Gurgaon infrastructure is in tatters but the real estate prices only seem to be going upwards. Rates have already increased by 40% since last year. So guys, is this STILL a good time to invest?

Confused as Always.

:bab (38):
Read more
15 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • You can go for one of the new project launches. They will take 6 months to go forward, by which time the overheated situation would have cooled down.

Better to avoid Sohna Road new launch, wait and watch how the place develops in next 2 years. Already price there is too high - you will get at same price 2 years later also. See how the mall traffic, new widening of road etc handle the traffic mess.

Also, wait for hero hinda chowk to progress reasonably - currently Rajiv Chowk is a mess, Hero honda chowk is needed before traffic sorts out.
    CommentQuote
  • Though prices are already up... there are goign to increas further a bit.. until .. there are no launches.. and with current scenario... all projects have open spaces left.. which builder are always waiting to launch a few towers with higher prices....

so for investment.. doing it in new gurgaon... at levels below 300o seems a good options..
    for end use try a resale project in new ggn area.....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ThePlatinum
    Though prices are already up... there are goign to increas further a bit.. until .. there are no launches.. and with current scenario... all projects have open spaces left.. which builder are always waiting to launch a few towers with higher prices....

so for investment.. doing it in new gurgaon... at levels below 300o seems a good options..
    for end use try a resale project in new ggn area.....

ggn market is still worth entering. just dont expect the returns which people got in last 18 months. stick to top builders and dont enter with 6-12 months investment horizon. avoid interior locations/small builders
    CommentQuote
  • smart money moved to Sohna Road 2 years ago when the rates were below 2,000 psf. Now the rates are 4,000 psf.

Now the smart money will fly to upcoming Eway, where rates are around 3,000 psf. It would raise the rates to 4,000+ psf within 6-8 months.

Therefore, projects around NPR are my best bet, since they are not too high priced as yet.
    CommentQuote
  • Differ on that. The e way area would always remain a third rate poor cousin to Sohna rd.

Originally Posted by raumybhan
    smart money moved to Sohna Road 2 years ago when the rates were below 2,000 psf. Now the rates are 4,000 psf.

Now the smart money will fly to upcoming Eway, where rates are around 3,000 psf. It would raise the rates to 4,000+ psf within 6-8 months.

Therefore, projects around NPR are my best bet, since they are not too high priced as yet.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Manoja,

Your previous posts show that you have excellent reasoning process, and you are trusted by most. Thus I felt tempted to reply to your opinion on eway.

Your negative sentiment on NPR properties (as compared to Sohna Rd) is surprising. I wish you reply to following issues, since many people reading this thread (as well as myself) are going to invest a lifetime of savings to some eway project for long term holding:

1. While all other Ggn properties will follow their normal appreciation lifespan, Eway properties (especially those closer to delhi side) would have 2 considerable JUMPS/ APPRECIATIONS in prices:

a. When the new Diplomatic enclave is built (since Eway projects would touch new Diplomatic Enclave, and areas closest to Diplomatic enclaves are most safe/ posh around the world)

b. When the NPR is built, and becomes operational,the prices would again jump.

These 2 events are special ones, over and above other normal events like possible new metro projects which would appreciate all areas.

2. Consider a time when NPR is built and becomes habitable like Sohna Road. At that time, NPR projects would be superior in terms of location, i,e, closer to airports/ delhi/ Diplomatic areas/ situated on India's widest expressway etc.

TRUE, I AM CONSIDERING A TIME SPAN OF 5 TO 10 YEARS FOR NPR PROJECTS TO GIVE SUPER RETURNS...I AM ABSOLUTELY SURE OF MY OPINION THAT THERE IS NO BETTER LONG TERM APARTMENT HOLDING AT PRESENT IN ENTIRE GURGAON....HOPE OTHERS AGREE!
    :bab (4):
    CommentQuote
  • For holding of a property for 10 years and plus, i rather tend to agree with u , but then if i have such long & far fetched investment plans, i might invest in some other lucrative prospective area.

There is no reason to get touchy about the e way. If u feel that's the best area for investment right now, then u might as well put all yr. money there.
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with manoja..I think this eway thing is highly overplayed..just go the sectors 100-110 and see the practical feasibility of the eway. Governement will have to achquire a lot of land to make this happen and its not gonna happen before 4-5 years atleast...Also the projects there have already incorporated the premium of a future eway to a certain extent...prices of 3200-3300 in that area is not cheap by any stretch of imagination..if you aresaying you will see a 20-25% increase in prices ypou are looking at a price on 5000 in those sectors. I would say this is highly speculatiove and it will not happen...However if you are looking at 5-7 years of time horizon you may look at this area...I still believe things which are scarce rise more...and main gurgaon will still give you better returns..

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    For holding of a property for 10 years and plus, i rather tend to agree with u , but then if i have such long & far fetched investment plans, i might invest in some other lucrative prospective area.

