Senior Members/All Members,

Investing in a project at the right time/price & exiting the same at the most opportune moment r the most important factors, for a investor, especially so for a short term investor.

I am wondering as to how,members perceive , as the best time to sell/exit for an short term investment.

Comments please.
Read more
46 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • 8 out of 10 you make money in RE in even short term, so probability of success is 0.8.

And it is a liquid asset. in emergency, lower your price a bit from market rate and there are financiers that will jump on it.
    CommentQuote
  • I agree . U need to invest with a decent builder & location & need to time the entry & exit, just right .

Originally Posted by decoded
    8 out of 10 you make money in RE in even short term, so probability of success is 0.8.

And it is a liquid asset. in emergency, lower your price a bit from market rate and there are financiers that will jump on it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Senior Members/All Members,

Investing in a project at the right time/price & exiting the same at the most opportune moment r the most important factors, for a investor, especially so for a short term investor.

I am wondering as to how,members perceive , as the best time to sell/exit for an short term investment.

Comments please.

for a very short term investor

the best time to enter when builder offer u a coffee

the best time to exit when he ask u for a cheque

result : 100% profit :bab (22):
    CommentQuote
  • I am looking for more than a cup of coffee . :D

Originally Posted by simsim
    for a very short term investor

the best time to enter when builder offer u a coffee

the best time to exit when he ask u for a cheque

result : 100% profit :bab (22):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    I am looking for more than a cup of coffee . :D

hmmmmm very naughty boy :D
    CommentQuote
  • I am sorry to say but this seems too gullible and amateurish....

If only it was that simple ! And risk-free, then evryone would have sold their homes and hearths and invested in RE, doubled their investments and excited at the click of mouse !!!

8 out of 10 you make money in RE in even short term, so probability of success is 0.8.

CommentQuote
  • Doubling yr. money in short term does not look feasible anymore (unless u have loads of money to risk ), what i am looking at a much better return than other commodities/instruments .

Originally Posted by vikky55
    I am sorry to say but this seems too gullible and amateurish....

If only it was that simple ! And risk-free, then evryone would have sold their homes and hearths and invested in RE, doubled their investments and excited at the click of mouse !!!
    CommentQuote
  • Yes. But the risk of an illiquid asset class..... no amount of discounting can make RE as an easy-to-sell asset in bad times

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Doubling yr. money in short term does not look feasible anymore (unless u have loads of money to risk ), what i am looking at a much better return than other commodities/instruments .
    CommentQuote
  • Yes. That is why exit is as important, if not more, as entry point .:)

Originally Posted by vikky55
    Yes. But the risk of an illiquid asset class..... no amount of discounting can make RE as an easy-to-sell asset in bad times
    CommentQuote
  • I can feel that the market now has more sellers and less buyers, clearly signs ofa tired market....

there are many investors in the market who dont have the capacity to pay the installments of 3-4 units held by them...i am pretty sure that in the next 6 months we will find good resale deals in the market and people who have entered in projects of grade B developers at a high price will not be able to exit....

Comments are invited!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Yes . u could be right . I know of a few guys who r trying real hard to sell some prime properties on Gcx. road & Sohna road, since their r tight on the coming installments, but r unable to sell, despite their best efforts .

With the over hype in the market & unrealistic rates of many projects, a correction is looking like a possibility in the very immediate future .
    CommentQuote
  • Correction... i beg to differ

see even in the 2008-09 depression and downturn the property of bug developers and key locations were down by 15% max (areas like dwarka, vasant kunj, dlf, etc..). the less prominent developers or not so good locations faced the max depreciation and selling off constraint. They actually hype on a a good property rate by a great location in vicinity.

dont see that too happening. see godrej, sold off without market, mahindra auro both phases sold in hours, dlf plots... in any case there are no more than 20% of end users here and the market will be out of them anyway.

and anyone in this forum has any idea of how many actual owners are staying in their flats in gurgaon vs rented out ???
    CommentQuote
  • A short term investor will lose 10 to 15 % ( as per your figures ) because of the correction . As he would be wanting to sell, as maybe his resources r limited & he is looking for an early exit, & by selling in a depressed market, he would again suffer a loss on the depreciated prices . So net loss could be in the range of 20-30 % & that's a big loss .:)

Correction... i beg to differ

see even in the 2008-09 depression and downturn the property of bug developers and key locations were down by 15% max (areas like dwarka, vasant kunj, dlf, etc..). the less prominent developers or not so good locations faced the max depreciation and selling off constraint. They actually hype on a a good property rate by a great location in vicinity.

dont see that too happening. see godrej, sold off without market, mahindra auro both phases sold in hours, dlf plots... in any case there are no more than 20% of end users here and the market will be out of them anyway.

and anyone in this forum has any idea of how many actual owners are staying in their flats in gurgaon vs rented out ???
    CommentQuote
  • Who is investor??. The person who invest only 20-30% or up to 40% are investors??
    CommentQuote
  • Investor can be anybody, from 'who pays the initial booking amount at prelaunch & takes an exit at launch or somebody who exits just before the project is complete & the apartment is due for registration' .

Originally Posted by Agastya07
    Who is investor??. The person who invest only 20-30% or up to 40% are investors??
    CommentQuote