimes it is difficult to separate between hype and reality

I know some people say price wont come down...

Look the previous cycle ended in 2009, people say it came coz of the recession and market will never correct again it may only stagnate for a very short period of time...

I do not have an answer to this..the way this cycle unfolds in the next 6 months will be a great learning for all of us....the cycle which started in 2003 went on till 2008, now this rally starting in 2009...lets see how far it goes

This rally has tried to reciprocate the previous rally when the prices rose many folds, people say its still early times in the current rally and there still a lot of fire left..one must not forgot 2003-2006 was the inflexion point for india when we burst into the IT scene...that was a shift from one era to another..i dont have the answer as to how the current rally will unfold....

Also I agree to AmitMM that we should not just sit and wait for correction and not buy, its just that in the coming 6 months if somebody has money it may be better to look for value deals in resale as compared to fresh booking

Disclosure - I made 1 3 BHK investment in june and is on the look out for another one
    CommentQuote
  • I am not talking about slowdown of the economy i am talking abt a slow down in the real estate cycle....u will agree that there are tons of investors who have bought multiple units with nay intention of paying any further than 20-30%....now there can be too situations as prices have risen so fast

1. there are a new set of investors who are looking to buy from the first set of investors in resale
    2. people feel that the prices are too high and do not buy from the first set of investors, if these investors get stuck, they will end up selling their units at lesser price leading to market wide correction

Coz the market has risen so fast and there are people beleieving that it is not wise to buy at these prices initial investors may not be able to exit....

if there are more people who see that there is still money to be made by buying at these prices the initial investors will be able to exit and party goes on
    CommentQuote
  • true but only to an extent..

first never can the economy be decoupled from RE. RE correction will never happen in a growing economy...

second this time around the market is less leveraged.. as we are scared of correction so are investors...

yes agree the prices can not rise at same rate perpetually so will take a breather and so expect flat market in 2011 and correction not more than 10% and short if at all it happens...

for rally /cycle to break macro economic pointers will have to change downwords..

I am not talking about slowdown of the economy i am talking abt a slow down in the real estate cycle....u will agree that there are tons of investors who have bought multiple units with nay intention of paying any further than 20-30%....now there can be too situations as prices have risen so fast

1. there are a new set of investors who are looking to buy from the first set of investors in resale
    2. people feel that the prices are too high and do not buy from the first set of investors, if these investors get stuck, they will end up selling their units at lesser price leading to market wide correction

Coz the market has risen so fast and there are people beleieving that it is not wise to buy at these prices initial investors may not be able to exit....

if there are more people who see that there is still money to be made by buying at these prices the initial investors will be able to exit and party goes on
    CommentQuote
  • 100% agree with u..the market can be flat or 5-10% correction...even if there is a correction people dont buy as they wait for a further correction, so they realise the correction is over only after a the first rally as happned from sep 2009 to jan 2010....

So best option is keep on searching for the right deal...
    CommentQuote
  • I wasnt tracking the RE market when the downturn happened in 2008-2009.
    so qs for ones who were tracking it -

1. did builders reduce the price for existing projects by a certain % when it happened? So if sale were happening at 2500, did newer people get in at rates < 2500?
    Or
    2. did they start offering other free add ons etc?
    3. Were new comparable projects launched at lower prices than prevalent market rates? Eg. if Emaar had launched emerald floors at say 2500, did you see emaar launching emerald floors-2 at 2300?

Pls note that builder names & prices are just examples.

Just trying to understand what a 5-10% drop really means in monetary terms. Is it just resale market or new launches too.
    CommentQuote