Members,

I have been tracking quiet a few threads in this forum, but still not able to make a call on whihc property to go for..............sometimes feel like gurgaon RE market is a bubble and is completely driven by brokers/builders..........My budget is between 50-60 lacs and is looking with a view of 4-5 years, not only for investment...... Senior memebers please suggest..........

Thanks,
Vishal Tuhan
Read more
30 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by vtuhan
    Members,

I have been tracking quiet a few threads in this forum, but still not able to make a call on whihc property to go for..............sometimes feel like gurgaon RE market is a bubble and is completely driven by brokers/builders..........My budget is between 50-60 lacs and is looking with a view of 4-5 years, not only for investment...... Senior memebers please suggest..........

Thanks,
    Vishal Tuhan

U can go for Orris Aster at 2550 psf (value for money), although builder is new & has not delivered any project, till date & hence risk factor is quite high.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Manoj....how is Orris in comparison with Raheja Sampada/Ramprastah Edge.....
    CommentQuote
  • Sohna Road

I think you should be looking at in and around Sohna Road (including Golf course Extn Road) as that's the place which is already inhabited.

Somehow, I think the sectors on way to Manesar (barring few which are right on NH-8) or Pataudi are all hyped up. I went and saw the DLF project and was shocked to see that its still good 20 years away from civilization! I see no point paying so much for that place at this moment. Same goes for sectors close to Dwarka !

Go for in and around Sohna. I agree most of the existing projects are already expensive (thanks again to the builder nexus!) so try getting into upcoming ones like Today Homes in Sector 73 etc.
    CommentQuote
    Thanks Manoj....how is Orris in comparison with Raheja Sampada/Ramprastah Edge.....

hi vishal,
    as manoj said its all about risk/price tradeoff..
    my personnal view is to spend 10% extra and go with a grade A builder.
    everybody delivers in rising market.. the test comes when things are not too rosy.
    i would put orris and ramaprastha in the same bracket as far as builder reputation goes and raheja a notch higher. location wise its orris and then raheja. i am not a big fan of dwarika expressway story yet.:) i would suggest only mahindra that side reason being a highly professional company and small project side.

primarily you can look at orris ( as suggested)
    vipul 3100
    mahindra 2900-3000
    anantraj 26-2700
    bestech forthcoming
    depending on your risk appatite .
    if its investment i always recommend to get in at the initial launch price..
    good luck
    CommentQuote
    Thanks Manoj....how is Orris in comparison with Raheja Sampada/Ramprastah Edge.....

In today's date , I suggest only bestech / godrej / vigneshwara . All A grade builders , Buy at initial launch , no risk , only possibility of appreciation ...:bab (6):
    CommentQuote
  • I think you should wait for the outcome of the Common Wealth Games. If they are successful, prices might remain stable. If they fail, prices could fall drastically. In either of the case, this is not the best time to invest. Probably a good time to exit if you want to make some quick bucks and invest in something more meaningful. (if you have the need). Just wait for 2 months.
    CommentQuote
    Members,

Thanks,
    Vishal Tuhan

Maybe try magicbricks for a resale property. There you might get some good bargains. Like I know of a 1850 sqft 3BHK flat (which got sold for 70 lakhs, a month back) in sector 56 which is one of the prime residential sectors.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abhi
    I think you should wait for the outcome of the Common Wealth Games. If they are successful, prices might remain stable. If they fail, prices could fall drastically. In either of the case, this is not the best time to invest. Probably a good time to exit if you want to make some quick bucks and invest in something more meaningful. (if you have the need). Just wait for 2 months.

I agree with this view. It is a time to sell stocks and flat bookings/ plots - prices are up. Unlikely to rise further - likely to be steady for a year or two.

In 5 years, 60L in bank FD will become 1 Crore. I doubt if anything can beat this return
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    I agree with this view. It is a time to sell stocks and flat bookings/ plots - prices are up. Unlikely to rise further - likely to be steady for a year or two.

In 5 years, 60L in bank FD will become 1 Crore. I doubt if anything can beat this return

Success or failure of Commonwealth Games will only have a temporary affect on RE prices. Prices may stagnate for a certain period, if they fail. Nobody is in a position to predict the boom, if there would be one, if the Games r successful.

Investing with A grade builders, at the right price (this price might be higher than the pre launch price) would always give u gains.

U can think of investing in Anant Raj, Manesar, if u r in a position to hold it for 1.5 years or more. If u r looking to invest on Sohna Rd., as suggested by some members, u can consider Spire South too. I feel this property is right now under priced & may pick up very soon, to match up to prices of existing projects in vicinity. U can go ahead & invest in properties suggested by Tinesha too, as all these investments should be pretty sound too (not much aware of Vigneshwara , though)
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks all fr your valuable inputs.......actually what scares me the most is 2 weeks back Vipul does the sft launch at 2690 and today its 3100 plus..I am still wondering what has changed n just 2 weeks and is it a bubble waiting to crash again......Not just Vipul it's d same case with all the builders in NCR.......ramprastha quotng at 2800 and talks to getting it to 3000+ whereas can't think of that place for staying even in next 5 years.......

Just wondring is it a good time, as cautioned by all of you, whether to take a plunge........Comparing hyderabad market (presently working in hyd) with gurgaon , i see great deal of transparency & builer nexus is not that strong......but thn it has its own worries of telengana......

