30 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Orris Aster Vs Raheja Sampada Vs Ramprastha Edge - Gurgaon

Originally posted by AmitMM View Post
    very enlightening mail venky
    i would agree with you on appts....
    appts in india are a recent phenomenon barring mumbai. so a long term return may be hard to predict. also any flat has life unlike land..
    as for your point that india has enough land my take is land near metro/industrial hubs.
    soon like westren countries the concept of downtown would probably come in with travelling time replacing distace.
    20% return is a representation baswd on current scenario.. may or may not hold good. but i would still tend to belive re will out perform other investment

like any other investment short term view is always high risk prone. i have learnt one thing you can never time the market .

keep the valuable inputs flowing
    Hi Amit.

Yes, I totally agree, well located plots will give better returns than stock also. manesar might be the best place - close to industry as well as possible IT campuses in future.

Unfortunately I went with flat and cannot invest more now in RE. My thought was - one can at least live in the flat. Plot is just a piece of paper.

My next one will definitely be plot.

Still, all Congress govt have had 10-20% inflation. So without RE, other investments might be useless.
    Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Still, all Congress govt have had 10-20% inflation. So without RE, other investments might be useless.
      that is absolutly true - I moved abroad in 2001 as i could not afford 3 bedroom flat in gurgaon which were selling for 15 lakhs and I can not still afford it as they are selling for 1.5-2 crores. any savings in india has to earn more that 10 percent to beat inflation.

Comment

Good Discussion

Very enlightning discussuion Venky n Amit. Though i am a newbee here; I think even with my limited knowledge, what Venky is saying makes sence to me. RE (Flat in Gurgaon) is too risky at the moment till it becomes stable ((Like they say Valuations are too high and moving every week;; its a sign of bad things to come)). Its time to book profits and wait till next right time to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
          Hi Amit.

Yes, I totally agree, well located plots will give better returns than stock also. manesar might be the best place - close to industry as well as possible IT campuses in future.

Unfortunately I went with flat and cannot invest more now in RE. My thought was - one can at least live in the flat. Plot is just a piece of paper.

My next one will definitely be plot.

Very very interesting comments Venky & Amit. It is construtive debates like this which makes me keep coming back to this forum.

Venky: I would also be interested in getting land, & best way to get them currently(with limited funds) would be going through various government plots schemes that keeps coming in the market. With limited funds we can keep trying, & if we are lucky we can keep them for long term by taking a bank loan. All the best!!!

Comment

On my interactions with various brokers, many of the brokers r telling me that when projects r soft launched/launched, initial BSP of project is influenced by the grading of the builder, ie.. a builder of higher repute demands a higher rate & smaller builder with a project in the same vicinity gets a lesser rate. I agree to this.

As per brokers, when projects of both said builders r reaching completion stage, they would demand a similar premium/price.

Members , please comment
            Download our Android App! | Please Read IREF Rules | FAQ's

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
              On my interactions with various brokers, many of the brokers r telling me that when projects r soft launched/launched, initial BSP of project is influenced by the grading of the builder, ie.. a builder of higher repute demands a higher rate & smaller builder with a project in the same vicinity gets a lesser rate. I agree to this.

As per brokers, when projects of both said builders r reaching completion stage, they would demand a similar premium/price.

Members , please comment
              not really... the builder reputation matters and some price differential does remain though may be less pronounced.
              case in point sohan road.
              vipul green still commands more premium than parkview, then orchid with parsavnath greenville still comparitively cheaper.

similarly on golf course dlf still is more expensive then vipul and parsavnath.
              also when the project nears delivery the potential rental income also gets factored in along with the general facilities being provided.

the ROI may be more on a smaller builder because the entry cost is comparitively lower and at delivery the gap although there, reduces.
              case in point tulip vs vista where this might happen

Comment

Originally posted by sandeep12345 View Post
                Very enlightning discussuion Venky n Amit. Though i am a newbee here; I think even with my limited knowledge, what Venky is saying makes sence to me. RE (Flat in Gurgaon) is too risky at the moment till it becomes stable ((Like they say Valuations are too high and moving every week;; its a sign of bad things to come)). Its time to book profits and wait till next right time to buy.
                venky/sandeep,
                Its time to book profits and wait till next right time to buy.[/QUOTE]

your valuation concerns are justified, the way market has shot up in the
                last couple of months but my take is slightly different.
                I would like you all to kindly comment on
                1.what correction/stabilty in prices do you all foresee in next
                A. 12 months
                b. 18-30 months from now.
                2. how do you define the next right time to buy.

my take on the market is that the high prices are here to stay. they will only move up though at a slower rate. the days of unreasonable/super returns are over but they will continue to move up.
                In Gurgaon we are looking at about 25000/30000 units being added in the next 2-5 years based on project launched/pipeline(pls correct the numbers if wrong)
                the gurgaon/manesar belt looks to add another 15000 -20000 jobs at current estimate which might rise.over next 3 years so absorption should not be an issue unlike noida.

my only concern is that there is a very disturbing trend of middle-high level professionals who are developing a investor mentality of looking at quick/short term returns. coupled with ready bank loans at their disposal this might become a double edged sword.

i always believed that the USA like subprime would never happen in india becaude RE in india always had a high black component. but with buyer now contributing only 10-15% of cost and with no EMI schemes floating.
                the scenario might change.
                I hope i am not forced to change my view point by these

Comment

Members are requested to keep the discussion relevant to the topic. You don't want to face suspension for off topic thread discussions.
                  Read FORUM RULES watch a VIDEO or SEARCH FAQs before posting!

Comment

Hi Amit.

Re: Looking value for money aprtment in gurgaon

I am of the opinion that prices in Gurgaon for flats will remain steady for next 6 to 18 months. They will not rise further.

Your concern about no EMI schemes and pro buying flats is justified, but they form probably 10-20% of total buyers only.

black money guys dont discuss in internet fora.

If this price trend is true, booking today gives no advantage over booking 1 year later in terms of price.

Still it would be wise to book now in nearly sold out projects which will be completed early (eg. Tulip projects, Ramprastha, Indiabulls etc) than booking in early launch projects which might face huge delays in case of global crises.

Also, booking early may give choice of locations - although brokers try to sell useless locations first and try to keep better ones for themselves.
                    Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

I don't really agree with Venky that flat prices will remain stable for the next 6-18 months. Maybe for next 6 months.

As we all know, Gurgaon Real Estate is already over-priced and one can find same advertised properties for 3-4 weeks. i.e the actual buyer is not willing to invest at the current kind of rates.

Land investment is a safer bet in the long run (at least 3 years hold). With so many projects coming up, why do you think (Venky) that prices will remain stable? Kindly enlighten.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X