Impact of Unrest on Gurgaon Real Estate

Last updated: March 1 2016
13 | Posts
1300 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact of Unrest on Gurgaon Real Estate

This discussion thread is to share tremendous uneasiness that the recent happenings in Haryana have caused.

I have relatives and friends in Hisar and Rohtak and many of them were plainly hysterical.
    There were mobs roaming the streets burning shops and establishments and administration was no where in sight.Even in Gurgaon, school going kids and patients were stuck in traffic jams for hours.

All this has forced me to examine the value of living in places like these where savings&labor of an entire life can be destroyed in few minutes.
    Is human life so cheap in India?

Are we living in a civilized modern world? It seems that everything is just outer pretensions with basic medieval tribal thinking deeply embedded within. And this is not restricted to any particular caste and community.

There are two ways in which deviant behavior can be controlled - socialization of values by family and social control by punishment. None of these seems to be existing here.
    How long can we live in the safety cocoon created by apartment complexes?

I have decided not to invest in Gurgaon Real Estate in future and would try to move my family either to South India or abroad. I may be paranoid but can't help it.
    Last edited January 3 2017, 12:59 PM.

Re : Impact of Unrest on Gurgaon Real Estate

You are not alone.

This is wake up call .
    Last edited February 28 2016, 03:23 PM. Reason: Text formatting.

Comment

And this was when there was so called 'Shoot-at-sight' orders in place. Anyway this was the true self of Haryana and possibly India at large. Gurgaon saw it too but to lesser extent (may be due to most of the crowd being immigrants). Sonipat mass rape incident is still being investigated, pathetic and shameless people.

Comment

While people may have valid concerns on account of such violence, the same situation can arise anywhere in the country or abroad.

Have we not heard of racial profiling and racial incidents in developed countries.

What is shameful is the total breakdown and failure of law and order machinery in the state and the getting away of ministers and bureaucrats and police officials without any accountability.

The same can happen in any state if the leadership is week.
        Last edited February 28 2016, 03:23 PM. Reason: Text formatting.

Comment

This reminded people the time of partition and emergency. But I never seen this Haryana in my 30 years of life. If this can happen to a peaceful place like Haryana than it can happen anywhere. Someone got reservation and innocent people lost their everything because govt was saving their vote bank.

Comment

It is the absolute failure of the government, I don't know y we pay taxes when in return government provide us such kind of security. It is chief minister's duty to maintain law and order in the state. But they just want to play dirty politics, today it was jaats next time other community n den the other and so on.
            I don't understand in case if the rape victims gives the statement in front of police, wat will the police do, will they arrest those 1000nds of people.
            Govt shud have taken action at right time.
            Last edited February 28 2016, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Agreed total failure, no strict action has been taken from starting. Govt should take responsibility and immediately step down.

Comment

Originally posted by hemant434 View Post
                Is human life so cheap in India?
                Yes, a life has no value in India. You can observe it all around you. See how we all drive. Is anyone worried about their life, or others around them. I was in GGN when they happened. They created a blockade like 20 meters away from my house. It was really really scary. I wonder what was happening in Rohtak and all. This is not a failure of the government, but the moral fiber of our nation is rotten and useless. People are selfish to the core and only see themselves.

"They came in SUVs demanding quota". LOL.

Comment

Image what can happen in UP if this is happening in GGN. A shameful state with Shameless people .. and sorry to say that I belong to this state.

Comment

And this is not purely beacuse of a caste but it's show what arrogrance at lot of money and no education can bring. No wonder there is some truth in the story where millionaire factory workers get physical with their production managers.

In some way this tells us we are in a very weird sort of economic bubble (for IREF members read 'Real estate' bubble).Where the 'haves' are rioting to tell us ' Jis ki lathi use ki bhains' .

P.S: I have nothing in favour or against any caste ... Its just the economic divide that I abhor.

Comment

Tags: Gurgaon
                    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X