There is no reason to get touchy about the e way. If u feel that's the best area for investment right now, then u might as well put all yr. money there.
    CommentQuote
  • That is what i am saying, that the whole e way issue is over hyped & the whole thing could turn out to be a big dud.

Originally Posted by amit001
    I agree with manoja..I think this eway thing is highly overplayed..just go the sectors 100-110 and see the practical feasibility of the eway. Governement will have to achquire a lot of land to make this happen and its not gonna happen before 4-5 years atleast...Also the projects there have already incorporated the premium of a future eway to a certain extent...prices of 3200-3300 in that area is not cheap by any stretch of imagination..if you aresaying you will see a 20-25% increase in prices ypou are looking at a price on 5000 in those sectors. I would say this is highly speculatiove and it will not happen...However if you are looking at 5-7 years of time horizon you may look at this area...I still believe things which are scarce rise more...and main gurgaon will still give you better returns..
    CommentQuote
  • The eway was a good investment at the prices of 6 months back, now the prices already incorporate the preimum for the future developments

Mahindra Aura was launched 9 months back 2200 is now 3300; increase of 50% if you expect to see similar increase for the enxt 2 years. I am pretty sure this is not gonna happen..... We will ahve to wait for the enxt round of rally....

Just go and see those sectors and you will reliase no end user will come there before 5 years...

There can not be no appreciation with out the end users....

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    That is what i am saying, that the whole e way issue is over hyped & the whole thing could turn out to be a big dud.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi freinds

I am new member.
    Could you please tell me what is eway ( i suppose it is expressway ) and NPR properties?
    CommentQuote
  • Yes you are right...:bab (6):

Originally Posted by preeks
    Hi freinds

I am new member.
    Could you please tell me what is eway ( i suppose it is expressway ) and NPR properties?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit001
    The eway was a good investment at the prices of 6 months back, now the prices already incorporate the preimum for the future developments

Mahindra Aura was launched 9 months back 2200 is now 3300; increase of 50% if you expect to see similar increase for the enxt 2 years. I am pretty sure this is not gonna happen..... We will ahve to wait for the enxt round of rally....

Just go and see those sectors and you will reliase no end user will come there before 5 years...

There can not be no appreciation with out the end users....

We can see lot of posts for expressway means that interest is growing among the members. Lets take example of mahindra Aura2. They launched onle two towers which were sold in few days.

I enquired about this property from mahindra three months back but recently got a mail that phase2 is sold. I dont know who purchased all these 166 flats.

Mahindra is sure that they will get a good value in future so they sold only two towers. Rest they will launch at higher price. There is no development on mahindra site.

Mahindra would have launced the all the towers but they are aware of the importance of e highway. Thay will launch next phase in q1 next year after the construction of e way starts.

Builder are much smatter than us and they know the inside story. So guys if you want to invest on e way don't wait or be ready to pay high price next year,
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by psambher
    We can see lot of posts for expressway means that interest is growing among the members. Lets take example of mahindra Aura2. They launched onle two towers which were sold in few days.

I enquired about this property from mahindra three months back but recently got a mail that phase2 is sold. I dont know who purchased all these 166 flats.

Mahindra is sure that they will get a good value in future so they sold only two towers. Rest they will launch at higher price. There is no development on mahindra site.

Mahindra would have launced the all the towers but they are aware of the importance of e highway. Thay will launch next phase in q1 next year after the construction of e way starts.

Builder are much smatter than us and they know the inside story. So guys if you want to invest on e way don't wait or be ready to pay high price next year,

We all have been discussing the eway/nh8 price-benefit analysis for eternity now. we all are entitled to our own opinions . what we should keep in mind (strictly my opinion)
    1. the eway story is real but if you look closely the prices on both nh8/eway have been keeping pace with each other. the only difference is that the launch timings have been different.
    most eway projects were launched between 2008-2009 at prices about 2000-2300. at that time there were no projects on nh8 except dlf/raheja which was priced about 2100-2200.
    the nh8 projcts started with prices of 2300-2400 in 2009. similar to 2nd phase prices of ramaprastha/raheja.

now the nh8 projects are being priced at 2800-3200 similar to eway like mahindra.
    bptp is talking about luxury at 4000. atlantis will match it on nh8.

so the only difference is which finds more value on which location.

in RE market my experience tells me there is nothing as underpriced property. the market is efficient enough to quickly fill the price gap.

eway will not suit anybody who has an office in gurgaon. anybodyworking in dwarka.w.delhi would not stay on nh8.

and at the end of the day if one sees the master plan carefully you will find that most nh8 projects will be only 3-5 kms from e way
    so it will be difference of only 5-10 min.(add jams and make it 20 min :))

having said this let the debate continue..........:bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • The debate seems endless.

No point in convincing the e way baiter's & otherwise.
    CommentQuote