I am sure I will land with a good choice with all of you guidance....Keep writing...

Vishal

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Success or failure of Commonwealth Games will only have a temporary affect on RE prices. Prices may stagnate for a certain period, if they fail. Nobody is in a position to predict the boom, if there would be one, if the Games r successful.

Investing with A grade builders, at the right price (this price might be higher than the pre launch price) would always give u gains.

U can think of investing in Anant Raj, Manesar, if u r in a position to hold it for 1.5 years or more. If u r looking to invest on Sohna Rd., as suggested by some members, u can consider Spire South too. I feel this property is right now under priced & may pick up very soon, to match up to prices of existing projects in vicinity. U can go ahead & invest in properties suggested by Tinesha too, as all these investments should be pretty sound too (not much aware of Vigneshwara , though)
    CommentQuote
    Thanks all fr your valuable inputs.......actually what scares me the most is 2 weeks back Vipul does the sft launch at 2690 and today its 3100 plus..I am still wondering what has changed n just 2 weeks and is it a bubble waiting to crash again......Not just Vipul it's d same case with all the builders in NCR.......ramprastha quotng at 2800 and talks to getting it to 3000+ whereas can't think of that place for staying even in next 5 years.......

Just wondring is it a good time, as cautioned by all of you, whether to take a plunge........Comparing hyderabad market (presently working in hyd) with gurgaon , i see great deal of transparency & builer nexus is not that strong......but thn it has its own worries of telengana......

I am sure I will land with a good choice with all of you guidance....Keep writing...

Vishal

Almost nobody is buying Vipul at 3100 & i have heard that it is available in the market for 2890 psf.It seems as a classic case of hype created by the brokers, but the hype lasts for a few weeks only.A similar hype has been created by brokers for Tashee Project too .Prices of such properties are surely slated to correct downwards, whenever, there is a whiff of slow down.
    CommentQuote
  • How much of Games infrastructure is built in Gurgaon for games? Any buildings built specifically for games in Gurgaon?

Originally Posted by MANOJa

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Venkytalks

with all due respect to venky my views are slightly different.
    with lock in period of 5 years in fd if the same amount is invested in real estate flat/plot it should give atleast a 20% annualised return.
    historically the best investment over long term 5-7 years has always been land and now may be appt. Can anyone point out one prop in gurgaon which has not gone 2.5 -3 times in the last 7 years.
    the only variable is if you are smart enough and lucky too to predict and time the market you might get benefit of 10-15%. but again at corrected prices i have never seen too many deals happening.
    I believe- PEOPLE WILL KEEP GROWING LAND WILL NOT.
    so as long you invest in clear titles and reputed builders one can enjoy above average returns compared to other investment options
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Almost nobody is buying Vipul at 3100 & i have heard that it is available in the market for 2890 psf.It seems as a classic case of hype created by the brokers, but the hype lasts for a few weeks only.A similar hype has been created by brokers for Tashee Project too .Prices of such properties are surely slated to correct downwards, whenever, there is a whiff of slow down.

its not hype its a very viable business model :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    launch few units at attractive rates. increase price by 300-400 rs in next few weeks. this creates a sec. market immediatly. the initial investor makes 100 % profit on his 15-20% payment.in few weeks.
    next investor gets in at prices lower than the company price and hopes he makes some money in next 6-12 months.
    the end user gets in at launch prices because either he was not aware of the prelaunch game or he missed the bus...:D
    this then creates a new benchmark for the prices for new projects in vicinity.
    with everybody out there to make a quick buck no body should be complaining.........
    for end user........ nobody cared about YOU any ways!!!!!!
    CommentQuote
    Thanks all fr your valuable inputs.......actually what scares me the most is 2 weeks back Vipul does the sft launch at 2690 and today its 3100 plus..I am still wondering what has changed n just 2 weeks and is it a bubble waiting to crash again......Not just Vipul it's d same case with all the builders in NCR.......ramprastha quotng at 2800 and talks to getting it to 3000+ whereas can't think of that place for staying even in next 5 years.......

Vishal[/QUOTE

vishal,
    hype, price hikes, broker builder nexus are all part/follies of real estate investment.
    keep it plain and simple
    if looking for end use-- buy a property nearing complition. you get what you see.. ( if you have the money)
    else
    buy in initial launch... you will make money( how much depends on which cycle ... currently its up for next some time)
    remember if you have the holding power... anytime is good time to enter.Thanks all fr your valuable inputs.......actually what scares me the most is 2 weeks back Vipul does the sft launch at 2690 and today its 3100 plus..I am still wondering what has changed n just 2 weeks and is it a bubble waiting to crash again......Not just Vipul it's d same case with all the builders in NCR.......ramprastha quotng at 2800 and talks to getting it to 3000+ whereas can't think of that place for staying even in next 5 years.......

Vishal[/QUOTE

vishal,
    hype, price hikes, broker builder nexus are all part/follies of real estate investment.
    keep it plain and simple
    if looking for end use-- buy a property nearing complition. you get what you see.. ( if you have the money)
    else
    buy in initial launch... you will make money( how much depends on which cycle ... currently its up for next some time)
    remember if you have the holding power... anytime is good time to enter.
    CommentQuote