Collapse

Orris Aster Vs Raheja Sampada Vs Ramprastha Edge - Gurgaon

Last updated: August 22 2010
30 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Orris Aster Vs Raheja Sampada Vs Ramprastha Edge - Gurgaon

Thanks all fr your valuable inputs.......actually what scares me the most is 2 weeks back Vipul does the sft launch at 2690 and today its 3100 plus..I am still wondering what has changed n just 2 weeks and is it a bubble waiting to crash again......Not just Vipul it's d same case with all the builders in NCR.......ramprastha quotng at 2800 and talks to getting it to 3000+ whereas can't think of that place for staying even in next 5 years.......

Just wondring is it a good time, as cautioned by all of you, whether to take a plunge........Comparing hyderabad market (presently working in hyd) with gurgaon , i see great deal of transparency & builer nexus is not that strong......but thn it has its own worries of telengana......

I am sure I will land with a good choice with all of you guidance....Keep writing...

Vishal

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
    Success or failure of Commonwealth Games will only have a temporary affect on RE prices. Prices may stagnate for a certain period, if they fail. Nobody is in a position to predict the boom, if there would be one, if the Games r successful.

Investing with A grade builders, at the right price (this price might be higher than the pre launch price) would always give u gains.

U can think of investing in Anant Raj, Manesar, if u r in a position to hold it for 1.5 years or more. If u r looking to invest on Sohna Rd., as suggested by some members, u can consider Spire South too. I feel this property is right now under priced & may pick up very soon, to match up to prices of existing projects in vicinity. U can go ahead & invest in properties suggested by Tinesha too, as all these investments should be pretty sound too (not much aware of Vigneshwara , though)

Comment

Originally posted by vtuhan View Post
      Thanks all fr your valuable inputs.......actually what scares me the most is 2 weeks back Vipul does the sft launch at 2690 and today its 3100 plus..I am still wondering what has changed n just 2 weeks and is it a bubble waiting to crash again......Not just Vipul it's d same case with all the builders in NCR.......ramprastha quotng at 2800 and talks to getting it to 3000+ whereas can't think of that place for staying even in next 5 years.......

Just wondring is it a good time, as cautioned by all of you, whether to take a plunge........Comparing hyderabad market (presently working in hyd) with gurgaon , i see great deal of transparency & builer nexus is not that strong......but thn it has its own worries of telengana......

I am sure I will land with a good choice with all of you guidance....Keep writing...

Vishal
      Almost nobody is buying Vipul at 3100 & i have heard that it is available in the market for 2890 psf.It seems as a classic case of hype created by the brokers, but the hype lasts for a few weeks only.A similar hype has been created by brokers for Tashee Project too .Prices of such properties are surely slated to correct downwards, whenever, there is a whiff of slow down.
      Download our Android App! | Please Read IREF Rules | FAQ's

Comment

How much of Games infrastructure is built in Gurgaon for games? Any buildings built specifically for games in Gurgaon?

Success or failure of Commonwealth Games will only have a temporary affect on RE prices. Prices may stagnate for a certain period, if they fail. Nobody is in a position to predict the boom, if there would be one, if the Games r successful.

Investing with A grade builders, at the right price (this price might be higher than the pre launch price) would always give u gains.

U can think of investing in Anant Raj, Manesar, if u r in a position to hold it for 1.5 years or more. If u r looking to invest on Sohna Rd., as suggested by some members, u can consider Spire South too. I feel this property is right now under priced & may pick up very soon, to match up to prices of existing projects in vicinity. U can go ahead & invest in properties suggested by Tinesha too, as all these investments should be pretty sound too (not much aware of Vigneshwara , though)

Comment

Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
          I agree with this view. It is a time to sell stocks and flat bookings/ plots - prices are up. Unlikely to rise further - likely to be steady for a year or two.

In 5 years, 60L in bank FD will become 1 Crore. I doubt if anything can beat this return
          with all due respect to venky my views are slightly different.
          with lock in period of 5 years in fd if the same amount is invested in real estate flat/plot it should give atleast a 20% annualised return.
          historically the best investment over long term 5-7 years has always been land and now may be appt. Can anyone point out one prop in gurgaon which has not gone 2.5 -3 times in the last 7 years.
          the only variable is if you are smart enough and lucky too to predict and time the market you might get benefit of 10-15%. but again at corrected prices i have never seen too many deals happening.
          I believe- PEOPLE WILL KEEP GROWING LAND WILL NOT.
          so as long you invest in clear titles and reputed builders one can enjoy above average returns compared to other investment options

Comment

Almost nobody is buying Vipul at 3100 & i have heard that it is available in the market for 2890 psf.It seems as a classic case of hype created by the brokers, but the hype lasts for a few weeks only.A similar hype has been created by brokers for Tashee Project too .Prices of such properties are surely slated to correct downwards, whenever, there is a whiff of slow down.
            its not hype its a very viable business model !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            launch few units at attractive rates. increase price by 300-400 rs in next few weeks. this creates a sec. market immediatly. the initial investor makes 100 % profit on his 15-20% payment.in few weeks.
            next investor gets in at prices lower than the company price and hopes he makes some money in next 6-12 months.
            the end user gets in at launch prices because either he was not aware of the prelaunch game or he missed the bus...
            this then creates a new benchmark for the prices for new projects in vicinity.
            with everybody out there to make a quick buck no body should be complaining.........
            for end user........ nobody cared about YOU any ways!!!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=vtuhan;100503]Thanks all fr your valuable inputs.......actually what scares me the most is 2 weeks back Vipul does the sft launch at 2690 and today its 3100 plus..I am still wondering what has changed n just 2 weeks and is it a bubble waiting to crash again......Not just Vipul it's d same case with all the builders in NCR.......ramprastha quotng at 2800 and talks to getting it to 3000+ whereas can't think of that place for staying even in next 5 years.......

Vishal[/QUOTE

vishal,
              hype, price hikes, broker builder nexus are all part/follies of real estate investment.
              keep it plain and simple
              if looking for end use-- buy a property nearing complition. you get what you see.. ( if you have the money)
              else
              buy in initial launch... you will make money( how much depends on which cycle ... currently its up for next some time)
              remember if you have the holding power... anytime is good time to enter.

Comment

Originally posted by AmitMM View Post
                its not hype its a very viable business model !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                launch few units at attractive rates. increase price by 300-400 rs in next few weeks. this creates a sec. market immediatly. the initial investor makes 100 % profit on his 15-20% payment.in few weeks.
                next investor gets in at prices lower than the company price and hopes he makes some money in next 6-12 months.
                the end user gets in at launch prices because either he was not aware of the prelaunch game or he missed the bus...
                this then creates a new benchmark for the prices for new projects in vicinity.
                with everybody out there to make a quick buck no body should be complaining.........
                for end user........ nobody cared about YOU any ways!!!!!!

Amit

Very well written/explained.

Comment

Originally posted by AmitMM View Post
                  with all due respect to venky my views are slightly different.
                  with lock in period of 5 years in fd if the same amount is invested in real estate flat/plot it should give atleast a 20% annualised return.
                  historically the best investment over long term 5-7 years has always been land and now may be appt. Can anyone point out one prop in gurgaon which has not gone 2.5 -3 times in the last 7 years.
                  the only variable is if you are smart enough and lucky too to predict and time the market you might get benefit of 10-15%. but again at corrected prices i have never seen too many deals happening.
                  I believe- PEOPLE WILL KEEP GROWING LAND WILL NOT.
                  so as long you invest in clear titles and reputed builders one can enjoy above average returns compared to other investment options
                  Hi AmitMM.

historically the best investment over long term 5-7 years has always been land and now may be appt.....

Actually that is not true - historically stocks have outperformed all other assets including RE in India in the last 30 years.

Having said that, you might be right - but right only for land i.e. plots. You can safely keep a plot for long term and it will outperform FD.

Flats I am not sure. Despite that, I personally have made flat booking in 2009 fully believing that it will outperform in the long term of many years. My stocks are also for long term - the never sell category.

My thought was for short term RE and short term stock investors. Looks like a bubble right now. Which means current speculative buy in stocks and speculative bookings might be a bad idea. You might not get a quick exit.

RE has given fantastic and once in a lifetime returns from 2003 to 2007. It was because of India shifting from high to low interest rates. That chance can never come again (I missed it). One should not extrapolate from this to future.

India has huge land, what it lacks is roads to reach it and law and order and infrastructure. Otherwise there is no land shortage - except by govt policies.

20% annualised return means in approx four years 1Cr flat will become worth 2Cr. Eight years 4Crore. 12 years it will become worth 8 Crore.

So 1 crore flat will become worth 8 Crore in 12 years time? If this was certain, it would be fantastic.

Are you sure this will happen? Needs hyperinflation to happen - possible with Congress govt but by no means certain

From 2002-2008, 20L flat in Dwarka became 80L. In 1998, it was already 20L cost, in 2010, it is still worth 80L only.

So return is from 1998 to 2010 (12 years, money quadrupled) is approx 12% annualised. Good but not fantastic. And this included the most fantastic RE returns time in Indian history.

Better returns from plots though! Around 20%

Last edited by Venkytalks; August 19 2010, 08:23 PM.
                  Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
                    Hi AmitMM.

historically the best investment over long term 5-7 years has always been land and now may be appt.....

Actually that is not true - historically stocks have outperformed all other assets including RE in India in the last 30 years.

Having said that, you might be right - but right only for land i.e. plots. You can safely keep a plot for long term and it will outperform FD.

Flats I am not sure. Despite that, I personally have made flat booking in 2009 fully believing that it will outperform in the long term of many years. My stocks are also for long term - the never sell category.

My thought was for short term RE and short term stock investors. Looks like a bubble right now. Which means current speculative buy in stocks and speculative bookings might be a bad idea. You might not get a quick exit.

RE has given fantastic and once in a lifetime returns from 2003 to 2007. It was because of India shifting from high to low interest rates. That chance can never come again (I missed it). One should not extrapolate from this to future.

India has huge land, what it lacks is roads to reach it and law and order and infrastructure. Otherwise there is no land shortage - except by govt policies.

20% annualised return means in approx four years 1Cr flat will become worth 2Cr. Eight years 4Crore. 12 years it will become worth 8 Crore.

So 1 crore flat will become worth 8 Crore in 12 years time? If this was certain, it would be fantastic.

Are you sure this will happen? Needs hyperinflation to happen - possible with Congress govt but by no means certain

From 2002-2008, 20L flat in Dwarka became 80L. In 2010, still worth 80L.

So return is from 2002 to 2010 is approx 12% annualised. Good but not fantastic. And this included the most fantastic RE returns time in Indian history.

Better returns from plots though! Around 20%

very enlightening mail venky
                    i would agree with you on appts....
                    appts in india are a recent phenomenon barring mumbai. so a long term return may be hard to predict. also any flat has life unlike land..
                    as for your point that india has enough land my take is land near metro/industrial hubs.
                    soon like westren countries the concept of downtown would probably come in with travelling time replacing distace.
                    20% return is a representation baswd on current scenario.. may or may not hold good. but i would still tend to belive re will out perform other investment

like any other investment short term view is always high risk prone. i have learnt one thing you can never time the market .

keep the valuable inputs flowing

Comment

Great inputs both Venky & Amit.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X